268 replies to this topic
Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

I ported the ATV on Android :) and now I am porting Little Willie and it's col :)

Johnny_D
  • Johnny_D

inb4 cool kids

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:26 PM Edited by Johnny_D, 23 April 2014 - 12:32 PM.

Well, hello dip boy. Hackman is also on the team, don't forget that.

EDIT: Dip boy, because flaming isn't allowed... And I guess you all know what follows after dip.

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]
    Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:38 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 23 April 2014 - 12:40 PM.

Last leg bug fixed:

BEFORE

UdCbGHx.jpg

AFTER

STFJRhU.jpg

So:

YulIYiu.png

Download:

https://www.mediafir...eza9psd48sobq1c

• Jinx. and pogo_01 like this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

Good job :)

• SaL_Leone and Jeansowaty like this

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Next player skin.Have bug with left leg(Envelopes bug) but ill fix it later:

ch7M2i3.png

zbvYzpM.png

• Jinx. and pogo_01 like this

pogo_01
  • pogo_01

• Feroci
  • Hungary

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:40 PM Edited by pogo_01, 23 April 2014 - 02:41 PM.

Nice work ! ;)
  • SaL_Leone likes this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:06 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 23 April 2014 - 03:17 PM.

Done:

MsQmr1f.png

Wow, cars with incorrect normals. Peds with incorrect weights and bones. Whats not to love about this mod. Very VCS feel

I have great respect for you but right there... you're acting like a child.

It's his mod. He's in the learning phase. Let him do what he wants. No one's perfect, at least not from the start.

Sorry but the guy refuses to listen to anyone. I have little sympathy for him. IDK why he is even converting peds? Xepomaht and MAJEST1C can both convert peds for him with original bones, weights, and normals. He's placing VCS peds over existing VC peds and that is how he is converting, rigging. Also does anybody still see the point in a VC conversion when there is another team who has surpassed progress of this mod? Don't believe me, look.

Wow, cars with incorrect normals.

All cars converted with original smoothing.

Yes, I know YOU can convert cars with original smoothing. All my comments are only for Sal AKA master modder leone.

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

Last leg bug fixed:
BEFORE
UdCbGHx.jpg
AFTER
STFJRhU.jpg
So:
YulIYiu.png
Download:
https://www.mediafir...eza9psd48sobq1c

Do you know another model that I can replace? I have a model for player4 'Trailer Trash'

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

tnWGDZL.png

bECPfjW.png

Download:

https://www.mediafir...9ema68ch0yaeu18

Player6:

0wLutaz.png

• Jinx. and Letus like this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Wow. I will add both of them later on Android; but I need to know how it's named Mr.Vercetti Suit model. Also the suit from Rafael's shop ;)

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

Done:

MsQmr1f.png

Wow, cars with incorrect normals. Peds with incorrect weights and bones. Whats not to love about this mod. Very VCS feel

I have great respect for you but right there... you're acting like a child.

It's his mod. He's in the learning phase. Let him do what he wants. No one's perfect, at least not from the start.

Sorry but the guy refuses to listen to anyone. I have little sympathy for him. IDK why he is even converting peds? Xepomaht and MAJEST1C can both convert peds for him with original bones, weights, and normals. He's placing VCS peds over existing VC peds and that is how he is converting, rigging. Also does anybody still see the point in a VC conversion when there is another team who has surpassed progress of this mod? Don't believe me, look.

Im rigging them on XEPO's  bones and weights,just a bit change weights in legs.

• Jinx. likes this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 23 April 2014 - 03:44 PM.

Did XEPO supply you with a tool or are you placing the model's over XEPO's VCS peds. All peds have different "specific" weights and placements for bones, the bone placement and weights matter for things like proper animations. AK-73's MDL import can import weights and bones from VCS peds and even export them without any work, just a simple import then export with Kams, no rigging required. The only thing that MDL importer doesn't support is normals, but it barely noticeable on peds.

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:45 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 23 April 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Did XEPO supply you with a tool or are you placing the model's over XEPO's VCS peds. All peds have different "specific" weights and placements for bones, the bone placement and weights matter for things like proper animations.

Placing models over XEPO's VCS Player,not peds.

Tell me,whats bad with this model:

m1Z1WtN.png

I dont see anything wrong,

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafir...rcsvddtwxj1edsy

• Jinx. likes this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 23 April 2014 - 03:51 PM.

Like I said before, each player/ped has different weights and bone placement. It's like if I took a plate of dog turds and made it look like fudge brownies, sure they look good and even smell good but on the inside it's all f*cked up and just sh*t. It can matter, what about trying to rig a ped that is shorter or taller than what you have? Your bone placement would be all f*cked up, and weights affect the model based on where the bone is placed, so your new mesh is trying to run on these incorrect bones and weights which is why you have the leg problem. I'm telling you AK-73's MDL import can import proper bones and weights for IG peds.

• 871761 likes this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

Wow. Great model! Try to convert Cuban Hermes next :)

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 23 April 2014 - 04:32 PM.

Goddamnit what is bad with my models!!!!!:

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

I know this one!

Like I said before, each player/ped has different weights and bone placement. It's like if I took a plate of dog turds and made it look like fudge brownies, sure they look good and even smell good but on the inside it's all f*cked up and just sh*t. It can matter, what about trying to rig a ped that is shorter or taller than what you have? Your bone placement would be all f*cked up, and weights affect the model based on where the bone is placed, so your new mesh is trying to run on these incorrect bones and weights which is why you have the leg problem. I'm telling you AK-73's MDL import can import proper bones and weights for IG peds.

• sharpie_eastern likes this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 23 April 2014 - 04:41 PM.

Goddamnit what is bad with my models!!!!!:

Ew, OMG. I can't tell if its the low FPS or just a bad rig. Probably a little of both.

Sal, I just told you. On the VCS for VC page? I literally told you what is wrong. You refuse to listen.

each player/ped has different weights and bone placement. What happens when trying to rig a ped that is shorter or taller than what you have? Your bone placement would be all f*cked up, and weights affect the model based on where the bone is placed, so your new mesh is trying to run on these incorrect bones and weights which is why you have the leg problem. I'm telling you AK-73's MDL import can import proper bones and weights for IG peds.

All peds have different "specific" weights and placements for bones, the bone placement and weights matter for things like proper animations. AK-73's MDL import can import weights and bones from VCS peds and even export them without any work, just a simple import then export with Kams, no rigging required. The only thing that MDL importer doesn't support is normals, but it barely noticeable on peds.

cars with incorrect normals. Peds with incorrect weights and bones

Bobcat(SMOOTHED!):

*unsmooothed bobcat*

That is not f*cking smoothed? You can't just weld model's and call them smooth. I don't go around subdividing models and calling them HD

for starters you replace OLD vc objects with VCS objects and rely on the VC LOD's and LOD system to work the game out for you. Are you kidding?

• TJGM likes this

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:46 PM Edited by MAJEST1C_R3, 23 April 2014 - 04:53 PM.

The only thing that MDL importer doesn't support is normals, but it barely noticeable on peds.

Old MDL Importer supports normals but they are broken while conversion (3ds max reset normals after any meshop operation)

After building triangle list from triangle strip MDL Importer starts to clean mesh from degenerate faces and during this operation all normals and vertex color are broken.

• Jinx. and SaL_Leone like this

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Ew, OMG. I can't tell if its the low FPS or just a bad rig. Probably a little of both.

Sal, I just told you. On the VCS for VC page? I literally told you what is wrong. You refuse to listen.

Im rigging them on XEPO's  bones and weights,just a bit change weights in legs.

Every player model is same with some differences.Bones are same

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 23 April 2014 - 04:52 PM.

Yeah bones are the same but bone placement isnt. If I have a guy taller than vic, do you honestly think something like Vic's upperarm bone is going to be in the same XYZ coordinates as the guy taller than vic? And even so they'd also have different weights. Based on how the model was built weights are different, If I place that tall guy over VIC and rig it then it might work fine, but the weights are set for Vics mesh so that tall guys legs are going to be f*cked because the weights aren't for his model. Do you understand? Should I rewrite it on the board 50 times?

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

👉 👌

• Facade
  • Romania

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Normal Sabre, Cuban Hermes and Hermes :)

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:53 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 23 April 2014 - 04:57 PM.

Yeah bones are the same but bone placement isnt. If I have a guy taller than vic, do you honestly think something like Vic's upperarm bone is going to be in the same XYZ coordinates as the guy taller than vic? And even so they'd also have different weights. Based on how the model was built weights are different, If I place that tall guy over VIC and rig it then it might work fine, but the weights are set for Vics mesh so that tall guys legs are going to be f*cked because the weights aren't for his model. Do you understand? Should I rewrite it on the board 50 times?

I know that but did you see that im converting ONLY Victor?

Hehe you disliked video.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 23 April 2014 - 05:02 PM.

Hehe you disliked video.

Yeah, his name doesn't matter. You're converting victor but each victor has different weights and bones placement. Every model has a different set, they don't share. Go ahead and compare two vic models that XEPO gave your or import some yourself. This would be like me trying to convert Chicken Costume Toni by placing him over Casual toni, obviously I'm gonna wanna get correct weights because the mesh of the chicken costume is too complex for casual toni weights.

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Hehe you disliked video.

Yeah, his name doesn't matter. You're converting victor but each victor has different weights and bones placement. Every model has a different set, they don't share. Go ahead and compare two vic models that XEPO gave your or import some yourself. This would be like me trying to convert Chicken Costume Toni by placing him over Casual toni, obviously I'm gonna wanna get correct weights because the mesh of the chicken costume is too complex for casual toni weights.

Ok so can you tell me how to convert it with original bones and weight?

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

head-explode.jpg

I'm telling you AK-73's MDL import can import proper bones and weights for IG peds.

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

I know that but what after i import it?

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 23 April 2014 - 05:12 PM.

Judgment-Day-October-21-2011-Rapture-End

AK-73's MDL import can import weights and bones from VCS peds and even export them without any work, just a simple import then export with Kams, no rigging required.

• TJGM likes this

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

The Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 23 April 2014 - 05:17 PM.

Judgment-Day-October-21-2011-Rapture-End

AK-73's MDL import can import weights and bones from VCS peds and even export them without any work, just a simple import then export with Kams, no rigging required.

I get this error

Unknown property: parent in udefined

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014