Quantcast

» «
Photo

is SA the Most overrated game in history?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic
Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

How is this game overrated? For a 2004 game, it was f*cking massive, you can do everything you want in this game, tell me one game which got released 2004 which you have that much freedom.

Well, I have better memories from Spider-man 2. While it won't give as much stuff to do, it gives so much freedom that it tops SA on my case. That's where my nostalgia goes. (BTW, SM 2 game was released 2004, in case you didn't know)

The story was decent and the gameplay was great. Look at gta 4, great story with nothing to do afterwards. Which one is really overrated?

IV just didn't have as many activities marked on map. I can have fun in it after story, but I don't need a map icon and instructions to do so.

• MiamiViceCity and Firesky like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by Andreas, 16 July 2014 - 02:17 PM.

I wouldn't say that San Andreas is the most overrated game ever. I like the game for what it is and I enjoyed it a lot when I played it regularly back in the days. Completed it once to 100% and a couple of times to 90%, but that was when I had more time and when I felt the desire to play video games a lot more.

I can't say that I enjoy the game as much as I used to, not even close. I think it was just the excitement I had when there were not a lot of games in the open world genre. Not to forget that the first time I play through a game usually takes a lot of time to complete because I'm trying to not rush through it, which may not always the case though. I don't know what it is, but there isn't a whole lot that excites me about SA nowadays. With each more time I play it, the more tedious it becomes. And that is not because I played it so much. In fact, I played GTA III a lot more and I love the game to this day. Been playing IV for over half a decade now and I still love it as much as I did at my first playthrough on it.

SA surely has a lot of features, side-missions, and it has a large, diverse map with multiple cities, countryside, deserts, et cetera. But that doesn't make it the best game of the 3D-era, let alone of all time, at least in my opinion. Personally, I don't care about the amount of features the game has. I used all of them however many times and I did all side-missions at least once, which resulted in the 80-100% save games, and they became boring really fast. And then, there is the story... Let me just say that I love story-driven games, but I find it okay if the one or the other aspect of a game gets sacrified for another aspect, if the game still provides me with tens or hundreds of hours of fun. I didn't enjoy San Andreas' storyline so much though, to be honest. It doesn't make sense the whole time, it contradicts itself a number of times, and once you enter San Fierro it gets boring.

I had started to play SA one more time on my phone a few months ago. To no surprise, I stopped with it shortly before or after the mission where you have to kill Jizzy, and it surprises me that I didn't already stop prior to that. Who knows though, I might continue it sometime, because Toreno is one of the characters that save the story for me.

To come back to my point: no, SA is not the most overrated game in history, but it is the probably most overrated game of the series, in my honest opinion.

• MiamiViceCity, Gummy  and ten-a-penny like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

I wouldn't say that San Andreas is the most overrated game ever. I like the game for what it is and I enjoyed it a lot when I played it regularly back in the days. Completed it once to 100% and a couple of times to 90%, but that was when I had more time and when I felt the desire to play video games a lot more.

I can't say that I enjoy the game as much as I used to, not even close. I think it was just the excitement I had when there were not a lot of games in the open world genre. Not to forget that the first time I play through a game usually takes a lot of time to complete because I'm trying to not rush through it, which may not always the case though. I don't know what it is, but there isn't a whole lot that excites me about SA nowadays. With each more time I play it, the more tedious it becomes. And that is not because I played it so much. In fact, I played GTA III a lot more and I love the game to this day. Been playing IV for over half a decade now and I still love it as much as I did at my first playthrough on it.

SA surely has a lot of features, side-missions, and it has a large, diverse map with multiple cities, countryside, deserts, et cetera. But that doesn't make it the best game of the 3D-era, let alone of all time, at least in my opinion. Personally, I don't care about the amount of features the game has. I used all of them however many times and I did all side-missions at least once, which resulted in the 80-100% save games, and they became boring really fast. And then, there is the story... Let me just say that I love story-driven games, but I find it okay if the one or the other aspect of a game gets sacrified for another aspect, if the game still provides me with tens or hundreds of hours of fun. I didn't enjoy San Andreas' storyline so much though, to be honest. It doesn't make sense the whole time, it contradicts itself a number of times, and once you enter San Fierro it gets boring.

I had started to play SA one more time on my phone a few months ago. To no surprise, I stopped with it shortly before or after the mission where you have to kill Jizzy, and it surprises me that I didn't already stop prior to that. Who knows though, I might continue it sometime, because Toreno is one of the characters that save the story for me.

To come back to my point: no, SA is not the most overrated game in history, but it is the probably most overrated game of the series, in my honest opinion.

That`s strange, for me the most interesting missions begin when SF is unlocked. Well to be honest there are plenty of stuff in SA that are useless and stupid like dancing in the club on 4 boring soundtracks or taking out those retarded gf`s on a date. I mean come on those girls were annoying as f*ck, the only one i liked was that cop Barbara, the rest of them were just bullsh*t. I killed them all at the end. Especially stupid was CJ`s responds to what they said, he was only like "aha", "real interesting" or "for real baby?" i mean come on what kind of conversation is that?

Anyway there were few features that i liked, like going to the gym and make CJ buffed like he was Ronnie Coleman in 2006  :lol: or modding vehicles. 

But those weapon skills was straight f*cked up and the gun shots and their sounds were totaly unrealistic. I mean since when does 9m semi-auto gun sounds like a f*cking firecrack? And since when does automatic fire rate depends of the shooter`s weapon skills? When you`ve got zero skills with silenced 9mm pistol it`s fire rate is ridiculously slow. I mean skilled or no skilled shooter, fire rate of semi-auto weapon is always the same, it depends on how fast you`re pulling the trigger and not how skilled you are.

However those are some things that could be a bit more realistic, i`m a dedicated shooter so that kind of things annoys me even if it`s just a game..

But no matter of all faults in SA the game was still VERY good no matter what anyone of us say because that`s just gamer`s personal opinions. Gamers are very tough group of people to satisfy and who are always ungratefull. Many of people were bitchin` about 3D era GTA and many of them are still bitchin` about GTA IV and V. So there will always be complaining and criticising and it`s literaly impossible to make a game that will suit every gamer`s needs and wishes.

Conclusion; SA isn`t best GTA game but it is A VERY GOOD, almost great game which offers you thousands and thousands hours of pure fun and R* did a very good job on it.

• ten-a-penny and Im2akillerfish like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by Militia, 16 July 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Tbh, the number one reason I like SA more than any of the other games in the series is simply put: Proof Vehicles.  I am a collector.  Why do I collect?  Well because each vehicle collected essentially tells a story and the memories will always stick as to how you obtained the vehicle, of the numerous attempts and sometimes hopeless feeling you had when trying to get it, and alas, finally obtaining it.

Everyone keeps saying Toreno.  When I hear "Toreno" I think, oh yeah, Toreno's Last Flight, where I obtained the Comprehensive Proof/Exclusive Color Blue Maverick.  One of my favorite prizes in SA.

Each vehicle tells a small story, and because of the abundance of them in SA, this is why it's my favorite game.

The points most of you make about side stuff and a lot to do in the game, etc, doesn't interest me either.  I don't "like" CJ, but I don't not like him, either, it's just a made up character.  Characters in any GTA game are indifferent to me and Idc if the character was an actual stick figure.  The missions, well, the missions are more or less the same old from ALL GTA games.

My main focus when playing a GTA game is getting to 100%, 0 Cheats Used, 0 Deaths (I only die if it's required to obtain a proof vehicle), 0 Times Busted, and 0 Missions Failed (I only fail a mission if it's required to obtain a proof vehicle, as well).  Not only to get to 100% with great stats, but also as many proof vehicles as I can.  Some of them are so hard, for instance, like the AP Greenwood and AP Fire Truck in SA, that I had to skip them, but I got some other 5/5 difficulty types of vehicles and many easy ones as well.

When new vehicles are discovered, I even feel like re-doing it to 100% with even MORE vehicles I got the first time around.  This is why I love not only SA, but the entire 3D Era (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS) because of these vehicles and how much fun they can be AFTER 100% Completion.  I don't need to save the game anymore, I just load up my saves, have fun, and turn it off.  But these vehicles are what fuels me to play these games.  This is also why I find the HD Era lacking cuz Rockstar has removed them and left nothing but EC (Exclusive Color) vehicles now in the games and these don't interest me like the proof vehicles do.

@MrVance, lol...All the girlfriend's vehicles in SA are Comprehensive Proof (BP, DP, EP, FP)....That's the only reason I like them...

• MiamiViceCity, Username.gta and Andreas like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

@militia you promise you wont laugh at me if i tell you i didn`t know untill this moment that gf`s vehicles in SA were BP/EP etc? :bbq:

After 45x times of replaying SA in the last 7 years i still didn`t know that, well i wasn`t paying too much atention to it but i know i`m going to reload my last saved file where my GF`s are still all alive and date Michelle to 100% just to get that proof monster.

And i realy want to know how to obtain that AP patriot from GSF homies in courier missions? I was trying to get it to the garage once but it disapared.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

The girlfriend vehicles are only proofed if you have the scripts active for 2 time dating.  You have to be on a date when another girlfriend gets jealous.  It's quite complicated, tbh.  I didn't even obtain the AP girlfriend vehicles.

And that Patriot isn't AP because it's not DP.  Comprehensive Proof or All Proof is ONLY referring to vehicles that have the entire proofing properties attached.  If the vehicle is NOT BP/DP/FP/EP, it's not All Proof or Comprehensive Proof.

And when I obtained that Patriot, I got lucky by punching the door once the Patriot has came to a stop, and when I punched the door I was actually able to quickly tap X repeatedly and get inside and drive away, but be quick, cuz the Grove guy will try and jack it back from you and probably drive off speeding away.  Same here, when I tried towing it back to a garage like you normally would do, it'd disappear, too...

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Proof Vehicles.  I am a collector.  

Really? I never would've guessed from all the posts you make about proof vehicles in the GTA V forum. :p

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:34 AM Edited by Militia, 17 July 2014 - 11:35 AM.

I usually mention it in my posts because nobody even knows what they are or even if they exist.  Getting to 100% is only half the battle and experience.  The proof vehicle collections are some of the hardest tasks I ever came into it and it makes the game that much more interesting and fun.  More of a challenge so to speak.  So yeah, I try to enlighten everyone about how the 3D era has these vehicles and the HD era does not.  Only GTA IV "has" them, but it's not how it used to be with obtaining them from missions and with a challenge.  The ones in IV are BP/DP/EP, but they can still show bullet holes, get dented up, etc, but the car simply will never start to smoke and never catch fire and it's done with an exploit with a girlfriend on Love-Meet and Craplist.  It's the "cheap" proofing in IV and the legit proofing in the entire 3D Era (III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS) - Hell, there is even some BP vehicles in Chinatown Wars...

HD era has nerfed the proof vehicles and 100% rewards.  You get absolutely jacksh*t for the entire HD era.  Real big turn off for all the hard work...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

@militia yeah i know what you mean, that thing when triggers a cutscene like when you take out on a date with Millie and Denise shows up. But how do you trigger that cutscene?

But anyway proof or no proof vehicle you always blew up when you hit a tank :cry:

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

To trigger that cutscene with the jealous girlfriend is completely luck based.  If the scripts are active, then it can happen, if they are not active, then you can never get the girlfriend vehicles unless you start a new game.  Only PC you can check if scripts are active, not on PS2/3.  You can try it, and if you get the cutscene that is good news, but if it won't happen after many tries and reloads, it's probably not gonna happen...

And no, this is false.  AP vehicles are completely immune to Tanks, but only in SA.  If you hit a Tank in GTA III, VC, LCS, and VCS, your car is destroyed and you are Wasted.  SA is completely different.  Even random vehicles that are not proofed, when a NPC Tank runs into them, they don't blow up immediately...

zkroll
  • zkroll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

It's hard to explain why I felt that this was the best GTA title, and best game period, but I still till this day think that way. 

It was a combination of the story, the characters, the music, and the setting that cemented the game into my heart.  It's not for thick headed people. 

• SAVILLAIN and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

nope not overrated

GTA SA > GTA V

• MorsPrincipiumEst and Loc14 like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

nope not overrated

GTA SA > GTA V

Altough i`m a loyal 3D era fanboy forever but i`m still quite surprised when someone says that GTA SA is better than V ?

I mean what excatly is so better in SA? in this case quality outrun the quantity but than again you got both Iin V but you got only quantity in SA.

In SA you have no animals in the woods or submarines. In SA you`ve got big map, actually it was f*cking huge map those days but you still haven`t much to do except exploring. But when you explore every corner of the map than you`ll get bored in SA. While in V you will still have fun if nothing else you will chase the animals or beat down that robocop and make him chase you.

I`ve played V again yesterday and i`m still amazed how realistic everythig looks in that game compare to SA. You could almost mistake it for a movie.

SA was a great game back there but eventualy you got enough of those stupid and retarded peds, moronic cops and messed up AI of NPC`s.

If i`m completely honest SA started too look too cartonish since V came out. I would say SA is better than IV, IMO but it can`t be better than V. No way.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

I`ve played V again yesterday and i`m still amazed how realistic everythig looks in that game compare to SA. You could almost mistake it for a movie.

some of you guys watching way to many movies

Loc14
  • Loc14

King of Los Santos

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

ot: its not overrated games like skyrim & cod is overrated. the san andreas fan boys just suck this games dick to much. but you have to remember it was amazing for its time like gta 5. back in 2004 nobody could ever think the amount of stuff you could do in san andreas was possible. back then pc's had a lot of trouble running it back then. it was really amazing in that time but nostalgic fanboys just need to let the game go.

Who's dick you suck then? EA's or Ubisoft's?

• SAVILLAIN and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

some of you guys watching way to many movies

Well not me, personaly i don`t watch movies any more for the past 4, 5 yrs. Only documentars. I rather enjoy GTA games. And GTA games are better than any movie.

Like i said many times already, 3D era will always outrule the HD but i was dying for a bit of more realism in the future GTA games and i finaly got it in V. Great Hollywood-style action adventure combined with sense of realism, that`s what i missed in 3D era.

If you ask me today which is my favourite GTA game ever i`ll still have the same answer as i had few years ago;

1.)VCS (just IMO don`t be so surprised about that :santa: )

2.)SA

3.)VC

But that`s all because of the nostalgia thing which isn`t the exact pinpoint of in which game i have the best fun. Nostalgia or no nostalgia, after thousands and thousands of hours i spent playing GTA SA, VCS and VC i can honestly say that i came to that point where i`m starting to get seriously bored at those good old games. It took very long time before i got realy bored. So now that i`ve replayed aforementioned games 30x or 40x times, completed them up to 100% few times and explored every square inch and every corner of those maps, i don`t have other choice than put those great games in the desk and forget on them for awhile untill nostalgia grabs me again.

So there are plenty of factors when it comes to the opinion on which GTA game one prefers;

-nostalgia and playtime are 2 most important things, even more than graphic, animations etc. How much of nostalgia you have with particular game and how long you`ve spent playing it.

My point is that it`s realy difficult to rate a particular GTA game and say this one is the best, that one is 2.nd best etc..

Anyway i will tell for sure if GTA V realy is so much better than SA when i`m going to play it for 5 yrs constantly and still wont get bored of it like in SA`s case. Untill that time i can`t say for sure but one thing is for sure, both games are hell of a masterpieces and they offer you the highest amount of time enjoying it.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

GTA SA got it right

• MorsPrincipiumEst and Loc14 like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

http://www.thetopten...ed-video-games/

I found this while looking something else. Anyway, SA is far form being most overrated game in history, though i already stated it's overrated status before on this topic. Anyway, take a look here, first game is answer to this question.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

NO !
How could anyone replace the word "FUN" with overrated?
The fact that the game allows you to CHOOSE how you want to play simply can't be an overrated game for me.
Its the kind of freedom that makes GTA SA most fun than any HD GTA. In fact, I find it idiotic, when some people value old games, eps. GTA SA under "Quality > Quantity"?
It has always been reviewed heavily and praised for the amount of freedom to pick and enjoy what GRA SA allows you.
However, some people can't even distinguish between what is boring and what is fun, and simply pick the worse aspects totally ignoring the best parts of the game, esp. after the arrival of HD GTA's, many seem to be more interested in leaning towards drawing out comparisons, ranting so much about the "good old fun" that they can't cope with the general ideas of fun and simplicity when it comes to GTA SA.

I feel HD GTA's have somehow turned GTA SA for many to something they simply don't want to enjoy anymore - could be changed personal preferences, a new noob ( KIDS.... dare I say? :p ) who prefers the "quality" modern gaming offers over an outdated stuff, etc. that has fueled more dissent now than ever before.

GTA SA has several activities that are more challenging having good repeat value than GTA IV and GTA V: BMX, Mt. Chilliad, NRG-500, Stadium events, Driving and Flight schools, 8 Trucker missions, and lastly, my favorite: 22 Different Races!!!
Even collectibles offer variety in approaches ( using jetpacks, go underwater, take snapshots or just spray tags ) and rewards. For me its not boring at all since the story and sub missions give you good opportunities to collect most of them and continue to play these missions as well.
Other various side jobs, objectives,and minor things, more or less, could be easily ignored, if you find it boring, meaning its OPTIONAL.
By simply looking at GTA SA one could easily find a lot that makes it still a fantastic game.
Its definitely not overrated; its misunderstood, as some just ignore to relate the game for what actually GTA stands for, and for the most part, fail to spot the genuinely strong sides of GTA SA and keep throwing a collection of rants about few "optional" annoyances.
  • DCxMoneyxMurdaz, MorsPrincipiumEst and Loc14 like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

NO !
How could anyone replace the word "FUN" with overrated?

Nobody is.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

You're too defensive Osho. I wouldn't put "misunderstood" and SA in the same sentence ever. For me what SA does well is its map design, soundtrack and characters for the most part (even if the story sucks harder than a vaccum cleaner).

The only side mission/activity I like is burglary. Everything else feels bland and as shallow as a puddle. For me it simply spreads itself too thin to be an overall enjoyable experience.

GTA IV, GTA III and VC are better games because they take a more focussed and streamlined approach. SA is the jack of all trades yet the master of nothing IMO as far as individual features are concerned.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

But, I'm not hailing it as perfect game either; sure it was flawed and lacked that refinement, but don't you understand why?
On the plus side, the open world allowed us to make the best use of the map, it greatly enhances in ways what you can do other than storyline missions.
The point you don't seem to notice is that the world of GTA SA was built around simple parameters of fun, and did it satisfyingly good in giving you the sense of many interesting opportunities exists for you with an uneven difficulty throughout. That's the whole part what made GTA SA amazing, IMO
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

-gtaFan-
  • -gtaFan-

Pro Moder

• Members
  • Andorra

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

gta sa is god game

i making hd textures

now it's locked but i will released

its pro hq hd mod by me

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

@Osho, two great comments.  I wouldn't agree more.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

But, I'm not hailing it as perfect game either; sure it was flawed and lacked that refinement, but don't you understand why?
On the plus side, the open world allowed us to make the best use of the map, it greatly enhances in ways what you can do other than storyline missions.
The point you don't seem to notice is that the world of GTA SA was built around simple parameters of fun, and did it satisfyingly good in giving you the sense of many interesting opportunities exists for you with an uneven difficulty throughout. That's the whole part what made GTA SA amazing, IMO

Sorry, but I just don't feel the same sentiment.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:35 PM Edited by Militia, 19 July 2014 - 12:35 PM.

@SonofLiberty, do you go for 100% in GTA?  Just wondering.  If you don't, this could be a factor as to why you don't see eye to eye with people who enjoy SA.

The topic that was locked in the GTA V forum, and also in those "Are you going to 100% in the NG Version" Or "Do you go for 100% in GTA" type of topics, I noticed a lot of people don't go for it.  They just do the story (50% or LESS of the game) and then quit.

When going to 100%, you see the entire spectrum of hard, medium, and easy difficulty like Osho has explained above.  SA is one of those games, literally like a roller coaster.  It's all over the place with easy, medium, and hard.  This is also why I like it so much.  I feel like from the first mission to the end in the HD Era, I been doing the same mission over and over, it never got challenging, and it never changed, it just got more and more boring as I played those games.  Whereas in each 3D Era game, I never feel like this.  But more so SA.  Everytime I think of SA and 100%, "Supply Lines..." comes into my mind as this is a mission (especially on PS2/3) which will make or break 100% for somebody with a short fuse and no patience.  Even "Air Raid" for some people is hell, or the NRG-500 Challenge and BMX Challenge, etc.  There is a lot of bumps on the road to 100% in SA and this is also why it's so great.  To achieve 100%, and better yet, with a proof vehicle collection, feels monumental at the end.  You feel like you did EVERYTHING the game has to offer.  Playing a story isn't what GTA is all about, there is a lot more to it than that, imo.

• Osho and JetsRLove like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Nah. I've never got 100% in any GTA. I think the highest I got was about 93% in GTA IV during one of my saves. Generally though I'm not the type of player who seeks 100% with the only exception being LA Noire.

It's just not for me. There have been times where I've thought about it, but then it feels like I'm making a chore for myself. It's not the way I like to enjoy a game. I would rather try things out for myself then to tediously do every single task for a 100% completion.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

There have been times where I've thought about it, but then it feels like I'm making a chore for myself.

For me, I got to 100% in only III, VC, and SA....With the help of a friend, back in 2007, as to me, it also would of been a chore and really frustrating.  But once I learned of all the proof vehicles in these games back in March of 2014, I thought of re-doing these games and not only reaching 100%, but also having 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, 0 missions failed.  I never used cheats before, but I did have some deaths and busted in my past saves, and also missions failed and also not nearly enough proof vehicles as I thought existed.

So in April 2014, I started SA again.  After all those years of not playing it and actually dreading to do 100% again, I realized once I started the game, that I forgot EVERYTHING.  So SA was as fresh as GTA VI would be, tbh, completely new and not knowing anything about it.  Once I obtained the first proof vehicle on my list to obtain in SA, that is when the game became more serious to me and gave me the fuel I needed to complete and gather up as many vehicles as I could, thus not having the feeling of the games being a chore.  After I finished SA with 23 proof vehicles, 100% Completion, 0 Cheats, 0 Busted, 3 Deaths (Had to die to obtain 3 vehicles) and all missions passed without saving over a failure (unless it was required to obtain a vehicle), I then felt extremely proud of myself as I did NOT need help from a friend and I did it all by myself way better than most people can do in SA.  This once again gave me the fuel to then do GTA III 2 days after I finished SA, and in this game I was dreading it even MORE than SA as it's the hardest in the series by far.  Nobody will reach 100% without cheats unless they carefully plan this game and also are determined as it's really f*cking hard, not the story, I mean tasks in general to reach 100%.  Again, once I got all proof vehicles in the game, 100%, 0 cheats, deaths, busted, missions failed, etc, I did VC and did the same thing, then LCS, and VCS and did the same thing.  I got extremely good saves with amazing collections and after trucking through all 5 games back to back to back to back to back, SA is still my favorite game.

So no, it's not nastalgia (as I forgot EVERYTHING from 2007 when I did the game the first time) or a fetish with CJ and all this "SA fanboy" nonsense like people keep claiming as to why me, and millions of others like SA, it's simply cuz SA is a great game and has tons of memories and things to offer.  Out of all 5 3D Games, I felt SA was the most memorable cuz it was the most varied.  It didn't actually feel like a chore.  Whereas LCS and VCS felt more like a chore than any of the games, but SA is farthest from the chore due to it's variation which was essentially a breath of fresh air.

So all in all, SA is always gonna be by far the best game for me with the most variation and fun in a GTA game hands down.  But overall, I still love the entire 3D Era for different reasons over HD.  I rather do Paramedics Level 12, than go Bowling in GTA IV.  I rather do Vigilante Level 12, than playing Pool in TLaD.  I rather do Fire Truck Level 12, than playing Darts in TBoGT, etc.  The side activities for 100% in the HD Era are really silly and Yoga in GTA V ought to the worst one out of them all, however...Since it IS required for 100%, I force myself to do it.  If something feels like a chore, I always force myself to do it, knowing that it'll be over in no time.  100 Taxi Fares for instance is a chore, but it only takes like an hour and a half or 2 hours tops.  Out of a whole 24 hour day, taking 2 hours to complete a chore isn't something that bothers me...

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Nah. I've never got 100% in any GTA

Seriously, then what makes otherwise think are we talking about?
It's not your prerogative then to believe that I'm too defensive; knowing that your playstyle varies from mine, and also you've to play this game with the same level of total interest; just like GTA IV :p
After all, a game where people regularly attempt to spend the most time are often those games they like to play; irrespective how others take it.

@ Militia
That's the whole point why I still find GTA SA amazing. Can't really say I find the same level of crazy fun and willingly spend hours in GTA IV ( incl. GTA V ) other than, that I felt it was worth playing for a change to enjoy the details and few decent side missions that made up for poor Niko.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Exactly ^^^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users