Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

3,314 replies to this topic
Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 6 days ago

-Friend & Girlfriend Activity System, it is really toned down on GTA V.

I really enjoyed this system on GTA IV because when you meet an other character they both have some unique dialogs that make me laugh hard. Also calling lawyer girlfriend and getting rid of cops was very useful, something like that really needed against overpowered cops. Also you could call certain characters for guns, backup, bomb or vehicle which was helping in some conditions.

In V, My favourite real life activities pool and bowling are both removed, you have a pool table but you can not able to play pool. You don't have much activities and you cant call friends for guns, backup or vehicles. I love getting drunk but every time I have to risk overpowered police forces with choppers shooting me with shotguns because I am driving drunk.

I understand why people frustrated with GTA IV, because friends were calling untimely and refusing them causes losing like points. If the like points did not drop when you refuse them, it would be perfect.

-Police System.

During missions, you shoot all police forces in order to avoid getting caught. If you get success, your wanted level simply go down. Apart from missions, when you are freeroaming and get a wanted level if you shoot cops who follows you, it simply makes your wanted level up and causing more cops to spawn until you die. I never understand that.

Also police shooting you with shotguns on 1 star level because you are drunk driving, this a overreacted response.

The game feels like polices looking a simply reason to shot your ass downs.

-Gang System

There are gangs located in certain areas but there is not any gang war happening between them. I still cannot completely say which gang control where because gangs has nothing to do with main and side story. Huge potential wasted here. We cannot have any gang member as a backup, sadly. A side mission would be perfect. I want to give the car to Lamar and want to a driveby shooting with Franklin & Trevor to start a gang war. Not possible, damn. Do not say Franklin trying to avoid gang things. Niko Bellic came America to end his criminal life and we know what happened then.

-Drugs.

You produce drugs but you are not able to sell them. This game really needs a drug wars or drug selling side mission. Trevor finding and hunting other drug producers and dealers. The war between him and lost mc could be much longer.

Still rank V as my favorite game among all GTA titles anyway, I don't like online because of hackers&modders doing hairy things etc.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Dangerous and sad like this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 6 days ago

I forgot to mention, picking and throwing objects in IV also sometimes made me laugh very hard.

Grabbing dildos from sex shop and throwing them to the patrolling pedestrian cops, this was what they deserve, lol.

I don't know why they scrapped this feature too.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Misunderstood like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 6 days ago

I really enjoyed this system on GTA IV because when you meet an other character they both have some unique dialogs that make me laugh hard. Also calling lawyer girlfriend and getting rid of cops was very useful, something like that really needed against overpowered cops. Also you could call certain characters for guns, backup, bomb or vehicle which was helping in some conditions.

In V, My favourite real life activities pool and bowling are both removed, you have a pool table but you can not able to play pool. You don't have much activities and you cant call friends for guns, backup or vehicles. I love getting drunk but every time I have to risk overpowered police forces with choppers shooting me with shotguns because I am driving drunk.

Yeah. The activities are really lackluster. I don't like the drinking in GTA V because the effect is like swimming under water and it wears off too quick. The drunken rants aren't as funny as GTA IV either. Packie singing "Danny Boy" always gets me in stitches when I go drinking with him.

Other than how they sometimes talk about in game events it's a huge step backwards and doesn't do much to improve only to seek a "sweep under the rug" solution because people didn't like the friends calling in GTA IV and the "like/respect" meter. Instead they just completely gutted it leaving a shell behind. 

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 6 days ago

Yeah. The activities are really lackluster. I don't like the drinking in GTA V because the effect is like swimming under water and it wears off too quick. The drunken rants aren't as funny as GTA IV either. Packie singing "Danny Boy" always gets me in stitches when I go drinking with him.

Other than how they sometimes talk about in game events it's a huge step backwards and doesn't do much to improve only to seek a "sweep under the rug" solution because people didn't like the friends calling in GTA IV and the "like/respect" meter. Instead they just completely gutted it leaving a shell behind. 

I understand people who got angry because refusing an untimely call causing the like/respect meter drops. The only thing need to be remove the like thing, let "friend" starts doing their favor after 3 or 4 activity with them; thats all. I love friends calling you to invite a social activity giving the feeling that other characters has their on life. But my character has its own busy life too and i shouldn't get punished for saying no.

Jimmy took our phone number, the ganstar wannabe boy; never calls us after that. Simply this doesn't even make sense.

GTA IV = Too many call and if you say no, like/respect points dropped and it gets harder to unlock friend special ability

GTA V = No calls, no special friend ability, not enough activities with friends.

GTA VI should have a balance between two.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

Easy fix - they could make the friends text instead of call to hang out, and you can open the text at your own leisure and reply if you wish, similar to the emails. It makes no sense that the friends in V never suggest to hangout.

The like system makes no difference really, but the removal of the perks as well is just a pointless downgrade.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 6 days ago

The text idea isnt bad, so it AND call options combined would be sweet. For me, it should work so the meter will go down if you said no multiple times in a row, or if you arrive late (2 o 3 ingames hours, depends how far you are from the meeting point, the game should be less strict about that).

In V, there should have been much more options to do. So far, when you hang out you can only:

- go drink
- see a movie
- golf (only between protsgonists)
- tennis
- darts
- strip club

AND, to top it off, they are restricted between characters. For example, with Amanda you can only drink and play tennis. Why? It would make sense to be able to do any activity with her, but nop. Whatever. With jimmy is the same thing but instead of drinking you go to the cinema (as F, you can take him to drink though), and with the rest of the characters is pretty much the same.

I dont understand why didnt R* didnt do a massive cut & paste with the missing activities if it was a matter of lack of time of dev or something along the lines. More activities wouldnt definitely hurt (not to mention that arm wrestling was there from the beginning but was exclusive to Online, you can even see the barrel&wood props all over the map but cannot interact with them) and it would have changed that aspect of the game a lot. Imagine having all of the available activities from IV along with the already available:

- Bowling
- Airjockey (there are a few tables in Del Perro Pier)
- Pool (having Tequila-la open at nights so you could take mojitos like in the stripclub, play with the darts set upstairs, and play Pool. Would have been a nice place to interact with. You could also play in the tabern at the desert where you can play Darts too.
-eating (you would give the miriad of restaurants/fast food places available around all the map a good use for this)
-Split Sides (hell, i dont even want to get in this subject)

And:

- drinking
- cinema
- golf
- tennis
- darts
- strip club

But with no restrictions whatsoever. Now that would have been awesome
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, Journey_95 and 2 others like this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 6 days ago

I never understand why they cut pool. You have a pool table where you play darts but you are not able to play it. Possibly they run out of time and they couldn't record motion captures required for pool play.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

R* can add in a new doomsday heist for GTA Online but can't make a story dlc. I'm absolutely fuming.
  • Journey_95, Dangerous and sad and Brian_O_Malley like this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 6 days ago

R* can add in a new doomsday heist for GTA Online but can't make a story dlc. I'm absolutely fuming.

it's huge drop of profit for them if they did that, for EFLC they got sponsor money from microsoft to release first exlusively on xbox and actual profit form sales was disappointing at the best especially if you consider easy money cow online

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by ChiroVette, 6 days ago.

Its a legitimate gripe that a lot of people have. However, in Rockstar's defense, they are arguing that the SP DLC for IV sold so poorly that it would be pointless to create for V. Add to that the fact that they were not given a 50 million dollar stipend from MS or Sony for exclusivity, and if I were on the Board of Directors of Take2, and NOT a gamer or GTA fan myself, I would definitely vote not to green-light a SP DLC, particularly while the company is rolling in dough from Online.

The only real problem I see with this lack of SP is twofold, the first being that Rockstar hyped it up in promises pre-release about how they were going to "continue the adventures of..." and so on. Secondly, Sam Houser is the boss at Rockstar and he is highly prominent at Take2. He could have easily tried to sell the board on the idea of SP DLC on the basis of customer loyalty and to create goodwill. Regardless of how much money Online is making, Houser has to know there are a multitude of GTA fans who are very unhappy about the complete lack of SP support, and this could hurt future GTA titles, even if it isn't a huge hit.

• Dangerous and sad likes this

Dangerous and sad
  • Dangerous and sad

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 6 days ago

Dont even bother man. The old Rockstar is dead. Stay well away from RDR 2. Same bullsh*t will ruin that franchise also.
  • Darealbandicoot and Brian_O_Malley like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago

Yep, honestly disgusted with how Rockstar has treated its loyal SP fanbase in the past few years. Instead their pandering to Online kiddies never stops.  

• Brian_O_Malley likes this

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 6 days ago

Not looking good for rdr at this point with what they've done with GTA. This is the new RS and take2 is adamant on sucking money out of the fans. 

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Gravarty, 6 days ago.

Yep, GTA V is dead for me now, never want to touch this game again. What have they done to GTA: Online? flying deluxos, really? That car basically was just a joke in VC for collecting all the cars. I can't wait to see flying unicorns and jetpacks in RDR2 Online.. 

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Its a legitimate gripe that a lot of people have. However, in Rockstar's defense, they are arguing that the SP DLC for IV sold so poorly that it would be pointless to create for V. Add to that the fact that they were not given a 50 million dollar stipend from MS or Sony for exclusivity, and if I were on the Board of Directors of Take2, and NOT a gamer or GTA fan myself, I would definitely vote not to green-light a SP DLC, particularly while the company is rolling in dough from Online.

The only real problem I see with this lack of SP is twofold, the first being that Rockstar hyped it up in promises pre-release about how they were going to "continue the adventures of..." and so on. Secondly, Sam Houser is the boss at Rockstar and he is highly prominent at Take2. He could have easily tried to sell the board on the idea of SP DLC on the basis of customer loyalty and to create goodwill. Regardless of how much money Online is making, Houser has to know there are a multitude of GTA fans who are very unhappy about the complete lack of SP support, and this could hurt future GTA titles, even if it isn't a huge hit.
The reason why 4 dlc sold so poorly was (IMO) because people not everyone had an internet connection back then (I know I didn't) and it was locked to 360 for a year. Plus the console sales back then and copies sold have NOTHING on gta v and current console sales. Plus surely SOME percentage of people will buy it especially since the Internet is a lot more common in areas nowadays. If it isn't ,how is gta online getting so much players? Im still depressed about the whole situation lol.
  • Brian_O_Malley likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

The reason why 4 dlc sold so poorly was (IMO) because people not everyone had an internet connection back then (I know I didn't) and it was locked to 360 for a year. Plus the console sales back then and copies sold have NOTHING on gta v and current console sales. Plus surely SOME percentage of people will buy it especially since the Internet is a lot more common in areas nowadays. If it isn't ,how is gta online getting so much players? Im still depressed about the whole situation lol.

All good points. The problem is that Rockstar games still has to answer to the shareholders of Take2, and the Housers may be unwilling to wade into those waters to use GTA V as a test case for your assertion. Even though I absolutely think you are right. Also, another thing that may add a ton of sales to a V DLC is that even though SP gamers move onto their next games quite fast, even most GTA players, Online is so wildly popular that it may keep so many people interested in V that SP DLC would do well despite the game being over 4 years old.

Plus, let's be honest about it. If I was Sam Houser, making a fortune on GTA, I would absolutely take the chance, even if it really was nothing more than throwing the SP fan s a bone. Even if it wastes time and resources on a break-even project or a DLC venture that will assuredly make a fraction of Online, which banks its cash with little or no effort, it would be a nice "Thank you" to GTA supporters. But clearly Rockstar doesn't see it this way. Certainly Take2 could give a rat's ass as, unlike the Housers, GTA is just "dollars and cents" to them.

Also, there is something else to consider as well. And this is a much more nefarious accusation I have made against the Housers on more than one occasion: It is possible that DLC was scrapped intentionally as a sort of bullying tactic to try and entice people to go online to get their "new GTA content fix." The Housers may feel that the game being completely lacking in ANY new SP content, even to the extent that they don't port over the Online toys to SP, is better for Shark Card sales, even if it is to the detriment of their SP playerbase. They may be doing this intentionally to try and squeeze the SP fans for more money by basically saying, without saying it directly, "You want new content? Fine, go online. Oh and while you're at it, why not check out the store where we sell our shiny, new Shark Cards?"
  • Darealbandicoot likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

When you put it THAT way I think you make a lot of sense. If they loved single player as much as they say, why are they intentionally going out of their way to patch each and every way to get pre dlc blocker cars into story mode? AND the dlc blocker itself was an especially nasty slap in the face. Plus recycling the alien war dlc and agent dlc into a gta online update with NOTHING going to single player even though it was MEANT for single player NOT online (which would have benefited from it with map changes etc.) Plus they went out of their way to write a story for it, pay voice actors and more for this latest piece of DL cancer for grand buy that auto online. Plus intentionally sabotaging story mode with bugs, glitches, nerfs and removing content with each and every update is unacceptable but obviously they don't care anymore as they know people play gta online more and probably won't notice.
  • ChiroVette likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by ChiroVette, 6 days ago.

When you put it THAT way I think you make a lot of sense. If they loved single player as much as they say, why are they intentionally going out of their way to patch each and every way to get pre dlc blocker cars into story mode?

Probably for exactly the reason you think, to try and bully people into going Online.

AND the dlc blocker itself was an especially nasty slap in the face.

That it is.

Plus recycling the alien war dlc and agent dlc into a gta online update with NOTHING going to single player even though it was MEANT for single player NOT online (which would have benefited from it with map changes etc.) Plus they went out of their way to write a story for it, pay voice actors and more for this latest piece of DL cancer for grand buy that auto online. Plus intentionally sabotaging story mode with bugs, glitches, nerfs and removing content with each and every update is unacceptable but obviously they don't care anymore as they know people play gta online more and probably won't notice.

While I don't agree the entirety of the SP campaign itself, as a released entity when the game launched, feels incomplete, I see what you are saying. You could make the argument that intentionally nerfing the future of the game is, in essence, stripping it down, at least in perpetuity. But while I think that the way SP DLC was handled in V is morally reprehensible, at the same time, I don't feel like the actual SP game itself is lacking or limited. As a separate entity, launched in 2013, it is incredibly robust and satisfying on every level. But if you are making the case that all this content should have been added, and four years later that it is a huge slap in the face, not to mention so much future-SP potential wasted, then that I completely agree with.

• Darealbandicoot likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 6 days ago.

The text idea isnt bad, so it AND call options combined would be sweet. For me, it should work so the meter will go down if you said no multiple times in a row, or if you arrive late (2 o 3 ingames hours, depends how far you are from the meeting point, the game should be less strict about that).

In V, there should have been much more options to do. So far, when you hang out you can only:

- go drink
- see a movie
- golf (only between protsgonists)
- tennis
- darts
- strip club

AND, to top it off, they are restricted between characters. For example, with Amanda you can only drink and play tennis. Why? It would make sense to be able to do any activity with her, but nop. Whatever. With jimmy is the same thing but instead of drinking you go to the cinema (as F, you can take him to drink though), and with the rest of the characters is pretty much the same.

I dont understand why didnt R* didnt do a massive cut & paste with the missing activities if it was a matter of lack of time of dev or something along the lines. More activities wouldnt definitely hurt (not to mention that arm wrestling was there from the beginning but was exclusive to Online, you can even see the barrel&wood props all over the map but cannot interact with them) and it would have changed that aspect of the game a lot. Imagine having all of the available activities from IV along with the already available:

- Bowling
- Airjockey (there are a few tables in Del Perro Pier)
- Pool (having Tequila-la open at nights so you could take mojitos like in the stripclub, play with the darts set upstairs, and play Pool. Would have been a nice place to interact with. You could also play in the tabern at the desert where you can play Darts too.
-eating (you would give the miriad of restaurants/fast food places available around all the map a good use for this)
-Split Sides (hell, i dont even want to get in this subject)

And:

- drinking
- cinema
- golf
- tennis
- darts
- strip club

But with no restrictions whatsoever. Now that would have been awesome

To be fair in GTA IV not all the activities were available for each character. For example Little Jacob couldn't bowl and Dwayne couldn't play darts, but given that there are less activities in GTA V I think all the characters should be able to do everything. Also why can't Michael hang out with Tracey, but he can with Amanda and Jimmy? Trevor can't hang out with Ron and/or Wade either.

Overall the whole thing feels like an afterthought (Much like how poorly implemented the properties are). It just feels like it was thrown in at the last moment during development. 

• gunziness likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Jetpack isn't coming to SP, but only for online players to enjoy?   :cry:

I hate you Rockstar.

• ChiroVette and Brian_O_Malley like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago

Jetpack isn't coming to SP, but only for online players to enjoy?   :cry:

I hate you Rockstar.

Gotta get that Shark Card money.

• ChiroVette and Algonquin Assassin like this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 5 days ago

SPOILER about ending if you don't played game please stop reading here:

Ending A&B never make sense to me. If you choose those endings, you know you lose a playable character, that character's properties and side missions, some of our friends get angry because of you killed trevor / micheal, then they doesn't want to hang with you. That costs some unique dialogs.

As i a player I want to keep every possible thing that game initially offers so I never choose an ending except C.
  • ChiroVette likes this

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Dryspace, 5 days ago.

I don't see how there is any question as to whether single-player is deliberately ignored in order to maximize Shark Card sales.

If not, then why would they put basically the same amount of effort into blocking content in single-player as would be required to enable it to be purchased as DLC?

• ChiroVette likes this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 5 days ago

I don't know if it fits here but i will write anyway

I never understand how Lamar and Franklin's aunt never get curious about how Franklin become suddenly rich and move to Vinevood in a week. Especially Lamar, your best friend suddenly become super rich and you only moan about your hood and how Franklin left hood.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

@Zenar

What about why Lester would give a few million to Franklin for a hills mansion? He doesn't even know the guy.

Further, Lester is extremely paranoid about security, and rightly so as he is crippled; such a mansion would make him much more secure than the tiny house in the neighborhood that is no doubt well-acquainted with crime.

• Zenar likes this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 5 days ago

@Zenar

What about why Lester would give a few million to Franklin for a hills mansion? He doesn't even know the guy.

Further, Lester is extremely paranoid about security, and rightly so as he is crippled; such a mansion would make him much more secure than the tiny house in the neighborhood that is no doubt well-acquainted with crime.

Yeah this is another thing. If I were Lester and if I had to give my house to the another guy to avoid any legal issues, that would be Trevor definitely. Dude you barely known Franklin, come on.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 5 days ago

Ending A&B never make sense to me. If you choose those endings, you know you lose a playable character, that character's properties and side missions, some of our friends get angry because of you killed trevor / micheal, then they doesn't want to hang with you. That costs some unique dialogs.

No ending makes sense really. Franklin rationalises his reasons to kill M/T despite none of it ever being alluded to in the story. In ending C, Franklin acts like he never had those thoughts about why he would kill M/T anyway. Instead of showing Franklin considering his options (like say, Niko does with his options) there are three different versions of him for each ending.

Similar with Michael in ending A, it portrays a version of him that wanted to kill Trevor, as though it had to happen. Yet in ending C he never expresses anything like this, it's a different Michael who has different thoughts. Basically, if Michael acted like that in A, that means that he was thinking this stuff during the campaign, so where are these feelings gone in C? They don't exist.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, Light Syde Riandy and 3 others like this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Very good

• Members
  • New-Caledonia

Posted 5 days ago

Jetpack isn't coming to SP

That is actually some good news ;)

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 5 days ago

Jetpack isn't coming to SP

That is actually some good news ;)

It's pretty funny when you think about it. The San Andreas fanboys have been stamping their feet for 4 years for the sh*t jetpack. It's here, but only in GTAO lol.

The latest update for GTAO looks so un-GTA though. Might as well call it Grand Saints Call Of Duty Row Theft Auto Online. I just don't know what else to say.

• B Dawg, Piggsy pls, Misunderstood and 1 other like this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Very good

• Members
  • New-Caledonia

Posted 5 days ago

The latest update for GTAO looks so un-GTA though. Might as well call it Grand Saints Call Of Duty Row Theft  Purchase Auto Online. I just don't know what else to say.

FTFY.

• Algonquin Assassin and B Dawg like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users