Photo

Requesting help from a modder

5 replies to this topic
Bmxismylife123x
  • Bmxismylife123x

Firebird

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hello everyone, I've never really posted anything in this forums in general, but right now I'm in need of a help from a modder or someone who knows their way around .dff files. 

I'll get straight to the point; I'm using a Knight Rider 82 Firebird car mod and I wanted to have the season 4 model, though when I installed it and used a spawner to spawn the vehicle, I got multiple variants which possibly means that there are variety of models locked inside the .dff file. I was wondering if it's possible to lock the .dff file to use only ONE of the specific variants.

Here are some screenshots of what spawns:

80LRm.jpg

80LT4.jpg

80LUw.jpg

Now THIS is the model I'm interested in, keep an eye out on that front bumper.

80LWY.jpg

All credits and respects go to those who made the 82 Firebird models for GTA SA, and I do NOT plan to modify them myself, just use them for my own personal entertainment.

I'll add a link to the .dff file if there's a volunteer for this little job, I hope it's not too hard.

Bmxismylife123x
  • Bmxismylife123x

Firebird

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

Actually, I'd appreciate if mods moved this thread over to the III Modeling section, that seems a bit more appropriate for my request.

Bmxismylife123x
  • Bmxismylife123x

Firebird

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Bump. Need a convertible variant out of it as well, anyone up for it?

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

You want to spawn Firebird with only one variant.... to do this you have to modify DFF and delete some parts, actually it depends on what author used program for create his car (3ds max or Zmodeler) and if locked or unlocked....

Bmxismylife123x
  • Bmxismylife123x

Firebird

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

You want to spawn Firebird with only one variant.... to do this you have to modify DFF and delete some parts, actually it depends on what author used program for create his car (3ds max or Zmodeler) and if locked or unlocked....

Yep, I tried that, it either:

a) Don't spawn any car at all

b) Spawn a convertible without the roof

c) Spawn a completely broken model

I'm trying to get this variant out of the .dff file, but I can't get it work, after exporting it, it just doesn't spawn:

84LDu.jpg

Broken convertible I managed to make:

85vTF.jpg

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Which program are you using to edit DFF??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users