Quantcast

» «
Photo

Police Auto Aim is annoying.

106 replies to this topic

Poll: Police Auto Aim (135 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have an option to remove Police Auto Aim?

1. Yes, I hate these cops (113 votes [83.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.70%

2. No, I like to eliminate them then kill my opponent (22 votes [16.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:39 PM Edited by Vooodu, 11 April 2014 - 01:44 PM.

Damn we're back to this again? It doesn't have to read your mind, it just has to let you set the priority. It's already prioritizing, it's just doing it the wrong way around. 

We're back?  We never left....All i see is people arguing over FA and AA when its not the point here.

So let me get this straight..  You want what?

Players to be the priority instead of cops..

Ok,  so what happens when the cops are the real priority?  Are you gonna keep hitting 'select' constantly to switch back and fourth?   I mean, i brought this up like four times already and no one has responded to it.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

Damn we're back to this again? It doesn't have to read your mind, it just has to let you set the priority. It's already prioritizing, it's just doing it the wrong way around. 

Where back?  We never left....All i see is people arguing over FA and AA when its not the point here.

Ok,  so what happens when the cops are the real priority?  Are you gonna keep hitting 'select' constantly to switch back and fourth?   I mean, i brought this up like four times already and no one has responded to it.

Cops are very rarely my priority when there are players on my screen. Cops usually take much longer to kill you than players do. Preferably I would have like to have the option when pressing select, but switching the priority so players are first and cops are second would also be an improvement. I almost never have shootouts with cops but I have shootouts with other players all the time. I usually avoid shooting cops as much as I can because it gives you 3 stars. And I have responded to it, you just don't seem to like reading past the first sentence of all my posts.

Also, you're the one who came here talking about how we should switch to free aim.

• Taky likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Where back?  We never left....All i see is people arguing over FA and AA when its not the point here.

Cops are very rarely my priority when there are players on my screen. Cops usually take much longer to kill you than players do. Preferably I would have like to have the option when pressing select, but switching the priority so players are first and cops are second would also be an improvement. I almost never have shootouts with cops but I have shootouts with other players all the time. I usually avoid shooting cops as much as I can because it gives you 3 stars. And I have responded to it, you just don't seem to like reading past the first sentence of all my posts.

Also, you're the one who came here talking about how we should switch to free aim.

Cops are always a problem..  Are you telling me "@*^&# TEH COPS" threads don't pop up every 2 seconds on this forum?     People trying to have shootouts in free roam always complain about cops.  Cops are a much bigger problem then players

The moment you make cops less priority the sooner people start complaining about cops even more and about AA even more.

Because the boom line is, free aim is the solution and always was.. Even in AA you can free aim once you get over the initial lock on.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:57 PM Edited by CenMan, 11 April 2014 - 01:57 PM.

Cops are always a problem..  Are you telling me "@*^&# TEH COPS" threads don't pop up every 2 seconds on this forum?     People trying to have shootouts in free roam always complain about cops.  Cops are a much bigger problem then players

The moment you make cops less priority the sooner people start complaining about cops even more and about AA even more.

Because the boom line is, free aim is the solution and always was.. Even in AA you can free aim once you get over the initial lock on.

When you have the option nobody's going to complain about players or cops being the priority, because you could just change it. And I think the main reason why people complain about cops being such a problem is because when a player is shooting with you with a heavy weapon and a cop is also shooting at you with a puny little pistol, the game decides the cop is a bigger threat.

And let's just drop the whole free aim thing. It's been discussed to death. I still prefer auto-aim even with the stupid cop priority, and I suspect most others who play auto-aim do as well or they would have switched to free aim already.

• Taky likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by Vooodu, 11 April 2014 - 02:08 PM.

When you have the option nobody's going to complain about players or cops being the priority, because you could just change it.

Change it when?   On the fly in the middle of bullsh*t free roam battles?  Cops then players, players then cops.

Again.. Free aim is the best solution here.  

Honestly.. you're right.   Give the AA players another easy option.  Obviously AA is just to hard.    Then when players in AA attack me i can hide by cops.  While their aimmer keeps trying lock on me, the cops can just keep killing him instead   :D

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:11 PM Edited by CenMan, 11 April 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Change it when?   On the fly in the middle of bullsh*t free roam battles?  Cops then players, players then cops.

Honestly.. you're right.   Give the AA players another easy option.  Obviously AA is just to hard.    Then when players in AA attack me i can hide by cops.  While they their aimmer keeps trying lock on me, the cops can just keep killing him instead   :D

Whenever you want. I'd just leave the priority on players because I almost never fight cops, especially when there's a player shooting at me. It would still lock on cops if there's no players around, just like right now it locks on players when there's no cops around.

I don't understand why this suggestion bothers you so much anyway since you play free aim and it doesn't affect you, and it would clearly be an improvement because if you like it the way it is, the option would allow you to keep it like this.

• Taky and TomKongPhooey like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by Vooodu, 11 April 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Honestly.. you're right.   Give the AA players another easy option.  Obviously AA is just to hard.    Then when players in AA attack me i can hide by cops.  While they their aimmer keeps trying lock on me, the cops can just keep killing him instead   :D

Whenever you want. I'd just leave the priority on players because I almost never fight cops, especially when there's a player shooting at me. It would still lock on cops if there's no players around, just like right now it locks on players when there's no cops around.

I don't understand why this suggestion bothers you so much anyway since you play free aim and it doesn't affect you, and it would clearly be an improvement because if you like it the way it is, the option would allow you to keep it like this.

I think its just a perception thing. Its not a free aim debate im tring to have here.  It doesn't bother me at all,  im trying to help players understand what the actual problem is here.

For me free aim battles go like this.

Once the first few shots go off the cops will come.  You have a small window to get the kill and GTFO of there.

Once the cops come the cops are a bigger threat then any player unless said player is in a bullet proof car.

At that point the cops will kill any player left standing.  Either way the cops become the bigger threat.

For me, there is only two solutions to this.  One is to play in actual PVP modes where no cops will get involved and the other is FA that allows you to prioritize your own targets.

Now, if said player does not want to play PVP modes, cops will always be a problem.  And if you choose to use AA, even with a option to toggle between cops and players.  Once you choose one the other will take advantage of it.

R* could add this option.. But i think its a waste of time and space on the mini menu.  Since both cops and players are a threat once sh*t pops off.  

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

If you like it like that in free aim, that's fine. But I don't, and I bet almost nobody else here does or they would have been playing free aim or deathmatches and not complaining about the priority that auto-aim puts on cops over players. We all know this problem doesn't exist in free aim, you don't have to keep repeating that.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:36 PM Edited by Vooodu, 11 April 2014 - 02:41 PM.

If you like it like that in free aim, that's fine. But I don't, and I bet almost nobody else here does or they would have been playing free aim or deathmatches and not complaining about the priority that auto-aim puts on cops over players. 

Again.. This is a perception thing.  I say cops are a bigger issue then players once it starts popping off.  But il post this one last thing and il leave you alone.  I think thats what you really want :D

FA allows you to target how you want when you want.  To prioritize your own targets as you see fit.  Thats what you want?  But you don't want it because you would rather the game do it for you?  

Seems to me you just want the best of both worlds.  

I think alot of you are just to stubborn to realize how easy some solutions are.  They are the simplest ones yet the most hated ones.  Why?  I dunno..

COPS are a big problems in FR..  If you tell players to go play PVP instead that lose it and get angry.  

Same with aim priority.   FA is the best option for this but players are just to stubborn in love with AA to understand.

So i guess good luck getting this to happen.  I for one will actually enjoy using cops against players if this happens when im in AA.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

Of course I want the best of both worlds. Why wouldn't I? And you may percieve cops being a bigger issues than players, but I don't, and that's why an option would be great. I've already explained many times why free aim is not a solution for me. I'll explain it once more... I prefer auto aim even with the annoying cop priority. I would like auto aim to be better, not switch to free aim.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by Vooodu, 11 April 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Of course I want the best of both worlds. Why wouldn't I? And you may percieve cops being a bigger issues than players, but I don't, and that's why an option would be great. I've already explained many times why free aim is not a solution for me.

:D

You never explained why you can't use FA.  Do you have no fingers?

Like i said.. Good luck with that.   

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

Of course I want the best of both worlds. Why wouldn't I? And you may percieve cops being a bigger issues than players, but I don't, and that's why an option would be great. I've already explained many times why free aim is not a solution for me.

You never explained why you can't use AA.  Do you have no fingers?

I suppose you mean free aim? I kicked ass in Battlefield so I'm pretty sure I can manage free aim on GTA. I just feel like auto aim suits GTA better.

• Taky likes this

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Gosh, times like this make me think, I would never leave free aim if more people used it. I hate going back to AA when the servers get lean.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

You never explained why you can't use AA.  Do you have no fingers?

I suppose you mean free aim? I kicked ass in Battlefield so I'm pretty sure I can manage free aim on GTA. I just feel like auto aim suits GTA better.

Its not about kicking ass.. Its about AA annoying the sh*t out of you because it won't lock on to who you want when you want.  You say it suits GTA better, yet you are asking for toggle options for targets.  That doesn't sound better at all.

I mean.... I suck at FA.     But at least i know when i shoot in a direction i want it will shoot in that direction and stay in that direction.   I never have to worry about my aimmer jumping around at random targets be it player or cops. 

But.. Sorry.. . I said id stop posting and i didn't.

Must...  not... read... next ... post.

I wish this forum had an auto slap me in the face from posting constantly.  :D

• TomKongPhooey likes this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:08 PM Edited by CenMan, 11 April 2014 - 03:19 PM.

Again, it's annoying but not annoying enough to make me switch to free aim. Just because auto-aim isn't perfect doesn't mean I can't prefer it over free aim.

Anyway, here you go.

mythbusters-face-slap-o.gif

• TomKongPhooey likes this

Taky
  • Taky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

He probably doesn't switch to FA because of the clunky feeling gta5 has while free aiming. That's one of the reason I don't use it personally. Plus, although AA is messed up in our minds, it's still enjoyable. If the game was made based around FA, having a less clunky feeling and less BS in general, I'd be all for using FA, maybe even have it as the only type of aiming in the game. Sadly, the game was made based around AA, or at least that's how I see it. 

To stay on topic, the option of being able to switch priority of targets would be nice, seeing as how they partially have that with the option of needing to FA to kill your friends. For the cops it's like...most of the time I don't even shoot them, I just avoid them to lose stars and go back to having a shoot out with the other people in the session. A lot of the times it's annoying, other times it makes things more intense, but that may be just how I feel.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by Gregers08, 11 April 2014 - 04:53 PM.

You pro free-aimers are such homo's. If people want to play auto aim then they should be able to do so and not be answerable to you jackasses. It speaks volumes that the vast majority of players choose this option.

As such of course there should be an option where players are a priority over the police. I'm sure most of us have been screwed over by this before, a player standing right in front you of, you go to aim and you spin around and shoot a cop directly behind you. This is even more annoying when the police aren't even after you, they are after the guy you're shooting at!!

I'm sure its an issue that can be easily resolved by Rockstar.

To be fair auto aim is the default option and allot of people don't even know you can switch since you can only switch in story mode, I'm sure if free aim was the default auto aimers would be in the minority or at least things would have been more even.

I personally would be happy if they worked out a hybrid system for GTAVI where you could auto aim  hostile NPCs but other players had to be taken out with free aim. This aiming segregation always ruins the community of their games with Max Payne 3 being the biggest example. It's like R* wants to make advanced multiplayer games but they fail at the basics, it's like they're trying to do backflips before they can even walk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users