Photo

Your Extremely Negative K/D Blows My Mind

145 replies to this topic
NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:14 PM Edited by NikkoCharger, 31 March 2014 - 07:14 PM.

I have a low k/d ratio (overall is .70) and I hardly ever play in deathmatches. I bought Grand Theft Auto in order to mess around with cars and stuff. I would have gotten a fps if a k/d was important to me.
  • manicmechanic71 and TomKongPhooey like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

You have to use the aim trigger.  Whoever does it first gets the kill.  Also, deathmatches are always going to be favourable to people who camp as apposed to moving about.

Exactly.  In autoaim, you have to be exposed in order to aim, so whoever has more health or more armor or more shooting stat or less lag or more bullets per second or faster reaction time or the ability to tap the stick accurately for the headshot will get the kill.  Everybody else is just a target. 

And since, as many people have said here, the secret to winning DM's is camping, a DM full of experts should time out with no kills.  Sounds exciting. 

I expect that for the people who end a deathmatch with a 1-13 record (that'd be me), it's their first and last DM, since DM's are frustrating and pointless if you are not grinding  them for awards. 

• manicmechanic71 likes this

dzian
  • dzian

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Well bio the fact that the K/D is shared between characters, and that Free Roam is a giant Death match (kiinky kiittenz...) doesn't really help in keeping a nice KD ratio I'm afraid :(

I'm talking about Deathmatch K/D, not overall K/D.  I don't care for overall K/D cause this isn't COD, lol. 

I don't think I've ever went negative in an auto-aim deathmatch.  I just don't understand how it's so hard for people, especially since I imagine a lot just keep tapping the aim button as they move, which is why you see people's guns popping up and down.
theres your answer.

Do you a: tap l2 not get a lock so move closer and try again. Or do you b: tap l2 not get a lock so aim manually. If you do a and the opponet does b You lose everytime. The range of weapons is about double whatever they lock at. And in the 2 or 3 seconds its taken you to get closer. Hes killed you.

thorpey181
  • thorpey181

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

I think it's just that the majority of people have no idea how to play PVP deathmatches on GTA. The general level of competence does seem worse than other games.  

Autoaim obviously means it's a tactical shooter not twitch, which I think most people are used to playing. Agree with others that the most patient players generally do the best, on smaller maps anyway.  

The other day I went 9-0 then 6-0 consecutively on a countryside map; got a message on xbl afterwards "nice sniping man :)" which was cute. 

I've also won a 5 on 5 team deathmatch single handedly before, went 10-0 (the score limit was 10, incompetent host) which was pretty funny. Just aggressively moved up the map under cover and wiped out their whole team before doing the exact same as they all spawned and ran back in. 

Still personally think they should have made free aim the default for online, would be more fair on the decent players. Which is probably why they went with AA.

gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

They probably just have really poor reaction time.

More likely don't know the map too well. Those who know all the hiding/cover spots usually dominate DMs and LTSs.

• manicmechanic71 likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

.Also those stupid Power plays/ tints that make it hard to see piss me off which is why I tend to keep away from Deathmatches

That annoys me so much, why does that happen. You get a losing streak and then it all starts going dark and bright, if it happened in a quicker motion so many epileptics would be suing R*.

As for the original question I really don't know, personally I don't think I'm that good at deathmatches, but only about 25% of the time do I have a negative K/D ratio at the end of a match.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

I had like a 4.50 K/D on one of those deathmatches just running n gunning lol. It is really not hard on autoaim and I only used the advanced rifle. 

Scored top easily, we won then I left cause it was boring. 

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 31 March 2014 - 07:59 PM.

Yeah, depending how how many joints I have smoked, I go from fast like a sloth to fast like a snail.

Pretty much this. Sometimes I'll kinda forget its a deathmatch and go rambo mode (as others have talked about) and get lost in that state for a little bit of time. I generally pull myself out before the match is over though. Racing is a different story...

• AlienTwo likes this

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

I'm on a venture for weapon tints so obviously the quickest way to acquire them is playing deathmatches.  After sifting through the terrible Rockstar verified DMs and crappy content creator maps, I eventually find a Rockstar-created map.  Now of course I like free aim deathmatches way better than auto aim for obvious reasons, but since most of the community plays auto aim I'm stuck in auto-aim deathmatches in order to gain the weapon tints faster.

Now what blows my mind is how some people end the match with K/Ds like 1-7, 1-13, etc.  How in the world can you suck so bad at auto-aim?  The game is almost just playing itself for you when it comes to shooting at someone else, so how can you get killed so many times and only get 1-2 kills?  I've played quite a few deathmatches so far and I find myself to be on the losing team because of players like this, who contribute nothing and just get floored over and over again.  I'd maybe understand if it was free aim, but since it's auto-aim I just can't begin to contemplate how much they suck.

Does anyone have an answer for this?  Is anyone here not "good" at auto-aim (notice "good" cause it's hard to say that someone is good at automatically aiming)?  Also I know this thread is probably going to turn into a Auto Aim vs Free Aim argument somehow, so I'm already prepared for that.

Note:  I'm talking about the K/D at the end of the deathmatch on the scoreboard, not players's overall K/D.

Not everyone plays PvP kill-fests so they are not going to be practiced at them.

I for one am (legit) level 178 and wouldn't last 2 minutes in a deathmatch against anyone who is practiced at it.  Also, I'm 30 and have the reactions of a 30 year old who has only just picked up a console controller so I've not got much chance against someone who has held a game controller since birth.  Clearly I don't totally suck at the game or I wouldn't have reached such a level or be as financially well off as I am.  Nor would I have a K/D ratio of 3.7 something-or-other (mainly sniper/passive trolling and surprise sticky bomb attacks).  But put me in a deathmatch or a last team standing and I am totaly clueless because I never play these.

Maybe if deathmatches had more emphasis on tatics and stealth then I'd play more but they just seem to comprise of everyone running around like headless chickens wasting ammo.

That's my humble attempt at an excuse.

• rob602pa, manicmechanic71 and I3AZZAI2 like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

You can only camp if you know the map......
As you get older your reflexes slow, only by microseconds, but enough that when you're 43 you get dropped by eighteen year olds unless you know the map well.
In my case my lack of perception doesn't help either! Lol

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

it means nothing

Xyn
  • Xyn

₥ⱥɍ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

it means nothing

It means quite a lot. It's very telling about your average play skills.
No one is expected to be a 11.0 K/D, that's something that only a lucky day gets you. But like Bio and others have said, there's no reason to possibly score a 0.25 K/D unless truly incompetent. 

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

it means nothing

No one is expected to be a 11.0 K/D, that's something that only a lucky day gets you. But like Bio and others have said, there's no reason to possibly score a 0.25 K/D unless truly incompetent. 

It means nothing, some people have a kd ratio of 1.7 but have killed thousands of players. Some people have kd of 4.0 but have only killed 100 players. Who is better?

K/d means nothing.

Xyn
  • Xyn

₥ⱥɍ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

It means nothing, some people have a kd ratio of 1.7 but have killed thousands of players. Some people have kd of 4.0 but have only killed 100 players. Who is better?

K/d means nothing.

Yeah, because thousands of cheap kills in FR make you better than 100's of well earned ones in a DM/capture.

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

it means nothing

It doesn't mean you're incompetant, it means you are not practiced at it.

In this game your K/D ratio is meaningless.

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

K/d means nothing.

Yeah, because thousands of cheap kills in FR make you better than 100's of well earned ones in a DM/capture.

They can also have 1000s of kills in DM's, you don't know where the kills come from.

So again, KD means nothing. Hell, they could of been farming kills with an alt or a friend.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

I use it as an indicator of their skills when managing my crew members. But its not the only thing I look at when promoting/demoting  by any means. For example I wouldnt Promote someone to commissioner status if their K/D ratio is under 1 cause  commissioners got to have the skills  to kill imo.  I can trust that they got my back when the sh*t goes down.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

I use it as an indicator of their skills when managing my crew members. But its not the only thing I look at when promoting/demoting  by any means. For example I wouldnt Promote someone to commissioner status if their K/D ratio is under 1 cause  commissioners got to have the skills  to kill imo.  I can trust that they got my back when the sh*t goes down.

A good driver or pilot is more useful in most missions
  • am30 likes this

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:44 AM Edited by OmegaEvolution, 01 April 2014 - 08:45 AM.

OP just doesn't understand that rolling to break auto aim is a tactic a lot of people ignore and play without. You were untouchable in Red Dead if you mastered rolling. Same is true for GTAO. It's a tactic that most people understand but kids/trolls either think they can do without it if they handle enough fire power or don't know about.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:44 AM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 01 April 2014 - 08:47 AM.

A good driver or pilot is more useful in most missions

Yeah but we are a killer crew and we like to kill  a lot of other players so my commisioners are higly skilled in every area of the game its important. Also didnt i just state in previous post that  its not the only thing I look at when promoting/demoting  by any means..my commisioners are higly skilled in every area of the game btw :)

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

In Xyn's eyes you are a terrible player as your KD is bad and you have thousands of cheap kills in FR.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:50 AM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 01 April 2014 - 08:54 AM.

Thats ok as im the crew leader so i dont need teh skils ;)

guammm17
  • guammm17

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Not everyone is as good at video games as you are, OP.  I have had some pretty terrible K/D's in TDMs before, although I am usually pretty good.  Not sure why it happens, sometimes I just can't buy a kill.  Perhaps a bad connection, bad luck, who knows?  Due to my smaller TV, I often have a hard time seeing people on the maps in the woods if they are wearing dark clothing.  Anyone that says they have never had a bad K/D in a TDM is either a hardcore camper, always host, or lying. 

Also, perhaps they are just playing the game to have fun, and they are doing the best they can, and don't really care if they win (or what you think about their performance).  I would rather play a TDM with people that suck and are having fun, than dbags who get upset with people for not performing up to their "standards".  Your KD is fine since that seems to be your main concern, so why are you complaining?  If you don't like playing with crappy randoms, get some friends or stop playing TDM, just please don't ever play with me.

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

In this game a very high K/D makes me think you're just dishonorable.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:56 AM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 01 April 2014 - 08:57 AM.

Its a fcking game and you call it  dishonorable :sui:

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

OP just doesn't understand that rolling to break auto aim is a tactic a lot of people ignore and play without. You were untouchable in Red Dead if you mastered rolling. Same is true for GTAO. It's a tactic that most people understand but kids/trolls either think they can do without it if they handle enough fire power or don't know about.

I think rolling isn't as effective as it was in Red Dead, but is more effective than it was in GTAIV.

Not everyone is as good at video games as you are, OP.  I have had some pretty terrible K/D's in TDMs before, although I am usually pretty good.  Not sure why it happens, sometimes I just can't buy a kill.  Perhaps a bad connection, bad luck, who knows?  Due to my smaller TV, I often have a hard time seeing people on the maps in the woods if they are wearing dark clothing.  Anyone that says they have never had a bad K/D in a TDM is either a hardcore camper, always host, or lying. 

Also, perhaps they are just playing the game to have fun, and they are doing the best they can, and don't really care if they win (or what you think about their performance).  I would rather play a TDM with people that suck and are having fun, than dbags who get upset with people for not performing up to their "standards".  Your KD is fine since that seems to be your main concern, so why are you complaining?  If you don't like playing with crappy randoms, get some friends or stop playing TDM, just please don't ever play with me.

I'm not complaining, since I don't take the DM seriously.  I'm not trying to win, I'm trying to get weapons tints.  I'm merely asking how can someone perform so badly.

I don't see how someone can get 1 kill and get killed 13 times and consider that fun :whuh:

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:00 AM Edited by Odesza, 01 April 2014 - 09:01 AM.

Not everyone is as good at video games as you are, OP.

Stopped reading there.  Do you even realize how auto aim is?  You literally can just hold both triggers and it will aim and shoot for you almost perfectly at the person.

And considering how small most DM maps are you are almost always in AA range so there's really no excuse unless you're like level 5 and don't have hands.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

It's really quite simple.

In order for someone to get a positive K/D, someone else has to end up with a negative K/D. They are symbiotic, can't have one without the other.

• bensons likes this

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, dick's a dick.  Simple as that.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

Yeah, dick's a dick.  Simple as that.

:cry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users