Photo

Lag when recording with Fraps

2 replies to this topic
GTAFanLuca
  • GTAFanLuca

Just a GTA player

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

When I try to record with Fraps, the game goes well for about 1 - 2 minutes and then the lag simply 'hits' the game. I don't know what's wrong. I have to admit that I have a sh*tty PC:

-Intel ®Core ™2 Duo CPU

-T5250 @ 1.50 GHZ

-988 MHZ, 768 MB of RAM

-Windows XP, Home Edition, Service Pack 2

Despite being a sh*tty PC, I have a lot of precautions, yet, they don't work:

-lowest resolution (640x480)

-Widescreen is turned OFF

-I always restart the computer before beginning to record

-closing all programs

-recording on a hard disk that is very empty (91% procent is empty)

-recording with half-size

NOTE: This thing is purely skilled on LUCK, sometimes it may record without lag, sometimes with lag, but I want to record properly, I'm sick of trying to switch the settings of Fraps all day.

Please help.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

I'm afraid there's not much you can do with a config like that. At the most, I can suggest trying Dxtory or Total Screen Recorder. They have been found to be better than Fraps.

Also, if you have 2 separate HDDs, make sure you don't save the recorded files on the disk that contains the OS.

GTAFanLuca
  • GTAFanLuca

Just a GTA player

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'm afraid there's not much you can do with a config like that. At the most, I can suggest trying Dxtory or Total Screen Recorder. They have been found to be better than Fraps.

Also, if you have 2 separate HDDs, make sure you don't save the recorded files on the disk that contains the OS.

I have 3 HDDs, and no, they aren't on the one which contains the OS, thus, I want to turn the Frame Limiter ON, see what happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users