Photo

GTA 6 in Liberty City again?

209 replies to this topic
ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:31 PM Edited by ainsz, 04 April 2014 - 08:35 PM.

As long as they don't butcher the masterfully designed LC already in place in IV, I'm fine with it. While Rockstar are all about emulating real life cities as close as they can these days, LC achieved a great representation while still retaining a playground style map suited to fun gameplay.

This has to be the most overlooked part of IV, something I didn't recognise until I played V and saw the jarring difference in map design. LS makes for great city simulator, but is totally omitted of the intricacies that were weaved into IV's map.

Either way, looking forward to GTA on next gen.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

lol, for whatever reason I got this message from http://gtaforums.com...obfrompenn389a/

die painfully dolt

As I posted only on this thread (except for the WD pics ) I guess it must have something to do with this thread lol. 

• gtamann123 likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

"Member Since 9 minutes ago"

Didn't even have the balls to send from his real account.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

lol, for whatever reason I got this message from http://gtaforums.com...obfrompenn389a/

die painfully dolt

As I posted only on this thread (except for the WD pics ) I guess it must have something to do with this thread lol. 

very productive conversation. pfff

OT: I'm so hoping for the next GTA to take place in Liberty City State. Liberty City in IV was great but as I said before it didn't even scratch the surface of what would be possible to do with New York State on next-gen technology now (512mb RAM > 8gb RAM) :r*:

SFPD officer
  • SFPD officer

What do I look like I'm made of? Pudding?

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

... and seeing it on V's superior tech, oh man.

Not sure what you are drinking but it doesn't seem to be the right thing :blink:

Bad use of words? Yeah, I tend to screw up, my english leaves much to be desired.

The point was that (other than in implementation of Euphoria), V blows IV out of the water when it comes to graphics. Rainy nights in IV are breathtaking already, but can you imagine them looking like in V? It would be amazing.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

die painfully dolt

very productive conversation. pfff

OT: I'm so hoping for the next GTA to take place in Liberty City State. Liberty City in IV was great but as I said before it didn't even scratch the surface of what would be possible to do with New York State on next-gen technology now (512mb RAM > 8gb RAM) :r*:

Fast RAM too. AFAIK 7.5 GB can be used at some point, when Sony frees it.

If you see what they have done with RDR and GTAV on those old consoles, there is a lot they can do. I also doubt that any Open World game except MGS will run @ 60 FPS which gives even more ressources.

But they should really hit staple 30 FPS and 1080p with at least a bit of AA

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

... and seeing it on V's superior tech, oh man.

Not sure what you are drinking but it doesn't seem to be the right thing :blink:

Bad use of words? Yeah, I tend to screw up, my english leaves much to be desired.

The point was that (other than in implementation of Euphoria), V blows IV out of the water when it comes to graphics. Rainy nights in IV are breathtaking already, but can you imagine them looking like in V? It would be amazing.

Ah, about the rain effects. In IV it looks like actual rain, in V it's more like Minecraft rain, sad but it's the truth.

Euphoria and RAGE was at its best in RDR, followed by GTA IV and Max Payne 3. They screwed up in V for some reason???? However graphics in V are superb for such old tech.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by iNero, 04 April 2014 - 08:49 PM.

Im also curious if R* does wait another 5 years for a release. I think the time between SA and IV was about 3-4 years. IV to V was 5 years.

When they still use the RAGE Engine, I could imagine a sooner release since they can work a lot quicker with new tools and stuff and a lot experience with the engine already. Also PS4 and X1 are a lot easier to develop for.

Obviously not this year and also next year, but not 5 years from now.

GTA3 to GTA VC and SA was like only 1-2 years cycle. 

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

No, they should take their time. V took 5 years, so this should take even longer if they want to take full horsepower of new consoles.

Btw, I hope it's set in the past. I'm tired of current era GTAs. IV and V both didn't have that atmosphere that SA and VC had.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

No, they should take their time. V took 5 years, so this should take even longer if they want to take full horsepower of new consoles.

Btw, I hope it's set in the past. I'm tired of current era GTAs. IV and V both didn't have that atmosphere that SA and VC had.

Rhis gen wont even last more than 5 years. they already said, that most likely this gen wont be as long as PS360.

The tech is way behind PC high end, while PS360 was above PC high end when it was released.

By that logic we wont see a GTA game on PS4/X1. At least no new one.

And imo you dont see much of those 5 years in GTA5, except the detailed map.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Actually it only took 3 years.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Rockstar knew what they were capable with 512MB, this must've been their reaction when they learned that they will have at least 5GB to work with.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

Rockstar knew what they were capable with 512MB, this must've been their reaction when they learned that they will have at least 5GB to work with.

Well they've had my 12GB to work with for about 3 years now so I hope they finally f*cking use it.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

That's what you get for buying so much ram.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by iNero, 04 April 2014 - 10:10 PM.

looking at modded GTA4 makes me want this to be true even more

13424882615_72c9a56e68_o.jpg

13271597033_5dbf8eeb1f_o.jpg

13242058015_acd38b097b_o.jpg

13143964384_c9262d07a5_o.jpg

13143800493_0ef03ce0aa_o.jpg

12070155264_25f04e8bca_o.jpg

12057076784_f8f67554c2_o.jpg

• Raavi and guiguido like this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

That looks better than Watch Dogs. :lol:

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Manhattan was too condensed and they didn't even bother with Staten Island.

If this is true, I hope they include New Jersey-Six flags and the swamp lands among other areas.

They also failed to utilize the country side in V.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

VI should be aiming for those graphics that iNero posted. It's possible.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by iNero, 04 April 2014 - 10:45 PM.

bring these graphics to the improved Rage engine with the GTA V lighting and it looks even better.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 04 April 2014 - 11:18 PM.

I love NYC obviously but something has gotta be lost in translation. Idk it just doesn't make sense to go back to NY so soon for a main GTA.

Now, if it is infact true well it better be like their original IV idea which was NY state. It included upstate NY and everything. The city would also need to be a lot larger. I mean look at my signature below. There is a ton more they could do. R*s only enemy is time.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by iNero, 04 April 2014 - 11:24 PM.

I was thinking aout a Summer-Winter cycle. But I guess, that would be too much. You would have to give all Peds and NPCs different clothing for that time and so on. It would be cool though.

IV was set in Fall, right? I guess a NYC Summer Setting would be cool. 

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

I was thinking aout a Summer-Winter cycle. But I guess, that would be too much. You would have to give all Peds and NPCs different clothing for that time and so on. It would be cool though.

IV was set in Fall, right? I guess a NYC Summer Setting would be cool. 

They can't go back to NY without having some snowy weather lol.

But then again maybe a summer setting would be better. If there is countryside then all the trees can be made nice and green/lively. Hmm... many possibilities.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

IVs Fall setting did fit quite well. Especially as it was a more serious GTA game than others.

But yeah, I like it sunny. Winter-Summer cycle would be even better. 

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:32 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 04 April 2014 - 11:36 PM.

I don't think a seasonal cycle would be too much. There's a lot more space on the discs to put all the needed textures. They'd have to code the game to have its own calendar though, instead of knowing the time, date, etc. from the console.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

I love NYC obviously but something has gotta be lost in translation. Idk it just doesn't make sense to go back to NY so soon for a main GTA.

Now, if it is infact true well it better be like their original IV idea which was NY state. It included upstate NY and everything. The city would also need to be a lot larger. I mean look at my signature below. There is a ton more they could do. R*s only enemy is time.

Yes, your signature is really outdated. But I get what you're saying.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:37 PM Edited by iNero, 04 April 2014 - 11:40 PM.

I don't think a seasonal cycle would be too much. There's a lot more space on the discs to put all the needed textures.

yea, but it is a lot of work. The question is if its worth the time and money.

You have to write a story that isnt influenced by weather, different physics, different mini-games and activities probably. They would have to keep the world believable through all seasons.

• Lucchese likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

I don't think a seasonal cycle would be too much. There's a lot more space on the discs to put all the needed textures.

You have to write a story that isnt influenced by weather, different physics, different mini-games and activities probably. They would have to keep the world believable through all seasons.

They could just have the seasons progress as the story progressed like in Mafia 2

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

They could just have the seasons progress as the story progressed like in Mafia 2

but that wouldnt be a cycle and I wouldnt want to have different time frames.

I didnt like it in MAFIA 2 

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:57 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 04 April 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Yeh the story in Mafia spans between years.

And I don't think chapters would work as the story is usually short in terms of time frame.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:11 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 05 April 2014 - 08:34 PM.

I wouldn't mind seeing Liberty City again if it was able to reach it's full potential this time, it couldn't in GTA IV due to the lack of vehicle variety.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users