How To Dethrone That Obnoxious Kid

89 replies to this topic
DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Pretend that you're the kid's father and constantly apologize to the other players for his behavior.

"I didn't raise him this way - his mother dresses him like a girl and it's warped his mind."

"I knew I'd regret giving him an Xbox for Christmas, but he swore he'd only play Kinectimals and Lollpop Chainsaw."

I might have to try this.

"Sorry guys. His therapist thinks if he can release some aggression in a safe environment before bedtime it might help with his chronic bedwetting."

• Toke, GroundZero, fw3 and 8 others like this

Reconified
  • Reconified

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

I never have the sound on, I usually play music.

• fw3 likes this

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

Soon as I hear a kid in a server I find them so that I can hear them scream as I kill them over and over again

• NFSSHADOW and fw3 like this

Kowai7108
  • Kowai7108

Never shoot at a gun on the floor,it might shoot back.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Here's what i would do:
Deathmatch:Kill them repeatedly
Race:Find him,pit him
Free roam:Tank spanking
  • ten-a-penny and fw3 like this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Pause game > players > gamertag/psn > Mute

Simple.

One feature half of this forum don't know about.

Which you cant do during waiting for a race lobby to start

• fw3 likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Oh my god, this just reminded about the 14 year old girl who joined our crew party chat one time.

We asked her if she was in the crew and she said yes, but after a while it was pretty obvious that she wasn't. She eventually admitted that she didn't even own GTA.

After that she started asking if any of the guys in the crew were single and telling us that she had Blackberry Messenger.

I haven't laughed as hard at anything since that night.
  • Dementious and fw3 like this

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Take headphones off head.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

Report for hate speech. End of sh*tty kid. One of my son's school friends is also in the friend list on my ps3. I kept reporting him for hate speech. He stupidly asked his mom what hate speech was. Now he can't play anything online. 

• saintsrow, ten-a-penny, Dementious and 2 others like this

LilBtheBASEDGOD
  • LilBtheBASEDGOD

Very Based

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Last time me and my friends ran into kids like this, we went into passive and started acting like a news team and followed him around and reported everything he was doing. Be it driving a car, or shooting someone. He freaked out bad, told us to shut up, muted us, and left the game.

• fw3 and backward_axis like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Worse for me I have surround sound and I hear is "mom I'm playing I will do my homework later" lol
  • teh_g and fw3 like this

Robaldinio
  • Robaldinio

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to launch day.

If you ever experience the luxury of actual radio silence, don't buzz any doorbells.

ashtreylil
  • ashtreylil

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

report them for annoying mic

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

Learn how to operate your console properly.

Muting players or turning down the volume of all players is extremely easy, an idiot could do it.

• JordanV likes this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Report for hate speech. End of sh*tty kid. One of my son's school friends is also in the friend list on my ps3. I kept reporting him for hate speech. He stupidly asked his mom what hate speech was. Now he can't play anything online. 

Well that is simply fantastic. Some actual parenting.

Soulrise
  • Soulrise

Original Guerrilla

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

When the "View Player's Info" menu doesn't give me the mute option I just grit my teeth, put up with their obnoxiousness, and pray that they spawn next to me when we go back to Freemode. That is the only time I ever kill anyone I come out of a mission or competitive match with and I will not stop until they leave the lobby or go into Passive. Not an ideal solution, but I've met too many cool players through having my mic on to just give up on voice chat with ALL players. It comes down to weighing the good vs. bad.  For me, my online experience has been made much better meeting cool players who play cooperatively, intelligently, and have interesting or funny comments on the mic. The price to be paid for that is having to listen to the obnoxious assholes and little kids who I can hopefully grief in Freemode (and it is SO gratifying when I can lol).

• ten-a-penny, fw3 and Eddie_INTV like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

lol can anyone in this thread even actually read?  jw.

Just curious how others deal with it, besides just ignore:

I think people have to be GTAF rank 100 before they can actually read, and most forum members are still around rank 5.  :p

I think this kind of reading comprehension is why SAT scores have been trending downward for the past 15 years.  :bored:

• Dementious likes this

godziller
  • godziller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

They're kids man...they're probably full of all sorts of insecurities and going through the normal stresses of growing up...of course they're going to be obnoxious...I just keep that in mind and cut them some slack...and kill them over and over and over again :)
  • fw3 likes this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:55 PM Edited by Lagful, 09 April 2014 - 07:56 PM.

Threaten to kill them in the most demented way you can imagine and tell them in great detail. To then scare the ever living sh*t out of them you can find out and tell them their personal information like their names or where they live with certain programs like Cain and Abel.

• fw3 and u53rn4m3 like this

backward_axis
  • backward_axis

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

I would usually just remind them of how cool they are and run with everything they said.

Example:

Them-"F#©k you, n***a. I f*©ked yo mom!"
Me- "Really? That's great. Are you gonna be my new dad?"
Them- "I'm your dad alright, b!tch!"
Me- "Yay! Dad, you're awesome. It's nice that we enjoy the same video games."

Or if you think they're early to mid teens you can always just continuously remind them that Santa Claus isn't real.
  • fw3 likes this

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Pretend that you're the kid's father and constantly apologize to the other players for his behavior.

"I didn't raise him this way - his mother dresses him like a girl and it's warped his mind."

"I knew I'd regret giving him an Xbox for Christmas, but he swore he'd only play Kinectimals and Lollpop Chainsaw."

Also, insist his name is David, Mike, or Bartholomew. When they deny it, just insist you know wth their name is, because you gave it to them.

Then resume apologizing to the other players.
  • fw3 likes this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Now with free shipping!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

I look forward to seeing these kind of kids so I can argue with them. Whenever I bring up a legit point one of them will always say "ur mom is a fa**ot!" Or something like that, And the rest of them will just be like, "yah, what he said! Haha loser!" Sheep.
  • fw3 likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

BUFFALOVE

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Last time me and my friends ran into kids like this, we went into passive and started acting like a news team and followed him around and reported everything he was doing. Be it driving a car, or shooting someone. He freaked out bad, told us to shut up, muted us, and left the game.

Well. F*cking. Played.

giphy.gif

Dtoxz
  • Dtoxz

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Lately, even though my Chat option is set to "no one," I'm getting the treat of hearing little kids acting like thug royalty, especially in Deathmatches and Racing. 

As you've likely experienced, they just go on and on and on, chattering about nothing, throwing out the worst-of-the-worst words you could imagine a young person saying. 

And when an idiot like me makes an effort to sincerely and thoughtfully engage them, they want no part of it, insulting and berating anyone - or just making bizarro noises, stressing out the entire group.

I don't want to have to quit a race that I waited ten minutes to find, nor do I want to turn the volume down on my tv, because i still want to hear the music, other players - once in a while during a good run with good people, and I don't wish to do invite-only racing. I host, but rarely do people join.

So, any suggestions on how you might handle these obnoxious little turds? The last kid I encountered was 10 yo and apparently has been with more women (not what he called them) than anyone on "GTA'ER'ONLINED."

05af353093f23d841f06dbb068fd27170ddd6a2e

Private matches with your friends have exactly 0 squeakers! Unless your friends are sqeakers, then there is a bigger issue here. Dude, start a thread looking for people above a certain age, form a crew, and invite only sessions! Remember if you're crew leader, you say who plays and who goes through puberty alone! DO IT! You won't regret it!

• fw3 likes this

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

Kids are getting smarter and more evil by the year.  Nothing you can really do but just show how superior you are in the game.. Which is borderline impossible because we have jobs where they do not. They're parents pay for everything they have and they could care less. the best way to get them back is a clever trolling scheme. Or mute them.

• GranSnake and fw3 like this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

That's what the kick button is for! If people would learn to use it.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Nope, if your the host the only other option is the kick function. The only thing anyone else can do is view stats, send a friend request, or a message.

You can mute people if you are the host. I do it all the time when people come in trying to "share" their music. 

A very good way I recently found to get them to shut up is to find an a child's song and play that through your mic (ex. Barney's "I Love You" or Lambchops "Song that never ends").

Lately, even though my Chat option is set to "no one," I'm getting the treat of hearing little kids acting like thug royalty, especially in Deathmatches and Racing. 

As you've likely experienced, they just go on and on and on, chattering about nothing, throwing out the worst-of-the-worst words you could imagine a young person saying. 

And when an idiot like me makes an effort to sincerely and thoughtfully engage them, they want no part of it, insulting and berating anyone - or just making bizarro noises, stressing out the entire group.

I don't want to have to quit a race that I waited ten minutes to find, nor do I want to turn the volume down on my tv, because i still want to hear the music, other players - once in a while during a good run with good people, and I don't wish to do invite-only racing. I host, but rarely do people join.

So, any suggestions on how you might handle these obnoxious little turds? The last kid I encountered was 10 yo and apparently has been with more women (not what he called them) than anyone on "GTA'ER'ONLINED."

05af353093f23d841f06dbb068fd27170ddd6a2e

Private matches with your friends have exactly 0 squeakers! Unless your friends are sqeakers, then there is a bigger issue here. Dude, start a thread looking for people above a certain age, form a crew, and invite only sessions! Remember if you're crew leader, you say who plays and who goes through puberty alone! DO IT! You won't regret it!

He does have a good point and there is a thread here to help people with exactly that: Looking for mature players?

• fw3 likes this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Report for being annoying on the mic, I do it all the time to the little sh*ts
  • fw3 likes this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Make an empty party and put it on invite only, that way, i can play with others without having to talk to anybody, or hear anybody

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

Nope, if your the host the only other option is the kick function. The only thing anyone else can do is view stats, send a friend request, or a message.

Funny you say this because before I finally dropped out of the race - during mid-race - I stopped my car and sent the kid a message, saying something like, "Would it be too much trouble to ask you to stop making noises?"

Of course, he then called me out by name and said I was sending him "mean messages" and that he was going to show me what a beatdown was.

I just bailed at that point and felt a pang of frustration for all people, all over the world, who have to deal with kids like this.

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

I never have the sound on, I usually play music.

btw, Reconified, your avatar creeps me out, cracks me up, and makes me a bit sad, all at the same time! ;)

• Jolly SWAGman likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users