GTA 6 in Liberty City again?

209 replies to this topic
Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Don't get me wrong LC is one of the best cities for a GTA game, but other cities should come first now, like Las Venturas, San Fierro etc.

We should wait a few years, then create an ultimite GTA in LC, with suburbs, countryside, --> mainland

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

hope this is a joke . i'm done with LC city . and frankly everywhere i look i see people that would like to see Vice city again . Miami and Florida has a fantastic potential (boats , sea planes , storyline ..) not choosing VC would be incomprehensible . unless R* has gone mad and suddenly decided to let down PC consumers .. for me it's simple there were 2 LC , 2 SA now we need beautiful turquoise seas , with islands to explore , with cubans , haïtians and Porto ricans , and a Miami beach with flashy pink , blue and green everywhere where i can cruise with my Daytona cabriolet between 2 flights over the Bahamas smile_amour.gif

• matajuegos01 likes this

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

I just wanna die with something that matters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

I doubt gta 6 will be in LC again. I know DJ whoo Kidd well, as I listen to his radio station all the time, so, what will most likely happen is that LC will be added as a map to GTA:O sometime in the future, and he will be the radio DJ for the hip hop station. Anything else is unlikely...

RedAngelYardKing
  • RedAngelYardKing

Mangano

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

DLC guys, DLC.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

After GTA IV and it's episodes? That's the equivalent of 3 games in that city. What more can they do? I know people like new york, but jesus.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

After GTA IV and it's episodes? That's the equivalent of 3 games in that city. What more can they do? I know people like new york, but jesus.

If you count CTW there's 4.

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

It's going to be an expansion for Online. Rockstar already said they'd love to get old cities in Online at some stage.

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

With the next gen GTA V announcement it would make sense that they take GTA IV's Liberty City, update it to next gen quality, put in the new game play features and all of the new things that GTA V had and release it as an expensive DLC for those versions.

It would kill two birds with one stone as well because...

A) it gives more reasons for people to upgrade to the next gen version.

B) It sets out Liberty City already for the next gen consoles, so they don't have to potentially remake it again and instead can focus on Vice City later ( if they want to do that ) as well.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

It's too early to think about hiring DJs and such for GTA VI casting. This comes at the later stages of development. I don't believe that this has anything to do with the next major installment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise. In fact, anyone, who believes so, is crazy. 

Why start casting for a game that will most likely not release until 2017 at earliest? again, crazy. 

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

And then GTA 7, 8, 9, and 10 can be in LC also! Why the f*ck not? I mean, Vice City has had what, two games set in it total? But sure, let's go back to new york for, let's see, counting GTA 1 and II and III and LCS, that's 8 times we've been there?

9th time's the charm? Like, I get it. I like new york too. I also like ice cream, but that doesn't mean I'm going to put up with constant brain freeze.

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Chargerô

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Liberty City was as a state? Sounds interesting. I wonder if Rockstar will take a sudden turn towards Liberty City, after all they did GTA IV in a different era of Liberty City. I hope this turns out to be true. It'd be great to have a detailed state around LC with countryside, towns, alive cities, more interiors, realistic environment, stock market and other GTA V features with improved vehicle system. It'd be really awesome. Nothing would be able to outshine the idea. I wonder how far this is true.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

hey crabman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Lexty., 4 weeks ago.

I'd actually much prefer Liberty City over Vice City, it has much, much more potential. So here's hoping this turns out to be true.

How so? Vice hasn't been recreated in the HD universe, so it is quite hard to judge.

countryside, towns, alive cities, more interiors, realistic environment, stock market and other GTA V features with improved vehicle system. It'd be really awesome.

... couldn't they do that with a Vice City State (Flordia).

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Chargerô

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'd actually much prefer Liberty City over Vice City, it has much, much more potential. So here's hoping this turns out to be true.

How so? Vice hasn't been recreated in the HD universe, so it is quite hard to judge.

countryside, towns, alive cities, more interiors, realistic environment, stock market and other GTA V features with improved vehicle system. It'd be really awesome.

Florida's not really a place where you'd like to add countryside and wildlife. Also, Towns around Vice City would just ruin the coast city theme. Well, it's my opinion of it.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 4 weeks ago.

Florida's not really a place where you'd like to add countryside and wildlife. Also, Towns around Vice City would just ruin the coast city theme. Well, it's my opinion of it.

I really hope the next GTA DOES NOT take place in Vice city because it would benefit the series to be set in a new location Maybe in the Future set it in Vice but not the next GTA game and What the f*ck do you mean not a place to add countryside and wildlife? Have you ever heard of the Everglades? Swamps,alligators,mosquitoes and sh*t...

And with cities around Vice if we ever visit it again it would be nice to see Tampa and Orlando if the map can support them because these cities are very far apart and the quality would be some crap taking away the vibe and feel of them like SF and LV they were some sh*t in SA and didn't feel nothing like their real life counterparts. If not just add in Palm Beach County or Homestead. I do agree that the main focus should be on Vice so it could be more detailed and look better kinda like LC in IV except with more to it than just the city as long as its not like V im good

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I really hope the next GTA DOES NOT take place in Vice city because it would benefit the series to be set in a new location Maybe in the Future set it in Vice but not the next GTA game and What the f*ck do you mean not a place to add countryside and wildlife? Have you ever heard of the Everglades? Swamps,alligators,mosquitoes and sh*t...
And with cities around Vice if we ever visit it again it would be nice to see Tampa and Orlando if the map can support them because these cities are very far apart and the quality would be some crap taking away the vibe and feel of them like SF and LV they were some sh*t in SA and didn't feel nothing like their real life counterparts. If not just add in Palm Beach County or Homestead. I do agree that the main focus should be on Vice so it could be more detailed and look better kinda like LC in IV except with more to it than just the city as long as its not like V im good
But Los Santos and Vice City are both Mediterranean climate regions. And tbh, id rather have the next location take place in a completely different climate. A game set in winter would be nice for a change.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

For god's sake! people, how many times you want to play in LC, again and again?????
Its just pointless, and unfair !!!
Please, don't f*ckin' ruin the franchise more with LC crap, rather its time for Vice City, the incredibly awesome one to revisit.
  • Tomasak and matajuegos01 like this

thedriver111
  • thedriver111

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

if it is in LC , with next gen capabilities , it could feature all of Liberty State which would awesome and i loved LC in IV and really want to return to it but with Vs features & gameplay. As for DJ Whoo Kid , he will most likely be a radio host

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm still putting my money on DJ Whoo Kid lying about it for popularity like Kavinsky did with his station for GTA 5.

• Zello likes this

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

BOOM!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nah, I hope it will be in Las Venturas, and the first DLC being some kind of V's The Valentine's Day update, but permanently :)

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

if it is in LC , with next gen capabilities , it could feature all of Liberty State which would awesome and i loved LC in IV and really want to return to it but with Vs features & gameplay. As for DJ Whoo Kid , he will most likely be a radio host

Oh god, the last thing we need is a mission to save some dude or a package before he/it goes down Niagara falls.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I doubt gta 6 will be in LC again. I know DJ whoo Kidd well,

And what makes you think we'll believe you, or that he will have inside information? Just because he consults with Rockstar does not mean he gets info on a game they haven't even created yet.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Probably unrelated, but how long was V in development?

Someone posted a link where it says 3 years and not the assumed 5 years. I cant find the link though. Anyone here knows more about this?

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Probably unrelated, but how long was V in development?

Someone posted a link where it says 3 years and not the assumed 5 years. I cant find the link though. Anyone here knows more about this?

It's 4 years 

http://www.theguardi...auto-dan-houser

Grand Theft Auto V arrives after four years of development

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I hope it doesn't take longer than four years for VI. I'm already going to be twenty-seven by then...

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

hey crabman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

There is countryside in Florida and why wouldn't it suit the theme? L.A and Miami's climate are two totally different things. They could include Vice city (Miami) which would be on the east coast of the state, Tampa which is on the west coast of the state and Orlando which is North - all in between being countryside which could include Lake Okeechobee and even The Everglades. It would be nothing like GTA V, geographically. 

Tampa, FL.

tampa_01.jpg

Orlando, FL

Orlando.jpeg

Lake Okeechobee

7-9945.jpg

Everglades

aerialshotenp.jpg

I mean, why wouldn't Rockstar do this?

• Zello likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

^ I live in Florida and all joking aside, I would actually like to see Vice City as the next location, preferably in the 1980s. It's got all the rednecks, cocaine boom, crazy news, and other stuff that makes Florida what it is.

• Zello likes this

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

hey crabman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Lexty., 2 weeks ago.

I don't even think that it needs to be set in the 1980's. Of course in reality, Miami's glory days were in the 1980's but what if in the GTA universe, nothing had changed. In fact, what if it was even worse, brutal and more hostile? The police force are petty compared to the streets of the state and the people. The drug market is at its peak, under the new government even more Cuban refugees are arriving and new mobs are arising from the abyss.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't even think that it needs to be set in the 1980's. Of course in reality, Miami's glory days were in the 1980's but what if in the GTA universe, nothing had changed. In fact, what if it was even worse, brutal and more hostile? The police force are petty compared to the streets of the state and the people. The drug market is at its peak, under the new government even more Cuban refugees are arriving and new mobs are arising from the abyss.

I dunno, I'd much rather see a GTA in the past seeing as the last two GTA games were set in the modern times. I wouldn't have a problem with it being in the present day, that is if the past two GTA games didn't rely on current trends as their source of humor/commentary. It was pretty annoying hearing the same political, cultural, etc. jokes in GTA 5 as you heard in GTA 4.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

People who think Vice City could only be in the 80's aren't thinking outside of the box, which is what GTA is all about.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 2 weeks ago

Modern VC would be interesting.  Restricting VC to just the 1980s isn't the right way to go IMO. VC and VCS already covered that. What would a HD VC set in 1980s achieve that VC and VCS didn't besides the city looking amazing with bright neons and such in HD?

• Pumpkin Zone likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users