Photo

Your Extremely Negative K/D Blows My Mind

145 replies to this topic
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by Vooodu, 31 March 2014 - 06:07 PM.

when aiming is taken out of the equation (sort of, using the stick for headshots helps a lot)

all that really remains is tactics, so i geuss these players just run around like headless chickens

Pretty much this.  ^

Auto aim + Player moving around = Easy kills.    

Basically the people dying alot keep moving around...lol

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Also.....

I find myself to be on the losing team because of players like this, who contribute nothing and just get floored over and over again. 

I'll notice these people on my team and follow them around, killing the enemies before they have a chance to kill the person on my team. It goes a long way to help your team win and to also help the struggling player get the hang of things since they're not dying as much. A lot of the time, they'll take note of how I'm playing the map and try it for themselves. I don't really care if I lose as long as I did the best I could and tried to help my team.

Is anyone here not "good" at auto-aim (notice "good" cause it's hard to say that someone is good at automatically aiming)?  

There are players who use auto aim and just shoot away at the snap point....and there are better players who go for head shots. Just because the game aims for you, doesn't make you great at it. 

• ~TKP~, AlienTwo and G37 like this

Ermac
  • Ermac

Presented in SpittaVision®

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

I usually dont blame these players for losing a TDM, I often put it down to the best player on the opposite team being better than me, that sums up my Rockstar MP career...im the best damn player on the losing side

Replace Rockstar MP with any competitive shooter and that's me in a nutshell. Carry the whole city on my back only to lose.

• Crimie Marston likes this

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Well bio the fact that the K/D is shared between characters, and that Free Roam is a giant Death match (kiinky kiittenz...) doesn't really help in keeping a nice KD ratio I'm afraid :(

How do expect to participate in a forum if all you do is reply to the title and not read any of the content?

• Black Rabbit likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Some people are just better at the game than others.

I've never played an AA deathmatch. I'm not trying to bash those who do, but I honestly don't see how it could be enjoyable. I'm not going to go into why I don't think it isn't enjoyable because that's where I would start sounding like what people here like to call a "free aim elitist" and all that nonsense, but in the case of AA it's likely a combination of a player being more in tune with the one-two-three mechanic of the uncover->lock->shoot style of AA GTA, and people who are just used to other style shooters or simply just don't/can't get it.        

It's not enjoyable at all.  I'm suffering.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

How in the world can you suck so bad at auto-aim?  

Because OTHER people are BETTER at using auto-aim/cover system. Is it that hard to understand? 

Still, there's no excuse for going 1-13.

Under any circumstances.

Ever.

People have gone 1-13 (give or take) against me and they totally deserved it as their skill level was nowhere in the realm of mine. I'm not saying that I'm great, I'm just saying that people's skill, reaction time, approach and other factors play heavily into the game. Just because you don't struggle to get a 1+ k/d doesn't mean that the person who just went 1-13 didn't struggle just to get that 1 kill. They're having fun, they're trying to play the game the way they know how, they may be new to deathmatches and are just figuring them out. 

No need to be rude to these players. Get off your high horses and have fun. Try to help them if you can. 

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by G37, 31 March 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Still, there's no excuse for going 1-13.

Under any circumstances.

Ever.

I would highly disagree though. There's so many factors to consider:

- Weapon availability (rank)

- DM Type (team/solo)

- DM Balancing

- DM terrain

- DM services

- Enormous player sample size = enormous skill potentials (Junior High football player vs NFL player for example)

- Age and experience

- Perception

- Poor reaction time

- Luck

- GTA team "balancing"/matching on/off (for better or for worse in either case)

To name a few. Throw all of these things together and you have yourself an insane random match generator and the numbers can always work out to look like that.

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • Wales

Because despite the elitism in free-aim players, auto-aim is actually harder.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

ooh.. Lord.  Don't start that bullsh*t now... lmao

• Flūttershy and tymaster50 like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Stop.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Lol buncha casuals ITT 

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

TDM are too easy, all you have to use is suppressed weapons, you won't die most of the time if done correctly & if you do its once or twice 

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Troll comment of the century right here.

So Auto-Aim, which automatically aims for you...Is somehow harder than actually doing the work yourself?

lolol ok

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Stop.

It's true though.
Free-Aim is much easier.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

How?

Look, I'm an auto-aim player, but claiming it is harder is just bloody insane.  One you have to ... uh... aim, the other you are just locked on my clicking one button.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

TDM are too easy, all you have to use is suppressed weapons, you won't die most of the time if done correctly & if you do its once or twice 

The power-player bullsh*t gets on my nerves.

"Hey, let's make it if you're doing really good, then your position is revealed to everyone on the map!"

:facedesk:

It's true though.

Free-Aim is much easier.

I don't appreciate you trolling my thread!

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Stop.

Thats correct though, it takes more skill to kill someone that automatically can lock on to you, ive played on both sides lol & lets not act like most people havent played a free aim first person shooter, its not impressive its normal

• manicmechanic71 likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Stop.

Thats correct though, it takes more skill to kill someone that automatically can lock on to you, ive played on both sides lol & lets not act like most people havent played a free aim first person shooter, its not impressive its normal

Personally I couldn't care less about FA vs AA but really you mean whoever can press l2 and r2 first wins. It has always been that, or whoever has the RPG/Minigun pulled out. 

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

How?

Look, I'm an auto-aim player, but claiming it is harder is just bloody insane.  One you have to ... uh... aim, the other you are just locked on my clicking one button.

So Auto-Aim, which automatically aims for you...Is somehow harder than actually doing the work yourself?

lolol ok

Only during pvp. It's much harder to stay alive. I found free-aim deathmatches a little to easy.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Freeaim - You must manually aim at others but they have to manually aim at you also --- Difficult to get kills

AutoAim - You lock on to others but they can lock onto you --- Difficult to not die

Each aim mode is different and challenging in their own way presenting unique challenges and strategies. That's all. Neither is better than the other, neither is harder than the other, they're just different. 

• manicmechanic71 likes this

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Some people don't care to win. They'll run face first into a shotgun 10 times just to get 1 kill.as long as they get that one they're cool with how they did.

It's a cod mentality I think.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Stop.

Personally I couldn't care less about FA vs AA but really you mean whoever can press l2 and r2 first wins. It has always been that, or whoever has the RPG/Minigun pulled out. 

no not really cause if i have more health i can still kill you if you're quicker but to add to your point thats why you go for headshots too so you both dont just kill each other

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

How?

lolol ok

Only during pvp. It's much harder to stay alive. I found free-aim deathmatches a little to easy.

Thats because in AA i can camp one spot and lock/kill every player that comes into view.    Surviving will always be easier in a shootout game where you have to shoot yourself, as it should be.

Back on topic.  Players in AA run around trying to hard lock everything like a NPC shoout.  Problem is they end up getting killed by actual players camping and being smart about their posturing .. Basically the least patient player always looses in AA matches.  

Bluesun62
  • Bluesun62

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

Some people like me suck at DM. I only play when the crew does. Plus I always respawn in front of and with my back to the enemy.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

They also made anyone in your line of sight shown on the minimal, so there's no difficulty in spotting someone either.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

How?

lolol ok

Thats because in AA i can camp one spot and lock/kill every player that comes into view.    Surviving will always be easier in a shootout game where you have to shoot yourself, as it should be.

Back on topic.  Players in AA run around trying to hard lock everything like a NPC shoout.  Problem is they end up getting killed by actual players camping and being smart about their posturing .. Basically the least patient player always looses in AA matches.  

Okay, point made.  Shooting is way harder in free aim, but staying un-shot much easier.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

I guess it can vary on different peoples playing style in DMs.

Some like to camp back and get easy kills with the locking on of auto-aim.

Others like to run and gun and see who they can kill.

Also players who have bad situational awareness get picked off easily.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by Vooodu, 31 March 2014 - 06:35 PM.

I guess it can vary on different peoples playing style in DMs.

Some like to camp back and get easy kills with the locking on of auto-aim.

Others like to run and gun and see who they can kill.

Also players who have bad situational awareness get picked off easily.

I think the main problem is AA and fighting NPCs warps peoples brains.

In story mode or when fighting NPCs online, its easy to just run out and lock and drop everything.  You get the feeling of being AWESOME.

Then you go out play AA death matches... And the other players are not giving that player easy lock and drop targets.  So their current way of playing like rambo with AA just comes back to bite them.

The most patient player, who moves the least with the best view and cover of the battle field will have the advantage over everyone whos moving around constantly looking for targets.

• Crimie Marston likes this

LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Keep in mind some people may also be ganged up on at times, I recall during a death match me and another guy just took turns killing one player over and over again. (despite it being a free for all). The reason being he sat doing nothing while we did the work for two or three missions. So we we're a little miffed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users