New Garage Capacity vs Location

60 replies to this topic
NoMeansPlayDeaf
  • NoMeansPlayDeaf

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

R* is adding new properties with garages.

Would you sacrifice garage space for a preferred location? (For example: only 6 cars, but outside of the city).

I will be conflicted if there aren't any 10 car garages outside of the city.

Since the apartment and garage interiors are all "instanced" anyway, I don't see why R* would require a large exterior for a 10 car garage...

Like if it's just a small barn, just let it be an underground huge garage, no big deal.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Rehab

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

i couldnt careless about location, after all at least i have no plans of ever moving out of Del Perro
  • hei3enberg likes this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

6 space is the bottom line, I wont take a 2 car garage.

but I really want something outside of the city

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PS3 Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

I don't think they're adding new apartments, just the ability to buy a second one of the existing list.

• Killbook, manicmechanic71, RossCA and 4 others like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

I don't think they're adding new apartments, just the ability to buy a second one of the existing list.

I might move if they added some places but I don't think they are. I will just pick up one of the 10 car garages by the airport.

• SirPhilMcKraken likes this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Dude, wake up, there's like a hundred threads talking about it and sharing this link  https://support.rock...ties-Dynasty-8-

It's happening... 

• Phthalate, darkwar854 and manicmechanic71 like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Dude, wake up, there's like a hundred threads talking about it and sharing this link  https://support.rock...ties-Dynasty-8-

It's happening... 

I was with Leon, but that link has made me very happy :-)
  • SirPhilMcKraken likes this

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

I have del perro with character 1, and I love it there. My second one probably won't be an apartment, just a garage either in east LS, Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay, or near the airport. I gotta do some research.

My second character is tough. I own integrity way which is ok I guess but no idea where to get my second one. I might go for La Mesa with char 1 and sandy shores for char 2 if I can find a good location with 10 car slots.

I figure a lot of people might get that 2nd property up north and I like to avoid the chaos at my convenience without having to invite only.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

I figure a lot of people might get that 2nd property up north and I like to avoid the chaos at my convenience without having to invite only.

avoid chaos at Del Poro? Your LSC is basically unusable.  I moved out of there in January when the riff raff from down the road started moving into the neighborhood.

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PS3 Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

It's happening... 

I've been on here a lot and honestly haven't seen that link. Glad to hear it though

• PsychoGamer likes this

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

avoid chaos at Del Poro? Your LSC is basically unusable.  I moved out of there in January when the riff raff from down the road started moving into the neighborhood.
Yeah I hear you. If it's heavily populated I just head south to the one near the marina. Not that bad of a drive to me.
  • primussucks likes this

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

I don't think I would move (unless an apartment very close to the beach became available). I've ocean view from my current apartment. That's hard to beat.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

I don't think I would move (unless an apartment very close to the beach became available). I've ocean view from my current apartment. That's hard to beat.

How about this view every morning???

0_0.jpg

• jdorenbush, L5B4LIF3 and NegSpec13 like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:42 AM Edited by JiNX77, 04 April 2014 - 10:53 AM.

It's happening... 

I've been on here a lot and honestly haven't seen that link. Glad to hear it though

Didn't see it either. Also, you highlighted part of the problem, "like a hundred new threads" about roughly the same thing. There is only so much clicking time in a day. I still think it's unlikely that I will move, any new apts will likely just have the same interiors with maybe a better location as a saving grace. 

A1qjkMD.jpg

I wish there were going to be new houses in Blaine County, but I don't see any buildings out there that look like high-end luxury apartments. Maybe they will prove me wrong, I hope the do, but I won't hold my breath.

jdorenbush
  • jdorenbush

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

The new properties are "high-end apartments" so I'm assuming that means apartments with 10-car garages, right? Also, high-end apartments sounds like something they'd put in the city not out in the country.

If nothing else, there's a 6-car garage in Blaine County and in Sandy Shores. Those would work well as secondary properties.

judge dread 24
  • judge dread 24

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

I went extra house hunting last night. Think I'll keep my apt at Richards majestic and get the 6 car garage that is next door to an ammunition and clothing store and a walk away from sandy shores airfield. If we're allowed to change interiors in apts that would be good too.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

The new properties are "high-end apartments" so I'm assuming that means apartments with 10-car garages, right? Also, high-end apartments sounds like something they'd put in the city not out in the country.

I think the fact that they're calling them "high end" means the existing ones aren't. I take that to mean more expensive "resort like" properties outside of the city.

I'm sure there's a reason the game launched with all the properties clustered together in the city. 

• medodido likes this

DawkinsEfect
  • DawkinsEfect

5-0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

I'm more about size of my garage then the apartment location

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

I live in weazel plaza but i'd love a 10 car garage in paleto bay

• NegSpec13 and OG_CHuckLeR like this

Butterfly57
  • Butterfly57

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Garage space is my main consideration. While I would ideally prefer a property out if the city, if it doesnt have 10 spaces I'll pass and just buy in the city in thr best location thst suits me.
  • TBONE1138 likes this

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

I'll probably get the 6 car apartment down by the docks at Vespucci Beach by the tennis courts. Always loved that location but didn't want to sacrifice parking

BewareoftheBears
  • BewareoftheBears

BruinsVindicated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

I am getting another 10 car garage either way, sucks that there isn't a single 10 car garage in Blaine county or if there were I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I race a lot so I already know I'm gonna need the extra garage space over location.

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Probably gonna go for a 10 car garage near the airport, unless there's some new interesting locations. 120.000 instead of 400.000, yes please.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

It's happening... 

''These are brand new apartments, so we are talking about new interior as well.

I don't want to spoil everything for you, though, so stay tuned for the update!''

mother of god...

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Since there are going to be new apartments, I'll be moving. I like mine and all but, I like to be different and not be in the same one as a bunch of other people. Man, I'll need some SERIOUS money for the new few weeks.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Spaceman Spiff Wannabe

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

I would definitely sacrifice space for location, I can live with only 16 cars, or 14 or even 12.  Keep a nice garage of 10 anywhere, and have a house/apartment/motel room/cardboard box with a 2 car garage or even just a parking space or two out in the boonies.  Would love to see the "stars" at "night".

• manicmechanic71 likes this

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

I would definitely sacrifice space for location, I can live with only 16 cars, or 14 or even 12.  Keep a nice garage of 10 anywhere, and have a house/apartment/motel room/cardboard box with a 2 car garage or even just a parking space or two out in the boonies.  Would love to see the "stars" at "night".

I have 20 cars, and honestly, i don't wanna sell anyone of them, though i'll need new cars in future. I definitely need some space, but a good location would be nice too, if there are new apartments. Originally i wanted to buy the cheap 10 car garage at the docks for 100.000 bucks, but... damn! The new apartments will be a lot more expensive i think. Gotta get some money! 

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

I want to buy a room at that hotel where we pick up Anna.  I'm sure it's got plenty of space, and a nice big garage.  Love the location too.

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

Location would probably be higher-priority, but not for a basic 2-car garage.

Not that I want to rush out and get 10 more personal vehicles, either - larger (vacant) garage space allows to park existing cars at either, as well as stockpiling Ballers/Felons/gang cars for resale.

Might re-purchase my original property, the 6-car off Dry Dock Street. Far enough from my current apt., and great for quick 'shopping trips' to LSC.
  • AlienTwo likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Spaceman Spiff Wannabe

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

I have 20 cars, and honestly, i don't wanna sell anyone of them, though i'll need new cars in future. I definitely need some space, but a good location would be nice too, if there are new apartments. Originally i wanted to buy the cheap 10 car garage at the docks for 100.000 bucks, but... damn! The new apartments will be a lot more expensive i think. Gotta get some money! 

But you have 20 cars spread over 2 characters, you could now have 32 cars if you got a 6 car garage out in the boonies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users