Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 6 in Liberty City again?

209 replies to this topic
gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Buy an old drop top and find a place to pimp.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

I don't think a seasonal cycle would be too much. There's a lot more space on the discs to put all the needed textures.

yea, but it is a lot of work. The question is if its worth the time and money.
You have to write a story that isnt influenced by weather, different physics, different mini-games and activities probably. They would have to keep the world believable through all seasons.
They could just have the seasons progress as the story progressed like in Mafia 2

but that wouldnt be a cycle and I wouldnt want to have different time frames.
I didnt like it in MAFIA 2 

I didn't mean having it in different time frames. It doesn't take yeaes for it to go from winter to summer. I just meant that it could be winter for a certain amount of missions. And then some of the snow will melt over the course of a few. Then it will be summer. You could also have the story split up into chapters and one chapter could jump ahead a month and a visible season change could have occured. Like in bully

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:36 AM Edited by iNero, 05 April 2014 - 12:42 AM.

it still like 6 months which is a different time frame. And that system would be horrendous for GTA.

It might work in MAFIA where the focus is on the story telling

you also have to move on again, which is again a year or so. 

and at the end you would have a season which stays after you finished the story

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

I guess I'm the only one not wanting to go back to Liberty City. Somewhere new for f*cks sake. Stop recreating your recreation of recreated cities. Put those "45 years" worth of ideas to use. Then again, I can see the next gta being GTA: Online Stories.
  • B Dawg and Mr Scratch like this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:23 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 05 April 2014 - 01:26 AM.

I love NYC obviously but something has gotta be lost in translation. Idk it just doesn't make sense to go back to NY so soon for a main GTA.

Now, if it is infact true well it better be like their original IV idea which was NY state. It included upstate NY and everything. The city would also need to be a lot larger. I mean look at my signature below. There is a ton more they could do. R*s only enemy is time.

Yes, your signature is really outdated. But I get what you're saying.

Huh? My signature picture is from like early last year lol.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:23 AM

What if it isn't GTA VI, but a side game like VC and SA were?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:26 AM

That was my idea too.

They have the engine and everything. Guess they could make a new game withing 2-3 years. 

But then again, they didnt make them beween 4 and 5.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

That was my idea too.

They have the engine and everything. Guess they could make a new game withing 2-3 years. 

But then again, they didnt make them beween 4 and 5.

Well, we did have Chinatown Wars and the Episodes From Liberty City.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

Chinatown Wars was mobile and Episodes of LC was a DLC, so...

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

Chinatown Wars was mobile and Episodes of LC was a DLC, so...

Still, they were spin-off stories and not main series games.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

This is most likely about adding Liberty City to GTA Online.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:02 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 05 April 2014 - 02:02 AM.

Shouldn't this topic be in GTA Series Chat?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

it still like 6 months which is a different time frame. And that system would be horrendous for GTA.

I guess it just all depend on how you look at the story. If I could have it my way I would have the story take place over like 9 months. Using a chapter system similar to Bully to push the time forward and advance through the seasons. Bully wpuld be a better comparison than Mafia 2 I guess. Because in Bully the chapter contain individual missions and jump for war in time. In Mafia 2 each chapter is like its own mission and only jumps ahead once when he goes to prison.

So the model I would use for a GTA with different seasons would be a Bully style chapter system.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:31 AM Edited by iNero, 05 April 2014 - 02:34 AM.

I guess it just all depend on how you look at the story. If I could have it my way I would have the story take place over like 9 months. Using a chapter system similar to Bully to push the time forward and advance through the seasons. Bully wpuld be a better comparison than Mafia 2 I guess. Because in Bully the chapter contain individual missions and jump for war in time. In Mafia 2 each chapter is like its own mission and only jumps ahead once when he goes to prison.

So the model I would use for a GTA with different seasons would be a Bully style chapter system.

And thats exactly what would be bullsh*t. at least in GTA.

And like I mentioned, at the end of the story you would have to stay at the given season.

I hate such chapter systems in open world games... its just stupid

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:03 AM Edited by gtamann123, 05 April 2014 - 03:05 AM.

Oh well I guess its just a matter of opinion. I think it worked perfctly in Bully so I personally think it would work well in GTA. But To each their own. And at the end of the story if you wanted to go back and play in the snow you could use the mission replay I guess.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

No, they should take their time. V took 5 years, so this should take even longer if they want to take full horsepower of new consoles.

Btw, I hope it's set in the past. I'm tired of current era GTAs. IV and V both didn't have that atmosphere that SA and VC had.

Damn SO that makes GTA5 the first GTA game in the 2010s decade,lol i just woke up so i a dont really know what i am saying :lol:

Shouldn't this topic be in GTA Series Chat?

I was going to say the same thing but lol you beat me to it...although it should stay on this section i guess (but hey i am no mod).

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:15 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 05 April 2014 - 03:16 AM.

Imo the reason why V took so long is because R* North offered helping hands to get RDR, LA Noire and Max Payne finished.

If R* North goes right into full development for VI and solely sticks to what they have to do, we could see a new one by 2017.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

Imo the reason why V took so long is because R* North offered helping hands to get RDR, LA Noire and Max Payne finished.

If R* North goes right into full development for VI and solely sticks to what they have to do, we could see a new one by 2017.

True talk bro,but in 2017 GTA would be 20 so is a GTA game possible that year?

anyways Red Dead Franchise (2004-2014) is a spiritual spin-off series from GTA...but yeah North could maybe finish working on the first Next-Gen GTA game in 2016 (i guess).

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:22 AM Edited by iNero, 05 April 2014 - 03:22 AM.

Id rather have a new RDR this or next year than waiting another 4 - 5 years for GTA 6.

I dont say such a long time is bad, but imo it is too long these days. We see so many games going for a release once a year, simply because they have the ressources and the modern tools to create a game much faster.

I really like the waiting for a new GTA and all the analysing and teasing, but I really dont wanna wait 5 years for the next game.

Imo they could make a new one much quicker and have the same quality.

• NYC PATROL likes this

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

looking at modded GTA4 makes me want this to be true even more

*images*

Don't trust those.

I have a gaming PC and have tried that ENB bullcrap on IV, they all look like absolute crap unless you cherry-pick the pictures like crazy. All of those pictures are hand-picked from hundreds of crappy ones, it never looks like that when you're actually playing.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by iNero, 05 April 2014 - 03:50 AM.

looking at modded GTA4 makes me want this to be true even more

*images*

Don't trust those.

I have a gaming PC and have tried that ENB bullcrap on IV, they all look like absolute crap unless you cherry-pick the pictures like crazy. All of those pictures are hand-picked from hundreds of crappy ones, it never looks like that when you're actually playing.

He used too much sharpening filder when editing the video, but it almost looks like those screens

or

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:23 AM Edited by Emmi, 05 April 2014 - 06:23 AM.

Seasons in GTA, no probably not and I'm not sure if I'd even like it that much. That's a thing for a game like Bully (one of a kind game) where it actually makes sense. In a GTA game however it'd say it would be better to have one area covered in snow (believable area) amongst the summer setting or so or a dedicated snow area where u can book a flight at Fly US to get there or so, unlike GTAV where it's just for 2 missions (so much wasted potential unless it's used for DLC)

Liberty City State is still where GTA can meet its full potential when it's done properly. Just a side note: I'll never understand why there was no parachute in the original GTA IV, it would have added to the experience, at least for me. Now I tend to play EfLC all the time, not only for the sake of a parachute but it plays a big role of course, at least for me.

I ❤ LC

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

An example of a "New GTA" = GTA EFLC...GTA Chinatown Wars...GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony...

Being set in the same place as IV, they're still a different GAME of their own, having their own story(or focus), gameplay elements..

Though that doesn't make them full games.

Back on topic.

If this is true, then we're most likely going to see CJ again. There was an interview back then. It was about the 3 protags' VAs being envious to Chris Bellard(CJ's VA). Also, Shawn Fonteno - Franklin's VA, had been collaborating with Chris Bellard/Maylay ever since for unknown reasons. This put a lot of GTA fans to think that there's something huge for our classic hero - "CJ".

Remember, CJ lived in LC for 5 years before coming back to LS. He might have lived in LC once more, even starting the East Coast Set of the Families and becoming the Multi-Billionaire he was on that Billboard. The Story could be set during 2012-2014, coinciding with GTA V's storyline. It makes a lot of sense for CJ to come back to LS. Look at what happened to Grove Street. The Ballas and the Vagos had resurfaced, the Aztecas had quit the fight for LS, a new blood of gangsters just spawned out of the Eastside. I mean, would LS' OG Johnson just let that happen after all the take-overs he did back in '92? After the bloodshed the Families had experienced?

The next DLC could begin with something in the line of "CJ, this Cezar man. Sweet's dead..we need ya man". CJ comes back to LS with a very warm welcoming from the Families' CGF set. He retells the story of the Grove St. Families and how its downfall had brought the OGs out of Davis - and CJ out of LS. He meets the Online Character and then, he meets Franklin, a former CGF member, now looking for JOBS after Trevor and Michael went silent. Franklin and CJ plan the craziest heist of their lifetime. Hacking the trade center. But, before doing so, they must get rid of their friends..once and for all. CJ and Frank retake all of LS and proceed to LC.

The Heist was thought to be very successful...UNTIL...Nah I don't know. :p

There must be two parts. The first one must be set during the winter season of 2012 with CJ and the Families being much active than they were before due to the economic collapse. This part is "linear" or as many of the kids say.."interior". This is because it serves as an introductory scenery, being "more HD" than the actual, open-world LC. This scenery is used when Cesar calls CJ. In this setting, CJ rushes to the FLA as some streets were empty and some were littered with vehicle wreckage and traffic.

The second part is the open-world. Access had been given to the player to this LC after completing the story. Not as detailed as the linear rendition of LC, but the map is open. The map is pretty much the same as before, minus the flood - it's winter 2013. Liberty State and Alderney State is open for the players to explore, including the Carraways and A LOT MORE. :p

This is just an idea, guys. :D

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Well GTA IV was supposed to have snow so who knows how the transition would have worked.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

An example of a "New GTA" = GTA EFLC...GTA Chinatown Wars...GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony...

Being set in the same place as IV, they're still a different GAME of their own, having their own story(or focus), gameplay elements..

Though that doesn't make them full games.

Back on topic.

If this is true, then we're most likely going to see CJ again. There was an interview back then. It was about the 3 protags' VAs being envious to Chris Bellard(CJ's VA). Also, Shawn Fonteno - Franklin's VA, had been collaborating with Chris Bellard/Maylay ever since for unknown reasons. This put a lot of GTA fans to think that there's something huge for our classic hero - "CJ".

Remember, CJ lived in LC for 5 years before coming back to LS. He might have lived in LC once more, even starting the East Coast Set of the Families and becoming the Multi-Billionaire he was on that Billboard. The Story could be set during 2012-2014, coinciding with GTA V's storyline. It makes a lot of sense for CJ to come back to LS. Look at what happened to Grove Street. The Ballas and the Vagos had resurfaced, the Aztecas had quit the fight for LS, a new blood of gangsters just spawned out of the Eastside. I mean, would LS' OG Johnson just let that happen after all the take-overs he did back in '92? After the bloodshed the Families had experienced?

The next DLC could begin with something in the line of "CJ, this Cezar man. Sweet's dead..we need ya man". CJ comes back to LS with a very warm welcoming from the Families' CGF set. He retells the story of the Grove St. Families and how its downfall had brought the OGs out of Davis - and CJ out of LS. He meets the Online Character and then, he meets Franklin, a former CGF member, now looking for JOBS after Trevor and Michael went silent. Franklin and CJ plan the craziest heist of their lifetime. Hacking the trade center. But, before doing so, they must get rid of their friends..once and for all. CJ and Frank retake all of LS and proceed to LC.

The Heist was thought to be very successful...UNTIL...Nah I don't know. :p

There must be two parts. The first one must be set during the winter season of 2012 with CJ and the Families being much active than they were before due to the economic collapse. This part is "linear" or as many of the kids say.."interior". This is because it serves as an introductory scenery, being "more HD" than the actual, open-world LC. This scenery is used when Cesar calls CJ. In this setting, CJ rushes to the FLA as some streets were empty and some were littered with vehicle wreckage and traffic.

The second part is the open-world. Access had been given to the player to this LC after completing the story. Not as detailed as the linear rendition of LC, but the map is open. The map is pretty much the same as before, minus the flood - it's winter 2013. Liberty State and Alderney State is open for the players to explore, including the Carraways and A LOT MORE. :p

This is just an idea, guys. :D

We're never going to see anyone from the 3D era again.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:25 AM Edited by <Yang3, 05 April 2014 - 09:26 AM.

We're never going to see anyone from the 3D era again.

Nahh. Who knows? I'm a fan of the 3D era and I'm sure those fanboys wouldn't let such an opportunity go.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

Jesus, like there's no other cities in America where a good criminal story could be developed with a whole new landscape to explore...

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • Bahrain
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:28 AM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 05 April 2014 - 10:28 AM.

Detroit would be a better location. ;)

But then again, this DJ Whooo kid might be making all of this up. 

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Okay, it's most likely pertaining to an add-on to GTA V/Online, not the setting of GTA VI. I thoroughly doubt Rockstar would be so damn stupid to make another game in that stale city.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:31 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 05 April 2014 - 11:41 AM.

What the possibility of this bullocks news being a reality?000000000000000000000000000000.1%%

@Zancudo
Liberty City aint stale bro,it just that some people hate it (including you and me-a bit),It the New York of GTA,the Hearbeat of GTA,one of the most recongise Location in Video Game History (along with San Andreas and Vice City).But yeah i also agree with the GTAO expansion city theory :)

@LSPD
I couldnt agree more with you ;)....btw who is this DJ,i have never ever heard of him Ever before,probably an amateur upcoming DJ that needs f*cking attention lol.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

Why is this in gaming chat?

This should be in GTA-Next chat or whatever the hell they have these days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users