Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:53 AM

Ayy.

• AAR likes this

AAR
  • AAR

Sweet yet savory.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:10 PM Edited by AAR, 20 February 2017 - 05:14 PM.

Excellent mid 80's r&b, modern soul ballad. So many beautiful woman in that video. (I got a little crush on the young woman with the harmonica) The harmonica adds a pleasant touch to the song. I came across the LP, 12 inch and single so many times and never picked it or neither listen to it. There were so many times I was record digging and I happened to find this one in the soul/funk/r&b but also pop section. Just looking at the man on the record cover got me so annoyed. Don't get me wrong. He might be a good person and I think that he looks kinda handsome but he has a kinda threatening look on his face. Maybe like a closet psycho. He seems to have a constant frown even when he tries to smile. You wouldn't feel safe next to a person with this kind of look. He could smile at you and unexpectedly stab you in the throat. Anyway... I won't ignore that record next time I see it.

Here's another one of my favorites. The first song I heard of this band is called Crazy and was released in 1983. I then bought the LP and their other one from 1985 called To Hot To Stop It. I later realized that I had another one of them in my collection. It's called Love Talk and was released in 1979. I know why I bought Love Talk and it's a pity I haven't listen to it yet. So many records, so little time.

Here's one song I like from their 1985 LP. The band was celebrating their 20th anniversary that same year and is still active with some of the surviving and new members. Please enjoy and like the song says it; "This Is Life"

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:09 AM

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

Where It All Began

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

AAR
  • AAR

Sweet yet savory.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

• Femme Fatale likes this

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:42 PM Edited by dante財閥, 24 May 2017 - 11:44 PM.

Eh, there's lots of old school R&B in here (not that i'm against it - but I was more looking for modern pop/RNB discussion). Should I make a new thread or?

Been bumping this loads recently

The original is excellent as well. 

The Roaming Brougham
  • The Roaming Brougham

Interior by Fleetwood. Body by Fisher.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Discovered this one not that long ago. It's both sensual and sincere. Classic '70s quiet storm.

Latimore - "Let's Straighten It Out"

Here's a relatively newer one from the mid '90s. The bassline is quite possibly the sexiest thing in this song.

Maxwell - "Sumthin' Sumthin'"

Both of these tracks (and many others listed in this thread) would've been perfectly suited for The Vibe 98.8 if you ask me.

Eternal Donkey
  • Eternal Donkey

yaraminkovich

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by Eternal Donkey, A day ago.

I made a New Jack Swing set,if you are interested

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users