Where did my topic go?

55 replies to this topic
Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Modder CIARAN is deleting my on topic posts. This needs to stop.

Well, Maybe if you stopped calling me a super douche and stopped spamming the online section,.I wouldn't have to delete your posts.

And this thread is for binned topicd, not posts.

• reboot, Toke and Sugar Free Nos like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

http://gtaforums.com...r-9-months-now/

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

Your thread was binned. There is an abundance of threads on the subject already.

• StormerBoy and ~Tiger~ like this

MrSemiFunny
  • MrSemiFunny

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Where did funmw2 topic go? The title was SP DLC

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

It was merged with the GTAV rumour and speculation thread.

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

Thread title: Typical teenage white Girl DLC (concept). Was located in the GTA online section. Deleted without warning or request to change something if it was offensive and broke forum rules. Just wanting to know who and why it was deleted. If possible I would like the ability to edit whatever was offensive if it was.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

Sorted in PM.  :^:

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

Scrub so hard they call me magic eraser

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

I was searching for an old thread I made where I detailed how garages in GTA O work, and I can't seem to find it.

I looked for it and it was no where to be found, and when I found a link to it in an old PM, it seems that I don't have permission to view it.

http://gtaforums.com...-how-they-work/

Wat did u checky fkin cnts do with it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

It was sent to the recycle bin, although I have no idea why. 

Moved it to guides and strategies.

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

Scrub so hard they call me magic eraser

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:40 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 24 September 2014 - 01:40 PM.

It was sent to the recycle bin, although I have no idea why. 

Moved it to guides and strategies.

Thanks. Very much appreciated.

Now find whichever rascal did it and give them a stern talking to!

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hello. Just trying to track this thread down, as it was a fun escape from the routine for many Snapmatic fans.

• Forum: GTA Online

• Title: Snapmatic Abstract Camera Obscura
• Link: no link available
• Purpose: to showcase in-game GTAO photographs of an artistic nature.
• Justification: a somewhat popular thread for creative, like-minded members to share in-game content of a more artistic nature. The thread not only generated a unique discussion relevant to GTAO, but art as well. It also let players to seek out new in-game locations and look at the artwork of the game, differently, if effort to share on this forum, developing user stickiness and participation.
• Request: re-establish the thread back into the GTA Online forum culture, so users, like myself, can continue to generate dialogue and share interesting images from GTAO.

Thank you for your consideration. :)

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

Restored.  :^:

http://gtaforums.com...ura-pic-heavy/#

• fw3 and ~Tiger~ like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Not sure why it was removed in the first place, but thank you just the same, Raavi. You made my day! :)

• ~Tiger~ likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:40 PM Edited by fw3, 22 October 2014 - 01:41 PM.

Greetings.

Curious as to why a thread I created disappeared almost as fast as I posted it. 

It was removed so quickly, there was no possible way the person who removed could have actually read the content.
In my opinion, it was removed arbitrarily based on the title:

[GTAO] The Official Donut Appreciation Thread

How does one justify a GTAO thread about donuts?

Let me explain:

First off, the discussion was not unworthy, as right now I'm looking at threads like "Rockstar Appreciation Thread," "Van DLC (concept)", "Show your nicest sunset," all topics that have no relevance to the actual game or game content - yet they remain.

Second, the thread was placed in the Online section, so it wasn't misplaced. It was absolutely not disruptive and did not violate any forum rule. It was designed to engage and promote discussion, levity, and immersion into the game. Not what I'd call, "problematic."

So, why donuts?

Because in my adventures of GTAO, I've found it both humorous and odd with which the frequency that donuts appear in the game. NPCs carrying them about, randomly lying on the ground, signs with donuts on them, and of course, players making creative "donuts" with their vehicles.

My effort was intended to further promote this forum, generate a fresh, unique discussion, and provide an original photo share opportunity for forum members to have yet another creative way to hopefully engage one another and be motivated to explore areas of the game not previously considered.

As with most of my threads, my effort is to engage other players to promote creative immersion into the game experience we all enjoy.

If that is "against the rules" or "problematic," then perhaps I'm at the wrong forum site.

We've all seen a lot worse on this site that just floats by; it surprises me that a thread about donuts would cause such drama.

Rest easy & play hard! Cheers!

fw3

Though Malcolm didn't have much money, donut was surprised in his expensive taste in footwear.
0_0.jpg

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:53 PM Edited by Franceska, 22 October 2014 - 01:57 PM.

"Rockstar Appreciation Thread,"

FYI, That thread is more about what Rockstar has done with GTAO rather than Rockstar in general that people appreciate. Which is relevant to the section it's in.

You would have known this if you read the original post of it. I can't stop people from appreciating other games made by Rockstar, but the sole purpose of that thread is to appreciate things Rockstar did with Grand Theft Auto Online. Example given: The monthly updates that provide new content, and address issues whereas other games are left to rot for months, even never get to see a patch.

As for The Sunset, it's basically the same as your own thread. Showing content from the game as a photo with a certain subject.

Hacker Message
  • Hacker Message

Elitemods Moderation

• BUSTED!
  • Iran

Posted 4 weeks ago

I was saw a topic called Grand Theft Auto Memes why is removed?

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by fw3, 4 weeks ago.

Edited due to lack of response to my inquiry(s).

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by fw3, 4 weeks ago.

Edited due to lack of response to my inquiry(s).

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by pokemon4ever, 4 weeks ago.

[b]Thread link:[/b] N/A
[b]Thread Title:[/b] So the Cheval Marshall...
[b]Thread justification:[/b]

Well first, my topic was deleted not locked. But I saved a screencap of it. Anyway, I want to know why it was deleted as no explanation was provided. It was a rant about a new GTA V car. I don't know why it was deleted, I wanted to see if others agreed with me.

Now if it was deleted because there's a pinned topic where people discuss the new exclusive content, then that should have been stated as a reply to my topic.

If possible, I would like my topic to return. I'm willing to accept a locked topic but I am disappointed that it was deleted. So if the judge agrees with my defense, feel free to bring back the topic and lock it, so that at least others are able to see I made a topic which was locked and then perhaps, they won't make the same topic. Do you get what I mean? Plus I don't want freedom of speech restricted on this forum and I know that's an issue this place has sometimes.

---------

10/29 edit: Ok. As for a resolution, I will state that I also don't mind if my topic wasn't returned to the forum BUT that I would expect to least have my post added onto the pinned topic. That's the bare minimum and I think it is a reasonable solution should it be decided that my topic is not going to reappear.

Should none of my two offers above (either bringing the topic back and locking it or adding the content of the topic as a post onto the pinned topic) be accepted, then I truly feel the people who run this place have no idea what they're doing. Because as far as I know, what I said in the topic (sans the cuss words) contained nothing wrong or out of the guidelines.

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well I'm glad to see there is a support group for this as I just feel victim to this same situation. My topic didn't get locked, it got removed.

Thankfully, I respect the opinion of others... keyword, opinion.

MrSemiFunny
  • MrSemiFunny

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Where did my new gen snapmatic/screenshot thread go?

http://gtaforums.com...view=getnewpost

• BOSS 302 likes this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

gnad1992

• Wanted
  • None

Posted A week ago

Where did my new gen snapmatic/screenshot thread go?

http://gtaforums.com...view=getnewpost

I'm wondering too. I tried to reserve a post to put my snapmatics later and both threads got deleted. BTW it was a great thread idea.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted A week ago

I'm guessing it's got something to do with the fact that the next-gen V has not been released yet. What do you expect people to post in it? Leaked images? That's not allowed and we definitely don't want people to use your topic as an excuse to post leaked stuff.

You can start a new topic for it after the game has been release on next gen.

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

gnad1992

• Wanted
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'm guessing it's got something to do with the fact that the next-gen V has not been released yet. What do you expect people to post in it? Leaked images? That's not allowed and we definitely don't want people to use your topic as an excuse to post leaked stuff.

You can start a new topic for it after the game has been release on next gen.

But it's already available for NZ players to play it LEGALLY (digital version)... so I guess that wouldn't be a problem with Rockstar... just guessing here.. 

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted A week ago

There is a plethora of leaked material out there, so right now we can't distinguish what was obtained legally. On the forums we normally say the game is "officially" out after midnight UTC, which is less than 12 hours away, so if we wait that little bit longer we can start to allow media to be shared properly.

• BOSS 302 likes this

MrSemiFunny
  • MrSemiFunny

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Okay I will re-post it at 12am UTC. 

• BOSS 302 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users