Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

At least SA has a PC version.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

No but I also don't remember R* advertising golf as key feature. In fact, the way they advertised the whole game is probably a lot different than the way they did it with SA so that's not a good comparison. They made gameplay videos for V, something they have never made for a GTA game in the past.

The fact that the minigames such as golf are as in depth as they are speaks for itself. It was clearly a priority for Rockstar to provide non crime related activities in the game. Personally I would have preffered them not bother but I guess the general direction for GTA is shifting.

But I understand you. Those side missions in SA rewarded you with things like being fireproof or having more health while in V the only thing you get is money, but that doesn't matter. The game is about committing crime as you said and those missions are the complete opposite of that, therefore this argument is invalid because this applies to both games. The thing is GTA is more than just a crime game. It's pure satire and it depicts the way of life in America, while the focus is on telling a gangster story and this has been that way since GTA 1.[/size]

I'd argue that the factor that made GTA so appealing in the first place, besides being open world, is that it gave you the role of a criminal with the freedom to wreak havoc as you wished. As the games expanded on this, naturally crime related side missions an activities were added while at the same time the setting of the series was expanding on the satirical representation of America. Thanks to this it has allowed the series to spread in to tamer areas. I'll agree San Andreas was the first game to push this format and has basically lead to what we have in V but it didn't stray that far from crime. IV was basically the perfect GTA for me. It had everything a GTA needed to have - a refined III.

think people just can't get over the fact that R* took a realistic approach with IV and with V they expanded on it, trying also to please a few ones that wanted the over the top fun of SA back (tanks, minigun, fighter jet, etc...). So some of those rewards in SA wouldn't make sense in the newer games and I don't miss them tbh. But that's my opinion, everyone has his own. You said the voice acting and the dialogues are bad, and the story.. IMO, all these things are miles better in V than in SA, except the voice acting that was pretty good in both games.[/size]

Yeah, Rockstar definitely tried to make a fan service for both parties with V but I think because of that, it suffered an identity crisis and the end product became a mixed bag.

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:41 AM

At least SA has a PC version.

you'll get gtav on pc just wait 

xerofyre
  • xerofyre

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

GTA V is leagues above San Andreas, even if San Andreas was on the same level graphics wise, V would easily beat it in features

Michael alone would pin CJ to the ground, Michael is better than CJ 5 fold. CJ was cool, but Michael is just epic lol

Personally, I think the story was better in San Andreas, and the missions were pretty good too, V didn't have as many missions, but they were still pretty good

Activity wise, compared to it's generation, San Andreas absolutely sweeped all other games on the PS2/Xbox gen, but IV and V were a huge step up from San Andreas, I haven't really gotten that far into IV and V to really compare the activities, but I'd say there are much more side activities in IV and V compared to San Andreas, really all you could do in San Andreas that wasn't a mission, or sub-mission was arcade games, or pool. Where as in IV you can go bowling, or even play darts.

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

@ainsz Fair enough, at least you explained your opinion. Most of the people who didn't like it just say that it's sh*t and don't care to elaborate - that's just simple hating for me. But I respect your opinion. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

Do you remember basketball being advertised as a key cornerstone of the game before SA's release the same way golf was advertised before V? Basketball was an out of the way mingame their solely for the purpose of a quick piss about..A quick piss about in SA is a key feature in V.

No but I also don't remember R* advertising golf as key feature. In fact, the way they advertised the whole game is probably a lot different than the way they did it with SA so that's not a good comparison. They made gameplay videos for V, something they have never made for a GTA game in the past. 

But I understand you. Those side missions in SA rewarded you with things like being fireproof or having more health while in V the only thing you get is money, but that doesn't matter. The game is about committing crime as you said and those missions are the complete opposite of that, therefore this argument is invalid because this applies to both games. The thing is GTA is more than just a crime game. It's pure satire and it depicts the way of life in America, while the focus is on telling a gangster story and this has been that way since GTA 1.

I think people just can't get over the fact that R* took a realistic approach with IV and with V they expanded on it, trying also to please a few ones that wanted the over the top fun of SA back (tanks, minigun, fighter jet, etc...). So some of those rewards in SA wouldn't make sense in the newer games and I don't miss them tbh. But that's my opinion, everyone has his own. You said the voice acting and the dialogues are bad, and the story.. IMO, all these things are miles better in V than in SA, except the voice acting that was pretty good in both games.

Opinions, but the sales speak for themselves, V is the most successful GTA game ever, and it's still selling and selling games. A lot of people enjoyed the game and if they release it on the next gen they might sell more than 10 million copies on XBONE and PS4 combined. R* can be proud of that.

Great Words bro...and yeah GTA5 (2013) is the #1 best-selling game in the GTA Franchise with a whopping 33ml copies sold worldwide (and it not even on PC/Next-Gen yet),SA (2004) is the #2 with 27ml copies sold and IV (2008) it the #3 best-selling Game in the franchise with 25ml copies sold worldwide.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:36 PM Edited by BabeRuth, 11 April 2014 - 04:41 PM.

Three simple reasons....

(1) Nostalgia.
(2) Replay Value.
(3) Quantities.

I don't hate V(5) I thought it was better gameplay wise though. Story wise, IV(4) is 5x better.

A video game can never be flawless, people/fans always find one small tiny problem and then it's chaos with people/fans jumping on the bandwagon.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Because V is the new kid on the block and therefore the new whipping boy, when VI comes out, everyone's gonna be waving their dicks for GTA V and praising it, saying how VI was a total step down. And because San Andreas = Morrowind, a game most people here played when they were young and impressionable. I enjoyed VC/SA MUCH more than I did V but that's because I was a kid back then with no responsibilities... nowadays, I barely get an hour or two a week to touch V, which usually ends way quicker because I'm simply not in the mood most of the time.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:22 AM Edited by DarrinPA, 12 April 2014 - 04:23 AM.

why is gta v hated

Because we know what Rockstar is capable of and this wasn't close to the master piece that they had wanted us to believe it was. They used our faith in them, based on their strong record of making great games, to sell this unfinished game.

why cant people let gta sa go

They gave us gold. It was everything it could be and more. But then Rockstar gave us GTAV - something new, shinier, something resembling gold, but then some realized GTA:V is just a empty shell that may shine more brightly; but lacks true value.

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

why is gta v hated

Because we know what Rockstar is capable of and this wasn't close to the master piece that they had wanted us to believe it was. They used our faith in them, based on their strong record of making great games, to sell this unfinished game.

why cant people let gta sa go

They gave us gold. It was everything it could be and more. But then Rockstar gave us GTAV - something new, shinier, something resembling gold, but then some realized GTA:V is just a empty shell that may shine more brightly; but lacks true value.

dude gta v is just san andreas with different characters and improved gameplay.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Blue, blue, electric blue. That's the color of my room.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Are you asking us to stop playing SA?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

He's asking why people love SA so much. He's not telling you to stop playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users