Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to Change your characters Appearance in ONLINE !

188 replies to this topic
JordanV
  • JordanV

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Works like a charm. Added benefit for me too, when I changed my character from male to female, adjusted a few things it maxed out all of my stats to 100% where as before strength, stealth and diving we're only at about 40%

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

Can anybody confirm this still works after 1.12?

Supheris
  • Supheris

Digital Ronin

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

Just tried and it does not seem to work after the update. It does not give you a second chance to change your appearence before entering the game. It just goes straight to the game after you skip the tutorial.

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

Just tried and it does not seem to work after the update. It does not give you a second chance to change your appearence before entering the game. It just goes straight to the game after you skip the tutorial.

Still works it just requires a few more steps.

After you create the other character let it load into online, quit to single player then jump back into online. It'll ask you to edit your character and that's the part where you sign out of PSN/Live.

JoseGrapinino
  • JoseGrapinino

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

After you create the other character let it load into online, quit to single player then jump back into online. It'll ask you to edit your character and that's the part where you sign out of PSN/Live.

It popped up with something about using a temporary player instead for me :(  Hopefully, I didn't lose my stuff. It wasn't bringing up my regular profile.

I really wish Rockstar would just add a "cosmetic surgeon" that we can visit in the game and pay an 100k to make adjustments.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

It popped up with something about using a temporary player instead for me :(  Hopefully, I didn't lose my stuff. It wasn't bringing up my regular profile.

I really wish Rockstar would just add a "cosmetic surgeon" that we can visit in the game and pay an 100k to make adjustments.

would've been tits, actually

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

The first time I tried the different method it kicked me off of online and I couldn't sign back into it. Restarted my PS3 tried the steps again and it went trough without a hitch. I think you should be fine, try it again if you're still up for it.

JoseGrapinino
  • JoseGrapinino

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

The first time I tried the different method it kicked me off of online and I couldn't sign back into it. Restarted my PS3 tried the steps again and it went trough without a hitch. I think you should be fine, try it again if you're still up for it.

Unfortunately, that is not the case for me. I think it managed to auto save before I shut down. If I had just restarted the system instead of backing out then I may have been ok.

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Thank you very much. Worked fine.

TwoDynamic
  • TwoDynamic

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Thank you very much. Worked fine.

im posting the after patch method soon ill keep you guys updated

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

it doesn't work for me even before the update :(

whenever I try skipping the tutorial, it simply says "Timed Out Locating Session" message....

still didn't try going through the tutorial though.

mareepx
  • mareepx

R.I.P 'Top 5 most rarest cars' topic :(

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Anyone know if this removes tattoos?

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Thug

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

It wont remove tatts as long as u wont change gender :)
  • mareepx likes this

mareepx
  • mareepx

R.I.P 'Top 5 most rarest cars' topic :(

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

It wont remove tatts as long as u wont change gender :)

Thanks im going to try this now. :)

• Chrunchip likes this

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Still works on Ps3. I just tried it 10 minutes ago. 

• Chrunchip likes this

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Can anyone confirm if this still works?

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Thug

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

the last confirmation was just 3 days ago... i don't think there were any secret fixes since than...

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Tried it again yesterday at about 6pm (-7:00 MST) and it still works.

ManikB141
  • ManikB141

Professional Badass

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:14 PM Edited by ManikB141, 25 April 2014 - 12:20 AM.

This didn't work for me, it doesn't prompt me to change my character's appearance.

Edit:

It didn't prompt me right after but I went back to single player a second time and went online, then it gave me the option.

WORKS

DrewFly123
  • DrewFly123

Rampant Glitcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

AMAZING share. I didn't plan on changing my character, As he looks alright as is, But I think I might just because now, Maybe make his dad Niko Belic or something. Thanks bro. c:

Realz
  • Realz

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Still works as of today, i just tried it (=

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Just don't delete your 2nd character if you already have one, and own Pegasus vehicles.

Sometimes deleting the 2nd character will wipe them out, which can be an expensive 'bug'...

darkprincessx
  • darkprincessx

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

for the people that this is still working for: are you on xbox?

KenniCrazy
  • KenniCrazy

Run Up or Get Done Up

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

Still works! Best glitch in the game so far, and easy as hell!

ManikB141
  • ManikB141

Professional Badass

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

" In general, we are open to keeping unintended ‘glitches’ in the game if players enjoy them and they aren’t causing any negative impact to gameplay or fairness in any way."

That was what Rockstar said when talking about the Highlife Update, guessing this awesome glitch is here to stay :D

MOOKIE049
  • MOOKIE049

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

CANT YOU JUST CHANGE YOUR ACTIVE CREW ? 

autobot_hotwire
  • autobot_hotwire

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Doesn't seem to work on PS3.  I don't get the message about changing my character's appearance.

ManikB141
  • ManikB141

Professional Badass

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Doesn't seem to work on PS3.  I don't get the message about changing my character's appearance.

If you don't get prompted at first, go back to single player and enter online once again using the char you want to change, it SHOULD prompt you at some point when entering online.

Supheris
  • Supheris

Digital Ronin

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Still works on Xbox as of this date and time

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

IGN Crew Griefer

• Members
  • United-States