Quantcast

» «
Photo

gta v how does setting a bounty make money?

63 replies to this topic
The Actual Kid
  • The Actual Kid

*max fat* "You're lookin' too skinny, CJ!"

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

"Call me if you ever wanna do a bounty... it's a good way to make some money... (nervous/awkward laugh here)"

Lester is saying you can ask him to set a bounty for you, and since it costs $1,000 extra to place a bounty, and he's the one placing it, he makes a grand. It's like this:

"Call me if you ever want to [set] a bounty... it's a good way [for me] to make [$1,000]. (laugh to fill the silence/he doesn't know what to say, a 'Yeeeaaahhh... laugh')"

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

"Call me if you ever wanna do a bounty... it's a good way to make some money... (nervous/awkward laugh here)"

Lester is saying you can ask him to set a bounty for you, and since it costs $1,000 extra to place a bounty, and he's the one placing it, he makes a grand. It's like this:

"Call me if you ever want to [set] a bounty... it's a good way [for me] to make [$1,000]. (laugh to fill the silence/he doesn't know what to say, a 'Yeeeaaahhh... laugh')"

Good theory, and would be apt excuse if you worked for R*

Fact of the matter is, it was probably just a dialogue error. Bounties didn't always cost an additional thousand if I'm not mistaken.

It may of been an error..

OR (bare with me)

I'm pretty sure its implied like this..

"Call me if you ever want to set a bounty on someone... [pause] it's a good way to make some money (claiming a bounty that is)."

Why this had to span 3 pages for an answer, I don't know.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Indeed, it's Rockstar logic wrapped in the usual Rockstar marketingspeak. 

"Call me if you ever wanna do a cash card... it's a good way to make some money... (nervous/awkward laugh here)"

Rockstar is saying: 

"Call me if you ever want to [buy] a cash card... it's a good way [for me] to make [$22]. (laugh to fill the silence/he doesn't know what to say, a 'Yeeeaaahhh... laugh')"

• paulmgrath likes this

The Actual Kid
  • The Actual Kid

*max fat* "You're lookin' too skinny, CJ!"

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

Good theory, and would be apt excuse if you worked for R*

Fact of the matter is, it was probably just a dialogue error. Bounties didn't always cost an additional thousand if I'm not mistaken.

It may of been an error..

OR (bare with me)

I'm pretty sure its implied like this..

"Call me if you ever want to set a bounty on someone... [pause] it's a good way to make some money (claiming a bounty that is)."

Why this had to span 3 pages for an answer, I don't know.

For some reason, I forgot to use your interpretation. I've heard it that way, also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users