A capture job paid 22k and it was dam good fun

70 replies to this topic
DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

At this moment in time, there are too many people hosting captures rather than joining.

Just gone through 17 lobbies in a row with only the host sitting in them. If I'm lucky the lobby has an extra player in it which leaves soon after I join.

Oh and then launching session into a timed out error, oh lovely - Go straight back to storymode, do not pass begin and do not collect your $200. For an online game, I spend more time in storymode and error message screens than actually online.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

9k to the losers is decent for those who are not a farmer  :)

9k for winning is almost as much as the prize for winning some races.

• KimberJane likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

At this moment in time, there are too many people hosting captures rather than joining.

Just gone through 17 lobbies in a row with only the host sitting in them. If I'm lucky the lobby has an extra player in it which leaves soon after I join.

Best work around might be join a random race for example, and wait for voting screen to display a capture, prehaps then the lure of x2 rp and cash might be the carrot needed.

• DaTwista likes this

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Best work around might be join a random race for example, and wait for voting screen to display a capture, prehaps then the lure of x2 rp and cash might be the carrot needed.

Wow nice thought, didn't even think of doing that.

+1 for your brains :)

• KimberJane likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

If you're on xbox I can join ya for some later. No doubt you're on PlayStation? lol

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Just a heads up, but a 2v2 win on All Abhorred nets you $28k and 5k RP. 

wimthetim
  • wimthetim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Oh and then launching session into a timed out error, oh lovely - Go straight back to storymode, do not pass begin and do not collect your $200. For an online game, I spend more time in storymode and error message screens than actually online.

feel your pain... had a similar experience all too many times

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

If you're on xbox I can join ya for some later. No doubt you're on PlayStation? lol

I'm on PS3 so won't be able to... Not the end of the world though :)

reiniat
  • reiniat

May science shine your way.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

The capture mode with the buses is the worst one, it is back and forth destroying each other's buses so nobody ever got to deliver them

I basically treat that one like cod domination. Camping and sniping lol. I never move on that one.

Youre disgusting :)

OT, im in the lobby of a capture job and its taking forever to get enough people, COME ON PEOPLE PLAY MORE CAPTURE MODE!! (on free-aim)

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

Recently tried for the first time with my crew.  We had hoped to meet rival crews but every time a few joined they would leave straight away and we ended up having to share our crew members out with randoms.   

This isn't really a problem in general and no fix is needed in this regard, but personally I play worse against crew and friends, some sort of dumb mental loyalty issue where I find it harder to shoot at them so they own me bad lol.

Payouts are great against time spent and even better if the people you play with mix it up with missions, races, jumps etc etc.

Unrelated>
Have to say, I'm enjoying the double Spock and Wales flag.

• JohnGazman likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

This is one of the reasons that I don't host jobs. I know there's a TON of people that are hosting jobs at any given minute of the day. These people like to be in charge of the room and options. I on the other hand don't care about the settings and will follow whatever rules that the host sets....I just want a game with 8+ people. How hard is that?!? Let me see the open lobbies and choose one to join.

• KimberJane and budcat like this

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Having just played one myself, what a load of crap they really are. I don't care if their giving away a million dollars and 20 levels every game, I won't waste my time on them.

March 10th
  • March 10th

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Ive been winning everytime, even got a 28k payout.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Having just played one myself, what a load of crap they really are. I don't care if their giving away a million dollars and 20 levels every game, I won't waste my time on them.

Seriously? What is wrong with the capture in which you have to get the briefcase from the end of the pier? That one is awesome. Takes some real teamwork. Oh, wait, that must be it, you want to Rambo everything because you are so good at the game.....is that it? 

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

I playing now but its empty :(
Which map has the most people?

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

i got $28k and 5,000 RP for a 1v1.

and the other guy quit after 10/15 mins.

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Seriously? What is wrong with the capture in which you have to get the briefcase from the end of the pier? That one is awesome. Takes some real teamwork. Oh, wait, that must be it, you want to Rambo everything because you are so good at the game.....is that it? 

This was the one you have the bikes in the canyon. 2v2. Seriously why anyone would waste their time is beyond me.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

This was the one you have the bikes in the canyon. 2v2. Seriously why anyone would waste their time is beyond me.

Haha...that one is pretty fun. The NPCs make it way more interesting. That's definitely one for a larger lobby though.... :/

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Haha...that one is pretty fun. The NPCs make it way more interesting. That's definitely one for a larger lobby though.... :/

You need to seriously rethink what fun is, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Anything that requires some skill and a little teamwork is regarded as boring in the 12 year old community
  • budcat and Rocket Skates like this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Seriously why anyone would waste their time is beyond me.

Because it's slightly more entertaining than the kill-die-kill-die-die-die-kill-game over that characterises most deathmatches. You have to actually work as a team.

If your team is stupid, however, then it can be pretty annoying when it feels like you're doing all the work.

• Crimie Marston likes this

guammm17
  • guammm17

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

God forbid someone have a different opinion than yours.  I think capture is fun, not as well implemented as CTF in other games, but fun nonetheless

• Rocket Skates likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Sorry. I find a challenge versus other real life players to be fun. What exactly did you not find fun about that one? What in the world was it about that one that makes pins in your eyes a better alternative? 

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

I have loved capture from the start but only ever managed to play a couple of full games the whole time they have been out. Hopefully people will start playing them now

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

I must admit I've never played a capture game before today, and the only reason I played was it got voted for by the group of people I was playing with.

The one we played was at an airfield. Six of us. It was such good fun, it actually reminded me a bit of free roam to an extent and also needed a bit of team effort too. We wasn't on mics but I can imagine a group of people on mics speaking team talk tactics would of made it a much more enjoyable experience. It was on a timer of 10 minutes for the match.

And the best thing is it paid $22,000 to us for winning and about 3000 rp. 

I for one hope capture starts to take off now.

I did almost exactly the same thing last night on Post Op I think it was called. Three pairs each with a relatively high level (90+) and sub level 20 player.

I stood out the front of the depot with my Minigun and let my teammate doing all the driving :)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

The capture mode with the buses is the worst one, it is back and forth destroying each other's buses so nobody ever got to deliver them

Kamikaze whoever is destroying the buses.  That's what I did and we ended up winning lol.

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

Played a round of capture today with a couple crew mates...absolutely shredded the other team. They didn't even look like they knew what the hell was going on. I'd play capture more then any other mode if other people actually did, so here's hoping activity starts to pick up. *crosses fingers*

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

Earned $28,000 and 4,000rp doing one earlier.

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

Jet stealing professional

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

"Capture mode" and "fun" should not be in the same sentence.

I played one time. Some bullsh*t where two teams had to steal greyhound buses. Nobody got sh*t and the time expired. Just auto aiming the drivers and spawning and repeat. I don't think a single bus got further than a block down the road.

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

i just tried some capture to i got 28k and had fun doing it, but the one guy puppy guarding the duffle bag was really annoying :ph34r:  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users