Photo

Vehicle Damage: Yay or Nay?

36 replies to this topic
reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

The reason for minimal vehicle damage in V is the same reason for adding the ability to flip our cars back over.

And I don't really agree with either of these features.

The Actual Kid
  • The Actual Kid

*max fat* "You're lookin' too skinny, CJ!"

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

GTA IV crash physics: More entertaining and hilarious damage system, though it can be a hindrance having to grab another vehicle after quickly wrecking your ride.

GTA V crash physics: Way less climatic accidents, but it is more forgiving and you can stick with one vehicle for quite a long time.

I think each system suits their respective game fairly well. GTA IV didn't have garages or customization, so your car didn't matter as much. Now in GTA V, we have personal vehicles, loads of customization options, a market for vehicles and more, so I care more about the condition of my wheels.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

Falling for 1000ft. in previous GTA games won't make you explode, but burn, THEN explode.
But in GTA V, fall in 1000ft. you'll explode immediately when you land. Exception to landing in 4 wheels... Because GTA has beautiful physics.

Actually only non pvs blow up

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:03 AM Edited by gizmonomono, 03 April 2014 - 09:12 AM.

First of all GTA is not, and never was a realistic game. It's meant to be fun. Rockstar obviously playtest their games alot, and this game is the end product of that. Everything has it's pros and cons. Can you imagine playing a lot of missions, having 50k cash and before you can bank it someone starts chasing you. You hit a rock, flip your car, damage it so it's not drivable, and the guy kills you. And this is something that happens a lot.To avoid it, you have a more forgivable damage system, you can flip your car over, and you can control it in the air. And the latter is something I have a lot of fun with. The fact that cars explode when hit in a certain way adds a lot of excitement to jumps. And to avoid blowing up you can steer the car in the air. So, everything has a purpose and a reason.

BaseTown
  • BaseTown

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

car damage is not as good as it was in IV but at this point i vote for...

i dont give a f*ckay!

You're right, it's not as good. It's better ;)

What? You agree that the car damage was better in GTA IV then indirectly say "It's better" in GTA V. That's like saying "Cake isn't as delicious as Pie. Cake is better."

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

car damage is not as good as it was in IV but at this point i vote for...

i dont give a f*ckay!

You're right, it's not as good. It's better ;)

What? You agree that the car damage was better in GTA IV then indirectly say "It's better" in GTA V. That's like saying "Cake isn't as delicious as Pie. Cake is better."

I never said the damage was better in Gta IV? Where did you read that?

Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

So you guys want our cars to blow up after hitting a pothole. I swear some of you mfers just complain just to do it.
  • gizmonomono and ¥en like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users