GTA 6 in Liberty City again?

267 replies to this topic
John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

My question is: how exactly do they return to LC and make the metropolis map distinguishable from IV's world? All the biggest landmarks were in the right places in comparison to its real-life counterpart in IV, so what do they do now to make it feel different? Add a rendition of the Freedom Tower? Put the Empire State Building in the right place this time? Implementing countryside is one thing, but they certainly have a challenge on their hands to make the city feel as fresh as was done with the jump from III's LC - IV's LC or SA's LS - V's LS.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

My question is: how exactly do they return to LC and make the metropolis map distinguishable from IV's world? All the biggest landmarks were in the right places in comparison to its real-life counterpart in IV, so what do they do now to make it feel different? Add a rendition of the Freedom Tower? Put the Empire State Building in the right place this time? Implementing countryside is one thing, but they certainly have a challenge on their hands to make the city feel as fresh as was done with the jump from III's LC - IV's LC or SA's LS - V's LS.

There's so much potential, so much potential. Not a single worry about that! LC from IV didn't even scratch the surface of what a virtual reinterpretation of New York State can be like.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

I'm really going to look forward to another feature cut down version of gta if this rumor is true.

One time rockstar will take gta out of the box it has been trapped in for many years now in terms of location but by the sounds of it though it won't be the next incarnation. :(

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

If they do include a countryside, it better be packed with animals and farmers and sh*t. Did we even see farmers in V? Nah. Not even a single one. Forests better be there too, not half assed one's that were empty as f*ck.

There's so much potential, so much potential. Not a single worry about that! LC from IV didn't even scratch the surface of what a virtual reinterpretation of New York State can be like.

Yeah, that's not what the extreme IV fanboys say though, is it? I'll guarantee they will come here and say, "hurr durr no we didntzz".

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

The V textures and foliage wasnt that great. there wasnt grass at all. Only some plain textures. But if they would have added them, the performence would have been even worse than it is in the current state.

Could look way better on next gen

BLOOD-IS-RED-MOND
  • BLOOD-IS-RED-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 April 2014 - 06:05 PM.

Not trying to be a d*ckhead and i would also love if Vice City got an HD re-imagination but like i said on a previous thread and i will say it again,What if Vice City isnt re-imagined again? atleast the City was a setting for two installments back in the 3D Era days, Vice City (2002) and VC Stories (2006).
And i think R* doesnt want to ruin many fans childhood Memories with VC,and there are more locations to do or re-imagine than a modern day VC.Afterall Anywhere City and London were only seen once through the franchise 17 years existant and that was back in the 2D Era days and Dan Houser already said London "Wont" be Re-visited/Re-imagined Again...So that could be the same thing with the 80s-Miami/Scarface of GTA.

Apart from LC,SA and VC,there are many cities that havent been re-imagined or used:
*Las Venturas (Las Vegas)
*San Fierro (San Francisco)
*A full-fledged North Yankton
*A full-fledge Alderney State ore the whole of Liberty City State
*Carcer City
*State of Cottonmouth
ETC.

BLOOD-IS-RED-MOND
  • BLOOD-IS-RED-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

True talk bro.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

You guys are missing the more obvious,and likely, scenario.

Liberty City DLC for GTA:Online.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:17 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 04 April 2014 - 06:18 PM.

Or maybe you are dumb as f*ck and didn't read the article properly. The guy who got interviewed said it was a "new GTA game". That isn't a DLC. He would have said that he's in an upcoming DLC for GTA V.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Wow, man. Chill. You acted like he insulted your mother.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Or maybe you are dumb as f*ck and didn't read the article properly. The guy who got interviewed said it was a "new GTA game". That isn't a DLC. He would have said that he's in an upcoming DLC for GTA V.

tumblr_m8wmx0NoDH1qjams5o3_400.gif

calm down

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by gtamann123, 04 April 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Not sure how I feel exactly. Yeah NYC is such a large and diverse and interesting city that even the IV rendition didnt do it 100% justice. If they made a next gen GTA with any even larger LC that expanded the boroughs even further and included Staten island and suburbia on Long island plus the Hamptons. That would be really cool. And plus ever since I watched the Wolf of Wall Street and watched the Oliver Stone "Wall Street" movies I have been thinking about a new GTA set in LC with some missions being about insider trading. Kind of like the Lester missions except more direct since we are in the home of Wall Street (Exchange street) itself. Like break into the BAWSAQ and hack the computers to effect trading? Shake down an Exchange Street big wig at his Middle Park east penthouse?

And has Raavi said above. My mind is running wild now of all the possibilities a PS4/XB1 version of LC would have. Even though we were just there two games ago I am 100% in favor of a new game in LC 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

I-got-your-calm.jpg

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

I liked the voice actors for 4 but they were all impersonations, What i really liked was the voice actors for V, how they got real gangbangers and all that to do the voices for some of the hood people, Hope they go that route again with other types of people

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:47 PM Edited by Secura, 04 April 2014 - 06:50 PM.

As I much as I'd like this to be true, I highly doubt it is, the source isn't the most reliable to begin with. I do hope Rockstar go back to Liberty City as it's really the only place that they can tell a truly engrossing crime drama without it being filled with completely pointless and entirely unnecessary filler that's only there so that they would be able to critique modern society's trends further. I loved the interconnected, deep, interesting and weaving tales of Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez, all equally as separate as they were masterfully connected.

Or perhaps you can stop being such a pretentious, judgmental prick and remember that not even a year ago Rockstar were selling Grand Theft Auto: Online as though it were a separate game in and of itself. 

• Ermac likes this

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

I would much rather this just be an expansion to GTA V and not an entire game altogether. I am honestly getting tired of Liberty City though..It would be great if it is an expansion, letting us travel from LS to LC, but if it is a whole new game like GTA 6, then I have different feelings about it.

That is if any of this is 100% true.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

As I much as I'd like this to be true, I highly doubt it is, the source isn't the most reliable to begin with. I do hope Rockstar go back to Liberty City as it's really the only place that they can tell a truly engrossing crime drama without it being filled with completely pointless and entirely unnecessary filler that's only there so that they would be able to critique modern society's trends further. I loved the interconnected, deep, interesting and weaving tales of Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez, all equally as separate as they were masterfully connected.

Or perhaps you can stop being such a pretentious, judgmental prick and remember that not even a year ago Rockstar were selling Grand Theft Auto: Online as though it were a separate game in and of itself. 

Unless they faked their whole interview with that dude, its true. At least the article. If that DJ is lying is another story.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by Mr Scratch, 04 April 2014 - 07:08 PM.

I think it would be a bit too similar to Watch Dogs, Chicago and New York look similar enough to warrant a comparison.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

The guy who got interviewed said it was a "new GTA game". That isn't a DLC. He would have said that he's in an upcoming DLC for GTA V.

Correction, the guy interviewed, said 'I'm going to be in the New GTA, it takes place in New York again'

Didn't specify either way, so why don't you cool your sh*t?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

Unless they faked their whole interview with that dude, its true. At least the article. If that DJ is lying is another story.

He could just be mistaken and not necessary lying. It could be a V DLC and he just said "Its another game" because he isn't a huge fan of video games and doesn't really think of stuff like DLC and just says its another game. But still I am hoping he is right and there is going to be another GTA in LC

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

y no vice city?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

The guy who got interviewed said it was a "new GTA game". That isn't a DLC. He would have said that he's in an upcoming DLC for GTA V.

Correction, the guy interviewed, said 'I'm going to be in the New GTA, it takes place in New York again'

Didn't specify either way, so why don't you cool your sh*t?

New GTA means a new GTA game, not a DLC. If this guy is mistaken, then it's his fault for blabbing anyway, if he's not, then its true, a new GTA game.

BLOOD-IS-RED-MOND
  • BLOOD-IS-RED-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

@gtamann123
Lol 2 games ago? you mean The 4-5 years gap between IV,Chinatown Wars and V? or just the first 4 HD Era games before V?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Look at this:

The Division is Open World. We know its Ubi, so the game could still look worse at release.

But you can see how much difference the graphics can make when it comes to the atmosphere. Imagine GTA6 with that LoD. Amazing!

And if its possible with The Division, I guess its also possible for GTA6. Since The Division is mainly a Online RPG, a SP game should look even better.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

You're forgetting the fact that The Division doesn't have as many things to process as GTA- peds, vehicles and other random events eat up a lot of resources.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

You're forgetting the fact that The Division doesn't have as many things to process as GTA- peds, vehicles and other random events eat up a lot of resources.

then you clearly havent informed about the division. There are vehicles. Drones and all that stuff. NPCs and Peds, as seen in the Video. Random Event that is, imo.

It may have less peds due the setting, but all that doesnt make that much difference. Actually other players need more ressources than some peds.

BLOOD-IS-RED-MOND
  • BLOOD-IS-RED-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:49 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 April 2014 - 07:59 PM.

@iNero
LCPD (HD Era/IV) and the NYPD cars in The Division looks SO much the same and i noticed the 555 number which is also on any LCPD stations in Liberty City...GTA 4's Re-imagination of LC (NYC) looks SO striking and almost Justified except they cut things that are in the RL NYC or even Division's Rendition why? cus of the PS3/XB360 512mb of memory plus IV was an early last-gen OWG.Even if GTA6 or the first-Next-Gen GTA was to return to IV's Rendition of LC i am sure with the PS4/XB1 8gb R* will still make it look so Updated and Fresh and Mind-blown many
of us.The only thing R* could also do is add the 5th Island that wasnt in IV's Rendition or they could for the first time not only make it LC but the whole of Liberty City State (like Raavi said) man i think my heads is getting into this too much lol i need to stop.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Rebellions are built on hope

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 04 April 2014 - 08:04 PM.

Of course, this could all be bullsh*t, but I can see it happening.

R* themselves said they'd like to add Liberty City to Online. And why not have some studio like R* Leeds stitch up a singleplayer title set in LC to accompany the release? R* won't have to waste years doing research and building a brand new map and game from the scratch, all they need to do is to re-use assets from V, add some new features and put together a story. Maybe add a bit of upstate, Long Island or more of Alderney, that probably wouldn't be so hard. But the point is, they can easily release a new title in the next fall and rake in some easy and quick cash.

Personally, I wouldn't mind, at all. LC holds a special place in my heart and seeing it on V's superior tech, oh man. Story doesn't have to be rushed either - writing on V ended a long time ago and VCS or Chinatown Wars came out a year later after their predecessors too and they were quite good. All they need to do is to bring back features from both IV and V, add a couple more and you've got a pretty promising game. It's just a shame that they have to fix their mistakes with a new release again, just like with vanilla IV and Episodes. It would be far better if they delivered right at the start.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

then you clearly havent informed about the division. There are vehicles. Drones and all that stuff. NPCs and Peds, as seen in the Video. Random Event that is, imo.

It may have less peds due the setting, but all that doesnt make that much difference. Actually other players need more ressources than some peds.

Sure, but those cars don't have routes to follow and neither do the peds for that matter.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

... and seeing it on V's superior tech, oh man.

Not sure what you are drinking but it doesn't seem to be the right thing :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users