Problem with Stickies in patch 1.12?

51 replies to this topic
Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Yeah happens to me now too. I'm usually dead on with drive by stickies but after patch sticky bombs I see hit cars blow me up instead because it doesn't stay on there car stays where the car was.

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

Yup. Don't work in races. They work in deathmatches.

Gameralfa095
  • Gameralfa095

Bang!

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:14 AM

Perhaps it looked like you hit him, but you actually missed.

But the sticky would still have exploded

2muchtime
  • 2muchtime

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

What's with all these perhaps's and maybes?

They defininitely now have a problem since patch 1.12.

Never had one fail to explode before, often now....

Like someone said earlier - Rockstar fix one issue and create more every time they alter anything.

Nuff said.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Yes, this is annoying me. I notice that I throw a sticky bomb, I see it land on a car(even makes that thump sounds, as if it hit the metal on the car), and blow it up, yet nothing happens to the other person. I notice that the explosion seems to be delayed. As in, if someone is in a moving car, the bomb will always explode just behind them.

Actually, when I was playing yesterday, believe it or not, I actually detonated my sticky bomb on some guy who was chasing me, and somehow killed him in his car with the bomb, but his car was completely fine. Weird.

That is the only problem I have with the stickies, just a delayed explosion for some reason. Don't think I've had them not detonate or anything like some other people have said.

But yeah, I hope they fix the stickies.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

These patches are so bad. If I were Microsoft, I would of pulled the plug and banned this crap from my service. Games that freeze consoles should be blacklisted until fixed. This will push these half assed, garbage developers to employ developers that know how to develop and fix their games. As for stickies, mine seem broken. I expected the patch to do more harm then good anyway.

Anon

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

I was cruising around in my tank a few days ago and this random guy drives up beside me and starts tossing sticky bombs, however they all kept blowing up a few feet behind as we were in motion

Was pretty fun to watch :p

mikkelhansen
  • mikkelhansen

Mojn då!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

This issue seems to be fixed, so I think a mod can unpin and close the thread. Not a single time in 1.13 have I experienced "losing" a sticky bomb.

TheNumberOfTheBreast
  • TheNumberOfTheBreast

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

This issue seems to be fixed, so I think a mod can unpin and close the thread. Not a single time in 1.13 have I experienced "losing" a sticky bomb.

Wrong, this still happens to me constantly.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

strange, mine work again.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:01 AM Edited by stonedpimpso, 31 May 2014 - 05:04 AM.

Saw a mythbusters gta online video testing the range of sticky bomb detonation and results were inconclusive. You can hear the explosion but get no actual detonation.

I had a Pegasus ordered cargobob stickied at the Vespucci helipads and was on an apt near the police station tank spawn. I can see the cargobob with my sniper rifle and hear the explosion of my sticky but no explosion and Pegasus icon still active.

I'm pretty sure I've done long long long distance kills with stickies in the past so I think something might have changed.

What's your experience with them recently? What the longest distance kill you've got with one since the last patch?

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:04 AM Edited by LightningLord411, 31 May 2014 - 05:05 AM.

That's odd. :/

(After a good 0.75 miles is the farthest I've gotten with latest patch)
  • AlexSniperBullet likes this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

i haven't noticed anything. 

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

I have noticed that before. Stickying something and getting too far behind kills the effect of a sticky I think. You hear the detonation but the car you stickied keeps driving.

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

I've had an experiance lately that really angers me, I'm running after a mission where I have to kill someone, I drive up and throw a sticky and it bounces off, throw another sticky, bounce, sticky, bounce, sticky, bounce, over and over. I finally had to just pull out my AP Pistol and shoot the f*cker.

I went back and found every single sticky stuck to the ground, i detonated them just to see if they were actually there or just a stuck texture. They were still real.

I would say more then anything THAT is the bigger issue with stickies then the max detonation range.

• LightningLord411 likes this

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

Earlier today I threw a buch of stickies outside of mayhem lsc because a guy with a bounty didn't want ot come out, I detonated them from right down the street between the Alta and Integrity Way apts and got his ass when his blip went from passive to skull to X as I hit the d-pad.

Hope it helps!
  • stonedpimpso likes this

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

I've been having trouble with all of my explosives since that double RP/$ for Capture mode week. When I put a sticky bomb on the back of an armored truck, the explosion happens off to the side of the truck sometimes. I've thrown several grenades directly at an opponent who is standing in cover on a corner and they do no damage to the person. Rockets going through the ground, etc.

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

if noone sees the vehicle(s) i think they despawn an  your sticky falls on the ground . so if  you left it an someone came back it probably resapawned an only the ground got blown up:p i dunno but that seems to happen when i sticky something an leave an noone else is around the vehicle i tried to blow up theres a 'boom' but theres no sound of the vehicle it self blowing up.

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

I've had an experiance lately that really angers me, I'm running after a mission where I have to kill someone, I drive up and throw a sticky and it bounces off, throw another sticky, bounce, sticky, bounce, sticky, bounce, over and over. I finally had to just pull out my AP Pistol and shoot the f*cker.

I went back and found every single sticky stuck to the ground, i detonated them just to see if they were actually there or just a stuck texture. They were still real.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:22 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 31 May 2014 - 02:23 PM.

This was the video I was referring to

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=-148uDbm2Fc

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

I've been having trouble with all of my explosives since that double RP/$ for Capture mode week. When I put a sticky bomb on the back of an armored truck, the explosion happens off to the side of the truck sometimes. I've thrown several grenades directly at an opponent who is standing in cover on a corner and they do no damage to the person. Rockets going through the ground, etc.

that sticky problem happened to everyone last patch but 1.13 fixed it for me.  however i havent played any capture modes since then, maybe thats the cause.  I was playing them last patch but they all kinda suck and arent worth the money so i dont play them anymore.

Anon

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

i threw 5 stickies onto my tank and drove around a bit, got out and ran 10 ft away, come back and hit left on dpad, nothing happens

:|

Also placed a few on a heli so I can kamikaze bounties, flew up on a guy and hit left on dpad, radio station changes

:|

This happened the last few days, also I'm not just throwing the bombs and possibly missing, I had actually placed them (placing animation) on the vehicles... game is just eating them up or something :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users