Quantcast

» «
Photo

Problem with Stickies in patch 1.12?

51 replies to this topic
Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

Just your Friendly neighborhood Lava Lamp.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:53 PM Edited by Friendly Lava Lamp, 10 April 2014 - 03:54 AM.

Not to sure if this is only my imagination or if there is something wrong with stickies with the new update.

I was playing earlier when I was trying to throw a sticky on a player with a bounty. He crashed and and rammed into him pinning him against the wall then proceeded to through a sticky. I backed up so I wouldn't be blown up along with him. When I pressed the button to blow him up nothing happened except the changing of the radio, which meant my sticky wasn't thrown even thought my count went for 25 to 24. Has anyone else have this happen to them? I thought I read somewhere recently that someone else said it. 

Edit: multiple players are reporting their stickies are dispersing seconds after they are thrown. I and many others can concur that this is what the case is. I will try and see if I can find what exactly makes this happen. Will report back with another update if something is found.

• Kelvin_00 likes this

Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

Ive encountered this same problem in a mission, just once so I didn't think to much about it till now =/

SPKxLonewolf117
  • SPKxLonewolf117

That one guy who you hate.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

might be lag.

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

perfect thread for the troubleshooting section

• Saturn 3 likes this

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

Ive encountered this same problem in a mission, just once so I didn't think to much about it till now =/

Same this only happened once and I didn't think much about it either. But I read something on the Rockstargames forums and it made me worried.

might be lag.

Definitely a possibility, I did freeze like 15 minutes later in that same lobby.

• Kelvin_00 likes this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

www.DamnedNation.net

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

I always throw two just in case one missed or something..

Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

Maybe 1 in 1000 sticky bombs disappears, so in the end they would sell more cash cards. And R* thought we didn't notice :cool:

• RowanSane likes this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:09 AM Edited by gpcguy1, 10 April 2014 - 12:11 AM.

Don't be cheap and learn to shoot unless they are in troll mobiles.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Salesman sorta giant

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

I have. I threw 3 on an ambulance and told someone to drive it to another group of players. I just saw a poof of smoke where i threw the stickies
how is it that when they fix problems, more just show up?

• Friendly Lava Lamp likes this

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

I threw one not even 3 seconds after I realized the sticky didn't go off, so I didn't have time to examine the car and see if the sticky did land or if it went straight through the map.

Maybe 1 in 1000 sticky bombs disappears, so in the end they would sell more cash cards. And R* thought we didn't notice :cool:

Hahaha those scumbags! Getting us where it counts, in our explosives!

Don't be cheap and learn to shoot.

I'm not sure if you have realized this, but its gta, there is no fair.

• Bourjois and Kelvin_00 like this

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu çocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

I think it's a common problem after the patch.Yesterday I threw 4 stickies and waited for someone to come,then pressed left on d-pad but nothing happened,what only changed was the radio station.Then I got out of my car and threw again a sticky and pressed left,it exploded and killed me.

• mrkush90, sid_vicious74 and Friendly Lava Lamp like this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

I threw one not even 3 seconds after I realized the sticky didn't go off, so I didn't have time to examine the car and see if the sticky did land or if it went straight through the map.

Hahaha those scumbags! Getting us where it counts, in our explosives!

Don't be cheap and learn to shoot.

I'm not sure if you have realized this, but its gta, there is no fair.
I never said anything about fair. Using sticky bombs just shows you are troll.

Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

Everybody who uses sticky bombs is a troll, nice logic. You win :cool:

• Saturn 3 and Friendly Lava Lamp like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

I often have stickies just fail to explode and instead I change the radio or something, which really pisses me off. 

Lately, last couple of weeks, I have been seeing more and more stuff spontaneously disappear in front of my eyes in freeroam, cars and NPCs and other objects, and things like the gang attack crates being empty sometimes.  I think it's the console processing or the online database in the session not being able to keep up when a lot of players (and probably tanks and Lazers) are in the session. 

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by crashhat69, 10 April 2014 - 12:27 AM.

this happened to me yesterday, i threw a stickie on the back of an armor truck, tried blowing it and nothing happened. i throw another just to find out there was no money in the truck  :rol:

• Friendly Lava Lamp likes this

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

I often have stickies just fail to explode and instead I change the radio or something, which really pisses me off. 

Lately, last couple of weeks, I have been seeing more and more stuff spontaneously disappear in front of my eyes in freeroam, cars and NPCs and other objects, and things like the gang attack crates being empty sometimes.  I think it's the console processing or the online database in the session not being able to keep up when a lot of players (and probably tanks and Lazers) are in the session. 

Well I do believe I've seen cars and npc's disappear right in front of my eyes. That is most likely as you said, the console just processing it. But explosives can take more control than a random car. Imagine them like a personal vehicle, you can cross the entire map and they will still stay there.

• Kelvin_00 likes this

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:30 AM Edited by GTA-Addicted, 10 April 2014 - 12:31 AM.

Same problem here, can throw 2/3 stickies out, and they will work

After that they just disappear into thin air :/

Edit: PS3 btw

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

Its due to lack of processor power. The more people and action in one place the less npcs and cars spawn. It's kinda cool in a way because when you get enough people together killing each other the damb cops quit spawning do is like a cop free lobby, on the downside there are no random cars spawning either but yours still gets impounded if you die leaving you on foot or forced to call another one and pay insurance.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

Perhaps it looked like you hit him, but you actually missed.

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

All hail Left Shark

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

Blame it on R*, everyone else goes that route. "I bet it's just a con to get you to buy cash cards"

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

Yesterday I killed a guy and stickied his car as usual.

When I saw him zooming around on the map I triggered the bomb and nothing happened, I didn't even hear the explosion.

I figured maybe his car was impounded or something but a few seconds later he drove by in the car i stickied.

This has never happened to me before.

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:15 AM

Perhaps it looked like you hit him, but you actually missed.

Even if I missed it would have blown up, we never left the area where i pinned him. My guess is like what other players have reported and the sticky just disappears. Hopefully its a server problem and it is solved very soon.

• Kelvin_00 likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

I haven't noticed that but I noticed the jet seems slightly nerfed.  There seems to be more turbulence and the cannons explosions have a smaller AoE.

epicsomeone
  • epicsomeone

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:30 AM

Yesterday I killed a guy and stickied his car as usual.

When I saw him zooming around on the map I triggered the bomb and nothing happened, I didn't even hear the explosion.

I figured maybe his car was impounded or something but a few seconds later he drove by in the car i stickied.

This has never happened to me before.

That, my friend is a tragedy.  I have noticed that as well - in the past I'd kill someone - sticky his car - then watch the radar waiting for him to get near other players (in battle or whatever) then explode the stick and - boom - multiple kills!  Doesn't seem to work anymore when you toss a sticky on a car - hopefully they'll fix this 'cause it sure was fun! :) 

• Saturn 3 likes this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

Having the same f*cking problem, you throw a sticky bomb on a car and after 8 seconds it disappears. I tested this 10 times, it just poofs.

• matajuegos01 and Friendly Lava Lamp like this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

www.DamnedNation.net

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:35 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 10 April 2014 - 03:35 AM.

Well well well lookie here you done got yourself a pinned thread.

Welcome to the elite club my friend

• DerpCat and Friendly Lava Lamp like this

mikkelhansen
  • mikkelhansen

Mojn då!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:11 AM Edited by mikkelhansen, 10 April 2014 - 07:34 AM.

I think I reported this as the first person back in the unpinned "NEW 1.12 UPDATE"-like thread (easy now - I'm not trying to take any credit) . Seawall added it to the pinned "OK what has 1.12 changed", stating that it was on purpose by Rockstar. I wrote in my original post that it could be deliberate by R*, although I don't really see the reason as to why. Seawall's statement that it was to avoid a player blowing up his on PV doesn't make sense - it can be destroyed in so many other ways, so why disabling it just on the gas tanks?

Friendly Lava Lamp
  • Friendly Lava Lamp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

I think I reported this as the first person back in the unpinned "NEW 1.12 UPDATE"-like thread (easy now - I'm not trying to take any credit) . Seawall added it to the pinned "OK what has 1.12 changed", stating that it was on purpose by Rockstar. I wrote in my original post that it could be deliberate by R*, although I don't really see the reason as to why. Seawall's statement that it was to avoid a player blowing up his on PV doesn't make sense - it can be destroyed in so many other ways, so why disabling it just on the gas tanks?

Well I apologize if you truly did say something first, it happened to me and I just made a thread. 

And that is pretty weird, what is the point of nerfing them at all? if anything they need to make them better,

mikkelhansen
  • mikkelhansen

Mojn då!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:31 AM

This appears to be a random (but often-seen) issue, some users can still throw sticky bombs at gas stations:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1065161185

DrunkenMunkey78
  • DrunkenMunkey78

3rd Street Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

In this video they threw over 30 sticky bombs on a tanker and they all disappeared later on.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users