Forced pick-ups + post 1.12 annoyances

36 replies to this topic
TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

At least 95% of the deathmatches I've tried joining tonight have all been forced pick-ups. They used to occasionally pop-up, but never anything like this. It's so stupid and annoying.

Also, matchmaking has got a lot worse, every match I'm put with a bunch of low-levels unless their my friends. This has literally happened every match. I don't mind getting 1 low level in the team but getting between 2-4 and the other team having a bunch of 40+ players is really screwed.

The most annoying thing of all, the freezing has made it's way into deathmatches, I froze twice already today in the middle of a deathmatch. I'd get freezing in free-roam but never in game modes. This getting beyond.
  • Deathmaker158 likes this

BJMartin
  • BJMartin

Meth, not even once.

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:47 AM Edited by BJMartin, 09 April 2014 - 01:48 AM.

DM's and TDM in this game SUCK sh*t, people create crappy maps, or just don't know how to host.. you'll se it's a 2v2 tdm and they set the time to 20 minutes, with no number of kills stablished. And there are many many examples like this, being the most annoying the one were you're playing 8v8 and somebody set the kills to 10, so the TDM ends in 30 seconds.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

Yea I froze like 4 times today while in the cloud or matchmaking screen. Let's hope 1.13 will do better.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Ⱦɇarjɇrkɇr

• The Yardies
  • Mexico

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

So you don't like to play with the abided rules the host established?
Oh no, what a horrible situation...if only you could host your own DM's.

*sigh*

If only...

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

What's wrong with restricted weapon choices in DMs?

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

Why is it after a forced pickups TDM, the guns I was using (smg, pistol etc) are then completely out of ammo back in freeroam?

I lost all my heavy sniper ammo awhile back after coming back from one
  • Liquid715 likes this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

*sigh*
If only...

That's not the point, the issue is joining games without forced pick-ups, something that's virtually impossible since 1.12.
Hosting would be a solution, but nobody ever joins when I'm hosting, it's easier just join a random match.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:05 AM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 09 April 2014 - 02:20 AM.

There was a glitch that caused you to lose all of your guns and ammo after you finished a "restricted weapon" deathmatch. My friend played one in March and had this glitch happen to him, causing him to spend more than $200k to refill all of his guns... The same thing happened to me back in January, but I was rich enough to let it slide at the time.

I don't know if this glitch still exists, but it caused me to avoid these deathmatches as much as possible.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:05 AM Edited by Staten, 09 April 2014 - 02:07 AM.

Why is it after a forced pickups TDM, the guns I was using (smg, pistol etc) are then completely out of ammo back in freeroam?

Yeah, it seems to effect sniper and shotgun ammo.  I think the glitch happens when you pick up either of those weapons in a forced-weapon match.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

I happen to only like matches with forced weapon pick-ups...if the map is nicely done.  There are tons of good player created DM's out there.  I've played tons that I really liked.  None of them were Rockstar verified.  Forced pick-ups is the only way to play in my mind.  It gives you a different experience, especially if there are special spawn points created that have specific weapons that only that spawn point can get to.  It's always neat to spawn in a special spawn point and get that cool weapon that maybe nobody else has in the DM.

• Jolly SWAGman likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

There was a glitch that caused you to lose all of your guns and ammo after you finished a "restricted weapon" deathmatch. My friend played one in March and had this glitch happen to him, causing him to spend more than $200k to refill all of his guns... The same thing happened to me back in January, but I was rich enough to let it slide at the time.

I don't know if this glitch exists, but it caused me to avoid these deathmatches as much as possible.

Same here. This happened to me about two weeks ago, lost full heavy sniper ammo. 98k to refill.

Thanks Rockstar, this has been around FOREVER.
  • Liquid715 likes this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

Yeah, it seems to effect sniper and shotgun ammo.  I think the glitch happens when you pick up either of those weapons in a forced-weapon match.

I lost all my mini smg ammo too, I didn't mind about that though as I only keep it for drive bys in missions cos the AP pistol likes to blow up stuff.

They heavy ammo pissed me off though as I had accidentally bought all ammo and then I lost it 20 minutes later!

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

If I do anything forced, its " Forced Only " matches.

joejuggernaut
  • joejuggernaut

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

Op wants his puss mini and rpg.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

20 out 20 of the last matches I joined were all forced pick-ups.

That's me done with deathmatches.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

@Lay

That's the reason why I avoid the forced pickup matches, because I've always lost all my ammo for whatever assault rifle was designated for the match. Forced only matches I like. I've never had an ammo loss issue with those.

Lazy Mofo
  • Lazy Mofo

Mirror Park Citizen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:57 AM Edited by Lazy Mofo, 09 April 2014 - 10:58 AM.

Dude you're right, same thing with me, almost 9/10 are forced. I think it might be a glitch.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

TLMC [VP/Founder/Former Pres.]

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

I wouldn't mind forced as much if it didn't delete my ammo.
After playing Classy Construction, I believe I kept all my pistol ammo (though I may have lost that too), but I only had 9 sniper bullets.
I lost almost 10,000 rounds of ammo.
  • Liquid715 likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

I am still waiting for Max Payne 3 combat mechanics xD was so much better. And the maps were thought well through... :S

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 09 April 2014 - 12:56 PM.

I will never f*cking do a 60 minute match again as long as I play this game, the last 1 min and 30 f*cking seconds of the match, the PSN decides to boot me. Before anyone says internet connection, I have a 100mbps hard wired connection, 87 kills down the drain smfh. 30 minute matches yes 60 never f*cking again.

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

*sigh*

If only...

Good job on pointing out something that has nothing to do with what OP states.

• Shotty Pop likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

I will never f*cking do a 60 minute match as long as I play this game, the last 1 min and 30 f*cking seconds of the match, the PSN decides to boot me. Before anyone says internet connection, I have a 100mbps hard wired connection, 87 kills down the drain smfh. 30 minute matches yes 60 never f*cking again.

Was someone else the host? 

While you're obviously not going to get the money for winning, at least some of those kills (and the RP for them) will have been saved during the match (the game autosaves every so often during jobs).

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 09 April 2014 - 01:08 PM.

Nothing saved at all. I signed back on I was right where I was before the match. I had a good finish coming as well. No more 60 minutes for me. Yes someone else was hosting, it was an all around good match we were up 209-205 before the boot happened, and idk if it happened to everyone else.

• MilosSarcev likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Because usually the host is a tool and restricts it to melee weapons on a f*cking huge map.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:37 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 09 April 2014 - 01:38 PM.

@JohnGazman

One of the biggest signs the host is a tool bag, besides the weapons arrangements, is when the kill count is set to 40, and the timer is set to 5 minutes. That is an instant exit for me.

• MilosSarcev likes this

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

I am still waiting for Max Payne 3 combat mechanics xD was so much better. And the maps were thought well through... :S

Sorry, but I almost threw up lol..

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Because usually the host is a tool and restricts it to melee weapons on a f*cking huge map.
You can't change the restricted weapon. Only the creator of the job can.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

I've always hated "Forced + Pickups". Every time I do a match that is Forced + Pickups I lose ammo for everything. So I always try to go for Owned + Pickups.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Forced+pickups is the most fun since it somewhat levels the field, but yea bye bye ammo. I never buy ammo so I don't really mind it, one game of survival stocks all guns up to around 1800 anyway. Owned deathmatches turn into explosion festivals when I play them so I avoid them, guns are where its at for me.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 09 April 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Forced Only is the way to go, if your going to go that route. Owned is hit and miss, but if your in a lobby full of level 100 plus DNS tool bags be prepared for a fireworks display. Some of the best gunfights I have had are with level 70s -95s. I had 3 130 plus guys on my team earlier, I was the only who had a maxed shooting stat, and we were all classified as military trained. I'm 278, I had my shooting stat maxed out before I hit level 25. Off topic I cannot wait for those little tools to get reset to where they were pre DNS.

• MilosSarcev likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users