67 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

Wasn't this announced to have co-op?

I am probably guessing that is not in at this point in time, am I correct?

http://survivetheforest.com/faq/

Oh please say they have that was annoying as f*ck!

Edit: From what I'm seeing on steam forums the patch was just a few hotfixes and wasn't the save game fix.

They just made a post 5 minutes ago on that. The fix will be available on either Monday or Tuesday.

I'm not sure if that means this week or next week though.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Might add that the bit about peaceful mode in the faq isn't in yet either.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 28 October 2014 - 01:28 PM.

Some screenshots i took from The Forest.

http://steamcommunit...s/?appid=242760

Honestly, after initially being very disappointed with this game (it wasn't anywhere near the level they portrayed it to be before release, and to be honest it still isn't) It's now starting to grow on me as it becomes gradually more playable, there's still a long way to go, but this game does have a bright future.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

Recently picked this up for £5. Just waiting to download it, my friend got it on the release and barely played it. I've seen a couple videos on how to play and stuff though but I'm excited. Its something different for once although I've heard it needs alot of work, but really a lot of these early access games do and they do actually work on them (cough not Starbound cough) haha.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 11 November 2014 - 09:42 PM.

The Forest just released the co op patch. For now it's just 2 players but they hope to increase that in the future.

Version 0.09 Changelog:
Slowed down tennis ball throw massively so players can play catch together on beach 
(multiplayer)Server configuration screen - This will automatically tell you your public ip address - This is temp, server browser or better Steam integration coming soon! 
(multiplayer)Chat box - Press enter to type messages to each other - This is temp and may be buggy!! Voice chat is coming soon! (we’re modeling walkie-talkies) 
(multiplayer)Player texture variation, run around with your survivalist buddy! 
(multiplayer)First pass at player respawn system, on dead try and find way back to body to collect your belongings 
Fixed bug where building a bench could cause save games to break 
Fixed female skin being too dark 
Rest of skinny animation variations added 

Known issues: 

Saving in a multiplayer game will save over single player save game, allowing you to continue progress but not as a multiplayer game (working on fix for this currently) 

Destroying partially built items can be glitchy. Try not to destroy structures built by other players.

EDIT: Yeah the update kinda made the game worse to be fair haha, co-op is apparently buggy to the point of being unplayable also.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:27 PM

a lot has been added to The Forest, underwater diving, rock climbing, wild pigs etc etc. In 28 days they say they are gonna upgrade to Unity 5.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

This game just went through a major update. It now runs on Unity 5 and the improvements are immediately obvious. I advice those who haven't played it in a while to get back on it.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

A few recent screens i took..

http://images.akamai...D12BAC8B13972D/

http://images.akamai...E4B5D2225DD198/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users