Quantcast

» «
Photo

What song did you unexpectedly enjoy in GTA V?

127 replies to this topic
MichaelDeTownley
  • MichaelDeTownley

Massive Fan

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

It has influenced me since IV with Vladivostok most of my music is now ethier Ukrainian or Romanian but from V i loved Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time on the Space channel its so catchy!

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

GTA as a whole has had a profound influence on my music tastes. I would still say that my favourite genre of music is 80s New Wave, and that's pretty much all down to playing Vice City when I was young.

This time, GTA V managed to introduce me to new modern music that I simply didn't really know existed. It's helped convince me that there is still good music out there, you just have to do a little digging, and it's had a profound impact on my music tastes by allowing me to modernise it a bit, it's truly been an eye opener really, and has inspired me to experiment with new sounds. I love the type of music on Radio Mirror Park, that sort of electronic indie and chillwave stuff - both in my opinion feel like modern resurgences of the 80s New Wave music I was talking about earlier, so that's really great. I also adore Worldwide FM, and Soulwax... and even certain parts of FlyLo. In fact, I love every single station, I think they did a great job o the soundtrack in this game. GTA V songs still make up a really large chunk of my current listening habits even all these months on, I've got Toro Y Moi playing as I type this...

• vozi45 likes this

Uhh-shon-tee
  • Uhh-shon-tee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:46 PM Edited by Uhh-shon-tee, 06 April 2014 - 05:47 PM.

The songs that got my attention were:

Inc. - The Place (check out their "no world" album )

Jai Paul - Jasmine

Thundercat - Oh Sheit It's X

But I'm so happy they put some classics in there like Mack 10, Ice Cube, and everything from The Lowdown 91.1.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Saturday Night's Alright for Fightiing.

Good song to Hype up during cop chases and shoot outs, especially if it's Saturday.

I never knew Elton John made songs like that.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by peluche503, 06 April 2014 - 06:48 PM.

I still like the IV soundtrack better but V has some great music. I'm in my mid 30s and grew up in a household that played music all the time so I knew all of LSRR and songs like Skeltons but 2 songs really grabbed me and those are Sleepwalking and Nine Is God.

IV's soundtrack kind of ruined it for me the only good radio station was LCRR, but as far as the rap station and funk stations GTA IV disappointed me. GTA V has better rap and funk stations than IV but I do think LSRR is equal to LCRR. Well this is my opinion, but I think my gripe mainly comes from the lack of great rap songs.

Guelah Papyrus
  • Guelah Papyrus

90% of everything is crap.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

Saturday Night's Alright for Fightiing.

Good song to Hype up during cop chases and shoot outs, especially if it's Saturday.

I never knew Elton John made songs like that.

His early career stuff is fantastic. Once you hit "Philadelphia Freedom", it's time to stop listening to him, IMHO.

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

no Hendrix no doors no led zep no pink Floyd no beatles was a bit of a let down

• MilezDawg likes this

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:18 AM

Jane Child-Don't Wanna Fall In Love
  • crisissasix and vozi45 like this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

Music Sounds Better With You

Lady - Modjo

And as annoying as it is... that mexican song that goes BIBIBIIBIBIDDPBIDPBIPDBIDPBIPBIPIDp does get less sh*ttier when you listen to it the 50000th time

• Tali vas Normandy and vozi45 like this

vozi45
  • vozi45

>Abort, Retry, Fail?_

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

I am surprised at how much of my music knowledge comes from video games. I liked "Convoy", "Hood Gone Love It", "Don't Wanna Fall In Love", "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way", and lots more.

And I like the song that comes from the Carbonizzare's exhaust pipe.
  • Itzreality likes this

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:40 AM Edited by Ne0nLiteZ, 07 April 2014 - 05:41 AM.

For some reason i LOVE the song west end girls. And nine is god. Starting to like that poppy electronic type of rock on vbr a lot.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

GTA V doesn't have the best songs in GTA games. My taste for music is quite different. The only song I like in GTA V is, "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake" by Small Faces.

Itzreality
  • Itzreality

A title.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by Itzreality, 07 April 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Easily the best song on Mirror Park.

• Tali vas Normandy likes this

El Chinx Ántrax is my hero ツ

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Twin Shadow - Old/New Love.

I thought it was good song. I knew most the new/old hip-hop, Pop, mirror park, rock & funk station artist/band's I knew and had already the heard and have the song. Never heard Twin Shadow but most other song's from Twin Shadow aren't as impressive to me as the song; Old/New Love.

My father had a old CD of 70's-80's-90's artist in a genre mix of top hits and Eddie Murphy song (Party) was on the CD. Only, back when I heard it come on I thought it was Rick James, and I was younger when heard it so I didn't look at the CD track list or if I did, don't remember. When I heard it in the game from hijacking a car I knew I heard it and seen Eddie Murphy name I was shocked.

Spexo
  • Spexo

Tread lightly...

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

Basically, everything on FlyLo FM and Radio Mirror Park. Garbage - Tyler The Creator, Heart In The Pipes (KAUF Remix) - Tony Castles. Just to name a couple songs I'm addicted to on the game.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Dude I can't stand country music but I ended up not minding the country music. Probably because it was more manly and redneck instead of sissy love songs about tractor infatuations. My favorite song is "Are You Sure Hank Don't It This Way?"

Gets me fired up to drive a fast truck and blow some sh*t up.

Wov4ik-
  • Wov4ik-

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

on mirror park some nice songs like battle tapes-feel the same and chain gang-sleepwalking. and lots of good songs on west coast classic like geto boys-mind playing tricks and ice cube-this how we doit

rock radio is also great don jon,billy squer,kenny loggins,def lepard

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

Johnny Cash - The General Lee

Love it when I'm taking off from Sandy Shores airstrip and that starts playing. Very,very cool.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

Slow Ride from Foghat

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

Haemaglobatribin, don't know what the f*ck he's talkin about but it's a funky tune. Also when drivin through south LS, I like 'mind playin tricks on me', suits the vibe IMO.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Zaibatsu
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

I enjoyed West Coast Classics.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:46 PM Edited by Midnightz, 09 April 2014 - 10:47 PM.

Did you listen to a song in GTA V for the first time and ended up loving it?
For me Big Log by Robert Plant. It is such a good song and I am surprised that I never heard it before.
How about you?

Yes. Nissim – The Gaslamp Killer which is this one:

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Although I think that GTA V's soundtrack is the worst ever in a GTA game, the only song that I never heard before that I liked is the 'Change Of Coast, Change Of Heart' song. It has a GTA feel to it. Other than that GTA V soundtrack is disgusting and unlistenable.

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

Convoy

I always check the county radio station every 5 minutes  because of it

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Uhmm...Convoy.

Wov4ik-
  • Wov4ik-

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=KbrbVMp6650

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

General Lee

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Uhmm...Convoy.

They even had BEARS in the AIR!!  I LOVE THIS SONG!

Poolside- Do you believe. I can't believe no one listed this song yet. I've played it at parties and such, and people always ask who it is... And the instrumental breakdown on it is straight from the 80's!!!

100's - Life of a Mack... I never turn that song off, I love it's intro, and the rap style reminds me of the San Andreas era of hip hop.

DIrty White Boy- Foreigner... For some reason I don't hear this song much in game.

Pet Shop Boys- West End Girls. The first time I heard the song in this game.

Like every GTA before this one... I listen to EVERY STATION.

I'm black, my parents liked that soul kinda stuff, and pop, and R&B... I got into alternative, and eventually punk and still play in a rock kind of band, but before I settled with rock music as my forte, I played a bit of folk and country guitar kinda stuff. My music taste is usually rock, but I genuinely like all types of music. I'm the one straight guy that can admit whoever writes Beibers songs isn't a bad song writer... With that being said I usually skip Non Stop pop.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

West Coast Classic - GTA V and Radio Los Santos - GTA SA are the best radio stations in EVERY GAME!!!

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:24 PM Edited by CalgaryJay, 10 April 2014 - 06:26 PM.

Yes, it definitely introduced me to some great tracks. My music I.Q. is bad, I don't know who anyone is besides what I hear on the radio, so I like all these lesser known tracks R* introduced me to. I was surprised by how much I like Radio Mirror Park station, almost my go-to station now. Songs V introduced me to that I enjoy now:

Sleepwalking - Chain Gang

Little White Lie - Living Days

Fire Doesn't Burn Itself - Sam Flax

Radio Ga Ga - Queen

Adult Education - Hall & Oates (as a big 80's music fan, can't believe I had never heard that track before)

C-Walk - Kurupt

Hood Gone Love It - Jay Rock / Kendrick

A.D.H.D. - Kendrick Lamar (LOVE this one)

Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way - Waylon Jennings

Can't Hardly Stand It - Charlie Feathers

And I know I've already listen 3 of em here, but you can pretty much add any of the songs from all the GTA V ads over the past couple years. Love em all, especially because whenever I hear them now, I think of GTA V. I know there's been some complaints about V's soundtrack, and in the "Songs cut from V" thread I was sad to see some all-timers for me on there, like Everybody Wants to Rule the World and Rack City. But over-all, I'm a fan of V's soundtrack. I thought it was pretty solid, with a nice mix of genres.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users