GTA 6 in Liberty City again?

209 replies to this topic
LowiPL
  • LowiPL

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

gta_lcs_manual_large-305x579-custom.jpg?

martz136
  • martz136

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

Why do liberty city a 3rd time. They need to have a totally new location. Why don't we have any foreign gtas yet. Uk, Russia, Mexico. Something new

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Why do liberty city a 3rd time. They need to have a totally new location. Why don't we have any foreign gtas yet. Uk, Russia, Mexico. Something new

No, just no. It wouldn't work. Liberty City, make it happen!

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Actually, u forget GTA 1, GTA Advance and GTA Liberty City Stories.

They done it more than 3 times.

I'd definitely play it. How about a 40's LC based on NYC like The Godfather? That would be awesome. I think the dark, gritty, modern day feel should stay unique to IV IMO. 

Featuring Jon Gravelli in younger years as protagonist.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

I'd definitely play it. How about a 40's LC based on NYC like The Godfather? That would be awesome. I think the dark, gritty, modern day feel should stay unique to IV IMO. 

That wont happen. Never. Thats MAFIA territory. They wont make a MAFIA copy. MAFIA already did that setting really good. Except that the Story has chapters with different Time Frames.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:45 PM Edited by Emmi, 09 April 2014 - 04:49 PM.

I can say it yet another time. The reimagination of R*s version of New York State hasn't even scratched the surface of what would be possible in any of the GTA games - set in Liberty City - released so far, so it would just make sense to go back there, knowing that they have decent power now to make something proper happen. I'm excited!

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:55 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 09 April 2014 - 04:58 PM.

GTA London 1969 in 1999 (set in London) but with 2/3D graphics and top-down view,aint that foreign (even if it wont be hd re-imagined again)?

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:48 PM Edited by Emmi, 09 April 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Now tell me, who doesn't want to revisit Liberty City??? Best GTA setting!

202b8120ee33a87b268e6bb0a7a4b76f.jpg

libertycitywalkabout053.jpg

libertycitywalkabout037.jpg

• SonOfLiberty, Katve and nobum62 like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Is that a graphics mod? 

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:50 PM

No, just no.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

I would like to revist LC in the future but not anytime soon IV was released not soo long ago and is still fresh LC has been done a lot of times and people wanna see something different. I would like to see a Prequel to IV set in the 1990s NYC was big in the 90's the Crime, The mayor trying to clean up the city, The Yankees, The City was changing I would like playing as Dwayne and controling his empire or Playing as Manny Escuela in Bohan before he changed his ways maybe even In Alderney Playing as Ray or Phil rising up in the Pegorino family. I wouldn't mind though if it was something like a stories game or DLC or maybe if LC was just added to online but if its like the next major installment hell no.

xerofyre
  • xerofyre

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Liberty City has been overdone.. It's time for something new.

The only way I would ever want Liberty City in GTA VI, would be if we got all 3 cities (Entire Libery, Vice and San Andreas)

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

I would love another Liberty City setting ! I know lot of people would dislike idea of doing same city again, but my ideal GTA VI would be in LC. 

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

no i want a new city 

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

As a person who felt that it was too soon to properly give San Andreas a makeover, I'd definitly feel as if Liberty City is too soon. GTA:IV felt like New York, looked like it, what more do you want? Besides a graphics upgrade not much else can happen. Vice City could have actually been improved in the PS3/360 generation considering the size. Yet they decided to cut San Andreas into a third of what it was. Bigger doesn't mean more interesting. A bigger Liberty City doesn't mean better, wait until it can be fully improved beyond your dreams or you'll end up with only one island blown out of proportion.

• matajuegos01 likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

As a person who felt that it was too soon to properly give San Andreas a makeover, I'd definitly feel as if Liberty City is too soon. GTA:IV felt like New York, looked like it, what more do you want? Besides a graphics upgrade not much else can happen. Vice City could have actually been improved in the PS3/360 generation considering the size. Yet they decided to cut San Andreas into a third of what it was. Bigger doesn't mean more interesting. A bigger Liberty City doesn't mean better, wait until it can be fully improved beyond your dreams or you'll end up with only one island blown out of proportion.

More enterable buildings, more interactive stuff like the lifts, countryside/libery city state instead of just the city, graphics on par with the graphics from The Division's New York would increase the "New York Feeling" even more.

There is a lot to improve and add to make Liberty City a lot better.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

More enterable buildings, more interactive stuff like the lifts, countryside/libery city state instead of just the city, graphics on par with the graphics from The Division's New York would increase the "New York Feeling" even more.

But this will be a first GTA of the new console generation. It's a learning curve for them and to expect improvements is a bit too hopefull. Look at how much was lost going from GTA SA to IV. Liberty City fans would be more rewarded with a non-first-gen GTA, rather than being the beta test that it's been the past to gens.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

But this will be a first GTA of the new console generation. It's a learning curve for them and to expect improvements is a bit too hopefull. Look at how much was lost going from GTA SA to IV. Liberty City fans would be more rewarded with a non-first-gen GTA, rather than being the beta test that it's been the past to gens.

I know we lost a lot in GTA4. Those things arent even in GTA5. But I guess they will still use the RAGE engine for Next Gen. This would mean that they have already a lot of experience with it. And if we look at GTA5, graphics like The Division wouldnt be that far away for a Next Gen only GTA6

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

Is the Rage engine getting used in this gen also? If so, then I suppose more can be gained in a first-of-a-gen GTA.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Is the Rage engine getting used in this gen also? If so, then I suppose more can be gained in a first-of-a-gen GTA.

Yes seeing that Rage can handle 1080p

thesmileys
  • thesmileys

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

I hope it's in Liberty City and featuring Carcer City, considering how it's not that far.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

Bump. 

Now maybe, just maybe, the game's not only set in Liberty City, but all the major cities of GTA. That'll be a dream(of mine) come true.

• Smaher. likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:54 AM

Only if it's got more sh*t in it than bowling and cabaret clubs this time around.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

I think that DJ who kid is a liar just like Kavinsky was with nightride FM.
  • xXGst0395Xx likes this

Chips237
  • Chips237

Ruining your lives since 1637

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Bump. 

Now maybe, just maybe, the game's not only set in Liberty City, but all the major cities of GTA. That'll be a dream(of mine) come true.

I hoped this for GTA V and never happened.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Bump. 

I hoped this for GTA V and never happened.

Of course, the current gen can't handle that kind of detail. NG is made to be easier especially for programmers to use.

• Smaher. likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Only if it's got more sh*t in it than bowling and cabaret clubs this time around.

I know right? There's nothing else at all.

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by toxluv, 01 August 2014 - 03:16 PM.

I believe that GTAVI will be set in a contemporary Vice City, although I always wished to see San Fierro and Las Venturas again. Also considering the fact that GTA Online is a dynamic and costantly growing world, it would be nice to see an HD rendition of the entire State of San Andreas in future.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:52 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 29 May 2014 - 12:54 AM.

I'm so sick of Liberty City, they already made the most detailed rendition in GTA IV, why would they need to go further? I'd rater have Vice City with surrounding swamps, Florida bitches!

On second thought though, maybe this will be a handheld spin-off (e.g the Stories games), not a main installment.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:03 AM Edited by TheMcSame, 01 June 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Because R*, a company known to be very secretive, is going to tell some DJ what place the unreleased game (which probably isn't in development if it's GTA) takes place in...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users