Photo

Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

3,305 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:05 PM Edited by B Dawg, 12 October 2017 - 01:06 PM.

Lack of dog breeds is a flaw? You should be happy that there even are any dogs at all. They're not even the focus of the game. There's far better things to spend development time and resources on than making many different breeds of animals.

• Misunderstood, ReadyerrNot and CGFforLife like this

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

I f'n hate looking for videos of GTA in youtube and seeing all that clickbait and childist crap of V at the side of my screen, with that ramps and neon bikes and toy tracks... It's sad and annoying at the same time.

highspeed
  • highspeed

Monster truck everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

@ JavierC, you make a very good point, but how is that GTA's and R*'s fault though?

Yeah, they added the content on the crazy neon bikes and childish tracks, but if that what the market wants (not saying all, but maybe a small few) then why not give it to them? Me personally, I try not to YouTube anything GTA related, as I can see it ruining it for me.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

Cant earn money with unique stunts  :*(   :cry:  :angry:  :sui:

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

One of the most obvious flaws for me is the severe lack of NPC's in landmark places on the map. I.e. The Kortz Centre. 

You'll go there and there are literally no NPC's what so ever. Same with the strip malls in Blaine County. 

Which I find strange because when they released on PS4 one of the main selling points was the increased traffic. f*ck the traffic, what about NPC!? They're the ones that make the game world immersive.

• Pink Pineapple, Wancak and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, dog, cat, wolf, fox, and dragon lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

No game is perfect. This is overall a good game to me but here are just a few things that I don't particularly care for about the game:

1. Flying. No explanation needed.

2. Trevor. Mostly because he killed Johnny Klebitz and Floyd as well as leaving Michael to die in the hands of the Chinese. To a lesser extent, he said to Ron in one mission something about wanting to "have a wife with blonde hair".

3. The blonde girl in a bikini with a phone on the loading screen. I have blonde hair and blue eyes myself and I have nothing against anyone male or female with my own hair and eye color. It's just I prefer brunettes with brown eyes and would've preferred it to be a woman with brown hair and brown eyes, and for her to be able to be picked up by Michael, Trevor, or Franklin in between missions. That's just me though. :p 

• Wancak likes this

Wancak
  • Wancak

For fun only

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Security Guard when wanted is annoying, they can appear out of nowhere and your wanted star flashes back

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V:A Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:02 PM

Poilce helis come out of nowhere is annoying

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

I can't get in a gun fight with the Ballas without the f*cking cops getting in the way and killing my rampage

using Director mode is my only option but I can't store vehicles so what's the point.

I hate all the restrictions.

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

The list of vehicles not applicable in Hao's street races is almost as long as the vehicles that are. http://gta.wikia.com...ces#Description

All confirmed via script and in-game testing. Hell, Rockstar even tried to block certain DLC vehicles, insurgent, turreted limo, etc, but the script doesn't appear to function.

highspeed
  • highspeed

Monster truck everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

The landscape is SO goddamn crowded! I'm sure it's like this in LA for real, but f*ck!

Everytime I ride my bike, shooting behind me (yeah, not watching where I'm going at full speed), and within two seconds I crash and hit some landscape, poll or f*cking terrain!

ARGH

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

The list of vehicles not applicable in Hao's street races is almost as long as the vehicles that are. http://gta.wikia.com...ces#Description

All confirmed via script and in-game testing. Hell, Rockstar even tried to block certain DLC vehicles, insurgent, turreted limo, etc, but the script doesn't appear to function.

I wonder if there is a way to edit/add more NPC vehicles or edit the vehicle models per race, so we can add supers or muscle cars for example to specific circuits.

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

I wonder if there is a way to edit/add more NPC vehicles or edit the vehicle models per race, so we can add supers or muscle cars for example to specific circuits.
That would all be possible via script, but I'm unsure if it's possible to repack the scripts. I can see all the scripting for the 5 or 6 cars that appear in each race right in front of me here, just have no idea how I would put it back into the game after changing it :p
  • gunziness likes this

Blight77
  • Blight77

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:59 AM

Well, as i ever mentioned in other topic that GTA V is probably my favorite game from the series as for currently, however i do have some complains and disappointment regarding the game features :

- The Lack of Purchasable Safehouse (I guess this is the biggest problem that i have with GTA V, while the map itself is extremely huge with a lot of variety, i guess the lack of safehouse is kinda irritate me given that the protagonists safe for trevor won't be able to travel to another place and stay for awhile just like you do that in SA, and i do think a purchasable safehouse mainly in Blaine County would made the games much more interesting)

- Limited Vehicle Storage (Could also be said as the continuation of the lack of safehouses, is the fact that i can go as far that the amount of vehicles that we can safe in GTA V is somewhat disappointing, given that you can only safe up to 20 cars for all 3 characters and 1 plane, heli, and boat for each protagonist, compare it to SA whereas we can safe up to 40 cars and 4 aircraft despite having lesser amount of vehicle is disappointing indeed and i guess the only brighter side is i can use a lot of variety of vehicle choice while playing in the following playthrough)

- Cops (It's still irritate me on how easy we can get the wanted level in V, while the IV also have a problem regarding the Pay'n Spray, at least in IV it's pretty hard to get the wanted level and as long as you keep civil you won't ever get any wanted level just because you're standing next to person for some times)

- Heists with more complex preparation (While i think 6 heists are already enough, i do think more heists should use a good time of preparation which would made the heist itself felt different than the regular mission, the FIB heist for example while being among the best heist in the game, but the preparation is pretty simple of just stealing a fire truck or even none at all if you choose the rooftop route, the fact that Jewel Store Job being one of the best heist (including the preparation) in the entire game despite being the first heist (only lost to Big Score and Paleto Score IMO) also set a somewhat unrealistic standard toward the following heists which in my opinion are inferior such as Merryweather and Blitz Play)

- Ability to play tennis as Franklin (One of the side problem which somehow noticable is the fact that Franklin while being the youngest unable to play tennis whereas it's mainly use a physical ability.. To make it worst, tennis is one of the best way to increase strength and given Franklin is the ones with the best stamina stats compare to the other protagonists, it's a shame that i won't be able to utilize tennis to increase his strength stats, not to mention the lack of "things to do" while hang out with either trevor or michael)

• Algonquin Assassin, Dr. Robotnik, highspeed and 1 other like this

highspeed
  • highspeed

Monster truck everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

- Heists with more complex preparation (While i think 6 heists are already enough, i do think more heists should use a good time of preparation which would made the heist itself felt different than the regular mission, the FIB heist for example while being among the best heist in the game, but the preparation is pretty simple of just stealing a fire truck or even none at all if you choose the rooftop route, the fact that Jewel Store Job being one of the best heist (including the preparation) in the entire game despite being the first heist (only lost to Big Score and Paleto Score IMO) also set a somewhat unrealistic standard toward the following heists which in my opinion are inferior such as Merryweather and Blitz Play)

This, for sure.

It needs to be like a movie view, with I feel all the little details needed, things to do and get etc, to really add more depth to it. Add a lot of small things which will lead to a great big build up, to a more dynamic turn of heists.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

Well, as i ever mentioned in other topic that GTA V is probably my favorite game from the series as for currently, however i do have some complains and disappointment regarding the game features :

- The Lack of Purchasable Safehouse (I guess this is the biggest problem that i have with GTA V, while the map itself is extremely huge with a lot of variety, i guess the lack of safehouse is kinda irritate me given that the protagonists safe for trevor won't be able to travel to another place and stay for awhile just like you do that in SA, and i do think a purchasable safehouse mainly in Blaine County would made the games much more interesting)

- Limited Vehicle Storage (Could also be said as the continuation of the lack of safehouses, is the fact that i can go as far that the amount of vehicles that we can safe in GTA V is somewhat disappointing, given that you can only safe up to 20 cars for all 3 characters and 1 plane, heli, and boat for each protagonist, compare it to SA whereas we can safe up to 40 cars and 4 aircraft despite having lesser amount of vehicle is disappointing indeed and i guess the only brighter side is i can use a lot of variety of vehicle choice while playing in the following playthrough)

- Cops (It's still irritate me on how easy we can get the wanted level in V, while the IV also have a problem regarding the Pay'n Spray, at least in IV it's pretty hard to get the wanted level and as long as you keep civil you won't ever get any wanted level just because you're standing next to person for some times)

- Ability to play tennis as Franklin (One of the side problem which somehow noticable is the fact that Franklin while being the youngest unable to play tennis whereas it's mainly use a physical ability.. To make it worst, tennis is one of the best way to increase strength and given Franklin is the ones with the best stamina stats compare to the other protagonists, it's a shame that i won't be able to utilize tennis to increase his strength stats, not to mention the lack of "things to do" while hang out with either trevor or michael)

Well safe houses WERE in story mode but were cut for online, there was another heist called the Sharamota job that was cut that had three options, and they cut the option to play tennis with Franklin BUT you CAN play against him using a glitch and he even has unique lines

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

That would all be possible via script, but I'm unsure if it's possible to repack the scripts. I can see all the scripting for the 5 or 6 cars that appear in each race right in front of me here, just have no idea how I would put it back into the game after changing it :p

Nice, could you upload the file/script somewhere or give us insight of how you got to see it?

Blight77
  • Blight77

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

This, for sure.

It needs to be like a movie view, with I feel all the little details needed, things to do and get etc, to really add more depth to it. Add a lot of small things which will lead to a great big build up, to a more dynamic turn of heists.

Yeah, although what i mean it doesn't necessary as the "Breaking the Bank in Caligula" from SA for example, however i like my preparation mission to somewhat different from one another such as stealing the Cargobob into Fort Zancudo in the Offshore method from Merryweather Heist or Stealing Train for Obvious approach in Big Score.. While both mission require us to steal the vehicle, both missions however is somewhat felt different due to different objective compare to the usual preparation such as stealing the Trash Truck and Tow Truck for Blitz Play (i do know that both of them are necessary for the story purpose however)

Well safe houses WERE in story mode but were cut for online, there was another heist called the Sharamota job that was cut that had three options, and they cut the option to play tennis with Franklin BUT you CAN play against him using a glitch and he even has unique lines

Really? That's too bad then.. I do know that you can store up to 40 cars in online but i just know about the safehouse things, i also have heard about Sharamota Job and it supposed to be the heist to Martin Mandrazo's mansion isn't it? and the last thing is definitely interesting, do you know how to play tennis with Franklin by utilizing this glitch btw?

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:22 PM Edited by Darealbandicoot, 29 October 2017 - 12:24 PM.

@Blight77 Yep right here http://gtaforums.com...nnis-after-all/
  • _P136_ likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

This, for sure.

Yeah, although what i mean it doesn't necessary as the "Breaking the Bank in Caligula" from SA for example, however i like my preparation mission to somewhat different from one another such as stealing the Cargobob into Fort Zancudo in the Offshore method from Merryweather Heist or Stealing Train for Obvious approach in Big Score.. While both mission require us to steal the vehicle, both missions however is somewhat felt different due to different objective compare to the usual preparation such as stealing the Trash Truck and Tow Truck for Blitz Play (i do know that both of them are necessary for the story purpose however)

Really? That's too bad then.. I do know that you can store up to 40 cars in online but i just know about the safehouse things, i also have heard about Sharamota Job and it supposed to be the heist to Martin Mandrazo's mansion isn't it? and the last thing is definitely interesting, do you know how to play tennis with Franklin by utilizing this glitch btw?

You can store up to 120 vehicles and an extra 10 storage slots exclusive for motorbikes in Online.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Two of the three issues you mentioned could have been completely solved by SP DLC support, if Take2 didn't decide to embrace freemium thuggery to try and bully people into going online.

Think about it: Heists in V are absolutely fantastic in many ways. They really are. But one could argue that being the first GTA to embrace Heists, that the game launched without them being as evolved as they could have been if Rockstar had continued to create SP content like more heists. That is the truly sad part, that the Heists we have could have been the template for evolving them to a higher level in DLC heists. I mean, would literally ANYONE complain about the non-mission-missions like "Go buy three masks" if these were only the first heists in a long line of many?

Of course not. Because players would have seen Rockstar evolve the heists over the past four years. I honestly believe that the heists we have are perfectly fine for a launch game and a first offering of heists. They would even be fine if Rockstar/Take2 were not so entrenched in GTAO that they have all but ignored GTA VI. But that's the problem. With no DLC, no SP support, and Rockstar too busy with GTAO to even evolve heists in a soon-to-be-released GTA VI, V's heists end up feeling like instead of being "the beginning of something" they are now the final conclusion.

The second problem you allude to could have also been solved with SP support, by just offering the storage space to players off line.

The third, sadly, is what it is. I hate the cops and wanted system in BOTH IV and V. I think that Rockstar, for reasons passing understanding, has decided that all the fun we all used to have in the 3D era with self-styled rampages was just too much fun and they yanked it out of IV and V.

Blight77
  • Blight77

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:44 AM

@Blight77 Yep right here http://gtaforums.com...nnis-after-all/

Now that's definitely interesting.. I guess i'll try this glitch later when i play the games.. thanks for the information btw

This, for sure.

You can store up to 120 vehicles and an extra 10 storage slots exclusive for motorbikes in Online.

Well, that's a monstrous number indeed.. how many boats or aircraft that we can safe in Online btw?

Blight77
  • Blight77

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:54 AM Edited by Blight77, 30 October 2017 - 05:56 AM.

Two of the three issues you mentioned could have been completely solved by SP DLC support, if Take2 didn't decide to embrace freemium thuggery to try and bully people into going online.

Think about it: Heists in V are absolutely fantastic in many ways. They really are. But one could argue that being the first GTA to embrace Heists, that the game launched without them being as evolved as they could have been if Rockstar had continued to create SP content like more heists. That is the truly sad part, that the Heists we have could have been the template for evolving them to a higher level in DLC heists. I mean, would literally ANYONE complain about the non-mission-missions like "Go buy three masks" if these were only the first heists in a long line of many?

Of course not. Because players would have seen Rockstar evolve the heists over the past four years. I honestly believe that the heists we have are perfectly fine for a launch game and a first offering of heists. They would even be fine if Rockstar/Take2 were not so entrenched in GTAO that they have all but ignored GTA VI. But that's the problem. With no DLC, no SP support, and Rockstar too busy with GTAO to even evolve heists in a soon-to-be-released GTA VI, V's heists end up feeling like instead of being "the beginning of something" they are now the final conclusion.

The second problem you allude to could have also been solved with SP support, by just offering the storage space to players off line.

The third, sadly, is what it is. I hate the cops and wanted system in BOTH IV and V. I think that Rockstar, for reasons passing understanding, has decided that all the fun we all used to have in the 3D era with self-styled rampages was just too much fun and they yanked it out of IV and V.

Well yeah, i guess all in all as long as the Online still selling, i guess we won't be able to get any type of expansion for sure.. I completely agree with your post however, i also like the theme of heists and how it's implemented in the GTA V story which somewhat different compare to the previous titles, given that as good as "Three Leaf Clover" is, unlike V however it's kinda come out from nowhere, whereas heist in V have some sort of preparation.. I just think they can provide much more creativity in their preparation mission (and i'm not talking about buying a mask, but the fact that most of it require us to steal a certain car, escape the wanted level, and that's that) As for the current stand however, i don't think it affect my whole experience about V, i just think they can expand it a little more with more variety.. It's a shame that we won't be able to see anything like this in SP though..

Also agree with your last point, given as stupid as it is, i guess i still prefer the Pay'n Spray which still works even though there's more than 10 cops vehicle outside with 5 stars wanted level, i guess Rockstar want to apply the realism aspect since i heard that hiding in brush or change your car when you're wanted actually increase the chance of you to avoid getting busted..

And for the last thing, do you have any information about VI? and do you think Online will still get the more priority over SP just like V?

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:37 AM

I'm almost sure they removed gang/drug wars before releasing the game for some reason (last gen restrictions?), you are seeing a homie being arrested with a very cool animation and watch that SUV bouncing IV style at the end dammit, looks awesome.

This is a trailer I love and hate at the same time, it's what V could have been.

• Official General likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V:A Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

I hate it when protag tripped and fall

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

I'm almost sure they removed gang/drug wars before releasing the game for some reason (last gen restrictions?), you are seeing a homie being arrested with a very cool animation and watch that SUV bouncing IV style at the end dammit, looks awesome.

This is a trailer I love and hate at the same time, it's what V could have been.

I'll never forget the huge feeling of excitement and exhilaration I had after seeing that trailer for the first time. I was expecting a bevy of hardcore, explosive gang action in the hood and more to go with it in the form of side activities.

Luckily I have V on mods and created that for myself in the exact way that I had imagined, but Rockstar had failed to do.
  • JavierC likes this

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

Dahooops...I thought this was the wine and champagne thread. Carry on.

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

Auto aim can be horrible at times as well. I've got a guy standing right next to me shooting the sh*t out of me because when I press the aim button I lock on to a random NPC who's further away from me and running away, instead of the guy who poses an immediate threat.

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

I'll never forget the huge feeling of excitement and exhilaration I had after seeing that trailer for the first time. I was expecting a bevy of hardcore, explosive gang action in the hood and more to go with it in the form of side activities.

Luckily I have V on mods and created that for myself in the exact way that I had imagined, but Rockstar had failed to do.

What mods do you use man? I'm not a PC player so that's out of reach for me but I'm curious.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

What mods do you use man? I'm not a PC player so that's out of reach for me but I'm curious.

* Drug Trafficking mod (drug-dealing activity similar to the one in Chinatown Wars)

* Lively World mod (random gang drive by shootings in the hood). 

* Ambient loadouts (gang members carry all kinds of different pistols and other guns)

* Rob and sell drugs mod (street robberies and hand to hand drug dealing)

* Bodyguard mod (recruit gang members as bodyguards and drivers). 

* Strapped Lamar (hang out with Lamar and he always has a pistol)

* Gang Mod (join any gang and engage in gang wars, gang activity etc). 

• Algonquin Assassin and JavierC like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users