Photo

How To Dethrone That Obnoxious Kid

89 replies to this topic
Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:07 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 10 April 2014 - 02:09 AM.

OP I try to get 10-15 death matches in the timeframe that I play. I probably could've played as many as 25 matches in that same time frame if there was a mute function. There are quiet lobbies you just have to search for them. As soon as I enter the lobby if I see microphone icons flickering from chatter, that's an instant exit for me. I'm not the type you would want on a microphone, and I'm glad I don't use one, because I don't have the temperament  nor the patience for most of them. They feel because they have the anonymity of the internet, they are free to spew whatever bullsh*t they want at you, without repercussions. I'm genuinely a nice person, but allot of those people would bring the ugly out of the most timid person.

• fw3, Dtoxz and MilosSarcev like this

El Tigre
  • El Tigre

Bang Bang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:11 AM

You can mute players in the lobby before the job starts.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

I actually got something worse than a squeaker the other day. I was in a race lobby and I got this static squealing noise start as soon as this player with a mic joined. IT was coming through my television rather than the head set. The noise was about 4 times louder than my television was up and i think it might have woke up my next door neighbor. I quit within a few seconds and most of the other players had also already left. I don't have a clue how they got their annoying noise to be so loud.  It was completely unplayable. 

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 10 April 2014 - 02:18 AM.

@El Tigre

I've never seen the option, and as a friend of mine who posted here mentioned, it probably is bugged. I would love for it to be an option in the main menu pause screen, without  even having to mute every single player one by one in the job lobby

@ JollySwagMan

I've heard it before myself, the only thing worse than that, are the ones with the voice changers. When you have eight people sound like they've been sucking on helium all day long.

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

I dont get that many squeakers it's rare I get anyone speaking when in a public session or public lobby. My Mic setting is still set to everyone. There may be some timezone thing though. Because I play normally after 9pm so maybe they're all asleep.

But the ones I do find I want to slap them halfway to Sunday. Annoying Alvin and the Chipmunk motherf*ckers.

atomsteele
  • atomsteele

The Dude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:15 AM Edited by atomsteele, 10 April 2014 - 04:30 AM.

Go complete Pedobear on them :D Make them question your sanity and predator status.

Also...we need more heros like this guy. Hoist a pint to him.

http://www.dailymail...ids-prison.html

My hero :)

Dtoxz
  • Dtoxz

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Go complete Pedobear on them :D Make them question your sanity and predator status.

Also...we need more heros like this guy. Hoist a pint to him.

http://www.dailymail...ids-prison.html

My hero :)

He shoulda killed the little basta--...uh I mean, GOOD FOR HIM! Lol just kidding, but that article was crazy. I could see it happening every time I jump into a lobby. There is always 1 kid that is pissing SOMEONE off and getting backlash for it. I don't let people ruin my experience. I'll never let some kid I don't know, whos parents let an 18+ game babysit them, ruin an experience of mine....ESPECIALLY one that I paid for! f*ck it, not even that, I'll never let some punk ass ruin GTA for me! If mom & dad wanna make xbox the babysitter, that is their problem throughout life when the kid grows up to be a douche that nobody wants to chill with because he never learned how to properly associate and interact with real people. It's only my problem till I find the mute option or the exit sign.

**Don't let anyone ELSE ruin YOUR experience. It's not their experience, therefore shouldn't be their decision**

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

Lately, even though my Chat option is set to "no one," I'm getting the treat of hearing little kids acting like thug royalty, especially in Deathmatches and Racing. 

As you've likely experienced, they just go on and on and on, chattering about nothing, throwing out the worst-of-the-worst words you could imagine a young person saying. 

And when an idiot like me makes an effort to sincerely and thoughtfully engage them, they want no part of it, insulting and berating anyone - or just making bizarro noises, stressing out the entire group.

I don't want to have to quit a race that I waited ten minutes to find, nor do I want to turn the volume down on my tv, because i still want to hear the music, other players - once in a while during a good run with good people, and I don't wish to do invite-only racing. I host, but rarely do people join.

So, any suggestions on how you might handle these obnoxious little turds? The last kid I encountered was 10 yo and apparently has been with more women (not what he called them) than anyone on "GTA'ER'ONLINED."

Just curious how others deal with it, besides just ignore:

05af353093f23d841f06dbb068fd27170ddd6a2e

If I'm insanely bored --which has been the case as of late---then I spawn camp them until they quit the server.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

give them a taste of their own medicine until they move to easier prey

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

I don't hear these small infants. When I play I always have headset disconnected, chat option set to "No One" and chat audio is set through headset. Therefore I never hear anyone, and they know it and many try to invite me to Xbox Live party, but I always deny the invite.

Anyone complaining about idiots and non-stop chatter need to follow this guys's lead.

I have the same settings and NEVER hear anyone online. I'm sure sometimes it woulda been funny to hear people get mad when I've wasted them over and over...but alot of people are in parties anyway, so who knows if I woulda heard anything anyway.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:43 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 12 April 2014 - 12:44 AM.

Xbox is one thing, PS3 doesn't have a universal mute function for online chatter. I can mute out the FR lobbies via the mini menu, and set the chat settings to no-one. But the DM and racing lobbies, the function doesn't exist, some have seen it, but I've yet to be so lucky.

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

I blame over consumption of sugar, combined with lack of spankings. Parents are afraid of their kids now

when I was a kid bullies kept the weak ones in check

• ten-a-penny and Eddie_INTV like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

I blame over consumption of sugar, combined with lack of spankings. Parents are afraid of their kids now

Except nowadays, the weak ones go full-on rampage... in real life... bullies or not! gulp! 

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

Except nowadays, the weak ones go full-on rampage... in real life... bullies or not! gulp! 

good thing a real AR would dislocate a squeakers arm. Plus no auto aim 

b2a35713cc598221a1fdf16643a90fc828c82d4f

• ten-a-penny and PG. like this

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

Lately, even though my Chat option is set to "no one," I'm getting the treat of hearing little kids acting like thug royalty, especially in Deathmatches and Racing. 

As you've likely experienced, they just go on and on and on, chattering about nothing, throwing out the worst-of-the-worst words you could imagine a young person saying. 

And when an idiot like me makes an effort to sincerely and thoughtfully engage them, they want no part of it, insulting and berating anyone - or just making bizarro noises, stressing out the entire group.

I don't want to have to quit a race that I waited ten minutes to find, nor do I want to turn the volume down on my tv, because i still want to hear the music, other players - once in a while during a good run with good people, and I don't wish to do invite-only racing. I host, but rarely do people join.

So, any suggestions on how you might handle these obnoxious little turds? The last kid I encountered was 10 yo and apparently has been with more women (not what he called them) than anyone on "GTA'ER'ONLINED."

Just curious how others deal with it, besides just ignore:

05af353093f23d841f06dbb068fd27170ddd6a2e

here is how i deal with it on ps3.

i plug in my mic, mute it, and hang it up. when there is someone who wants to talk who has enough sense to ask me if i have a mic, i put it on and switch it to "friends only" after adding them.

if they are squeaker ( i dont give 2 sh*ts how mature one says they are, if they squeak, i ignore them) i proceed to delete them, mute my mic again, and hang it up.

OR i just set my chat thing for friends only and just hover on the mic.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:55 AM Edited by Sky_Light12, 12 April 2014 - 09:01 AM.

XBOX360 squeaker ( the worst ) :

PS3 squeaker ( second worst , muted & noobest ) :

Have fun Trolling , everyone !

my trails followed by sorrow , destruction , flames , explosion , blood , insanity , chaos & death

• ten-a-penny, fw3 and I3AZZAI2 like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

what happened to parenting? my dad almost killed me for doing something horribly wrong when I was a kid. nowadays parents are scared from their own children. like what the hell had happened?

OT: at least I never ran into these pussies Online. if I did, I just spawn-kill the f*ck out of them till they leave.

• Eddie_INTV and TheMckeever like this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 12 April 2014 - 01:06 PM.

Sometimes you can mute them on the hosting screen, then sometimes you can't. It's annoying but I always tell everyone else to be quiet to help single their mic out then kick em on the hosting screen. On freemode just go to players tab then mute. But so annoying during races thou

what happened to parenting? my dad almost killed me for doing something horribly wrong when I was a kid. nowadays parents are scared from their own children. like what the hell had happened?

OT: at least I never ran into these pussies Online. if I did, I just spawn-kill the f*ck out of them till they leave.

I got my ass whooped every time from my parents when I was being a little sh*t. Now I suffer with respect for others.

Never encounter any kids in Free-Aim. It's a sanctuary

• slowburn29 likes this

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

I don't want to have to quit a race that I waited ten minutes to find, nor do I want to turn the volume down on my tv, because i still want to hear the music, other players - once in a while during a good run with good people, and I don't wish to do invite-only racing. I host, but rarely do people join

This is why i am so thankful i bought the PS3 Sony Headset it has a feature where i can turn the mics off completely and still hear the sounds of he game.

Best $100.00 I've ever spent that has to do with gaming besides my PS3

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by malcolmfunktion, 12 April 2014 - 01:17 PM.

I seriously hate this sh*t, I really really do...I actually try and follow them...If they go to more races I follow and ram them (I'm usuallyba clean racer), if they go to free roam, even better - bounty, mercenaries, muggers and griefing.

Turn their obnoxious voice into sweet music when they are genuinely raging at you. :)

Ahh, I could listen to the rage no problems.
  • fw3 likes this

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Have you tried simply not caring? Kids play games too, I was playing games at age 9 on my PS1, and if Spyro and Crash Bandicoot had been online, that would have most definitely been me. Kids think they're cool, and in their own circles they probably are. But I got very tired very quickly of getting annoyed at kids playing games rated above their age. I've seen kids in 'GAME' convince their parents to buy them GTA/COD etc by simply baffling them with numbers and the word 'fun'. They will always be here and their reaction time will always be faster than over 18 year olds. Thats a fact of life. Online gaming truly is a remarkable platform for equality.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Have you tried simply not caring? Kids play games too, I was playing games at age 9 on my PS1, and if Spyro and Crash Bandicoot had been online, that would have most definitely been me. Kids think they're cool, and in their own circles they probably are. But I got very tired very quickly of getting annoyed at kids playing games rated above their age. I've seen kids in 'GAME' convince their parents to buy them GTA/COD etc by simply baffling them with numbers and the word 'fun'. They will always be here and their reaction time will always be faster than over 18 year olds. Thats a fact of life. Online gaming truly is a remarkable platform for equality.

i don't care about kids , because their Loud voice make sessions too noisy

Squeakers don't know bout the session is full of trolls / anti-squeakers

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Spawn kill the living sh*t out of them.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Spawn kill the living sh*t out of them.

Ninja'd.

wait. who Ninja'd who? :blink:

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

guy tortured a nigga and forced him sings justin bieber's music :

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

guy tortured a nigga and forced him sings justin bieber's music :

The music is funny. The two guy's banter is funny. The blowing up of the two guys is funny. Them singing is funny. The 42-year old creep in the tank thinking he's some kind of demigod is just pathetic. <sigh>

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

XBOX360 squeaker ( the worst ) :

PS3 squeaker ( second worst , muted & noobest ) :

Have fun Trolling , everyone !

my trails followed by sorrow , destruction , flames , explosion , blood , insanity , chaos & death

Most entertaining videos I've seen ever in the history of ever. 

There should be a class in this and every forum member should take it, with these videos being the instruction videos.

Awesome!!!

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

Just play by yourself alone in a private server. That's really fun to do. It's CODs fault.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Just play by yourself alone in a private server. That's really fun to do. It's CODs fault.

we shouldn't be forced to play alone just because of two brainless parents who want their children to be in gangs after playing this game.

really. GTA isn't for this generation of kids. nowadays children gets affected by the smallest thing. GTA and this stuff is a part of it.

even if you want your PS3 or your Goddamn Xbox to do the whole babysitting, then give them Barby or something. that'll do it. not GTA which only 17+ or 18+ peeps can play it.

• fw3 and Eddie_INTV like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Ha ha!!!! That xbox kid was hilarious!!! More videos like this lol
  • I3AZZAI2 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users