Photo

massive butthurt incoming - rockstar adjusting rp

215 replies to this topic
Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:02 PM Edited by Legit Complainer, 02 April 2014 - 07:08 PM.

they better not count the criminal records glitch as "cheating". it's not on the same level as modding or using DNS.

If you sat there trading wins with another person abusing a game exploit, then it's cheating.

Not only are you exploiting something not intended for the game but you're also boosting, both considered "cheating" in video games.

boosting isnt cheating. ive never been penalized for boosting trophies or platinum awards have I? it may be an exploit, but it's not on the same par as modding. thye can easily detect who modded and who didn't. i can guarantee that criminal records, a mere glitch, is the last thing on their mind in terms of penalizing players. all they can do is patch glitches, as theyve done already. just as they patch money glitches. not to mention that CR is even older than the modded levels. the modded levels occurred in december and january, whereas CR was more of a november issue. remember when everybody stated that people would be punished for doing the LSC money glitch since it was an "exploit"? didnt happen. rockstar didnt take action until the MODDING came into play. and even that was fine for them until it got out of control.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

they better not count the criminal records glitch as "cheating". it's not on the same level as modding or using DNS.

If you sat there trading wins with another person abusing a game exploit, then it's cheating.

Not only are you exploiting something not intended for the game but you're also boosting, both considered "cheating" in video games.

boosting isnt cheating. ive never been penalized for boosting trophies or platinum awards have I? it may be an exploit, but it's not on the same par as modding. thye can easily detect who modded and who didn't. i can guarantee that criminal records, a mere glitch, is the last thing on their mind in terms of penalizing players. all they can do is patch glitches, as theyve done already. just as they patch money glitches.

Manipulating a game glitch for personal benefit is cheating, and it is punishable, so if you get reset for it don't be surprised.  And boosting is cheating, purposely throwing/dying/etc in video games (boosting) has always been considered cheating lol.  

• Xyn, Killzone3265, The_Mossberg500 and 3 others like this

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:07 PM Edited by Legit Complainer, 02 April 2014 - 07:12 PM.

boosting isnt cheating. ive never been penalized for boosting trophies or platinum awards have I? it may be an exploit, but it's not on the same par as modding. thye can easily detect who modded and who didn't. i can guarantee that criminal records, a mere glitch, is the last thing on their mind in terms of penalizing players. all they can do is patch glitches, as theyve done already. just as they patch money glitches.

Manipulating a game glitch for personal benefit is cheating, and it is punishable, so if you get reset for it don't be surprised.  And boosting is cheating, purposely throwing/dying/etc in video games (boosting) has always been considered cheating lol.  

you are correct in terms of technicalities, however i wont need to be surprised since i will not be getting punished for a simple glitch. compared to modding, they're more lenient with glitches. i CAN be punished, but they wont take it that far. rockstar by now has earned a good reputation of not being bothered to deal with petty errors when bigger problems take precedence. right now im rank 232. i started criminal records when i was rank 50 and did it all the way up to about 140. thats 90 ranks. so, hypothetically speaking, even if they took all those ranks away, my minogun is still safe lol. the rest of my ranks haveb been from doing missions and criminal records, as well as scoring headshots on bounty targets. do you also suppose that it's necessary for me to be punished for putting a bounty on a friend and then shooting him in the head for a small RP boost? i dont think so.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 April 2014 - 07:11 PM.

you are correct in terms of technicalities, however i wont need to be surprised since i will not be getting punished for a simple glitch. compared to modding, they're more lenient with glitches. i CAN be punished, but they wont take it that far. rockstar by now has earned a good reputation of not being bothered to deal with petty errors when bigger problems take precedence.

Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior.

Guess we'll see what happens.

And my point is not to say you're going to get punished for the CR glitch (I honestly don't care if you do but I'm glad they are continuing their efforts against cheating) but don't come in this thread saying that the CR glitch wasn't cheating because it was.

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

you are correct in terms of technicalities, however i wont need to be surprised since i will not be getting punished for a simple glitch. compared to modding, they're more lenient with glitches. i CAN be punished, but they wont take it that far. rockstar by now has earned a good reputation of not being bothered to deal with petty errors when bigger problems take precedence.

Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior.

And my point is not to say you're going to get punished for the CR glitch (I honestly don't care if you do but I'm glad they are continuing their efforts against cheating) but don't come in this thread saying that the CR glitch wasn't cheating because it was.

correct. it was. but a much more "innocent" cheat than modding. it's the lesser of two evils. also, dont nitpick their words lol. when they mentioned mods, hacks, DNS redirects, and "other nefarious behavior", im pretty sure that that was synonimous with the modding, not glitching. CR isnt the first thing to come to mind when you think of experience cheats.

TF Bumblebee03
  • TF Bumblebee03

Street Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

I actually really like this because I have sent countless tickets to rockstar to remove my 800 levels but it seems like they've been ignoring me...

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 April 2014 - 07:18 PM.

correct. it was. but a much more "innocent" cheat than modding. it's the lesser of two evils. also, dont nitpick their words lol. when they mentioned mods, hacks, DNS redirects, and "other nefarious behavior", im pretty sure that that was synonimous with the modding, not glitching. CR isnt the first thing to come to mind when you think of experience cheats.

That's not nitpicking that's just pointing out that they left a grey area of things they will punish for.

My point wasn't about it being the "lesser of the two evils" it was that it's considered cheating, just like boosting.  Also CR is definitely what should come to mind when talking about RP glitching along with the helicopter glitch.  Personally I doubt they will punish for CR because of how long ago that was but again I only made my post to point out that CR/boosting is cheating and you can/should be punished for it.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

It only took these clowns four months to do this. You know, this couldn't have been looked into when they took the servers offline for 8 hours to fix the Credit Duping, right? Idiots..

Really?  Well where were you when this was happening?  You should have offered them your services to help speed up the process with your vast experience of programming and the like.

• RowanSane likes this

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

That's not nitpicking that's just pointing out that they left a grey area of things they will punish for.

My point wasn't about it being the "lesser of the two evils" it was that it's considered cheating, just like boosting.  Also CR is definitely what should come to mind when talking about RP glitching along with the helicopter glitch.  Personally I doubt they will punish for CR because of how long ago that was but again I only made my post to point out that CR/boosting is cheating and you can/should be punished for it.

lol spoken like a true white knight. call it cheating if you wish, but just like the early LSC glitching, i do not think that R* will do anything about it. you think that i deserve punishment, and i disagree because my method is older and far more petty compared to those who actually modded the game. i guess we should leave the conversation there then.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Probably took them this long to do the math formulas to figure out how long it would take to get to X level divided by time played divided by mission/race rp payouts. I would not be surprised if people that boosted stupid races got a trim of a few levels. Can't wait for the butthurt posts that will come from the squeakers. I will welcome them into.....

Butthurt.jpg

• Xyn likes this

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:28 PM Edited by The_Mossberg500, 02 April 2014 - 07:30 PM.

It only took these clowns four months to do this. You know, this couldn't have been looked into when they took the servers offline for 8 hours to fix the Credit Duping, right? Idiots..

Really?  Well where were you when this was happening?  You should have offered them your services to help speed up the process with your vast experience of programming and the like.

Generic excuse for something simple. Just because its programing doesn't mean its hard to look at someone who is level 1000 and not find a reason how they got that high. As for the smart ass remark, I know programing, probably more than most on this forum. As I said before, I used to work with Cobol.

They were able to figure out who got money legit and who didn't..they should be able to figure out who also was on those DNS servers with level glitches..they just didn't care because it had nothing to do with the Shark Cards.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:29 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 April 2014 - 07:30 PM.

lol spoken like a true white knight. call it cheating if you wish, but just like the early LSC glitching, i do not think that R* will do anything about it. you think that i deserve punishment, and i disagree because my method is older and far more petty compared to those who actually modded the game. i guess we should leave the conversation there then.

I don't think you even understand what the term "white knight" means also I said in my post that I doubt you would be punished for CR.

I simply stated that they should punish cheaters, because they're cheating, and Rockstar is against cheating.  Oh and I'm calling it cheating, because it is cheating you even acknowledged that.  Weird how words and logic works.

You don't seem to be very intelligent, guess that explains why you cheated on an easy game  :santa:

• The_Mossberg500 and TimelyMeerkat like this

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by Legit Complainer, 02 April 2014 - 07:40 PM.

lol odesza, dont insult my intelligence, provocative words are an easy sign of someone who wishes to start an argument for no reason. i know what white knight means. you stated that you doubt that i'll be punished, but still think that i SHOULD be punished. in other words, if you were in the development team, i guarantee that you would punish people like me for a petty glitch. so yes, you are a white knight in that retrospect. they are against cheating, but if you look at their past and present actions, they could care less about glitches and are more concerned with mods and actual serious problems; not glitches that have been patched for months now. yes i said that it's cheating, but not the type of cheating worth getting sanctioned over.

as easy as the game is, if i have the opportunity to skim through the hundred+ levels to get an awesome minigun and more clothes as soon as possible, then i plan to do so. thats just my personal preference. i have no intention of starting a debate over that. not to mention that i've spent enough time already getting to 5th Legend on red dead, which rockstar commended and stated that those who leveled up a lot in prior games would be rewarded, which of course was another broken promise.

• BigBrother67 likes this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

How the hell is that scenario white knighting? lol

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 April 2014 - 07:42 PM.

lol odesza, dont insult my intelligence, provocative words are an easy sign of someone who wishes to start an argument for no reason. i know what white knight means. you stated that you doubt that i'll be punished, but still think that i SHOULD be punished. in other words, if you were in the development team, i guarantee that you would punish people like me for a petty glitch. so yes, you are a white knight in that retrospect. they are against cheating, but if you look at their past and present actions, they could care less about glitches and are more concerned with mods and actual serious problems; not glitches that have been patches for months now. yes i said that it's cheating, but not the type of cheating worth getting sanctioned over.

as easy as the game is, if i have the opportunity to skim through the hundred+ levels to get an awesome minigun and more clothes as soon as possible, then i plan to do so. thats just my personal preference. i have no intention of starting a debate over that. not to mention that i've spent enough time already getting to 5th Legend on red dead, which rockstar commended and stated that those who leveled up a lot in prior games would be rewarded, which of course was another broken promise.

You make it insanely easy to insult your intelligence when you clearly still don't get the purpose of my original post was to point out that CR/boosting is cheating, I don't care what you did it for, I don't care if they do ban you over it I'm just stating that it's considered cheating and if they are punishing cheaters then they would be in the right to punish you.  Also you still clearly don't understand what "white knight" means lol.

• The_Mossberg500, TimelyMeerkat and Coin. like this

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

a white knight is concerned with constant enforcement of rules and what's just. someone who expresses that i deserve to be punished for doing an RP glitch when there's a plethora of other things to be upset about is a white knight in my book.

• BigBrother67 likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

a white knight is concerned with constant enforcement of rules and what's just. someone who expresses that i deserve to be punished for doing an RP glitch when there's a plethora of other things to be upset about is a white knight in my book.

That's not what that term means at all dude lol.

• The_Mossberg500 and TimelyMeerkat like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, no.

"A person (usually a male) who sees the typical maiden in distress, and believes that he can help her. A male version of the "mother figure" that some girls become." In a nutshell.

• Odesza likes this

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

lol odesza, dont insult my intelligence, provocative words are an easy sign of someone who wishes to start an argument for no reason. i know what white knight means. you stated that you doubt that i'll be punished, but still think that i SHOULD be punished. in other words, if you were in the development team, i guarantee that you would punish people like me for a petty glitch. so yes, you are a white knight in that retrospect. they are against cheating, but if you look at their past and present actions, they could care less about glitches and are more concerned with mods and actual serious problems; not glitches that have been patches for months now. yes i said that it's cheating, but not the type of cheating worth getting sanctioned over.

You make it insanely easy to insult your intelligence when you clearly still don't get the purpose of my original post was to point out that CR/boosting is cheating, I don't care what you did it for, I don't care if they do ban you over it I'm just stating that it's considered cheating and if they are punishing cheaters then they would be in the right to punish you.  Also you still clearly don't understand what "white knight" means lol.

i know what white knight means. throwing in an lol doesnt phase my mindset on the term. and the only thing that apparently makes you think that you have any effect on my intelligence must be your ego. i did not say anything provocative, you did. your intelligence, or rather lack therof, can also be criticized since you feel so conservative about the matter and think that i should be punished, while simultaneously dragging the conversation further by saying that you think they wont do anything. you should have ended it there but you still keep replying.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 April 2014 - 07:48 PM.

i know what white knight means. throwing in an lol doesnt phase my mindset on the term. and the only thing that apparently makes you think that you have any effect on my intelligence must be your ego. i did not say anything provocative, you did. your intelligence, or rather lack therof, can also be criticized since you feel so conservative about the matter and think that i should be punished, while simultaneously dragging the conversation further by saying that you think they wont do anything. you should have ended it there but you still keep replying.

What are you even talking about lol?  Did you even read my post or did you just read the last sentence.

Again, you clearly don't understand what that term means, try looking it up dude.

in terms of business:

http://en.wikipedia....ight_(business)

in terms of the forum/internet usage:

http://knowyourmeme....es/white-knight

http://www.urbandict...rm=white knight

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:48 PM Edited by Legit Complainer, 02 April 2014 - 07:48 PM.

That's not what that term means at all dude lol.

yes it is, dude lol. im pretty sure that if i showed this discussion to other readers or players, then they would agree that your actions classify as those of a white knight.

What are you even talking about lol?  Did you even read my post or did you just read the last sentence.

i read the entire post and refuted the whole thing. instead of nitpicking and cherry-picking "nefarious actions", now you are nitpicking some mundane sentence you made to sidetrack from the big picture of the conversation. make it relevant or say nothing.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

I'm clearly expecting too much out of someone named "Legit Complainer"

my mistake.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, no.

"A person (usually a male) who sees the typical maiden in distress, and believes that he can help her. A male version of the "mother figure" that some girls become." In a nutshell.

are you stupid? or are you intentionally being a smartass? do you really think that im trying to use the literal term and meaning of the word in a video game forum? know what figure of speech is?

I'm clearly expecting too much out of someone named "Legit Complainer"

my mistake.

indeed. im sure you've made a lot of them. the quote you have under your posts is very accurate by the way.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, no.

are you stupid? or are you intentionally being a smartass? do you really think that im trying to use the literal term and meaning of the word in a video game forum? know what figure of speech is?

Are you the maiden in distress?

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

RP doesn't even mean anything. The only reason that I can come up with that they even care is that your RP level is going to be directly related to heists somehow. 

Now, if they patch the SP-->MP though, man, people will be uber butthurt that they have to earn money to get cars in MP. 

What will they do if they can't brag about the cars they brought from SP? Just think about it. It'll be crazy....

Hope they fix SP->MP glitch :)

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Yeah, no.

Are you the maiden in distress?

lol so you STILL responded huh? says a lot. and good, now youre being funny. i like humor. so yes, i'll admit to being the maiden. but its not a dragon thats threatening my life, it seems to be the lack of brain power some people on here have.

Jlogano22
  • Jlogano22

Homie

• Members

Well goodbye all you level 1000s and 967s etc, have fun being treated as the noobs you are
  • Odesza and Fonshway like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 April 2014 - 07:55 PM.

Well goodbye all you level 1000s and 967s etc, have fun being treated as the noobs you are

Most of them are already treated as "the noobs they are" have you ever actually been in a DM with a level 700+ they are god awful.

lol so you STILL responded huh? says a lot. 

"i guess we should leave the conversation there then."

This was 6 posts ago, says a lot I guess.

Coin.
  • Coin.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 02 April 2014 - 07:57 PM.

Yeah, no.

Yes, I'm aware of what figure of speech is. It doesn't apply here, you know, on account of it being an expression to begin with.

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Most of them are already treated as "the noobs they are" have you ever actually been in a DM with a level 700+ they are god awful.

lol so you STILL responded huh? says a lot. 

"i guess we should leave the conversation there then."

This was 6 posts ago, says a lot I guess.

lol not my problem. you could have said "agreed", but said something foolish instead. now shall we end it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users