Photo

Mass Stabbing at Pennsylvania High School - 4/9/14

100 replies to this topic
PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by Voodoo, 09 April 2014 - 02:51 PM.

http://www.foxnews.c...ylvania-school/
http://www.thestar.c...ns_injured.html
http://news.yahoo.co...-142639596.html

Washington (AFP) - An American student stabbed or slashed 20 teenagers and an adult in a bloody 30-minute rampage in the classrooms and hallways of a Pittsburgh high school on Wednesday, officials said.

Several had life threatening injuries, Chris Kaufmann, the trauma medical director at Forbes Regional Hospital, told CNN.

The attack at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, a suburb of Pittsburgh, began at 7:13 am (1213 GMT) as students began arriving for what should have been a routine day.

The assault was over by 7:45 am with the suspect taken into custody almost immediately, Dan Stevens, a spokesman for Westmoreland County emergency management, told AFP.

Stevens identified the suspect as a male student.

Stevens said he was cornered by police officers who rushed to the scene. His age and identity were not immediately released.

"Twenty students were injured, four of those students were flown from the scene," Stevens told AFP.

He said the victims are aged 14 to 17. They were attacked in "numerous classrooms and hallways" of the school, Stevens added.

The school has since been evacuated.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

As many as 20 students have been injured in a mass stabbing at a high school in the US state of Pennsylvania, authorities have said.

One suspect believed to be a student is in custody at Franklin Regional High School in a suburb of Pittsburgh, a local affiliate of ABC News reports.

The wounded, at least four with significant injuries, range in age from 14-17 and have been taken to hospital.

The school was locked down as police searched the premises.

'Frantic'
"A critical incident has occurred at the high school. All elementary schools are cancelled, the middle school and high school students are secure," school officials wrote in a bulletin following the incident on Wednesday morning.

Four students are seriously injured, while other students were said to have suffered scrapes and cuts in the mayhem that ensued following the attack, emergency management spokesman Dan Stevens told US media.

Emergency responders gathered in the parking lot of Franklin Regional High School near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on 9 April 2014  
Emergency responders converged on Franklin Regional High School following reports of a mass stabbing on Wednesday
None of the knife injuries, said to be slashes, were believed to be life-threatening, Mr Stevens added.

Several people - including one adult - were flown to local hospitals with superficial to quite serious injuries, the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reported.

Television images of the scene showed students standing in groups outside the school with ambulances nearby.

A parent of a student told CBS television his "frantic" daughter called him to say a friend of hers had been stabbed at the school in Murrysville.

"I would never expect this to happen," he said, adding that he had believed the community to be safe.

The suspect, a male student, has been taken into custody for questioning.

Original article from the BBC, other links included below.

Just going to add, please don't turn this into a gun control debate.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

I'm going to merge these.

• Vlynor likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:08 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 09 April 2014 - 03:09 PM.

What's wrong with these people? The guy's not dead this time, so I can't think of a good motive.
  • gtamann123 likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

Right, because nobody thought to bring a gun, 'cause, guns ain't allowed in a school zone. :^:

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Charger™

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

Clear example of how driveling bullying can be. The kid seems to be really crazy. I wonder how dangerous this could have been. Clearly the kid needs to be sent to asylum.
  • Los Santos Police Department likes this

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Right, because nobody thought to bring a gun, 'cause, guns ain't allowed in a school zone. :^:

2846215a7628fbeea1a2e14ba946048c.jpeg

I'm pro-gun, but I also don't want to hear people using this as a stepping stone for their arguments.

"Oh, well, see, knives can kill people too, ban them! Nyeh!"

Not really an appropriate time for either side.

• Daz likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

I thought it was already established that knife attacks weren't of any importance. Because people don't get seriously injured by a knife, unlike guns.
And, it is unlikely to do damage to more than one person at a time. ;)

The carry of an edged weapon is regulated in some areas.
My city by ordinance requires a permit to carry if the 'edged' portion of the blade is more than two and a half inches. But, nobody cares until an arrest is made.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

death penalty is the only way for this chap.

011_lee-miller_theredlist.jpg

• gtamann123, Murray Bunyan and BOSS 302 like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Well at least it's more creative than bringing a gun to school. Gun sprees are too mainstreem. And this kid knew that. He's a trend-setter. A visionary.

• Los Santos Police Department and D4 Damager like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Here is a better solution.

Ban schools.

:^:

• Tyler, Mr Scratch, Adler and 2 others like this

phunkism
  • phunkism

I'm a grill btw

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Nuke USA.
  • ten-a-penny and Los Santos Police Department like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

Nuke USA.

If I was a man of faith I'd be praying that you stop saying the dumbest things all the time. But alas, we live in a real world. There's no place for such fantasies here.

• Moth, The Leviathan and GunWrath like this

Manfred Von Karma
  • Manfred Von Karma

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by Manfred Von Karma, 09 April 2014 - 05:11 PM.

When someone is running towards you with a knife

Spoiler

Just kick him in the balls , that should do it
Spoiler

How hard can that be ?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 09 April 2014 - 05:25 PM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

How hard can that be ?

what if they came from behind and you don't see them? or when they were hiding the knife?

only idiots will run into you with a knife exposed and screaming AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ILL KILL U!!!!!!!!11111

• Los Santos Police Department likes this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

The next person to make a worthless post making light of this situation is going to be banned for as many days as I have knives. Please post on the topic or don't bother posting.

• Oddsock, Tyler, sivispacem and 4 others like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Lets hope everybody makes a full recovery and the perp gets the mental health care he should've gotten al along. This goes to show that solid accessible mental health care in places like schools, military basis and other "high risk" environments is really something that is necessary. Not only to pick up on red flags and prevent shocking cases like this, but also to prevent the less publicized suicides and such that are rule rather than exception.

• Melchior and xVampire Fangx like this

Manfred Von Karma
  • Manfred Von Karma

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

How hard can that be ?

what if they came from behind and you don't see them? or when they were hiding the knife?

only idiots will run into you with a knife exposed and screaming AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ILL KILL U!!!!!!!!11111

i don't think that he was sneaking behind people , he went on rampage , situations like these can be easily controlled especially when the assaulter is a little skinny depressed white boy

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:28 PM Edited by The Yokel, 09 April 2014 - 06:34 PM.

Lets hope everybody makes a full recovery and the perp gets the mental health care he should've gotten al along. This goes to show that solid accessible mental health care in places like schools, military basis and other "high risk" environments is really something that is necessary. Not only to pick up on red flags and prevent shocking cases like this, but also to prevent the less publicized suicides and such that are rule rather than exception.

That's probably not a good idea, knowing how completely twisted capitalism has become in the US. Any kind of mental health reform would probably boil down to just drug prescriptions for everybody. They already have gun industry lobby going around trying to convince everybody that they need more guns to feel safer. They even go as far as suggesting that schools should hire armed guards or that teachers should carry firearms. It's not that hard to predict what would the outcome of mental health focus do to this already fragile society of weaklings. A bunch of kids on pills is not a solution. It may dull the symptoms but it won't cure the disease.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by gtamann123, 09 April 2014 - 06:49 PM.

What a nut. People like him certainly are the sh*t smears of society. I hope all of his victims that survive heal quick and the perpetrator gets the justice he deserves. And RIP to those that dont make it

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Mental Health Care in the U.S. means torturing the patient until (s)he decides to perform in a manner accepted by the perverted Doctors managing it.

The administration of drugs to 'dummy down' a person (especially over active children) also works. Chemical or mechanical lobotomy always works as a permanent effective end for deviant acts.

So, there is No cure, no way to prevent acts like these, unless we lock up all the potential actors.

There are no tests for "Chemical Imbalance in the Brain", probably because there is no such thing, but it is fun to think there is.

Spree killing with Guns.

Spree killing with Knifes.

Spree killing with crow bars?

Spree killing with broken bottles?

Spree killing with battery acid?

Take away one and the Deviant will just find something else.

Have we forgotten:

http://en.wikipedia....ina_(2010–12)

China WINS! http://www.bbc.com/n...-china-26402367

• gtamann123 likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Ban schools.

:^:

I'm fine with that.

Nuke USA.

I'm not fine with that.

Hope everyone makes a full recovery, such a shame.

• ten-a-penny likes this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

lets argue about guns again.

guns don't kill people.

people kill people!

but guns make it a f*ck of a lot easier to do the killing.

less guns, less death.

debate.

user was temped for 13 knife days

• Melchior likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

A real, talking rabbit!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Lets just hope everyone makes a recovery and that he didn't stab anyone with HIV/AIDS during the process.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

but guns make it a f*ck of a lot easier to do the killing.
less guns, less death.

http://www.nytimes.c...china.html?_r=0

Knives are better. Silent = takes time for the reality to sink in. No reload = infinite stabbing. Ban high-capacity knives and knife suppressors pls. :^:
  • gtamann123 likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

do I really have that much power over you?

get a life :rol:

That's pretty ironic there buddy, because I'm willing to bet that a sad sack of sh*t like you has never touched a woman in his life.

Keep your petty personal gripes out of here and take it to PM. No more.

• Punisher. likes this

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:16 PM Edited by Mr Scratch, 09 April 2014 - 08:18 PM.

How the hell did he stab so many people, didn't anyone have the common courtesy to shoot him in the kneecaps after the first two people?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:26 PM Edited by universetwisters, 09 April 2014 - 08:29 PM.

Out of curiosity, why don't they release the suspect's name? I mean, the kid tried to kill 20 people. I doubt privacy's going to be much of an issue.

EDIT: Disregard that. I did a wikipedia search and I found the name of Alex Hribal. An article gives his picture.

BkzVIJNCAAA_bF-.jpg

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:26 PM Edited by The Leviathan, 10 April 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Just goes to show that guns are not the problem.

EDIT: My solution is that every person in the world has to take shock therapy while being forced to watch The Cosby Show. Maybe then these assholes will value human life.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

How the hell did he stab so many people, didn't anyone have the common courtesy to shoot him in the kneecaps after the first two people?

Because the knife he used was this one

3ihBmCX.png

And obviously they don't have guns at schools.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users