Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

HELL f*ckING YEAH! :O

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

PC Gamer thinks it's a zombie survival game. Not sure what to make of that. 

All I can say is there are a lot of survival games coming out lately and it's getting tiresome. 

Yeah, at the moment, I can't decide if it's going to be something more than just a zombie survival game, or it's just one of those rehashed themes. But the screens looks very good for sure.

I'm interested to see what it turns out to be. The screens look good, and SOE makes some pretty good games.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

ANOTHER Zombie game?

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

Gameplay Details

First Person or Third Person shooter

Zombie Survival

Night is dark and full of terrors

Player versus Player at it's core.

More than just zombies in the world

Base Building, Town building, Fortress creation

Can burn down things others build.

Lots of crafting. Probably the biggest thing about the game.

Vehicles are already in. Possibility of aircraft in the future.

Based off the United States.

If you die, you lose your gear

"No skills or levels".

"Thousands of players". I'm willing to bet this will be larger, playercount wise, than planetside 2.

Tech Details

PC first, PS4 later. "Well, we are Sony" when asked about the PS4 version.

"If you can run Planetside 2, you can run H1Z1 better".

"Orders of magnitude larger than Planetside 2".

Based of Planetside 2. Shares no tech with Everquest Next (so no Voxels).

Built in voice chat options.

Monetization Details

Free to play

Part of the All-Access subscription that SOE is launching this month. $15/mo for premium sub in all SOE games.

"you seriously don't need to spend a dime. We're still figuring out the monetization but we will telegraph our plans early and let people comment and we'll listen if they don't like something and come to a place where people feel good about it." -Smed

This sounds very good.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:53 PM Edited by iNero, 10 April 2014 - 09:53 PM.

Since a lot of info are missing here, I C&P from my thread:

As promised, Sony Online Entertainment has detailed its upcoming zombie MMO, H1Z1. Set fifteen years after a deadly virus outbreak, the free-to-play online game will take place in SOE's vision of America--starting with an "anywhere" town in Middle America. From there, the game will expand across cities and desolate places. "Our focus is building a sandbox style of gameplay where players can build shelters out of resources in the world. They can even work together to make amazing fortresses complete with weaponry to help defend against both the Infected and other players," SOE president John Smedley said.

Of course, there are tons of zombies games, and Smedley addresses how SOE's game will stand out from the pack. "First off, it's a persistent MMO that can hold thousands of players on servers we host," he said in a public letter on Reddit. That means there will be multiple servers with "very different rule sets." It means that there will be an economy with trading between players. Like EverQuest Next, players will be able to make lasting impressions in the game world with their actions.

Ultimately, SOE wants to enable player agency. "We want you to be able to form roving gangs that are headquartered out of an abandoned warehouse that you've taken over... or a house you've built from scratch after having cut trees down and secured the resources to make it. We are giving players the tools to make their own towns, camps and defenses, and they can decide how to set up their base," Smedley said. "One of the best things about H1Z1 being an MMO is the fact that with a lot of people playing, we're able to see all different kinds of gameplay. If you prefer a quiet life as a farmer raising crops... we're going to make sure your zombie apocalypse fantasy is complete. If you're like me and you want nothing more than to kill everything that moves, by all means see how that goes. It's going to be a blast!"

Like SOE's recent games, H1Z1 will use their ForgeLight engine. Taking a page from PlanetSide 2, SOE promises to offer their Roadmap to the community. And like Landmark, Player Studio will be integrated so that players can create items that make their way into the game.

http://www.shacknews...infected-worlds

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:08 AM

So it will not be Pay to Win apparently. That's good but it still makes me wonder how SOE intends on collecting sufficient revenue from it. Only so many microtransactions can be implemented until it becomes P2W

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

They'll use that patent Sony has that makes you watch an ad before you play a game. :p
  • gtamann123 likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by iNero, 11 April 2014 - 08:56 PM.

Awesome!

https://www.h1z1.com

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

I'm excited. An open world Zombie RPG would be awesome. I just hope that there is a single player option and it's not online only

Ever heard of State of Decay? 

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 11 April 2014 - 09:14 PM.

Looks awesome, going to watch the gameplay.

The "crafting" element sounds nice. Hopefully we can set up our own walls rather than having a menu saying "40 wood to build this".

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

I'm excited. An open world Zombie RPG would be awesome. I just hope that there is a single player option and it's not online only

Ever heard of State of Decay? 

I never heard of that! Thanks for pointing that out to me

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

Oh man, now I'm hyped for this game! It's just getting better and better for Sony. The info sounds very fun to read and already makes the game sound unique.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

There was one new screen hidden in the website

H1Z1_exclusive_01_mb.jpg

• FranklinDeRoosevelt likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 13 April 2014 - 05:47 PM.

Saw some gameplay of it. Reminds me a little of 7 Days To Die with a hint of Rust.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 13 April 2014 - 09:51 PM.

^

Link? When did they show gameplay for this game?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

Cant see that much though

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:40 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 13 April 2014 - 11:46 PM.

It looks really good already though. I am a bit surprised especially the fact that night time can become very scary like they said. But yeah, there wasn't too much to see. The crafting thing is awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on this.

The main guy also stated the zombies are not the typical AI doing one thing. They can think themselves. So it's not repetitive.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Doesnt look that good to me. Way too arcady, like State of Decay. 

Anyways, they want to stream gameplay tomorrow

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

It looks really good already though. I am a bit surprised especially the fact that night time can become very scary like they said. But yeah, there wasn't too much to see. The crafting thing is awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on this.

The main guy also stated the zombies are not the typical AI doing one thing. They can think themselves. So it's not repetitive.

So they say, but this is SOE we're talking about here.

After the latest things they've done to Planetside 2, I'm not excited for this at all.

I'm going to remain a skeptic a year or two after this releases. 

Who knows...it just might get really popular since it will be F2P, but then again look at DayZ and Rust. 

If they will allow PvP (which I'm sure they will), it's gonna be a sh*tfest no doubt.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

PVP is essential in such games and obviously confirmed in the the interviews.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Even though it's F2P, it doesn't mean it will be pay to win, that's actually separate and up to them. If it does happen, then not good. And PVP IMO doesn't suit these games, this is a survival game. No idea why PVP would be in this game.

But I think consoles need these types of games, if it's done right like I said.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:00 PM Edited by iNero, 14 April 2014 - 03:00 PM.

Even though it's F2P, it doesn't mean it will be pay to win, that's actually separate and up to them. If it does happen, then not good. And PVP IMO doesn't suit these games, this is a survival game. No idea why PVP would be in this game.

Thats what this whole genre is about. Surviors with or agains survivors, Thats why these games are  MMOs and not SP games...

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:06 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 14 April 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Yes I get that, but PVP means player vs player which is a contradiction, if anything, people are supposed to work together mostly and fight off zombies, not fight each other literally throughout the whole game. It should still be open though, considering there will still be a fair amount of people fighting for themselves only and will kill others for their own benefit. But it shouldn't mean PVP has to be necessary in the game. That's exactly how DayZ and all those games work, they don't have PVP but there are a few people who will try and take you out. I'm basically saying they shouldn't complicate things, we should expect all this stuff to happen in one server not a PVP mode which kids will infest more than the zombies.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:13 PM Edited by iNero, 14 April 2014 - 03:13 PM.

In DayZ almost every Players tries to kill you. Same in Rust.

Without that, the game would be boring.

Fighting AI only is boring

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Lol, I am not saying you have to fight the AI only every time, but fighting other people very frequently will turn into a fps shooter. This is why DayZ standalone right now is very empty. People are just hiding from other people, looking for chances to kill them quietly. Actually, thinking about a PVP mode, maybe it is better for those people who want to ignore the zombies. Not necessarily a bad thing though I guess.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Nope I don't mean P2W. SOE's latest patches to Planetside 2 makes it full of ads to become a member to the game and also sales going on.

Go to the forums or Reddit and see the amount complains it has gotten. That's why I'm not excited for this.

And I think this game will end up like DayZ and Rust. Kill on sight kind of thing. And it's gonna be F2P as well?

Yeah no thanks lmao. I'll just stick to DayZ.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. This should be a proper survival game not a fps shooter.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Livestream starts in 45 minutes

http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Cool. Can't wait to see what the action!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

Im still uploadind part 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users