Quantcast

» «
Photo

How long am I going to be banned from the mic?

19 replies to this topic
WalkingNick
  • WalkingNick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

I don't know how but I got banned from the mic. It's been a week and I still haven't been able to talk to anyone. This is rather annoying. I don't even know why I got banned. I usually don't talk to anyone besides the friends and crew members I hang out with. So I don't understand this mic ban.

How long does it last? Anyone know? It's been a week now...

Unipolar_Mania
  • Unipolar_Mania

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

Were you specifically told that you were banned or did the chat function just simply cut off?

WalkingNick
  • WalkingNick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Were you specifically told that you were banned or did the chat function just simply cut off?

Yes, I get a pop up every time I join a session saying something along the lines of "You have been reported too much. You have been banned from using the mic. Behave and the ban will be lifted"

I can still see the chat options. I can set it to "everyone" but no one can hear me and I can't hear anyone else

Unipolar_Mania
  • Unipolar_Mania

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Hm. I think the common ban time is two weeks, if I'm not mistaken.

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

NPC calls a player a sh*t dick. all is well

player calls a player a sh*t dick. that's against the rules

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Too much singing in the shower?

abcdefg760
  • abcdefg760

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

I don't know how but I got banned from the mic. It's been a week and I still haven't been able to talk to anyone. This is rather annoying. I don't even know why I got banned. I usually don't talk to anyone besides the friends and crew members I hang out with. So I don't understand this mic ban.

you have to get commends, it happened to my sister

• SolidSnails likes this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

youre sister can sing in my shower all she wants i wont stop her.
  • Captain Revenge likes this

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

Do people get bad sport nowadays only when they're reported certain amount of time?
Blowing others pvs doesn't trigger it, not that I want to.
But in the beginning, I got bad sport from slipping a fart.

GunBrothersGaming
  • GunBrothersGaming

Funny Man

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

Simple - get your crew to commend you. Then don't ever join a public server, no reason to ever join a public server if you have a crew.

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

I also got this, it will be over in 2weeks or a month cant remember it anymore.

WalkingNick
  • WalkingNick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:17 AM

Simple - get your crew to commend you. Then don't ever join a public server, no reason to ever join a public server if you have a crew.

And when your crew isn't online then it would be pretty boring.

This ban is BS! 2 weeks to a whole month? ... Yeah, I'll get my crew to commend me so I can get it lifted. Thanks for the tips everyone.

again though... This is BS! The characters in the game can cuss you out but if you say anything colorful you get banned lol ....whatever

• abcdefg760 likes this

abcdefg760
  • abcdefg760

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

youre sister can sing in my shower all she wants i wont stop her.

thats exactly why she got it and then people were dicks and some guy and his crew reported her lol it was too funny

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

And when your crew isn't online then it would be pretty boring.This ban is BS! 2 weeks to a whole month? ... Yeah, I'll get my crew to commend me so I can get it lifted. Thanks for the tips everyone.
again though... This is BS! The characters in the game can cuss you out but if you say anything colorful you get banned lol ....whatever

You said that you never talk to anyone beside crew and friends so maybe you didnt get a ban for talking rude to other players. What did you do before you got banned? I got banned from the mic because i destroy to many PV's and some people did report me. I dont even use my mic (because its broken) lol. I think its not BS if you do something wrong over and over then you deserve a punishment.

DigitalDivine
  • DigitalDivine

Emotional Trainwreck

• New Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

THANK YOU.

What I also find hilarious is that NPC's will send you text messages like "You f*cked with the wrong people. You're a dead man." but if I try to send a text message with ANY profanity, the other player won't receive it.

It's pathetic how much of a hypocrite Rockstar is.
  • Handsome Z likes this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

Rockstar works in unique ways kinda like how il send people random private messages it doesnt need to make sense for people to not understand it.

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

And when your crew isn't online then it would be pretty boring.This ban is BS! 2 weeks to a whole month? ... Yeah, I'll get my crew to commend me so I can get it lifted. Thanks for the tips everyone.

You said that you never talk to anyone beside crew and friends so maybe you didnt get a ban for talking rude to other players. What did you do before you got banned? I got banned from the mic because i destroy to many PV's and some people did report me. I dont even use my mic (because its broken) lol. I think its not BS if you do something wrong over and over then you deserve a punishment.

But what are the rules?

Can you get bad sport for destroying too many PV's in a short term and not get reported, or can you get bad sport for just to many reports?

I get the idea that the rules of engagement have changed since the beginning. Back then i was sticky bombing lots of people from my car, now i usually bomb people with a buzzard, for some reason, back then i was bad bad, now i cash 2000 pretty much a lot.

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

PS4

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

THANK YOU.

What I also find hilarious is that NPC's will send you text messages like "You f*cked with the wrong people. You're a dead man." but if I try to send a text message with ANY profanity, the other player won't receive it.

It's pathetic how much of a hypocrite Rockstar is.

I agree. It's like there's someone in charge of GTAO who just isn't very bright.

• Handsome Z likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Set your mic to crew and friends of you are gonna sing in the shower or along with the radio or yell at store clerks or blast your music at full volume like a moron. Its highly annoying to people trying to talk to each other and no one appreciates asshats that do that. Your crew and friends probably don't like it either.

Dr Murder
  • Dr Murder

mmmm wifey guts...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Let's be honest here if you get ANY type of ban
It's proven you most likely deserve it..
I mean is R* randomly banning people for no reason? Not directed at OP but if your swearing hate messages telling everybody you fuked their mom and what not.. deserved..
On the other hand if you blast music thru your mic knowing you have a off switch and don't plan on communicating with the lobby than your a dik
I know I can pause and mute that person I do that
I don't report people unless the fuked my mom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users