massive butthurt incoming - rockstar adjusting rp

215 replies to this topic
Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

I think 'massive butthurt' is a bit of an exaggeration. It'll be a minority, a loud one admittedly, but still a minority.

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 02 April 2014 - 05:17 PM.

Luckily RP was all earned legitimately. Other numerical values on the other hand...

I honestly wouldn't mind going down a couple levels anyways. There isn't much dictated in this game by level after 50 or something.

GTAVArtem013
  • GTAVArtem013

Killing men is a strange kind of fame.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

I would only hope that R* does not catch legit players in this RP exploit wave unintentionally. I remember seeing a few threads during the money wipes where legit players, however I would assume you wouldn't really know unless with proof, who said that they got caught in the money wave and lost their money that they earned legit, missions and the other activities.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Oh this is going to be good. Sooo good. And I imagine threads here of people complaining and I'll be here with the popcorn ready

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Champagne Jingoist

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

The only people bitching after the billionaire reset were people who don't understand how money works.

"I had a million, got given a billion, spent 20 million, and now I only have 500K?" *Tears*

• Xyn, TheJackalSega and ENZ0 like this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

So would that glitch where you hovered over a crate with a helicopter in a certain mission, to gain a ton of RP at once fall under "nefarious behavior"? :catspider:

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:17 PM Edited by fw3, 02 April 2014 - 05:18 PM.

GEE OP, THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW INFORMATION THAT IS IN 50 OTHER THREADS

GEE Biohazard, some of us hadn't seen those 50 other threads, so this was "news" for us. 

Don't be an unproductive nudgemeyer. Be a supportive nidgebigger. You'll smell better, for it. ;)

As for the OPost, I wonder if it's in part due to the reports that were filed, in-game, via the "Online > Players > Report > Bug Exploits" option, which I admit, I used on a couple of 888 level tank boogers. 

Just saying, is all. 

• 2281 and Dtoxz like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Champagne Jingoist

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

I doubt they can spot RP 'hovering' the same way they can spot outright hacking.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Dis gon be good.gif

People are gonna have an outbreak about this. Can't wait

oh its going to be amazing, so many high level players getting used to their tanks, mini guns ect will be put back to the low level that they were at. 

I can see it now, playing one night, level 400+

Wake up and play the next morning, level 15... hahahah! 

• GTA-Freak-Vi likes this

Realz
  • Realz

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

i already know that they'll end up screwing people who never glitched or joined a modded server

wtf are you talking about joined a modded server? that is a line from a squeaker that used dns mods, have fun being reset cheater

When R* reset everyones money 3 months ago they reset 2 of my friends account who never glitched in any sort of way and they left them with 50k each, Yes some people are going to get f*cked over you idiot.

Xyn
  • Xyn

NɨŁ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

When R* reset everyones money 3 months ago they reset 2 of my friends account who never glitched in any sort of way and they left them with 50k each, Yes some people are going to get f*cked over you idiot.

*chuckles*

It's always a "friend" isn't it...

No need to be mean btw.

• Evictious likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Champagne Jingoist

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

they reset 2 of my friends account who never glitched in any sort of way and they left them with 50k each, Yes some people are going to get f*cked over you idiot.

I never glitched in any sort of way and I had 3.2 billion GTA$....

Realz
  • Realz

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

*chuckles*

It's always a "friend" isn't it...

No need to be mean btw.

Lol i got reset cause i glitched my money, but why did they had to get reset when they didn't do anything? Im just saying the samething will happen with this update with some legit ranks.

Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

Lethal Xbox Gaming Crew [LXG]

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:40 PM Edited by Aero Dynamo, 02 April 2014 - 05:45 PM.

Wrong Thread.

Dtoxz
  • Dtoxz

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

Dis gon be good.gif

People are gonna have an outbreak about this. Can't wait

I agree. I can't wait to see all the crybabies flipping out over a fake sh*t storm because their character doesn't say 787 as a level. Maybe if they played the game correctly in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue....and we might actually have the heists by now since Rockstar wouldn't have had to spend the time to fix all this bullsh*t.

I don't get who would glitch anyway. The entire point of the game is to play it, not to glitch, gain levels, and sit back, but to EARN what you want. You're right XYN, the level of stupidity is about to jump greatly with all these tweens crying about a game mommy n daddy shouldn't have bought em' in the first place.

• walffles123 likes this

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

they reset 2 of my friends account who never glitched in any sort of way and they left them with 50k each, Yes some people are going to get f*cked over you idiot.

I never glitched in any sort of way and I had 3.2 billion GTA$....

They didn't sweep because of people glitching, they swept because a few people glitched and threw the money completely off.

You may not have don anything wrong, but it doesn't mean that 3.2Billion was yours at all.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Champagne Jingoist

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

I wasn't saying it was, I was saying the post I was replying to was inaccurate and probably just butthurt.

MatsOvechkin
  • MatsOvechkin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Don't really care about the people who are in the 200-999 level ranges because of glitches/dns, etc. Only thing is they get the death machine at level 120, aside from that, they don't really bother me in games.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

rockstar could use another one of their formulas. they come up with a number for rp playing the game. check your stats against it and reset anyone that has boosted rp.

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Can't believe it hasn't been posted so let me do it.

Full+of+win.jpg

• xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

F*CK YEAH! NOW ALL OF YOU SHORTCUT F*GGOTS WHO MODDED YOURSELVES TO RANK 700 WILL GET KNOCKED DOWN TO SIZE! AND THEN YOU CAN SUCK MY BALLS! AND THEN I'LL SEND YOU A PICTURE OF MY BALLS! CRIMINAL RECORDS RP GLITCH FTW!

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

So where's Rooftop Rumble? Because i'm poor thanks to Rockstar's full-of-fraud-Stinger.

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

The "should not" concerns me......

• WillWorthington3 and xoC18H21NO3xo like this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:42 PM Edited by TheStalked, 02 April 2014 - 06:43 PM.

I just hope they don't make the mistake of resetting my second character, it's a legit 122, but the cloud servers were having issues one night and it jumped up to 222 completely at random. Better write up a ticket explaining, ugh.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

So where's Rooftop Rumble? Because i'm poor thanks to Rockstar's full-of-fraud-Stinger.

They put RR back in the game awhile ago.

• The_Mossberg500 likes this

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

they better not count the criminal records glitch as "cheating". it's not on the same level as modding or using DNS.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:46 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 April 2014 - 06:46 PM.

they better not count the criminal records glitch as "cheating". it's not on the same level as modding or using DNS.

If you sat there trading wins with another person abusing a game exploit, then it's cheating.

Not only are you exploiting something not intended for the game but you're also boosting, both considered "cheating" in video games.

• HirsuteDave likes this

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

It only took these clowns four months to do this. You know, this couldn't have been looked into when they took the servers offline for 8 hours to fix the Credit Duping, right? Idiots..

• cookiemonster14 likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

i already know that they'll end up screwing people who never glitched or joined a modded server

wtf are you talking about joined a modded server? that is a line from a squeaker that used dns mods, have fun being reset cheater
you're a moron
another butthurt cheater detected
No, what they mean is you've misunderstood the sentence structure killzone used. He's referring to people who never joined a modded server...

Of course those aren't the only people facing a reset. "Other nefarious activities" is a big grey undefined area right now.... Hovering over the mission marker in certain missions seems likely to be punished to me but who knows? All I know is, I'm safe. Like I was during the money sweep.

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Luckily RP was all earned legitimately. Other numerical values on the other hand...

I honestly wouldn't mind going down a couple levels anyways. There isn't much dictated in this game by level after 50 or something.

Yes there is..you forgetting about health?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users