Bullpup Rifle - Impressions/Thoughts?

166 replies to this topic
DrunkGamer
  • DrunkGamer

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

Personally, I feel the gun is ugly as all f*ck. Also it doesn't really fit in GTA. It's not really "gangsta gun" or really used at all by criminals and it isn't very high tech or modern (like the Advanced Rifle based on the Tavor series of rifles) I'm honestly a little disappointed same with Special Carbine. I really really want a Galil :(

Who cares if it isn't a gangsta gun? oh yeah you do you sad fool, also you're not meant to be some petty thug you're meant to be a high roller who can get the fancy sh*t and i bet criminals at least the most powerful in real life get these kinds of guns sorry little boy but if you were looking for a bit of authuentic sh*t in this game then you are mistaken

Some guns are too off. They need to do something to make us use all of them somehow.

The Pump Shotgun and Sawn-off Shotgun are basically useless since EVERYONE uses the Assault Shotgun because it's automatic. 

No one uses pistols except for the AP Pistols just because it's automatic. 

They added the SnS and Heavy Pistol in yet it's never used. 

Micro SMG, MG, Assault SMG, SMG are never used since the Combat MG dominates them.

Case in point, weapons should be more of a playstyle cosmetic thing. Weapon balance. It's a shame some guns will never be used.

The Heavy Sniper has more range and power and the normal Sniper has a silencer which is good. Since it makes a diverse difference given the situation. If the Heavy Sniper had a silencer attachment, no one would ever use the normal one since it would be weaker in every category.

One suggestion I'd like to point out is, what if they made a special dual wielding mechanic for the non-automatic pistols, you think people would use them then?

Having an equal chance of taking down someone with let's say a Special Carbine if you're holding 2 SnS Pistols, one in each hand. I only want us to explore more variety.

But there's a reason we leveled up to unlock some of these weapons. This game doesn't require gun balancing as much as a competitive FPS may. Although I do agree to an extent. In free roam, up against another player, its either 1.) AR of choice, 2.) Explosives, 3.) Auto Shotty, and lastly the combat MG. In that order. But I happen to think that's OK.

What I really wanted to mention was that I make plenty of use of most of the guns you say get ignored. I use the Heavy Pistol all the time, in missions, survivals, gang attacks. Same with the MP5(silenced), MG, Assault SMG (headshot machine), as well as my silenced gold AK. I thoroughly enjoy all those guns & do not at all find them to be useless. So a lot of it falls on how you choose to play the game.

I agree that dual weilding pistols seems like it would fit in with GTA very well, though the scenario you mentioned sounds rage-inducing in the least. If it were an FPS predicated on skill, then it would make more sense. But this isn't.

Oh & also.

Carbine Rifle Master Race. Those who use the advanced/special rifle are Sheep. Bahhhh

Those who use any weapon they feel like using are the master race so go die in a hole
Nope! Wrong! You're worng. I'm right! What's it like to suck & be wrong? Go be incorrect elsewhere! CRMR

LOLOLOL CryBaby Bitch

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

Since most of the attention seems to be towards the new vehicles, why not talk about the new weapon in the upcoming 'High Life' Update for GTA V/Online?

What are your impressions of the Bullpup Rifle? And where do you think it will stand statistically among the other assault rifles?

At first glance it looks sort of like a Famas G2. Although, from Rockstar's image, the design only seems to look like an assault rifle variant of the Assault SMG. Unfortunately, not as unique as the last update's SpecialCarbine. (G36C).

actual_1396451188.jpg

41474.jpg

Mightn't already been said but the gun is based on a QBZ-25 (I forgot the numbers at the end of the name, who cares?) The gun is a chinese make, To be honest, it sucks, if they where going to do a model of a assault rifle they should have used one from the British Bullpup Rifle of the L85A2

L85.jpg

But since rockstars sh*t with weapon decisions, it's a off chance. Besides, whats done is done.

shadyelf
  • shadyelf

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

or the Steyr AUG

CrayCray
  • CrayCray

Limbo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

Bought it when the update dropped and have never really used it. *shrugs*

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

ive use it lots with mixed results, seems to do great at ranges just outside of the special carbines ability but up closer the special carbine seems much much better.

pedinhuh
  • pedinhuh

Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by pedinhuh, 11 June 2014 - 03:51 AM.

We need a heat seeking and more powerful missile launcher, anti-tank rifle, chainsaw and FLAMETHROWER...
Seriously a flamethrower to raise hell online would be my main weapon, f#$% the minigun.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

We need a gun that is similar to a Pistol or the Micro SMG. It can be used in a car. It should have a fire rate of 1200-2000 RPM. Lol I would like to just spray bullets on enemies.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

We need a gun that is similar to a Pistol or the Micro SMG. It can be used in a car. It should have a fire rate of 1200-2000 RPM. Lol I would like to just spray bullets on enemies.

got one, its called the AP or automatic pistol.

CrayCray
  • CrayCray

Limbo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

ive use it lots with mixed results, seems to do great at ranges just outside of the special carbines ability but up closer the special carbine seems much much better.

The special carbine is my go to weapon, love that gun.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

The special carbine is my go to weapon, love that gun.

yea its mega.  Never used it much cause it didnt look that great according to the specs and i figured better damage and longer range would be more useful but everyone kept easily wasting me even if i started shooting first when i didnt use it so I had to start, the lock range is pretty damn short though, lol!

DrunkGamer
  • DrunkGamer

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by DrunkGamer, 13 June 2014 - 04:30 PM.

Some guns are too off. They need to do something to make us use all of them somehow.

The Pump Shotgun and Sawn-off Shotgun are basically useless since EVERYONE uses the Assault Shotgun because it's automatic. 

Micro SMG, MG, Assault SMG, SMG are never used since the Combat MG dominates them.

Case in point, weapons should be more of a playstyle cosmetic thing. Weapon balance. It's a shame some guns will never be used.

The Heavy Sniper has more range and power and the normal Sniper has a silencer which is good. Since it makes a diverse difference given the situation. If the Heavy Sniper had a silencer attachment, no one would ever use the normal one since it would be weaker in every category.

One suggestion I'd like to point out is, what if they made a special dual wielding mechanic for the non-automatic pistols, you think people would use them then?

Having an equal chance of taking down someone with let's say a Special Carbine if you're holding 2 SnS Pistols, one in each hand. I only want us to explore more variety.

But there's a reason we leveled up to unlock some of these weapons. This game doesn't require gun balancing as much as a competitive FPS may. Although I do agree to an extent. In free roam, up against another player, its either 1.) AR of choice, 2.) Explosives, 3.) Auto Shotty, and lastly the combat MG. In that order. But I happen to think that's OK.

What I really wanted to mention was that I make plenty of use of most of the guns you say get ignored. I use the Heavy Pistol all the time, in missions, survivals, gang attacks. Same with the MP5(silenced), MG, Assault SMG (headshot machine), as well as my silenced gold AK. I thoroughly enjoy all those guns & do not at all find them to be useless. So a lot of it falls on how you choose to play the game.

I agree that dual weilding pistols seems like it would fit in with GTA very well, though the scenario you mentioned sounds rage-inducing in the least. If it were an FPS predicated on skill, then it would make more sense. But this isn't.

Oh & also.

Carbine Rifle Master Race. Those who use the advanced/special rifle are Sheep. Bahhhh

You are a sad piece of sh*t, it doesn't matter what gun you use, you could kick ass with all of them so shut up with that carbine sh*t you think your superiour? you think you're above being a f*cking sheep? well you're not also i really hope you just die one day.

Since most of the attention seems to be towards the new vehicles, why not talk about the new weapon in the upcoming 'High Life' Update for GTA V/Online?

What are your impressions of the Bullpup Rifle? And where do you think it will stand statistically among the other assault rifles?

At first glance it looks sort of like a Famas G2. Although, from Rockstar's image, the design only seems to look like an assault rifle variant of the Assault SMG. Unfortunately, not as unique as the last update's SpecialCarbine. (G36C).

actual_1396451188.jpg

41474.jpg

*YAWN* oh, hum, another rifle... hmm, yes... lovely *tosses bullpup on the pile*

Soooooooo......when do we get flame throwers or missile launchers that lock onto tanks and aircraft?

I hope you die but i do agree we need something to take out tanks more easily

DrunkGamer
  • DrunkGamer

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:01 AM

Personally, I feel the gun is ugly as all f*ck. Also it doesn't really fit in GTA. It's not really "gangsta gun" or really used at all by criminals and it isn't very high tech or modern (like the Advanced Rifle based on the Tavor series of rifles) I'm honestly a little disappointed same with Special Carbine. I really really want a Galil :(

Who cares if it isn't a gangsta gun? oh yeah you do you sad fool, also you're not meant to be some petty thug you're meant to be a high roller who can get the fancy sh*t and i bet criminals at least the most powerful in real life get these kinds of guns sorry little boy but if you were looking for a bit of authuentic sh*t in this game then you are mistaken

Oh & also.

Those who use any weapon they feel like using are the master race so go die in a hole
Nope! Wrong! You're worng. I'm right! What's it like to suck & be wrong? Go be incorrect elsewhere! CRMR

You're butthurt it's okay just put some ice on that third eye of yours it'll stop bleeding.

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

I swore by the Special Carbine for a long time but recently converted to the Bullpup and never looked back. I gave my Special Carbine away to a low level and now the Bullpup is the only assault rifle I carry. Just love the feel of it and the firing rate.

Colognenigguh
  • Colognenigguh

OG

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:21 AM

My favourite

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

Slammed cars can f*ck off

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

I haven't even touched the Bullpup rifle. The stats really put me off and I haven't heard anything good about the gun. I've sticked to the Advanced Rifle since I unlocked it and found the most success with it out of all assault rifles.

What I really want is a decent AK-based assault rifle, not some Chinese knockoff Norinco.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:42 AM

I carry two rifles one with a silencer. Its usually carbine and advanced (silenced). But on new characters I use bullpup and special carbine (silenced).

You need an unsilenced rifle with good range like the original carbine so at low level the bullpup fills its role.

MrKush
  • MrKush

We need Yachts

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:49 AM Edited by MrKush, 05 October 2014 - 02:53 AM.

ayo drunk gamer suck my d*ck. this f*ckin weirdo sent me private messages voicing his psychotic displeasure with this sh*t. that was months ago. stfu already

crmr sheep ass, b*tch ass n*gga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users