Photo

The Mighty Useless Annihilator!

142 replies to this topic
Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

#PCMasterRace

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:52 PM Edited by Aero Dynamo, 04 April 2014 - 03:55 PM.

What The Annihilator Needs:

(1): More Speed: last time I checked, I could reach Playboy X's safehouse from Niko/Roman's old house is SECONDS in IV.

(2): Gun coverage at the Crosshair: seriously. in both the Buzzard AND the Annihilator, the guns shoot at the right and left from the crosshair. what's the point if I aim at the middle, but the guns fire at the right and left of the target? this problem accour in both the Buzzard and Annihilator

(3): Explosive Shots: last time I played IV, I could blast endless vehicles with the Annihilator EXPLOSIVE bullets.

(4): Annihilator turns into Gunship: what about getting some Machine Guns on the sides for passenger use? ain't that would be awesome? ;)

(5): Strong/Auto-Aim weapons: how can you NOT imagine the ability of using Auto-Aimed Combat MGs? Explosive Machine Guns (Pilot) and Free-Aimed Rockets (Co-Pilot) with Auto-Aimed MGs/Advanced Rifles? (Passengers)

(6): (Optional) Free-Aim Rockets (NOT Missiles); similar to GTA SA's Hunter, where you could fire endless rockets. same here, but instead of that, we'll have Limited Rockets that fire in the direction of the camera.

you guys inspired me to make a thread and ask about ideas to buff this awesome Helicopter :p

I have already Discussed point 4 in my OP. The Annihilator needs Door Gunners. Well Rockstar could remove the existing machine guns on the annihilator and replace them with door gunners. That would be cool. Also when no passangers to control the door gunners the pilot should automatically be able to control them from the copit. Rockstar could do with a fresh Reskin of the Annihilator. Probably add camo versions on it and say lazer targeting or some new stuff...

army.mil-46993-2009-08-03-160837.jpg

Would love a Matte Black Version of the Annihilator! Looks uber awesome!

• ten-a-penny and LancerG2 like this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

They could also add flares that counter missiles from the Buzzard. If they did only that and nothing else it would already be a huge improvement.

DrunkenMunkey78
  • DrunkenMunkey78

3rd Street Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by drunkenMUNKEY78, 04 April 2014 - 04:38 PM.

I preferred this to the Buzzard in GTA 4 because its faster and it has explosive miniguns (TBOGT) But now there's literally no reason to own it. It has neither of those good qualities now. Not even mentioning the fact that its extremely unstable and hard to control compared to most heli's.

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Even if that's true, the Buzzard also has the guns, and it's more manueverable and smaller and therefore harder to hit. If we're talking an Annihilator fully loaded with passengers with MG's or assault rifles, that might give it the edge.

Buzzard's guns suck in comparison, and the maneuverability advantage isn't very pronounced when all is said and done.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Kinkade
  • Kinkade

Walk softly...

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

The Annihilator already has aide gunners. They are called friends, and they can fire two Combat MGs from each side. Sure, she isn't fast, and she'll not win many beauty contests, but a fully loaded beast is a force to be reckonef with (depending on pilot skill, of course).

People seem to forget that Blackhawks weren't designed to win dogfights, and thus often lose them. What they excel at is suppressive fire and troop deployment, and this is something that a touch more armor and a bit more speed could fix.

If you want a gunship, call for the Hydra's return. If you want a quick strike chopper, call your Buzzard. But if you need to get your crew from point A to point B without people straggling behind, call the transport chopper that is the Annihilator.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Yeah I agree the Annihilator needs more going for it, Door Gunners would be a great start, a speed buff would be cool as well, it was a bit faster in IV if I remember correctly. 

I don't hate the thing (Actually I love flying it around for the hell of it)

I also agree with the Apache thing, hell the damn thing even appears in one of the movies in the game fully modeled from the looks of it so I hope it sneaks in with a new pack, would be cool as hell if it sneaks in with the Heist stuff. Also flying upside down would kick some mighty ass. Also hope the missles lock on like the buzzards as well, hell then it'd be the only heli I use after that. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Even if that's true, the Buzzard also has the guns, and it's more manueverable and smaller and therefore harder to hit. If we're talking an Annihilator fully loaded with passengers with MG's or assault rifles, that might give it the edge.

Buzzard's guns suck in comparison, and the maneuverability advantage isn't very pronounced when all is said and done.

I thought they were the same.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Nope, they are significantly stronger.
  • ¥en likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

What the difference between a rocket and a missile? I thought a rocket was just a missile that doesn't explode on impact.

the Missiles:

Aircraft_Missile_AGM-88_HARM_2.jpg936c57

the Rockets:

Iranian-Rockets.jpg

second difference; Missiles are Guide-able, Rockets aren't (can be proving wrong though)

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

What The Annihilator Needs:

(1): More Speed: last time I checked, I could reach Playboy X's safehouse from Niko/Roman's old house is SECONDS in IV.

(2): Gun coverage at the Crosshair: seriously. in both the Buzzard AND the Annihilator, the guns shoot at the right and left from the crosshair. what's the point if I aim at the middle, but the guns fire at the right and left of the target? this problem accour in both the Buzzard and Annihilator

(3): Explosive Shots: last time I played IV, I could blast endless vehicles with the Annihilator EXPLOSIVE bullets.

(4): Annihilator turns into Gunship: what about getting some Machine Guns on the sides for passenger use? ain't that would be awesome? ;)

(5): Strong/Auto-Aim weapons: how can you NOT imagine the ability of using Auto-Aimed Combat MGs? Explosive Machine Guns (Pilot) and Free-Aimed Rockets (Co-Pilot) with Auto-Aimed MGs/Advanced Rifles? (Passengers)

(6): (Optional) Free-Aim Rockets (NOT Missiles); similar to GTA SA's Hunter, where you could fire endless rockets. same here, but instead of that, we'll have Limited Rockets that fire in the direction of the camera.

you guys inspired me to make a thread and ask about ideas to buff this awesome Helicopter :p

I have already Discussed point 4 in my OP. The Annihilator needs Door Gunners. Well Rockstar could remove the existing machine guns on the annihilator and replace them with door gunners. That would be cool. Also when no passangers to control the door gunners the pilot should automatically be able to control them from the copit. Rockstar could do with a fresh Reskin of the Annihilator. Probably add camo versions on it and say lazer targeting or some new stuff...

army.mil-46993-2009-08-03-160837.jpg

Would love a Matte Black Version of the Annihilator! Looks uber awesome!

Yeah hate that gay-ass yellow strip on the side, it sucks.

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:51 AM Edited by Goneinfiveseconds, 05 April 2014 - 08:53 AM.

R* should remove the gunpod add door gun and rappelling rope then enable fast roping on player controlled chopper and military livery
  • LancerG2 likes this

budcat
  • budcat

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

What do your stats say for Annihilator Minigun kills?

I've got 42.

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:36 AM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 05 April 2014 - 11:36 AM.

What SkylineGTRfreak said. They're somewhat stronger, the hard part is the aim. Took out a 100% armour chrenity in no time earlier.

I've got 42.

Annihilator minigun: 19

Buzzard Minigun: 1

:panic:

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Papers. Business papers.

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:15 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 05 April 2014 - 12:15 PM.

If they added a Comanche it would cost $120m and Pegasus would deliver it 6 years after you wanted it ;)

Annihilator with Lazer guns  :die:

• ten-a-penny likes this

x420Raptor
  • x420Raptor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

So, You know I am talking about, That big black and yellow stripe with miniguns and stuff. Most of you here {including me} are Experienced Buzzard Fliers and we are very good at it. During freeroam when we want to chase down that flying luxor and shoot it out of the sky just for fun or when we are chasing the bad guys and want to blow them up or stop them in their tracks or even during missions when we need air support to help our friendlies during a gun battle, We all turn to our Beloved Buzzard.

1: It is too big and can be easily spotted in the sky

2: It is not that fast compared to a Buzzard

3: It is a bit hard to Maneuver it compared to a Buzzard

4: Most Important is that it has no Rockets and the Machine guns on it are completely Useless.

Im going to stop you right there... Nobody on GTAO that says "annihilator machine guns are useless" can ever class themself as a good pilot or good with a buzzard. Anybody can fly the buzzard and shoot LOCK ON ROCKETS. Those people I catch doing that an trying to shoot me in a buzzard i severely punish in game as its honestly embarrassing to bear witness to. 

Most of the time, Assuming its a 1 vs 1 dogfight with no other outside influences and starts face to face, I will beat a buzzard with the annihilator. Any skilled pilot will agree with this, because no matter how they tried to nerf the annihilator, the real pros can still dust of their skills with our beloved bird. 

I totally disagree with giving the annihilator lock on rockets, I think personally ALL LOCK-ON ROCKETS should be removed. It takes absolutely no skill & ruins the air game in GTA. Helicopters are almost so easy that my nephew could fly and get kills with them now so one of the only thing left for us real pros to do is flex our skills in air races (even modders ruin that for us).

The only changes that need to be made to the annihilator & buzzard to bring them more in line with the skill they used to require are the following:

- Remove Lock on rockets from buzzard & allow the nose to turn a little bit faster, possibly angle the guns a little more central although I wouldnt mind either way.,

- Increase the annihilator top speed so it is on par with the buzzard again as it was in GTA 4.

- Allow the nose of the annihilator to turn faster and give it back its mobility, the annihilator has been ruined by pathetic mobility in this game and most of the time is a sitting duck in the sky against tanks/jets/snipers etc.

Stop all these f*cking noob threads with wannabe pilots who have no idea what they are talking about & do not think about the impact of lock on rockets...

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

^

expect the Lazer since its a fighter jet, and that means it'll ALWAYS have lock-on missiles.

the Buzzard should have NON-LOCK-ON Rockets instead ;)

also I agree with you. top speed + mobility + machine guns on either side (passenger use) + explosive shots = perfect Annihilator

:cool:

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Damn this thread makes want to join air force :p

Anyways I prefer plan B. OHDUDE 

• ten-a-penny likes this

Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

#PCMasterRace

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Damn this thread makes want to join air force  :p

Anyways I prefer plan B. OHDUDE 

Plan B is to replace the Annihilator hopefully Rockstar does that. Something new for a change!

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

Let's just give the annihilator explosive shells, lock on missiles, bulletproof windows, make it indestructible and give it a nice pink finish. Also, it can fly underwater. Because that's what this topic is about, fantasies that don't make sense. :)

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:33 AM Edited by ktm_ryder, 07 April 2014 - 10:38 AM.

I've got 42.

77, but wonder how many are actually player kills of them...

Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

#PCMasterRace

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Let's just give the annihilator explosive shells, lock on missiles, bulletproof windows, make it indestructible and give it a nice pink finish. Also, it can fly underwater. Because that's what this topic is about, fantasies that don't make sense. :)

Pink Seriously?  :blink:

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

Pink Seriously?  :blink:

Go type "sarcasm" in google ;)

• LancerG2 likes this

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

I usually fight in first person view with the Annihilator.  It seems to work very well close in to any aircraft and vehicles on the road don't last long.  Its slow even flight allows you to keep the crosshairs on the target.  I want it to be a better helicopter also, but I'm not about to call it useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users