Where did my topic go?

183 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

If the answer is no, then that will be the final word on the subject.

Please join the active conversation in current popular threads. You can always post a link to your thread in your signature if you still feel passionate about the argument - it's not like the thread has been deleted.

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

What happened to the leaked heists info thread from this morning? I tried to search my "woohoo" post but even that got deleted, I think.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

What happened to the leaked heists info thread from this morning? I tried to search my "woohoo" post but even that got deleted, I think.

Here. Please don't spam in it again.

• GN 1992 likes this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

i'm wondering why my thread in the gaming section was locked?

What's wrong with it? I was just asking what games people are wanting for Christmas but it was locked without a reason displayed

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

On Top of Mountains, Under Stars

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

i'm wondering why my thread in the gaming section was locked?

What's wrong with it? I was just asking what games people are wanting for Christmas but it was locked without a reason displayed

I'd like to know what's wrong with it too. Why was it locked?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

There is a thread for Christmas wishlists already in the Gen Chat, not dedicated to gaming but that's probably why http://gtaforums.com...stmas-wishlist/

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by Troubadour, 11 December 2014 - 05:05 PM.

There is a thread for Christmas wishlists already in the Gen Chat, not dedicated to gaming but that's probably why http://gtaforums.com...stmas-wishlist/

Yeah but two completely difference subjects but there was no reason given why so if that is why it was locked it would've been nice to be told that's why but even then it's still two completely difference topics in two completely difference sections

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

I can't see why it was locked or who locked it. I've renamed and unlocked it for now unless another staff member comes forward with a reason why.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

I can't see why it was locked or who locked it. I've renamed and unlocked it for now unless another staff member comes forward with a reason why.

Thank you for being awesome as always!

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:47 PM Edited by Troubadour, 11 December 2014 - 10:16 PM.

The thread was locked again with the following message "Don't see the need in Xmas lists. Post it to Santa."

What is the harm in this topic?

Resolved: No further action is needed

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:40 AM

http://gtaforums.com...field-hardline/

There's no set rules for this section as far as I'm aware there wasn't a thread for this already; and if there was i could have been pointed in that direction, but no, instead a lock with no explanation or redirection. Good work to that particular mod.  trying to meet your quota, are you?

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

http://gtaforums.com...field-hardline/

There's no set rules for this section as far as I'm aware there wasn't a thread for this already; and if there was i could have been pointed in that direction, but no, instead a lock with no explanation or redirection. Good work to that particular mod.  trying to meet your quota, are you?

Did you even try searching the forum? I did, and found a 16 page topic for the game already. Link.

While I agree that the moderator should have probably pointed you to the topic, it doesn't help your case if you don't even try the search function.

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

No, i didnt - I stopped using the search feature a long time ago.  I dont think i've ever searched and actually found a topic i was looking for, even when using the same exact title and all the correct filters.  

thnx.

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE, Titania and Hoary Gill like this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Facade
  • Bhutan

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:19 AM Edited by Gutslab, 08 January 2015 - 03:24 AM.

Why was my greezler thread deleted? Why not locked, wrong section? It was written by a fellow gtaf member and I contributed some parts to it.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:25 AM

Looks like it was pretty shameless advertising for an outside website with absolutely zero effort given to the forum post.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Facade
  • Bhutan

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:33 AM Edited by Gutslab, 12 January 2015 - 02:42 AM.

yea I guess you're right, I didn't say much about it. Basically the story was scattered in different posts from another forum and some gtalk convos from a few years ago. The guy who made the website decided to put all those parts together so the full story could be in one place. I don't believe he gets any money as there's no ads on the site.

oww, the posts below got deleted v_v

Hoary Gill
  • Hoary Gill

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:54 PM Edited by Hoary Gill, 27 January 2015 - 12:51 AM.

weasel, otter...

can I talk to your leader?  the chipmunk?  where's he at?

yeah, somone with some nuts.  lol

hey, just kidding.  lighten up already!

lil weasel said...

There is a reason,
1. There is no "Clown" in the unmodded game.
2. There are no "Zombies" in the unmodded game.
3. Mods are not a subject for this part of the forum.
4. We do not need another series of (non)-Myth topics.
5. Use SEARCH before creating a "new' topic.

1.  there is indeed a clown driving every mr. whoopee van.  are you new?

2.  I don't use any mods or cheats or whatever.

3.  fact is, I came upon a mr. whoopee clown i couldn't kill that was quite intent on killing me after I tried to jack his pecker-appointed popsicle truck.

4.  why would I make this sh!t up?

5.  only happened once.

6.  which is why I wanted to know if anyone in this gaming community knew anything about it.

7.  apparently not.

8.  y'all need ta play it a little more!

9.  lol

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

Well, I agree that your topic should not have been locked. I could open it up but it seems that your question has been answered.

• Hoary Gill likes this

Hoary Gill
  • Hoary Gill

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

hey thanks!

Can I call you 'Chip'?

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:23 AM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 26 February 2015 - 12:30 AM.

Looking for quick help from an admin. My crews recruitment thread was removed due to an issue regarding a copywritten image being included in it.

If an admin could be so kind as to remove the image & restore the thread it would be greatly appreciated.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1066967293

If this can be done, can said admin please PM me after it has been restored so necessary changes can be made to the thread. Thanks!!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Unfortunately it was created by a member named Knucclehead60 - feel free to recreate it without the copyrighted imagery (We don't want a motorcycle club coming after you. Or us. ;) )

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

Replied to you via PM Otter.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:46 AM Edited by Durden, 27 March 2015 - 05:50 AM.

Thread link: http://gtaforums.com/topic/780092-video-game-name-generator/ 
Thread Title  Video Game Name Generator

Thread justification: The thread is just as necessary as other contributory thread like "share your seflies"  "post funny pics" or any other thread which facilitates dynamic content and amusement. It is a fresh gaming thread in the gaming forum, and it looks to be breaking no rules. I linked to an external website which isn't mine, nor am I profiting off of it, so why was my thread locked?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

'Game' threads tend to get locked. Normally, the moderator would leave a note explaining this. This one won't be overturned, sorry.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

LanHikariDS
  • LanHikariDS

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:39 AM Edited by LanHikariDS, 01 July 2015 - 04:43 AM.

[b]Thread link:[/b] http://gtaforums.com...a-special-disc/
[b]Thread Title:[/b] Anyone know about a special disc?
[b]Thread justification:[/b] I was hoping to gather information on something I'd found out about online (Namely, a wierd GTA3 disc). I did see there was a reply to the topic, but I wasn't able to access the topic to view it. If you don't revive my thread, could I at least know what the reply was?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:05 AM

Don't know why it was binned. Looks perfectly fine to me, so I'm going to assume it was binned on accident. I have moved it back for you.

LanHikariDS
  • LanHikariDS

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

Thank you for your help and your quick response. I've done lots of Google searching on the matter and have found nothing of relevance.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:52 AM Edited by Osho, 14 July 2015 - 09:42 AM.

Talking about the thread - "One thing that V improved of IV" in the GTA V section.
I am curious to know why was the thread completely removed ( or hidden ) when usually threads get locked out with a reason, and gets removed only in rare cases. I was the last one who replied in that thread pointing out how a moderator was trying to let the thread becoming derailed by off-topic post which was just a meme, and not even a post.
So, is that the reason that would explain threads removal to hide the moderators fault, or something else?
You can find the link to actual thread on google HERE.
The very first result

[edit].
To clarify: I am talking about the moderator himself making an offtopic post by quoting another reply with simply a meme, which was completely off-topic itself, thus I only tried to point him that according to the rules, his action ( via post ) is actually leading to continue this derailment.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:56 AM

Same with the "the online hate needs to stop" thread.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:05 AM

I can understand if the thread was going out of hand with insults and no one seems to take the the thread seriously.
In case of the thread to the topic, it was going smooth with some off topic posts in the last page or so, and began as every normal topic open for discussion.
Locking the thread makes sense but doing totally opposite, and that too, because I simply pointed out the moderator should not let the thread derail further by quoting the post further for posting only an off topic post with a meme???
The timing is what makes me think that an inappropriate action was taken by removing the thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users