What's really next gen

37 replies to this topic
esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Direct X 12 update (when it does come) X1 will hit 1080p 60FPS easily they said. They do have games that are 1080p 60 FPS already.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:15 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 03 April 2014 - 08:15 PM.

Very few games do actually. Forza does it because it's a racing game, it's designed to be fast paced, so FPS is important in a racing game. I don't see Ryse doing it either, especially since it's literally just a QTE game. Dead Rising 3 is 30 fps, but that's understandable.

Heck, Titanfall can't even maintain a stable 60 fps, and that runs on a 10 year old engine, it drops down to the 20's for christ's sake.

Wolf247
  • Wolf247

Writer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Other than graphics what truly next gen things do you want to see this gen?

I'm kinda interested in the Nemesis System in Shadow of Mordor.

I want to see gaming like it was set in 2006, now it's too complicated and kitch. I would like to see that, and cheaper computer gear. And we don't want it to be super realistic, maybe we'd like some super-realistic reflections like in GTA V. But another thing that still exists, but isn't common is a fully destructible map, and enhanced Ragdoll mechanisms. But there is one thing that I would like to be common, a control system which would be made out of a mouse, a part of the keyboard which is used to move, with numbers from 1 to 0, Enter, Tab, Shift, Control, Alt, Space, Capslock, and maybe Y (or Z), X, D, F, and E. I think the mouse is an ingenious invention, and that it perfectly fits for gaming. If we could use it on Consoles, which are commonly used for gaming, that would be awesome. Oh, and BTW, super-smart AI would be good too.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 03 April 2014 - 10:06 PM.

To me next-gen means exactly what it is. The next iteration of product so and so. But also the expectation that everything will be improved upon greatly from previous efforts.

The Division and The Order are two titles that make me say 'yep next gen territory'.

Once more devs ditch the PS3 and 360 we will see more "WOW" looking games. Not just including graphics but A.I.,sound design, controls/animations.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

-Large multiplayer servers. 100+ players.

-Improved sync and physics in multiplayer games.

-Soft-body damage physics (Some PC games already have this).

-4k (Some people may laugh at this one and say the consoles can barely handle 720 & 1080p. Well I think by the middle of this gen we will see 4k games running at 30 fps, because developers will learn how to develop their games efficiently to work on both Xbox One & PS4. For example look at last gen and how much the games improved over time.)

-Dynamic weather system that can effect the game world in many different ways.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I hope to see all the things listed above and much more happen over the course of this console generation.

I agree with everything but the 4k thing, Developers won't need to develop 4k games because the market will be low for them, Considering the cost of 4k tvs, Not enough people would have them

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:19 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 03 April 2014 - 10:20 PM.

It's not even about the market or the cost of the TVs. These consoles can't handle 4K textures/resolution. These consoles aren't as powerful as people think.

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Cross platform online gaming. But we all know better.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

If The Division is a first year current gen game imagine what games we'll have by the end of this gen. :panic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users