Time Passes Too Quickly

39 replies to this topic
KenniCrazy
  • KenniCrazy

Run Up or Get Done Up

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

You think time in GTA 5 is too fast? Play GTA San Andreas.

livejoker
  • livejoker

I'm Herbert Moooooooon!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

I won't bother with math because I suck at it but I agree; time is really short in GTA V.

While it felt nice in GTA IV because you would speed everywhere and the map was smaller (it was big when you think about it...just not by much) but in GTA V I go about 10 mph faster than the A.I (they go 30mph from the speed limit signs on the road). If I'm Michael and I'm at his house, I go to his garage to get my offroad Baller because I'm a rich, retired man that wants to go offroading in my spare time, stop at a shop on the highway (next to the gunshop, you know that one on the highway) and make my way to Chiliad eating a snack. By the time I've reached Chiliad (by passing Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay and arriving at the dirt road that leads up Chiliad near the lumberjack site), it's already sunset. I would prefer a passing of time more realistically but a freeeze time cheat would be as good (I would rather see the sun SLOWLY set, though).

JB05
  • JB05

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I think they set clock slower. It seems like there is much longer days now.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

GTA 4 FANBOY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The day time in this game is short. I remember in vice city and san an I would use the slow down time cheat to cruise and explore the map.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by NYC PATROL, A week ago.

It's 2 seconds per in game minute in V. I'd love if they made it longer to enjoy the map at certain times of the day. (It was 2 seconds in IV also.)

This is how long an in game 24 hour day would be if they changed it:

3 seconds per min. = 1 hour 12 min. real time

4 seconds per min. = 1 hour 36 min. real time

5 seconds per min =    2 hours real time

6 seconds per min. = 2 hours 24 min. real time

But we'll be lucky if they even do bump it up to 3 seconds in the future. If making the days longer

alters the gameplay in a negative way then they won't do it.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

So people are bitching about the TIME in the game now? Jesus.

• Jehannum likes this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Mission timers would be extended wouldn't they? the ones that use the time? I guess the smoke in the water missions would be easier with 12 minutes instead of 4.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Rat

• Members

Posted A week ago

it fits the world size i think...

i mean the world size is shortened, too, right? Sandy Shores is supposed to be a few hours from LS

1 hour in game is about 2 minutes... takes about 4-6 minutes to drive from LS to SS so that makes it a few hours drive

and you can drive around the entire map during the day pretty easily... i know the OP is a pretty old post but it certainly doesn't take 12 minutes to drive to the mountain base from hollywood hills :p even if you roleplay stopping at gas stations

i actually like longer days in some games... when World of Warcraft had a 24 hour clock, so perfectly in sync with real life, I looooooved it

but WoW is a huge big open world game

I think the 48 minute day fits the size of GTAV  :blink: i dunno it would seem weird if it was much slower cuz the world isn't huge

you'd have weird story missions like some of the ones that start at a certain time a day and are supposed to end at another time of day in a very different part of the map. the time of day fits the world size, and how the story USES the world wise, pretty well

if it was slower, you'd have missions where they were driving across the state and doing all this stuff and time barely change and the sun barely moved... it's better when the sun rises and sets and it becomes dark during these missions imo

manu90mala
  • manu90mala

Flash Fm

• Members

Posted A week ago

The solution is always the same : customization options.

You go to options, select the time rate scale you want, and we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Rat

• Members

Posted A week ago

that's a bad option when they game and story lore is designed around a static day duration

there are numerous missions that work based on the current day progressing at X speed for both the cinematic events and the lore

customization could apply only to free roam.... still screws up the lore but i guess that's more ok

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users