Mental state player stat

62 replies to this topic
Lorajet
  • Lorajet

Mind. Blown.

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Yes, please tell about the special crate since I've never been able to get to one in time (or they keep disappearing)....

Hopefully this weekend will be different.

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

It's a backwards system that doesn't work, just an extension of bad sport. I was motionless in a vehicle when an npc on a sanchez slammed into the side of me, increasing my stat. Stupid liberal crap. Why don't they just turn off all weapons and contact, that where we're heading.

bad sport and mental sate dont stop you playing how you want, they just make it clear to other players how you play, if you shoot on sight a lot your mental state will increase, increasing the chance of people shooting on sight at you. i play relatively friendly and the times i get shot at on sight has dropped dramatically as i'm a constant white dot.

people who complain about these features and claim their being punished are just childish, all they do is level the playing field, allowing other players to decide how they want to approach you. your problem is you want to go around blowing up PVs and shooting players on sight, which is ok, if that's how you want to play thats fine, but the problem lies in the fact you want to be the only one doing so, you don't like the fact other players now know you're going to shoot them first, removing your advantage. 

edit: anyway, i came here to ask if anyone has worked out how quickly it rises and for what actions, and how long it takes to reduce?

People have a problem with the system because just killing NPCs would also cause it to rise. Yesterday I fought the cops in my car for about 5 - 10 minutes and after I finished I filled up an entire bar of my mental state stat, and without killing a single player.

There is no true way of telling if that red player over there is truly hostile or they're just a player who waged war with cops recently.

yeh that's ridiculous, the point artoisformoi made that made me think he was one of the people who think it's punishing violent players was his 'why dont they just turn off all weapons and contact, that where we heading'  as that's an argument many of them use, i was simply stating it's not punishing anyone, and not discouraging weapon use, just leveling the playing field. however as you've just pointed out, there are certain flaws which mean that if anyone, it's punishing non-violent players. 

but i can tell you i've been constantly checking mine, and although occasionally i get dragged into one on one shooting, or having to defend myself, or a situation that requires revenge, or even protecting myself against police, i have never gone above 2 out of 5 on the mental state bar, you can stay non-violent if you really want to.

I am one of those players who like sticking it to the OP police in this game and wage wars with them frequently, sometimes in a car and other times in my tank. I never pick fights with players but I will pop them one if push comes to shove.

This system limited my cop killing exponentially because I don't want every player in the server gunning for me simply because my dot is red.

This system is suppose to alert you to how hostile other players in your server are, but how can you tell when players are listed as hostile by simply killing cops that every player in this game despises?

i agree, it should have been limited to PvP actions, but Rockstar never get anything spot on first time do they? lets hope enough people complain and it gets altered, because the game in general is better off with it, cos i can tell you i've found that the red dots are much much more likely to shoot me on sight, it just needs a little touching up. all i can suggest it stick to invite only while you have your way with the cops, then wait till mental state reduces before going public.. not a great work around , but all i got for now.

edit: i just spent 20 minutes protecting myself against a red dotter who was trying to spawn kill me, i kept getting the warnng message but never went above what must have been about 10% of the first bar out of 5

As explained elsewhere, if you kill a player that has a high mental state you gain less points to your mental state bar yourself. If you killed a player whos mental state stat is maxed out or nearly maxed out you actually gain no points to your own stat.

You could shoot them all day and barely get anything or maybe even nothing at all to your mental state.

artoisformoi
  • artoisformoi

Square Civilian

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

It's a backwards system that doesn't work, just an extension of bad sport. I was motionless in a vehicle when an npc on a sanchez slammed into the side of me, increasing my stat. Stupid liberal crap. Why don't they just turn off all weapons and contact, that where we're heading.

bad sport and mental sate dont stop you playing how you want, they just make it clear to other players how you play, if you shoot on sight a lot your mental state will increase, increasing the chance of people shooting on sight at you. i play relatively friendly and the times i get shot at on sight has dropped dramatically as i'm a constant white dot.

people who complain about these features and claim their being punished are just childish, all they do is level the playing field, allowing other players to decide how they want to approach you. your problem is you want to go around blowing up PVs and shooting players on sight, which is ok, if that's how you want to play thats fine, but the problem lies in the fact you want to be the only one doing so, you don't like the fact other players now know you're going to shoot them first, removing your advantage. 

edit: anyway, i came here to ask if anyone has worked out how quickly it rises and for what actions, and how long it takes to reduce?

I don't want to know how other people play, I like the element of surprise in a game. If a lobby was filled with people all playing the same way it would be a pretty boring experience. It doesn't tell you anything about a player. For example, how do tell the difference between someone simply defending themselves and someone on a rampage? You can't, which is why it doesn't work. As I said in my post, mine increased due to an npc crashing into me, if thats not a flawed system, what is? To be honest you sound like the sort of player who wants to spend your time in passive mode, giving everyone a high five and obeying the traffic laws. Maybe this game isn't for you. BTW, not once did I say I anything about blowing up PVs or shooting on site.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users