Quantcast

» «
Photo

gta v how does setting a bounty make money?

63 replies to this topic
jayjay5396
  • jayjay5396

i Love GTA

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by jayjay5396, 03 April 2014 - 08:48 PM.

hi so online Lester calls he says "give me a call if you wanna set a bounty *its an easy way to make some money*" how does that work?

To set a $1000 on someones head it costs you $2000, so you've lost $1000 already you go kill the dude it gives you $1000 for killing him.... hold up i just paid $2000 how am i making money? im losing a grand each time i do it even the $9000 bounty costs $10,000 hows this an easy way to make money?

am losing money not making it i may as well go rob a store or play rooftop rumble than do bounties 

AntonioJamal97
  • AntonioJamal97

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

You kill some one for money if they have a bounty) and lose 1000 if you set a bounty on some and kill them.

Ramzy
  • Ramzy

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Lester says that claiming bounties are a good way of making money m8. Setting bounties yourself will of course cost money.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Lester says that claiming bounties are a good way of making money

No, he doesn't, actually.

• jayjay5396 likes this

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Setting bounties makes 0, that's "Zero", "nada", "zilch" and in fact, costs a minimum of 1k$ to complete.

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Creepy Uncle Lester

:rol:

710_Holidayz
  • 710_Holidayz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

Hes more or less implying it.
Anyone with a brain should be able to understand what hes trying to say lol.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:29 AM Edited by Muirenn, 04 April 2014 - 01:29 AM.

Implying what?

His dialogue is literally, "Call me if you want to set a bounty on someone, it's a good way to make some money >insertawkwardstutterbeforehangingup<"

Having a "brain to understand" has nothing to do with anything. The point of this thread is questioning Rockstar's stupidity.

• TG Snow White, CaliMeatWagon and Ezza. like this

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

uh... maybe he means it's a good way for HIM to make money.

#iRwinrz.
  • saintsrow, livejoker, jayjay5396 and 4 others like this

fd1sk
  • fd1sk

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

He probably means it's an easy way for HIM to make money...

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

Setting bounties makes 0, that's "Zero", "nada", "zilch" and in fact, costs a minimum of 1k$ to complete.

Your wrong, but I won't say why. Just read what you wrote and think about. Really think about.

Creepy Uncle Lester

:rol:

Lester is a punk and stole that line from Trevor.

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:47 AM

Setting a bounty is only a good way to save money. Somebody chasing me in an adder so what do I do? Set a 1k bounty and toss a sticky making him cop the $12500 bill.

• saintsrow and poppafewpills like this

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

Your wrong, but I won't say why. Just read what you wrote and think about. Really think about.

Enlighten me.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

Enlighten me.

Lester charges a thousand for setting a bounty, but you still have to have at least another thousand for the bounty itself. 

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:03 AM

Enlighten me.

Lester charges a thousand for setting a bounty, but you still have to have at least another thousand for the bounty itself. 

I was just saying that "Setting" bounties does not make any profit at all.  Because no matter what, you spend 1k of un-recoverable funds.  Even if you set and kill, you still lose the 1k, so as a practice to earn income, this one is one to avoid.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

Enlighten me.

I was just saying that "Setting" bounties does not make any profit at all.  Because no matter what, you spend 1k of un-recoverable funds.  Even if you set and kill, you still lose the 1k, so as a practice to earn income, this one is one to avoid.

I got you, I was trying to be a dick either. Just seen something I wanted to point out.

• Surak likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

The cost to set a bounty is $1000. You do not get your money back. It is a charge for you to send other players after your target.

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:20 AM

The cost to set a bounty is $1000. You do not get your money back. It is a charge for you to send other players after your target.

I think we all agree on that.  OP has been smoking the un-fun drugs...

• RDT33 likes this

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:23 AM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 04 April 2014 - 02:23 AM.

Prolly the best way for him to make money. Easy $1000. Multiply that by how many bounties are set a day, and he's making some nice money.

Pretty sure that was an error on R*'s side though.

• Surak likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:25 AM

he he he.... 

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:38 AM

I think we all agree on that.  OP has been smoking the un-fun drugs...

Poor guy.  Those are the worst.

• Surak and I3AZZAI2 like this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:42 AM Edited by Muirenn, 04 April 2014 - 02:43 AM.

Did you miss the OP's OP on purpose?

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

Lester is a f*cking liar.

Trevor-Fuckin-Phillips
  • Trevor-Fuckin-Phillips

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

Implying what?

His dialogue is literally, "Call me if you want to set a bounty on someone, it's a good way to make some money >insertawkwardstutterbeforehangingup<"

Having a "brain to understand" has nothing to do with anything. The point of this thread is questioning Rockstar's stupidity.

You're all wrong. It's "Have you CAPTURED a bounty yet? it's a good way to make some money."

• Darth_Rob likes this

710_Holidayz
  • 710_Holidayz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

Implying what?

He tells you to call him if you want to set a bounty, and obviously, claming the bounties someone has set, would be "a good way to make money" if im not mistaken lol.

This part is just common sense for me. It costs you money to place a bounty, so obviously, you're not earning anything that way, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. But claiming a bounty another player set, sure does "MAKE" you money, right?

He doesn't need specific directions saying "Claim bounties to earn extra money" any average joe should have enough brain power to comprehend what hes trying to say with his dialogue.

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:56 AM

Implying what?

He tells you to call him if you want to set a bounty, and obviously, claming the bounties someone has set, would be "a good way to make money" if im not mistaken lol.

This part is just common sense for me. It costs you money to place a bounty, so obviously, you're not earning anything that way, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. But claiming a bounty another player set, sure does "MAKE" you money, right?

He doesn't need specific directions saying "Claim bounties to earn extra money" any average joe should have enough brain power to comprehend what hes trying to say with his dialogue.

All right kids, calm down, it's only a game,,,

710_Holidayz
  • 710_Holidayz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:58 AM

Implying what?

All right kids, calm down, it's only a game,,,

Im not a child lol but im cool.
Just trying to have people think logical like me I guess.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

Its implied but poorly worded

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

hi so online Lester calls he says "give me a call if you wanna set a bounty *its an easy way to make some money*" how does that work?

To set a $1000 on someones head it costs you $2000, so you've lost $1000 already you go kill the dude it gives you $1000 for killing him.... hold up i just paid $2000 how am i making money? im losing a grand each time i do it even the $9000 bounty costs $10,000 hows this an easy way to make money?

am losing money not making it i may as well go rob a store or play rooftop rumble than do bounties 

um der.... you kill people with bounties that were put on them by OTHER people... not you. come on, use your brain

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:04 AM

Did you miss the OP's OP on purpose?

My reply was directed at the OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users