A Question For The Racers Of GTA Online

37 replies to this topic
Marc30499
  • Marc30499

Delegado

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

My question is that I want to know which sports classic car is more competitive and which is good looking, Pegassi Monroe or Truffade Z-Type?

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

Z-Type is the better choice for racing.  But I personally think the Monroe looks a lot better.  I just can't really handle the understeer on the Monroe.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

The Z-Type is the best car in the sports classics class. It's really fast and handles better than the Monroe.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Sh*tdick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

Roosevelt
  • backward_axis and RDT33 like this

backward_axis
  • backward_axis

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

I prefer the Monroe. IMO, it looks better and drives better for my driving style. I drive in third person and do not like the aesthetics of the rear of the Z-Type.

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

Monroe

The Z-Type is just there to hog the road

Marc30499
  • Marc30499

Delegado

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:54 AM

Roosevelt

Honestly with the right driver a Roosevelt could be competitive and give the Monroe and Z-Type a challenge too
  • CaliMeatWagon likes this

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

You don't have enough badges to train me

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:55 AM Edited by BrownMattHall, 08 April 2014 - 02:55 AM.

the z type is the best racer, but not many people own a sports classic let alone the z type. so i run the monroe

Roosevelt

Honestly with the right driver a Roosevelt could be competitive and give the Monroe and Z-Type a challenge too

no it cant lmao

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Sh*tdick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

Roosevelt

My roosie has given me many wins against chrome types and chronroes with dollar rims.
Its stable and goood in turns top speed is a bit lacking
  • Marc30499 likes this

Marc30499
  • Marc30499

Delegado

• Members
  • None

the z type is the best racer, but not many people own a sports classic let alone the z type. so i run the monroe

Roosevelt

no it cant lmao
it may not have top speed but it has good grip and good acceleration when upgraded to the max

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

I prefer the Monroe. IMO, it looks better and drives better for my driving style. I drive in third person and do not like the aesthetics of the rear of the Z-Type.

No offense to you, but does anyone actually drive in first person?

• beachfan12 and backward_axis like this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

Roosevelt

no it cant lmao

This.

In my opinion the Z-Type can be compared to the Dominator, and the Monroe to the Gauntlet. The Monroe is slower but stickier.

Also the Z-Type is the best sounding vehicle in the game. :D

Modified vehicles only matter if you are racing with catch up OFF, however.

backward_axis
  • backward_axis

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

No offense to you, but does anyone actually drive in first person?
None taken. A friend of mine drives everything except MCs in first person. I can't stand it, but whatever works I guess. I just assume that there are others like him out there.
  • beachfan12 and RDT33 like this

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:11 AM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 08 April 2014 - 03:29 AM.

It is so much fun to drive in first person, too bad trying to race using it is about as hard as trying to use free aim in an assisted aiming lobby.

I would race all day in first person if they just put the camera where the character's head would be (some working mirrors would be nice too though).

OT:I use a Z-Type but I've heard the Monroe can be just as effective. The only thing is the thing weighs a metric sh*t ton more than the rest of its class (besides the Roosevelt) which is really nice when you're trying to fend off PITers as most of the time, they just bounce off.

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

You don't have enough badges to train me

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:16 AM

It is so much fun to drive in first person, too bad trying to race using it is about as hard as trying to use free aim in an assisted aiming lobby.

I would race all day in first person if they just put the camera where the character's head would be (some working mirrors would be nice too though).

id use it exclusively if the camera was fixed. wayyyyyy too much moving around the way it is now and leaves me feeling completely disconnected from the car

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

I prefer the Monroe OP but opinions are divided.  The Z-Type has a higher top speed but I find the handling to be much worse personally. Other people will tell you they love the handling on a Z-Type.  If catch up is on and you are in first I find handling to be much more important that speed and you need to rely on the others crashing or taking corners slower rather than relying on speed.The other thing to consider is that the Z-Type is heavier so will be less susceptible to pitting.

RTD33: I have heard a few people say they drive on first person. I think its terrible myself. 

one_-AFRO-_three
  • one_-AFRO-_three

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

yeah 1st person sucks. I would use it if the cam was pulled back a little (it's more of a hood cam now) and yes had mirrors!

joejuggernaut
  • joejuggernaut

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

All real racers know Any car is competitive in ever class other then offraod and service

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

All real racers know Any car is competitive in ever class other then offraod and service

Bullsh*t. So youre trying to tell us you can keep up to an Elergy in your Penumbra or a the Z-Type or Monroe in your Mannana?

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

I Iike the speed of the Z-Type, I just hate the ugly paint jobs people put on it. Chrome and hot pink, really?

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by Accendo, 08 April 2014 - 04:21 AM.

I drive almost exclusively in hood-cam. I find it way more engaging. The only issue with racing is when you're passing on a straight and the other driver can't keep a line while next to you.
If you like the really old-school look then go with the Z-type. It has the better performance too. If you prefer a sleeker ride then go with the Monroe. It's not quite as solid in performance as the Z-type but it's sexier, imo.

KingBishop96__
  • KingBishop96__

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

I like the monroe better because i let to powerslide around corners. So usually the cars with the least is grip are my favorited

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:27 AM Edited by sD_Killer, 08 April 2014 - 05:34 AM.

I have two classic cars in my garage right now one is the Z type and the other is a GT stinger. Not sure if tires make a big difference in this game but i put some sleek muscle tires on my GT stinger and it drifts like no tomorrow 

GT singer is my fav classic car just because of the drifting capability and the massive engine in the back view looks awesome. 

Edit: ill try and get a good pic, for the back engine of the GT stinger and post it here to show u guys, in the mean time take a look at my adder :D

0_0.jpg

• HirsuteDave and I3AZZAI2 like this

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

i test cars on a track i built that pretty much eliminates luck from the equation and just shows me which cars fit my driving style and preferences, and when i tested the Monroe against the Z-Type, the closest i got was around -2seconds. same goes for the Stingers. So, for me, the Z-type dominates the Sports Classic class.

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:48 AM Edited by sD_Killer, 08 April 2014 - 05:49 AM.

i test cars on a track i built that pretty much eliminates luck from the equation and just shows me which cars fit my driving style and preferences, and when i tested the Monroe against the Z-Type, the closest i got was around -2seconds. same goes for the Stingers. So, for me, the Z-type dominates the Sports Classic class.

In terms of "speed" yea the Z type is the fastest but when it comes to taken a sharp turn around a corner at high speeds, Its like trying to do  donuts around a sky-scraper with a jumbo jet just not gonna happen. Best thing you can do in that situation especially if your in a race is basically put your legs up past your head and try to kiss you arse good bye cause you will be crashing in about two seconds. 

• Marc30499 likes this

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

In terms of "speed" yea the Z type is the fastest but when it comes to taken a sharp turn around a corner at high speeds, Its like trying to do  donuts around a sky-scraper with a jumbo jet just not gonna happen. Best thing you can do in that situation especially if your in a race is basically put your legs up past your head and try to kiss you arse good bye cause you will be crashing in about two seconds. 

uhm... no. people crash in tight corners because they don't use their breaks before it is too late, not because of the car they drive.

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

I'd go with the corvette.  

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:01 AM Edited by sD_Killer, 08 April 2014 - 06:03 AM.

I'm not trying to be a downer but the Z-type literately has some of the worst turning, although i still really like the mafia look it has to it i feel like its more for looks then racing.

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

0_0.jpg

Not a fan of the prominent emblem but congrats on making one of the few good-looking Adders.

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

I think the monroe is a better race car than the z type.

However I did switch to the z type because I was getting run off the road by them in my monroe.

I will be happy to see ghosting come into play so I can go back to my monroe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users