A Question For The Racers Of GTA Online

37 replies to this topic
moostered
  • moostered

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

The Monroe because it's a much nicer car.Most z-types are in nasty colours and driven by people who have to slam into you to have any chance of winning.
  • Jolly SWAGman likes this

raidenrbs
  • raidenrbs

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

I'd go with the Monroe,I don't own one but i will when we get the extra garage space.

blue1
  • blue1

ŻŻŻŻŻ

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

I have both. I've won races with the Monroe against a lot of Z-types. On high speed maps with only a few turns you might be better off with a Z-type though.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

I've only driven the Z-Type a couple of times, but didn't really like it. The Monroe has a really good feel to for me, you just have to watch how you correct as it has a tendencies to "snap" back in the other direction. The Roosevelt is also a good choice if you are a good driver. Most of the GTA:O population would crash into something even if they were in an empty parking lot. But if you are racing against other people who know what they are doing, don't use the Roosevelt.

I prefer the Monroe. IMO, it looks better and drives better for my driving style. I drive in third person and do not like the aesthetics of the rear of the Z-Type.

No offense to you, but does anyone actually drive in first person?

I do, but that is mainly because I am a very competent driver in real life and not once have I ever driven my car in 3rd person IRL. In this game (and every game) I'm horrible at driving in 3rd person. I fly in first, drive in first, and wish the entire game was in first person view styled after Far Cry 3.

As long as you know where your vehicle is, keep an eye on the mini map, and have spacial awareness, you should have no problem driving in hood cam. 

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

<snip>

I do, but that is mainly because I am a very competent driver in real life and not once have I ever driven my car in 3rd person IRL. In this game (and every game) I'm horrible at driving in 3rd person. I fly in first, drive in first, and wish the entire game was in first person view styled after Far Cry 3.

As long as you know where your vehicle is, keep an eye on the mini map, and have spacial awareness, you should have no problem driving in hood cam. 

I just think the camera position is way off.  You don't drive in 3rd person IRL but I don't drive lying on my hood, haha.  If 1st person was more like Forza, I would drive like that in a heartbeat.  The camera is also too bouncy.  It's just uncomfortable to look at.

FC3 is a great game btw.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Everyone's forgotten about the Stinger & Stinger GT... :(

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:05 AM Edited by sD_Killer, 09 April 2014 - 03:16 AM.

Everyone's forgotten about the Stinger & Stinger GT... :(

NO THEY HAVEN'T I LOVE THE STINGER GT ITS MY FAV CLASSIC CAR, here are both of my classics   

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

and my Z-type 

0_0.jpg

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:12 AM

I've only driven the Z-Type a couple of times, but didn't really like it. The Monroe has a really good feel to for me, you just have to watch how you correct as it has a tendencies to "snap" back in the other direction.  

Yeah it gets really bad if you get nudged halfway through a turn.... usually by a gaudy-looking Z-Type.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users