Photo

Your Extremely Negative K/D Blows My Mind

145 replies to this topic
senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:31 AM Edited by senormidget, 01 April 2014 - 11:35 AM.

Poor reaction times, aren't going for headshots, don't change to the appropriate weapon (just use an AR throughout the game regardless of range), not using the cover system properly, not going for the pickups if forced is on, Ramboing, poor awareness of surroundings/enemies, constantly trying to use RPG and getting picked off.

There's a lot of ways to suck at deathmatches, even on autoaim.

Edit: Also, a lot of people run straight to where a team mate just died making them very easy to flank.

Lag and bad spawn points are also a factor I suppose.
  • LuapYllier likes this

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

Jet stealing professional

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

Stats mean absolutely nothing in this game.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

Well bio the fact that the K/D is shared between characters, and that Free Roam is a giant Death match (kiinky kiittenz...) doesn't really help in keeping a nice KD ratio I'm afraid :(

I'm talking about Deathmatch K/D, not overall K/D.  I don't care for overall K/D cause this isn't COD, lol. 

I don't think I've ever went negative in an auto-aim deathmatch.  I just don't understand how it's so hard for people, especially since I imagine a lot just keep tapping the aim button as they move, which is why you see people's guns popping up and down.

it gets a bit hard for me sometimes because i'm shortsighted.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

There's plenty of reasons why. It's not that hard to figure out.

What is it with free aim folks on here?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:00 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 01 April 2014 - 12:00 PM.

While I think your a bit of an ass I will try to explain from the point of view of someone in auto aim who regularly has negative k/d in a match.

A. Lag.
B. Bad reflexes.
C. Bad luck.
D. Inexperience.
E. Unfamiliar.
F. Don't care.

To expand. i think I have played all of maybe 50 deathmatches total and I have played since day one. Virtually every time I do pop into one for a little fun, it is one I have never seen before. I tend to have lag issues especially with unarmed matches. I often find myself at the losing end of a gun face off, call it slow reflexes or inexperience with quickly shifting for a head shot. I havent played them enough to know the maps or even how the minimap icons work. The bottom line though is that I really just dont care. I am in a match to have a little fun with people who are actually looking for a fight...as opposed to ambushing someone buying clothes.

Maybe you should just play more standard matches instead of team if your too leet for everyone.
  • budcat likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 01 April 2014 - 03:11 PM.

That comment suggests that you haven't spent much time in deathmatch. You've always got a chance even if people are taking cover.

I've played 496 in total, 335 of those are wins. My highest killstreak is 17 and that was in free-aim, I can honestly say I found free-aim to be easier.

It's blatantly obvious that cover gives you an extreme advantage in auto-aim which is why you have those people that are stationary, waiting for people to come within the auto-aim range.  While the video is comical, I didn't post it to be comical, because it's actually a great representation of how auto-aim combat goes.

Spoiler

Don't even get me started on how you can keep calling Lester to reveal players and just camp every corner, waiting the blips to come to you and then blasting them.

Maybe you should just play more standard matches instead of team if your too leet for everyone.

Is anyone here not "good" at auto-aim (notice "good" cause it's hard to say that someone is good at automatically aiming)?

Nowhere in my post do I say I'm "leet" because I clearly state that you can't really be good at auto-aim, IMO, but you shouldn't be bad unless you have a good enough reason since it's so simple.  Your reason is fine because you're just not really trying.

I'm saying how can you try, and go 1-13, and not be low-level?  It's nonsense, unless something like lag is affecting you.

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Drifting thoughout these threads like a true drifter should.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Jesus bio is this topic still going?

;)

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

;)

Needs to make it to page ten at least.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

;)

Yes, I am gathering data!

I've gotten some good answers here, and this thread turned a little bit into a free aim vs auto-aim argument like I predicted.

CLUJQRQ.gif

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Drifting thoughout these threads like a true drifter should.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

;)

Yes, I am gathering data!

I've gotten some good answers here, and this thread turned a little bit into a free aim vs auto-aim argument like I predicted.

CLUJQRQ.gif

Which was my fear when u first made this thread :S

Still though the discussions fairly on topic, so I'd say it's doing good :)

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:32 PM Edited by dingodile_r89, 01 April 2014 - 03:36 PM.

I played a handicap deathmatch, 2 on 1 against slightly low levels. I stuck to my heavy pistol, and even though they knew where I was , I could still pop them off no matter what gun they used.

I would say:

Bad reflexes
Aim hesitation
Bad movement
Bad situational awareness
Bad choice of cover

These things contribute to a bad kill death ratio, imo

Edit: It was in free aim. The map was "Paintball". If that helps...

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

That comment suggests that you haven't spent much time in deathmatch. You've always got a chance even if people are taking cover.
I've played 496 in total, 335 of those are wins. My highest killstreak is 17 and that was in free-aim, I can honestly say I found free-aim to be easier.

It's blatantly obvious that cover gives you an extreme advantage in auto-aim which is why you have those people that are stationary, waiting for people to come within the auto-aim range.  While the video is comical, I didn't post it to be comical, because it's actually a great representation of how auto-aim combat goes.

Spoiler

Don't even get me started on how you can keep calling Lester to reveal players and just camp every corner, waiting the blips to come to you and then blasting them.

Is anyone here not "good" at auto-aim (notice "good" cause it's hard to say that someone is good at automatically aiming)?

Nowhere in my post do I say I'm "leet" because I clearly state that you can't really be good at auto-aim, IMO, but you shouldn't be bad unless you have a good enough reason since it's so simple.  Your reason is fine because you're just not really trying.

I'm saying how can you try, and go 1-13, and not be low-level?  It's nonsense, unless something like lag is affecting you.

Your entire dialogue is dripping with FA>AA and you > than everyone you see. Defines leet.

I didnt say Im not trying. I said Im not very good. I do the best I can but its not good enough.
There will always be people who arent as good as you claim to be.
AA is not a garuntee of anything because all of your opponents are using it as well. So regardless of that you still have to be better at using it than your opponent. Even if we had a new level of GOD aim where you pull the trigger and anyone visible on your screen is killed, you would still need to pull trigger before the other guy...and you would need to know enough about the map to know where best to look to put people on the screen.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

I played a handicap deathmatch, 2 on 1 against slightly low levels. I stuck to my heavy pistol, and even though they knew where I was , I could still pop them off no matter what gun they used.

I would say:

Bad reflexes
Aim hesitation
Bad movement
Bad situational awareness
Bad choice of cover

These things contribute to a bad kill death ratio, imo

Edit: It was in free aim. The map was "Paintball". If that helps...

I would add not being able to bide your time to that list.

This morning, I ended up in Top Fun (the one that starts at the airport).  I was one of 3 runners up against 2 chasers.  As usual, I took to the subway, ditched the car at the turnstiles and ran to the end of the tunnel.  As usual I was the last one on my team alive seeing as no one could find me.  As usual one of the opponents in the Lazer died whilst trying to explode me.  So here I am waiting in the perfect spot.  I called Lester a couple times to reveal our blips and the oppent finally worked out where I was and met with some special carbine ammo which happened to be travelling in the opposite direction at high velocity as they drove into the tunnel without a care in the world.

Great, I won the mission, everyone one on my team happy, or so you would think.  Whilst I'm lying in wait for my victim, one of the guys on my team messages me saying "chicen do some thing".  I was sorely tempet to commit suicide and ask if that was what he had in mind.  So after a bit of back and forth with this idiot (who was trying his best to kill the English language) I was apparently wrong for using a bit of thought and tactics to win the game.  So I think I have learnt today that the correct way to play any PvP is to run about like a headless chicken with no concept of cover or outsmarting your opponent(s), dying every 10 seconds.

I forgot to mention, this guy died 30 seconds into the game, I sadly kid you not.

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

I'm on a venture for weapon tints so obviously the quickest way to acquire them is playing deathmatches.  After sifting through the terrible Rockstar verified DMs and crappy content creator maps, I eventually find a Rockstar-created map.  Now of course I like free aim deathmatches way better than auto aim for obvious reasons, but since most of the community plays auto aim I'm stuck in auto-aim deathmatches in order to gain the weapon tints faster.

Now what blows my mind is how some people end the match with K/Ds like 1-7, 1-13, etc.  How in the world can you suck so bad at auto-aim?  The game is almost just playing itself for you when it comes to shooting at someone else, so how can you get killed so many times and only get 1-2 kills?  I've played quite a few deathmatches so far and I find myself to be on the losing team because of players like this, who contribute nothing and just get floored over and over again.  I'd maybe understand if it was free aim, but since it's auto-aim I just can't begin to contemplate how much they suck.

Does anyone have an answer for this?  Is anyone here not "good" at auto-aim (notice "good" cause it's hard to say that someone is good at automatically aiming)?  Also I know this thread is probably going to turn into a Auto Aim vs Free Aim argument somehow, so I'm already prepared for that.

Note:  I'm talking about the K/D at the end of the deathmatch on the scoreboard, not players's overall K/D.

You do understand that in order for one player to have a K/D ratio >1 another player has to have a K/D ratio <1 right?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:02 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 01 April 2014 - 04:02 PM.

You do understand that in order for one player to have a K/D ratio >1 another player has to have a K/D ratio <1 right?

You do understand that I put extremely in the title, and gave examples of going 1-13 and 1-7, right? :bored:

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

You do understand that I put extremely in the title, and gave examples of going 1-13 and 1-7, right? :bored:

I could achieve those scores.  Truth be told, after the first 2 or 3 kills I'll just give up and either hide as far away as possible and count my in-game money.

xerophytism
  • xerophytism

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

Personally have a terrible k/d because I absolutely hate 3rd person shooters, I think the controls for it are generally horrible

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Not looking at the mini map. Not taking cover.

Yer dead.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

You can suck or be good at auto-aiming. And if you don't believe that, you need to think about it for more than 10 seconds.

• Vooodu likes this

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Unbalanced

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

I think casual game modes attract casual gamers, is the simple answer. I played classy construction last night, the settings couldn't have been more noob friendly yet still one guy on my team just pattered around on the blazer for ten minutes being repeatedly shot in the face. He conceded about 14 kills and didn't get one kill of his own. There's no excuse for that besides, apathy, contempt, trolling or even assisting friends and crew members on the opposite team. It doesn't bother me though, I think I've unlocked quite a few weapon tints because of these casual punchbag style players you can only worry about your own score really

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Auto-Aiming with the "I can see you blip" makes deathmatches beyond easy now. I just finished a deathmatch with 40-16 with a 2.5 KD.

It feels so weird being back in Traditional GTA, but nobody plays in Free Aim. :(

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 01 April 2014 - 06:26 PM.

some people just suck at the game. before my system died i played with a kid that had godmode and infinite ammo. i drove my tank in a circle around the player and it took him 30-40 rpg shots before he killed my tank. i know the aim on the rpg isnt that great but you should be able to hit a tank from 5 feet away every time. especially when you dont have to worry about getting killed. if it wasnt for the hacks i imagine the kid would have a negative 30. k/d ratio.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

I don't think these people realize you can get a decent KDR by simply flicking the analog stick up at people's heads lol.

thats how I get kills with the AK. Auto aim to the face FTW

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

People get very low K/D ratios despite having auto aim because they don't know the tactics that good deathmatch players use to get their good K/D ratios. They often run and shoot blindly and hope for the best. Like other people said, they aren't aware of what's going on, they don't take cover, they don't use the right weapon, etc.

I think it's worth mentioning that GTA Online deathmatches are different from Call of Duty, Halo, or any other shooting game. If you want to get good at deathmatches, you need to practice, and know how GTA Online's deathmatch mechanics work.

• SteveNYC81 likes this

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 12 April 2014 - 12:25 AM.

I finish anywhere from a 2.5 low 3 K/D finish in almost every match, sometimes higher, and 85% of the time as the team carrier. As the man above me said cowboys will get a shellacking in TDMs, they will make your team loose very quickly, and they will be lucky if they finish near a .50 K/D after it's all said and done. I did a half hour match earlier 3 on 3, I had 53 kills and 17 deaths, the second place guy, had 37 kills and 44 deaths, third place guy 28 kills and 40 deaths. we won 118-101. I didn't get mad at my team, but many of their deaths were completely avoidable. But that's what happens when you try to cowboy the whole match.

• MilosSarcev likes this

LRULES07
  • LRULES07

The King of Jokes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

I finish anywhere from a 2.5 low 3 K/D finish in almost every match, sometimes higher, and 85% of the time as the team carrier. As the man above me said cowboys will get a shellacking in TDMs, they will make your team loose very quickly, and they will be lucky if they finish near a .50 K/D after it's all said and done. I did a half hour match earlier 3 on 3, I had 53 kills and 17 deaths, the second place guy, had 37 kills and 44 deaths, third place guy 28 kills and 40 deaths. we won 118-101. I didn't get mad at my team, but many of their deaths were completely avoidable. But that's what happens when you try to cowboy the whole match.

Hm u sound like someone who uses their brain during tdm matches. If your on ps3 hit me up I'm always looking for cool ppl to roll with on tdm I'm currently over 400wins under 200 losses. I Play in auto aim since there is a lack of free aim tdm matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users