Official GTAV Whine and Complain Thread

3,114 replies to this topic
ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I really hated that the sewer in LS has creepy sound in it, but I really don't mind this because I just muted the sound whenever I enter the sewer

As with my rest whine, even GTAV has flaws, it's still a beautiful, amazing, well-craften masterpiece

I totally agree. Even a game as absolutely fabulous and near perfect as GTA V has a few very minor niggles to whinge & bitch about. For example, lack of SP support. Shark Cards is another thing. Its hard to imagine a game as gorgeous, fun, engaging, and near perfect as V has things to complain about, but no game is perfect.

• CGFforLife and Am Shaegar like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

I really hated that the sewer in LS has creepy sound in it, but I really don't mind this because I just muted the sound whenever I enter the sewer
As with my rest whine, even GTAV has flaws, it's still a beautiful, amazing, well-craften masterpiece

Why do you always say "but I don't mind" like after every complaint? Clearly you do otherwise you wouldn't mention it.;)

Also I don't think it's necessary to point out that no game is perfect or has its flaws all the time. Just saying.
  • Pink Pineapple likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Also I don't think it's necessary to point out that no game is perfect or has its flaws all the time. Just saying.

And I don't think its necessary for people to point out the same complaints day after day, month after month, year after year, but it is what it is, right? lol

(Not accusing you of this. Even though you and I tease each other and mostly disagree on V, your posts and opinions are rational)

Speaking of the sewer, I have explored there many times, but for some reason, I can't remember this creepy sound CGForLife is talking about. I need to boot up my game and check that out.

• CGFforLife and Am Shaegar like this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted A week ago

I hated some unnecessary missions like buying suits, masks.

Planes are useless

Weapon sounds are s**t

You get money after the final mission, it is really hard to earn money. After finishing it there isn't any reason to come back to this boring game. It is easier in previous games.

Side missions are pointless and waste of time

Map unlocked from the start...Yeah this is actually a problem because in previous games you need to unlock it, it is a challenge and when map is locked you feel like it is more big.

While playing the game you feel stressed and doesn't feel like you are "free" at all. Game restrict you.

Map is boring, you don't want to explore it again after unlocking. It does not offer anything newit does not offer anything ne...free roaming is also boring. In previous games even after exploring city for 10th time you find something new.

it does not offer anythin
  • Mister Pink likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The only thing I hate is that Rockstar failed to balance the amount of attention given to single player and multiplayer. 

GTA V had so much potential to become the greatest GTA every fan wished to see. 

GTA V has an amazingly gorgeous, and diverse map with good amount of freedom (vs GTA IV) and customization. But only if, after all these years, Rockstar didn't focus too much in making the multiplayer experience engaging than the single player, the game would have easily decimated any previous GTA.

It really saddens me.

• ChiroVette, Mister Pink, Misunderstood and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

Map unlocked from the start...Yeah this is actually a problem because in previous games you need to unlock it, it is a challenge and when map is locked you feel like it is more big.

To be fair it's not like the map layout is really suited for parts of it to be gradually be unlocked though or atleast in a way that wouldn't feel out of place. I just resist the urge to explore the whole map at the beginning.

I'm not a fan however of the map fogging. It's annoying and kind of pointless seeing as we all know what the map looks like anyway. It looks ugly in the pause menu having certain parts uncovered with others concealed and map icons poking through.
  • Ertan Soner likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

Why do you always say "but I don't mind" like after every complaint? Clearly you do otherwise you wouldn't mention it. ;)

Because while I had these problems, they aren't really bothered me because it's just small problem or could be avoided. But if I want to whine about the haters, I can fill half of the page ;)

Speaking of the sewer, I have explored there many times, but for some reason, I can't remember this creepy sound CGForLife is talking about. I need to boot up my game and check that out.

Tbh, I don't even hear the creepy sound, however I found in gta-myth.wikia saying about creepy laughter sound from Los Santos Sewers

in related note, I also found a sound file named "spooky" in SFX, the sound has ghost sound and laughter sound in it. I think this might be related to creepy sound from the sewer or might be Jolene-Cranley Ghosts

Other Whine

I really hated that ped keep calling cop because of just a simple problem, still I don't mind this because of my intelligence at editing file, I disabled the ability for the ped to call the cop

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted A week ago

Peds calling cops or cops appear everywhere when you are wanted but I really mind it because it is f***ing annoying!

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Wanted Level System is also bad, but I won't whine about it since many people have discussed it before.

• ChiroVette likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Wanted Level System is also bad, but I won't whine about it since many people have discussed it before.

lol NO, this one you should whine about!

I like the idea in principal, that you can hide out of line of sight or in shadows. When it works, it isn't bad, but more often than not it can be really annoying and tedious. This is one area where I royally hate both in IV and V, to be honest. I know IV fans prefer the "Perimeter" wanted system, but I hate that, too. Although at least Pay 'n' Sprays partially worked in IV. I really wish, as corny as it sounds, that Rockstar would borrow some ideas from the 3D era. Not for anything, I know a lot of people would object to police bribes, but I LOVE that layer of law enforcement evasion in III, VC, VCS, LCS, and SA.

It is so cool trying to memorize where all the bribes are and losing one star at a time.

Also, why not bring back WAITING OUT a one star wanted level? In both IV and V, if you don't ditch one star, it goes to 2.

Maybe its too "old school" but I like the law evasion MUCH BETTER in the 3D era of GTA.
  • SmokesWithCigs and Am Shaegar like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Maybe we should be able to bribe cops like in Mafia II?

GTA IV Wanted System was great, because it was easy. I know that many people like some challenge, but come on - in GTA V you are supposed to hide, but everytime I hide in, for example, an alley the cops find me - they know exactly where I am. It sometimes work, but more often it doesn't.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I think the wanted system has been slightly downgraded ( for the better ) over time with patches. The last time I played the game ( about a month back ), the cops were not that frustrating to evade compared to the earlier playthroughs in 2013, and no I'm not using any mods either.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

GTA IV Wanted System was great, because it was easy. I know that many people like some challenge, but come on - in GTA V you are supposed to hide, but everytime I hide in, for example, an alley the cops find me - they know exactly where I am. It sometimes work, but more often it doesn't.

Like I said, I don't like the wanted system in either game. As for hiding, it works in V, but you have to account for the variable that when cops are chasing you, sometimes they randomly will go down alleys and find you. Other times they go down different alleys and don't find you.

I never played Mafia II so I don't know.
  • SmokesWithCigs likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

Technically if you count Online as part of GTA 5 then you have different options to evade wanted level (cops turn blind eye and remove stars services by lester; CEO bribe authorities service) and it's extra insulting that Lester is in single player one of the main characters yet you can't call him for any services. (this post counts as another whine i didn't come up with yet)

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

anybody realized how many things that used to be SP cheats are now multiplayer features?

Remove wanted level,

no cops (turn a blind eye)

spawn vehicles

restock ammo without going to ammunation

flying vehicles

am I missing anything else?

• B Dawg, Killerman29 and R3CON like this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted A week ago

anybody realized how many things that used to be SP cheats are now multiplayer features?

Remove wanted level,

no cops (turn a blind eye)

spawn vehicles

restock ammo without going to ammunation

flying vehicles

am I missing anything else?

Explosive and incendiary ammo.

• ViceOfLiberty likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Darealbandicoot, A week ago.

Doing a 100% save file again and is it just me, or did R* add a mach 10 button to cop cars now? Look I know the cops are psychic turds but in Franklin and Lamar I noticed that when the cops are searching for you they appear out of nowhere and are going at full speed AND don't need to be in their cone of vision to get spotted. For example my usual hiding place is the ammu nation carpark next to the dealership but out of nowhere a cop car going full speed down the street somehow spotted me and as if by magic, a cop car spawned out of thin air at full speed up the ramp and rammed me. Oh and I decided to test this again both in the mission and in free roam and the result was getting swarmed and run over by cops ON THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN and cops spotting me from two buildings away ON TOP of the second building in a corner while he wason the street and no way in hell should I have been spotted.Anyone notice this happening after installing smugglers run update?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago

Doing a 100% save file again and is it just me, or did R* add a mach 10 button to cop cars now? Look I know the cops are psychic turds but in Franklin and Lamar I noticed that when the cops are searching for you they appear out of nowhere and are going at full speed AND don't need to be in their cone of vision to get spotted. For example my usual hiding place is the ammu nation carpark next to the dealership but out of nowhere a cop car going full speed down the street somehow spotted me and as if by magic, a cop car spawned out of thin air at full speed up the ramp and rammed me. Oh and I decided to test this again both in the mission and in free roam and the result was getting swarmed and run over by cops ON THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN and cops spotting me from two buildings away ON TOP of the second building in a corner while he wason the street and no way in hell should I have been spotted.Anyone notice this happening after installing smugglers run update?

pretty normal and it existed already since gunrunning, game is suppose to be finished on every platform in spring of 2017 at the latest or you gonna suffer horrible glitches by newest online updates.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Well that sucks. I knew they wanted you to"Cut to the chase and play Gta online", and cripple single player with bugs but this is getting ridiculous as Gta V is the actual game with grand buy auto as an optional mode, I guess not😑 At least LA Noire and more great games are coming out soon.

B_Smiles
  • B_Smiles

now outta therapy and ready to date your sister!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by B_Smiles, A week ago.

Is it me, or is rampage1 on new gen more difficult than old gen? I was moving all over the place and yet every shot hit me, and i had armour yet i still died
Eh.

Also im starting to think that liquor store in vespucci canals is being watched. Robbed it, terminator cops with shotguns everywhere on a 1 star wanted level lolk

Edit1
Cable car can be dislodged..never knew that. Just falls down, unbreakable object.

Edit2
Whats the point of building up your ability meter if it just serves to kill you faster

Edit4
Aaaand the car eating garage bug is alive(ps4) after switching from online to franklin then michael.

Hair modelling still sucks!

What, so mouths do not move in director mode, yet they do when you are shot..
Oh r*

Edit5
Oh, you have some dirt on your car? That'll be $250
I'll shut up now

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

What do you mean "still"? It's not like they are going to actually change things. It will suck forever.

• B_Smiles likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Darealbandicoot, A week ago.

Wow npc sensitivity it cranked aaaaaaalll the way up to 10000%. I was playing as Franklin and landed in a buzzard near the hobo camp to collect a letter scrap when suddenly one of them pulled out an ifruit phone and called the cops who arrived in literally 3 seconds while all the hobos fleed screaming as the cops proceeded to gun me down while hiding inside a tent😑 Seriously R* stop screwing with single player no matter how bad the cops were before you just keep making it worse with every online exclusive update or you coded them to go after Franklin more which honestly seems like the case.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

Marksman cop shooting the tires of my fully upgraded T20 speeding at 200 mph/second. Not even Michael, Marston, or Payne can do that sh*t

SceneQueen
  • SceneQueen

Rawr XD

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 16 hours ago

Too many supercars, sports & SUV's. I'd like to see more variety, more old compacts, old sedans and cars like Idaho or Esperanto. Classic. 

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 26 minutes ago

-Vehicles sharing interiors. It doesn't make sense when a Mini, a Hyundai Tiburon, a Continental GT and a Rolls-Royce Phantom have the same vehicle interior.

-The Rhino cannot crush the roofs of cars in the CG/PC version.

-The Rhino is based on a Leopard 2A4/6(?) instead of an M1 Abrams, and the fact that Rhino can only accommodate 1 person, has no interior and none of the machine guns are usable.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users