Quantcast

» «
Photo

is SA the Most overrated game in history?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

SA's story was nothing to write home about, so I indeed think it's overrated.  The missions themselves were fun, but the story itself was whatever to me.  Only played through the game once.

• Jeansowaty and ten-a-penny like this

Miha300
  • Miha300

Hermes best CARE EVER!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

Graphics don t make game.(Have in mind that GTA SA was made 10 years ago!!)

You can t say that GTA SA missions are boring,maybe few of them,but for me GTA SA HAS BEST STORYLINE.

They screwed up GTA V with three characters,plus I doubt that it will come out for pc because 50% of gamers is using pc they won t be available to play.

btw.I am enjoying that pepole who never played GTA SA saying that SA is sh*t,but they are actually playing online tetris on their sh*tty phones,so don t comment the game if you didnt played.

• latigreblue likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

GTA SA is the best GTA for me.

3 unique cities: We can't deny that staying in one city or location gets boring after a while. In GTA SA we had 3 great places. I personaly prefer Los Santos but I did get sick of it and went to other cities until I wanted to come back.

Gangs: I loved getting 7 or what ever the highest was and starting gang shootouts. Even have the police. I would use the wanted cheat and get 4 stars then quickly go to no wanted and make them kill each other. 

Missions: In my opinion I felt the mission are still the best in any GTA game. They ain't way too over the top like lots of GTA V missions but mostly goes with the story. 

Cheats: Still the best GTA game when it comes to cheat codes. 

Police: One thing they f*cked up with V is you can't commit one crime without getting wanted. In SA I could go around killing 7 or 8 people before I get a wanted level which quickly went away and I could do the same thing again. 

RPG elements: Some liked it while others didn't but we all can agree it did add to hours to the gameplay

GTA V still can't beat GTA III, VC, and SA for me. The legendary trilogy will always be above the HD era in my books. 

• B Dawg likes this

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

most Overrated game Made by R* Easily  i used to rate it when i was younger but now Not   So much looking back it was quite Impressive for its Time  with 3 Cities and tons of Features /  Content but in many ways its aged Worse than III And Vice City and the Content which people have such a hard on for is for the Most Part Unnecessary And The Story is Laughable. 

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Bullsh*t, this game is far from overrated. Foh

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

Hasn't been any game in history that has attracted as much attention as SA did. People were staying up days straight to play it and sold in record numbers.

Personally I still have not had as much excitement playing a video game as I had when SA was first released. And I hold every game I play now to the same feeling I had when I first was playing SA (which none have matched up or come close yet).

It was huge and way ahead of its time (other than the graphics).

Overrated? Only somebody who wasn't playing GTAs back then would say that.

• mrfilmpjesmaker123 likes this

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

In retrospect, San Andreas is very overrated. However, it was best experienced when it came out. I pre-ordered it, and there was no other game experience like it.

Brunner123
  • Brunner123

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

I try to pla gta sa and I just think it is silly. It is not better than gta 5. Just how I feel.  

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

SA is not overrated. Battlefield 4 and gta v are overrated. SA provide a fun which other games do not provide. Gta V is like you are controlling a hero in a movie nothing else. If SA missions are hard thats your problem because passing hard mission is a fun and thats what games are made for. If you think SA missions are hard then sit and watch cartoons on tv because you don't have the skills to play games. Play SA in ios or android and you will like the new graphics. GTA IV is a crap and is the worst game if the gta series except the protagonist Nikko.

GTA V saled more because it was set in san andreas and people hoped that it will return most of the things of SA.

no need to be a asshole to the op. and gta 5 sold more because it was well advertised.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:43 AM Edited by watchclock, 22 June 2014 - 06:45 AM.

Goldeneye

or

Final Fantasy VII

Both make me want to throw-up

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Overrated? Only somebody who wasn't playing GTAs back then would say that.

I'm a veteran of the series long before SA was even a thought on paper and I still stand by opinion that it's overrated.
  • The Odyssey and ten-a-penny like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

No it isn't, not even close. Fallout 3 and The Walking Dead (2012) are good contenders for that.

• AnDReJ98 likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

I said in my previous post that it's overrated by this crazy fanbase, but it really is still a big game, however, TWD is the most overrated game in history.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I Do Want To Set The World On Fire!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

I don't see how it could be overrated. It didn't dumb down anything trying to please noobs, gave us a diverse world with 3 cities, 90+ missions of fun, the greatest and most memorable characters in a GTA, gave more depth to weapons, the biggest list of cheats, RPG elements (yes the food fat stuff is hated, but I loved the weapon skills that made a difference, cars that looked and handled well and diverse, customization, etc.)

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

GTA SA is not overrated,it is a really great game.It has well made missions,interesting story,good graphics(for that time),good characters,great soundtrack and a lot of side content.In my opinion,no later game had come as close to being that good until GTA 5(and in my opinion even GTA 5 isn´t better than SA,I would say they are even,what one lacks the other has).There was just so much great stuff in GTA SA(gambling,in game minigames on those fictional consoles and arcade machines,gang recruitment,gang warfare,burglary,vehicle customization,character customization,wide variety of vehicles and weapons to use,three cities and almost a dozen towns...),it´s a shame GTA 5 lacks most of those stuff.

• ten-a-penny likes this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

ot: its not overrated games like skyrim & cod is overrated. the san andreas fan boys just suck this games dick to much. but you have to remember it was amazing for its time like gta 5. back in 2004 nobody could ever think the amount of stuff you could do in san andreas was possible. back then pc's had a lot of trouble running it back then. it was really amazing in that time but nostalgic fanboys just need to let the game go.

diorthotis
  • diorthotis

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Really!? I think this game is freakin awesome. Mostly because of the realisim of the interaction with NPCs, as well as the unspoken and very obscure things that nobody seems to care about, like befriending the enemy.

• mrfilmpjesmaker123 likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 24 June 2014 - 11:24 PM.

San Andreas has alot going for it, like large variety, lots of side-missions, a large map and good soundtrack. You know what I don't like though? Everything else. CJ I felt was a whiny and unlikable protagonist, highly overrated. The driving feels sluggish. Cars handle worse than VC and III, and running over objects and pedestrians slows your car down. There's also a good number of frustrating, boring missions (e.g Learning To Fly).

A good number of SA fanboys make me sick, they bash newer GTAs in favour of this "holy grail". That's mostly the reason why I look down on this game, as someone who tries to appreciate every GTA installment for what it tries to do. I bet they'd love CJ's big black dick in their mouth.

• MiamiViceCity and ten-a-penny like this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

My first gta I ever bought with my own money was gta4. My second gta I bought was actually gtasa. Only reason why I bought it was because of the nostalgic feeling I was craving for when I used to play it with my friend back when I was younger. Gtasa wad just the best of the best and I had incredible amount of fun playing it. But once I bought it on ps3 (to keep me occupied until gta5), it felt excruciatingly lacking. I mean yes it was a ps2 game but still. I didn't have any attachment to the protagonist, the missions became undoubtedly annoying to play because of the strange controls. Only kick I got out of the game were the cheat codes.

The more we progress technologically, the more people will demand from a videogame. And let's face it, graphics add a great sense of immersion and even if people say that graphics don't add to the game (which is true because it's all about gameplay), they will still go "wow" if the game is beautiful.

But returning on topic, I never got into gtasa, never felt what what the character was feeling. I just feel like people say that gtasa is the best because of nostalgia or because they are fanboys towards the whole ghetto theme.

That's just my two cents.
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

Look at it this way: In the time it came out, it was very refreshing and amazing.

Sure now GTA V has surpassed it, but the feel from playing GTA SA back then when we weren't used to all the stuff we have now, was better than playing GTA V now.

• rockstarfanboy1987 likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

Nope.  SA is king.  And no, I hated Gang Wars, so that isn't the reason.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Most games are great in their own way, SA is easily the best PS2 game, and IMO contends for the best GTA game too, along with GTA IV. I don't know why all the hate on SA, who cares what the graphics looks like, the story and gameplay is good so that's good enough for me when it comes to a fantastic game.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

Exactly.  It's a great game.  It's not cuz I like CJ.  It's not cuz I like repetitive idiotic Gang Wars.  It's not that I liked the story as I skip all cutscenes and hang up the cell phone calls.

So why do I like it?

Simply cuz it has a lot to offer, it didn't feel as repetitive as some of the other GTA games, and it was all around a fun game.  Not to mention some things for 100% Completion were actually challenging, unlike anything in the HD Era.

III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS > IV, TLaD, TBoGT, V.

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

JetsRLove
  • JetsRLove

Jets are love, Jets are life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

The story was decent and the gameplay was great. Look at gta 4, great story with nothing to do afterwards. Which one is really overrated?

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Well the game ratings arent always fair and that certainly isn`t such accurate pinpoint on game`s actual quality but in SA`s case i would say it rules 3D era because of some unique features that no other game had in that era; -diverse environment from badlands to desert -great aircrafts with at least 3x times higher height limit than in VC or VCS -the ability to swim and DIVE which is great -very rich vocabulary of peds etc etc and many many more things that make this game unique. Of course the plot itself isn`t as great as it was in VC but it is still interesting. Well maybe there are too many unbelievably unrealistic missions in the game (like green goo, black project, freefall etc) but than again i can number the missions from all GTA series which were realistic on my fingers only. So, i would say that such things as overrated and underrated games do exists, like in GTA VCS`s case when game was truely unfairly underrated but SA isn`t overated or underrated at all, i think it was realy unique game.

Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

How is this game overrated? For a 2004 game, it was f*cking massive, you can do everything you want in this game, tell me one game which got released 2004 which you have that much freedom.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

I think the people bashing SA and calling us all SA Fanboys are just hurt cuz we don't like their trash HD Era or something like that.

Of course it's the king of GTA with the most you can do during and after 100% Completion.  And for it's time it surely is the king of ALL games, not just GTA, as well, imo.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

Most games are great in their own way, SA is easily the best PS2 game, and IMO contends for the best GTA game too, along with GTA IV. I don't know why all the hate on SA, who cares what the graphics looks like, the story and gameplay is good so that's good enough for me when it comes to a fantastic game.

At the very least I can say it was a good game, but I've never been able to get into it. CJ annoys me as much as Trevor annoys me in GTA V, but I suppose in GTA V at least I can switch. I'm stuck with CJ no matter what.

The soundtrack is pretty cool and I like Woozie, The Truth and Toreno. The map is more atmospheric than GTA V's IMO, but on a whole for me it's not "great". GTA IV is because it has more of what I like. Similar for GTA III and VC.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

I rebought it off the Xbox 360 marketplace recently.

While the super fast load times are great, I pretty much stopped playing it because the story is so freakin' bleh.  There's some funny moments in the story like with Toreno, but nothing motivates me to finish the story, and rather just screw around the map.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

I personally find the SF and desert missions very interesting so i would like to have more desert missions. While that LS gangsta stuff isn`t my kind of fun but what the hell, the storyline itself isn`t the thing that makes SA one of the best GTA games. That reason goes to diversity of map and things that you could do after the main plot is finished.

In SA you will not get bored so easy, i needed a whole 7 years of playingit before i got completely bored. Hell i got bored in GTA3 or LCS after only 14 days.

For me, SA, VCS and V are the only 3 GTA games in which i don`t get bored after i finish the storyline. And that counts big time because the experienced GTA gamer finishes the storylines in a range of 5 hrs in GTA 3 to the range of 2-3 days in GTA V so what you gonna do next? Replay it again? No, you will go freeroaming and have some fun. And this is when SA rules.

• DrBest likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users