Heists! The experience vs $$$$$

32 replies to this topic
havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Thug

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

It is a simple question with probably a complex answer where a lot of gamers will just answer"both".But deep down in your mind and heart if you search for the answer what will be more important for you when Heists DLC is released? The whole experience of playing the Heists missions in a team for 45min-1hour (as R* had stated that is how long it'd take to complete a heist), or it is a higher priority to you that those Heists missions a valuable investment of your time by giving out decent payoffs (say maybe $150-300k)? I know it is kind of a tough question, but most of us usually play the game for a core reason and it doesn't tend to change because of a new addition to a game. I honestly would say the $$$ payoff will always be more important to me than the fancy missions I'm going to play, especially after I have tried a mission once. 

ashtreylil
  • ashtreylil

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

experience, i could always grind RR for money. its ok if its only a 150-300k

• GrandTheftBatman and Grimase like this

Choppers
  • Choppers

[Strike Back]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Money isn't an issue, so I'd rather have a good experience. 

• Trololozilla, Miss Malevolent, Spade115 and 3 others like this

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Thug

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

experience, i could always grind RR for money. its ok if its only a 150-300k

well I'm saying 150-300k would be a decent payout but what if it was much less like 80k or something.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

The experience. 

Me and my crew members like to do "mini heists" that involve planning and everything.

We use my Serrano SUV to scope out the score (a gas station or convenience store), then on the way back to my apartment we discuss strategies and ways to escape. 

Then we plant my Friend's Weazel News Rumpo behind the store.

We all get dressed in Suits and Masks and then and go rob the store, end up getting a 5 star wanted level and lose the cops.

I'm looking forward to the Experience more, I don't care if they pay less then a Simeon Mission

• Jordan_LDN likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

For me its all about the experience, but it is important that the payouts are realistic and worthwhile.

I dont want to spend 50k preparing for a heist if I only make 20k. Heists should be significantly harder than other missions and give payout in the hundreds of thousands.

• theNGclan, theGTAking101, Miss Malevolent and 2 others like this

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

In game currency is changing gaming imo. Hear me out, Whenever my buddies and I play missions the gameplay can be great and fun times are abundant in GTAO but when the mission ends most of my buddies will base their "fun factor" on the digits shown in the reward section instead of basing their overall enjoyment on the gameplay they experienced seconds before the digits popped up. That's really strange to me.

Having said that, I know currency adds tons to the gameplay and hope R* choose to reward fairly for heists I just think it's odd to be so obsessed / impressed with completely imaginary assets.
My biggest hope is that the heists are somewhat open in terms of not restricting the players and providing ways to plan and easily execute the jobs as a team.

... oh yea, and no time limits! Only death can stop us. I hate sudden unexplainable endings.
  • Funkwalrus likes this

moostered
  • moostered

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Fun.

Areyousad
  • Areyousad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

This.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'm hoping for big payouts. I just want a way to fund my 4x4 buying and selling addiction without having to spend entire nights farming RR or worrying R* will send me to cheater pool for glitching cars, and no, I am not getting a cash card.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

For me its all about the experience, but it is important that the payouts are realistic and worthwhile.

I dont want to spend 50k preparing for a heist if I only make 20k. Heists should be significantly harder than other missions and give payout in the hundreds of thousands.

I cosign on these two posts.

godziller
  • godziller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

gimme da loot!

seriously...how different will the experience be from the rest of the game?

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

Excuse me, but where did R* state heist will take an hour?

• Trololozilla and SFBryan18 like this

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

Experience. I have enough money. I want to have fun doing heists.
  • stonedpimpso likes this

DeezyGaming
  • DeezyGaming

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Always play GTAO for the experience. Almost something new everyday happens.

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

I'd really like it if they made heists a tad realistic: if one person dies they get sent to free roam and don't get any of the payout. These are heists, they should really make them out to be something that you have to work/plan well for.

• saintsrow likes this

gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:17 PM Edited by gorskiegangsta, 09 April 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Exactly. Grinding RR for 1hr nets you ~280K (minus 5-10k in ammo costs). 45-60min heists should net each player 250-300K (minus 20-50K prep costs) in order to be 'fair'. The only difference being, more fun with less monotony. Hopefully.

I'd really like it if they made heists a tad realistic: if one person dies they get sent to free roam and don't get any of the payout. These are heists, they should really make them out to be something that you have to work/plan well for.

So, for coop missions (e.g. Rooftop Rumble), if you die, other coop teammates should receive your cut and you should get none?

AmbientZed
  • AmbientZed

Le Jetpack Du Fromage

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

R* never said it takes an hour to complete a heist... They never said anything at all about them to be quite frank. Now you shouldn't have to chose one over the other, as that's what a developer should focus on, making it mostly fun. I'd choose a proper experience, though i completely gave up on my excitement about them months ago as they keep getting delayed and at the end i wouldn't care if they sucked complete ass, it's to be expected.

Watch Tower
  • Watch Tower

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

All I want is something new to do.

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Thug

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

I remember reading it on the social club news segments when they had mentioned the Heist release in early spring last year, don't remember which news segment. 

that is a bad idea as it disadvantages the person that does all the work and not the person that sits back and lets everyone else finish the missions like in the normal missions.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

Honestly cash will be more important considering that a lot of people are 100+ be it legit or glitched. However, if it changed per level or if you had the option so say a lvl 40 does it they can chose to get more money or more RP (to unlock more guns ect...) but the higher levels 120+ get a larger amount of money but less RP.

Anyway, if heists don't pay well I think there will be a decent amount of rage (see what I did there? :D ) going about as well as RR

OTF_Crow
  • OTF_Crow

President of The Feared MC

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

f*ck the money payout i want them to be action packed 

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Sh*tdick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

The experience. 

Me and my crew members like to do "mini heists" that involve planning and everything.

We use my Serrano SUV to scope out the score (a gas station or convenience store), then on the way back to my apartment we discuss strategies and ways to escape. 

We all get dressed in Suits and Masks and then and go rob the store, end up getting a 5 star wanted level and lose the cops.

I'm looking forward to the Experience more, I don't care if they pay less then a Simeon Mission

So basically what achievement hunter did in a lets play monday

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

The experience. 

So basically what achievement hunter did in a lets play monday

Nah, I don't watch V YouTubers and we've been doing this since the end of October

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:46 AM Edited by skunkcore, 10 April 2014 - 12:52 AM.

So, for coop missions (e.g. Rooftop Rumble), if you die, other coop teammates should receive your cut and you should get none?

Exactly.

that is a bad idea as it disadvantages the person that does all the work and not the person that sits back and lets everyone else finish the missions like in the normal missions.

I'm pretty sure if you're standing around in a hest you'll end up dead. What would seperate hests from regular missions if there's no real risk vs. reward?

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

Considering that we've had to wait over seven months for heist, we better get both and they best not drag on over thirty minutes. 

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

The experience. I just hope they have the thrill and rush of the SP heists. 

The most important thing is that they actually implement STEALTH because I hate how an entire city gets alerted to me assassinating a lone person. ._.

Xily
  • Xily

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

I said a while back that the experience is far more valuable to me. I'm a millionaire with tons of fully upgraded vehicles, all weapons, all clothes, most pegasus vehicles, and a high-end apartment. If the heists are like ordinary contact missions, I would be very disappointed. The multiple property ownership is not as big of a deal as it was before. Now I'm only interested in buying a few more vehicles which I have the money for. It's all about new gameplay modes and additional jobs from here on out, otherwise, I won't be playing much online.

• stormy1 likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

I remember reading it on the social club news segments when they had mentioned the Heist release in early spring last year, don't remember which news segment.

Proof or didn't happen.

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

Proof or didn't happen.

No kidding, lol,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users