Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

What are some of the worst, poorly designed, and most frustrating missions that you really could have done without? (Excluding the train in San Andreas.)

I remember Mugshot Longshot from Vice City Stories giving me a really hard time, considering how hard it was to avoid detection from the goons you were tailing.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

I could never beat Big 'N Veiny in GTA III, probably because I always did it when the mob hated me.

In Vice City, I never got 100% because of Checkpoint Charlie. I always ran out of time, but most likely because I suck with boats.

In SA I hated the OG Loc mission. I always thought it was a horrible mission for that early in the game. It was such a long chase and had driving on the wrong side of the road, so it would very difficult for someone new to the game.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:02 AM Edited by Zodape, 08 April 2014 - 03:03 AM.

The off-road checkpoint missions in GTA III (Patriot Playground, for example). They are just BS and a waste of time.

Also, in VC, the mission where Tommy had to get a driver for the heist is like the most pointless mission ever:

-Hilary will be the driver if Tommy beats him. If Tommy beats him, then what would be the point of hiring him as a driver, if we already know that Tommy is better?

-It's just BS the fact that he has a Sabre Turbo and we are forced to use a stupid Sentinel. Not even the XS version. That's BS. At least in III we could pick our car for races.

-Hilary just shows up at the end, then gets out of the car and gets killed in 1/2 second, then Tommy drives everyone back to the safehouse. I mean, really?

Might aswell remove Hilary and every mission regarding him from the story. Really, it would suffer little to no changes.

S.A.M. is not bad designed, but it's hard as f*ck. Either I miss hitting the plane with a rocket or I get run over by it.

• gnfnrhead, B Dawg and Pastry like this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:26 AM Edited by iam2fresh, 08 April 2014 - 03:31 AM.

i havent beat 3 or vice city but here are mine

gta 3 for mobile: bomb da base act 2 moving the sniper on a phone is a pain in the ass

gta vice city: just started dont have one

Gta san andreas pc: freefall i hate this mission so f*cking much i hate how you have to fly a dodo why not a hydra a plane that doesn't control like complete ass .

dont have 4

update if i get the game

• universetwisters likes this

Donald J Trump
  • Donald J Trump

Make Yoga Great Again

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

In GTA III, I definitely had problems with Espresso 2 Go, I used the bulletproof Patriot, but I think I just had trouble with the time limit and taking bad routes to get around the city.

Like it was mentioned above, Hilary was an absolutely pointless character, and while I didn't think the mission where you race him was the most difficult mission ever, it was tough enough to where it's pretty much a waste of time, considering Tommy does pretty much all of the driving and Hilary dies.

Supply Lines is absolute bullsh*t, it actually took me at least a year or two before I actually bothered trying to finish that one. At least it's not required for finishing the story, but I was getting tired of the icon for it being on the map constantly. I played through again recently and still couldn't get the mission done the first few tries, I got tired of it. Is there a reason CJ had to play with toys for Zero? Why don't we just kill Berkley?

• gnfnrhead likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:14 AM

Never had any problems in any game aside from a bit in GTA III, most memorable was that mission 'Gangcar Roundup' I believe, since getting a Sentinel used to be a pain in the ass until I found the correct route.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

-Hilary will be the driver if Tommy beats him. If Tommy beats him, then what would be the point of hiring him as a driver, if we already know that Tommy is better?

This.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

Bomb da base act 2 was really hard for me when I was younger. Now I can pass it with ease. Espresso 2 go was pretty hard though, especially going back into Portland with the leones and their shotguns.

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

The only hrd mission in the GTA series for me is "Evidence Dash" in GTA III. I hated the offroad side missions there too. The every other mission i can think of in the series is childs play to me.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 08 April 2014 - 03:55 PM.

• GTA III - Espresso 2 Go - It can be passed without bulletproof vehicles but the car damage makes the mission hard.
  • GTA VC - Martha's Mug Shot - Taking a pic is easy but escaping FBI without a helicopter is almost impossible.
  • GTA SA - The Da Nang Thang - I lose all weapons and then I have to murder half of the ship.
  • GTA LCS - The Shoreside Redemption - The security van is made of plastic since even the slightliest crash can turn it into a burning wreck.
  • GTA VCS - Unfriendly Competition - Me + an entire army of bikini girls with AK-47 = :sui:
  • GTA IV - Late Checkout - I always died.
  • TLAD - Bad Stantding - I remember how I always died or Brian got away.
  • TBoGT - In The Crosshairs - Is not too difficult but when going for 100%, it's near impossible to get.
  • GTA V - Predator - Sniper and 3 headshots and accuracy AND time objectives...
  • GTA O - High Priority Case - If I have no helicopter, I'm screwed.
  • Bozzah likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

While not 'hard' I really hate any mission that's just a scripted chase like OG Loc and some of the chases from IV.

I don't want to waste time chasing someone through the city. If my bullets are hitting the fleeing person or vehicle, they should take damage instead of being invincible until a certain checkpoint is reached. Missions like these are complete wastes of time.

I'm also not fond of the missions 'demolition man' and 'sexy time.' Come to think of it, most missions involving helicopters are not among my favorites.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

I've never finished GTA: SA because I coudn't pass OG Loc. Although, I think now I can.

Fortress
  • Fortress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Water Carry On! from GTA2.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

I've never finished GTA: SA because I coudn't pass OG Loc. Although, I think now I can.

What's so difficult about OG Loc's mission?

All you had to do, was follow the damn motorbike CJ!

• theGTAking101 and Vanto like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

I didn't have too many problems with the GTA 4 era helicopter missions... until I switched to PC...

Dear God those helicopter controls are MISERABLY optimized. I think it took me twenty tries to finish "Sexy Time".

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

All the missions that include spook meter, there just no fun. You want kill them right away.

All missions with certain timelimit , demolition man, or supply lines ( fuel is the 'timer' ).

These mission always feel like no fun or purpose instead of making things harder in a cheap way.

I really cant name hardest mission but worst is drive misty ( like first gta3 mission ), this also a typical no fun cheap mission you wouldnt mind if you could just skip.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

All the missions that include spook meter, there just no fun. You want kill them right away.

All missions with certain timelimit , demolition man, or supply lines ( fuel is the 'timer' ).

These mission always feel like no fun or purpose instead of making things harder in a cheap way.

I really cant name hardest mission but worst is drive misty ( like first gta3 mission ), this also a typical no fun cheap mission you wouldnt mind if you could just skip.

Well, Claude just arrived in Liberty and needed to gain Luigi's trust, so he would start with a typical 'boring' mission.

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Well, Claude just arrived in Liberty and needed to gain Luigi's trust, so he would start with a typical 'boring' mission.
What an easy way to gain the trust of a high ranking member of the Leone Family. Luigi is too retarded if that's it.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

What an easy way to gain the trust of a high ranking member of the Leone Family. Luigi is too retarded if that's it.

Well, Luigi would want to know that Claude isn't someone who'd mess with his girls, and he probably just got the call that Joey wanted a girl, so he needed to get someone fast. Claude was there and he was willing to do so for the money.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Probably either Under Surveillance or Paparazzi Purge. I'm terrible at missions with time limits.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

I totally agree on anything with a receding "meter". 

With maybe an exception or two, has anyone ever REALLY enjoyed a timed mission in a video game?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

I remember having trouble with "Farewell my love" when I was younger. I probably failed about 20 or 30 times because I kept falling into the water near the start. I had to have a friend of mine beat it for me. I also remember The Snow Storm from GTA IV being very difficult right when it came out. Took me about 5 tries to beat the first time. Now Ic an beat it in a single shot every-time.   

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:53 AM

If we're only talking about missions that generally just suck nothing beats "Scouting The Port" IMO.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

"Party's over" in TBOGT and "Freefall" in SA.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by ainsz, 09 April 2014 - 11:04 AM.

That mission in LCS where you had run a bunch of mobsters over remotely in a Rumpo. Only ever completed it once and my PSP's broke. Haven't been able to get passed it on PS2 and have never completed LCS. 

For just poor missions, the chain of missions you needed to unlock Wang Cars in SA.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

• III - Expresso 2 Go
  • VC - The Driver (I'm waaaay better at racing missions now that I'm older, though)
  • SA - N.O.E  (R.I.P keyboard)
  • IV - The Puerto Rican Connection (2nd time around is actually quite easy, but first time is a nightmare)
  • TLAD - Buyers Market
  • TBoGT - In The Crosshairs (Missions with snipers are a bitch)
  • V - The Big Score - Subtle (Enemies coming in from everywhere) 

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

What's so difficult about OG Loc's mission?

All you had to do, was follow the damn motorbike CJ!

I don't know why it really was that hard, but then when I was a little player I didn't really was able to do a lot of things at the same time.

Ourumov
  • Ourumov

Gracie Ancelotti >

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

The Snow Storm infuriated me for ages in GTA IV. 

• gtamann123 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:50 PM Edited by B Dawg, 09 April 2014 - 06:50 PM.

I didn't have too many problems with the GTA 4 era helicopter missions... until I switched to PC...

Dear God those helicopter controls are MISERABLY optimized. I think it took me twenty tries to finish "Sexy Time".

The first thing I did after installing GTA IV on PC, was plug in my Xbox 360 controller! f*ck keyboard and mouse, especially when weapons have no bulletspread when using the mouse.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:41 AM

The first thing I did after installing GTA IV on PC, was plug in my Xbox 360 controller! f*ck keyboard and mouse, especially when weapons have no bulletspread when using the mouse.

It's a double edged sword... I like a controller for vehicles, but a mouse and keyboard for on-foot... 

When I get to the museum mission in Gay Tony PC, I just might have to go full-controller. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users