Your Extremely Negative K/D Blows My Mind

145 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 31 March 2014 - 05:29 PM.

I'm on a venture for weapon tints so obviously the quickest way to acquire them is playing deathmatches.  After sifting through the terrible Rockstar verified DMs and crappy content creator maps, I eventually find a Rockstar-created map.  Now of course I like free aim deathmatches way better than auto aim for obvious reasons, but since most of the community plays auto aim I'm stuck in auto-aim deathmatches in order to gain the weapon tints faster.

Now what blows my mind is how some people end the match with K/Ds like 1-7, 1-13, etc.  How in the world can you suck so bad at auto-aim?  The game is almost just playing itself for you when it comes to shooting at someone else, so how can you get killed so many times and only get 1-2 kills?  I've played quite a few deathmatches so far and I find myself to be on the losing team because of players like this, who contribute nothing and just get floored over and over again.  I'd maybe understand if it was free aim, but since it's auto-aim I just can't begin to contemplate how much they suck.

Does anyone have an answer for this?  Is anyone here not "good" at auto-aim (notice "good" cause it's hard to say that someone is good at automatically aiming)?  Also I know this thread is probably going to turn into a Auto Aim vs Free Aim argument somehow, so I'm already prepared for that.

Note:  I'm talking about the K/D at the end of the deathmatch on the scoreboard, not players's overall K/D.

• Xyn, ShinobiFixer, Killzone3265 and 1 other like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

You have to use the aim trigger.  Whoever does it first gets the kill.  Also, deathmatches are always going to be favourable to people who camp as apposed to moving about.

• GrandTheftBatman likes this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

They probably just have really poor reaction time.

• Killzone3265, HirsuteDave and manicmechanic71 like this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Drifting thoughout these threads like a true drifter should.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Well bio the fact that the K/D is shared between characters, and that Free Roam is a giant Death match (kiinky kiittenz...) doesn't really help in keeping a nice KD ratio I'm afraid :(
  • Zorvaine likes this

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by DMC14, 31 March 2014 - 05:28 PM.

lag could be a factor. but then why do you care so much.

its worse when you join a deathmatch and people from your team are AFK. i dont care as long as they have a go.

• Staten and Jolly SWAGman like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Well bio the fact that the K/D is shared between characters, and that Free Roam is a giant Death match (kiinky kiittenz...) doesn't really help in keeping a nice KD ratio I'm afraid :(

I'm talking about Deathmatch K/D, not overall K/D.  I don't care for overall K/D cause this isn't COD, lol. 

I don't think I've ever went negative in an auto-aim deathmatch.  I just don't understand how it's so hard for people, especially since I imagine a lot just keep tapping the aim button as they move, which is why you see people's guns popping up and down.

• Trini1925 likes this

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

I just wanna die surrounded by massive penises

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

my k-d is quite low because i help people earn trophys, and that is also why my racing w-l ratio is low.

i don't really care tho. i know that im better than decent...

• manicmechanic71 likes this

Watch Dogs
  • Watch Dogs

zyzz !.B0tdY9xNk

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

my kd is 4.50

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

I've said the same thing numerous times to my friends. I can't even play tdm's unless I have other friends online. Playing with Randy Randomson is ridiculous.

Going 25-6 in a match to 40 and still losing just doesn't make sense  :blink:

Then you look at your teammates and their 3-18 or worse and you're like, "Yep, that's why... :/ "

It seems like they're better in free roam lmao.

• Lazy Mofo likes this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

I'm talking about Deathmatch K/D, not overall K/D.  I don't care for overall K/D cause this isn't COD, lol. 

I don't think I've ever went negative in an auto-aim deathmatch.  I just don't understand how it's so hard for people, especially since I imagine a lot just keep tapping the aim button as they move, which is why you see people's guns popping up and down.

Oh my mistake ;) but the point still stands.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Tapping it cancels the existing lock.  Also, as DMC14 says, lag may play a factor.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

When I get really screwed in DM it's usually lag. I'll hit a guy three times in the head and then die myself. Other times the other players will be at a disadvantage.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Baby? 204863

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

This coupled with the fact that most people lack situational awareness is the reason why people have such sh*t KD's in DMs.

• saintsrow and OG_CHuckLeR like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

When I get really screwed in DM it's usually lag. I'll hit a guy three times in the head and then die myself. Other times the other players will be at a disadvantage.

I guess lag could be the culprit for now.  Forgot to add that since the new update reveals players in your line of sight, it should be even easier to get kills :l

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Bonkers

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

I'm a crappy player who lags a lot in TDM/DM but I always end up getting higher kills on the team while the rest do nothing but provide more kills for the enemy team cause of not paying attention on the radar thus sprinting aimlessly across the map. There's a time one player on my team went 2-17 ...Also those stupid Power plays/ tints that make it hard to see piss me off which is why I tend to keep away from Deathmatches

TomKongPhooey
  • TomKongPhooey

No 1 Superguy! (xbox)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by TomKongPhooey, 31 March 2014 - 05:35 PM.

chance's are they r AFK for most of the DM

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Not knowing the map is a huge handicap, and if you're merrily following the rest of the group in a voting lobby you're bound to get some unknown maps now and then.
Some people just aren't very aware, unfortunately I'm one of them, it's an age thing!

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Spaceman Spiff Wannabe

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 31 March 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Yeah, depending how how many joints I have smoked, I go from fast like a sloth to fast like a snail.

• Jolly SWAGman, TomKongPhooey, sane420 and 2 others like this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Pretty much this

2yv9k51.jpg

• Bull12345Bull, ZeusMowat_278, stonedpimpso and 14 others like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

chance's are they r AFK for most of the DM

Nah because they wouldn't have that one kill and be present at the end to vote dislike, lol.

• TomKongPhooey likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

They may not  be using cover or they running into the centre of the map where many people can see them, so someone could just come out of cover and shoot them before they even know it. 

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by One Poor Fool, 31 March 2014 - 05:59 PM.

Lol When I read the opening of this thread I thought it was about hunting down negative K/D players as an easy way to unlock weapon tints!

The people who go 1 - 13 are in most cases just casual pick up the game and play people....they dont play that often or MP games at all as much as most people here on the forums.....it could be there first deathmatch ever...or it could be there father or grandmother picking up the controller to have a go, afterall we cant all go 20 - 4 in a deathmatch

I usually dont blame these players for losing a TDM, I often put it down to the best player on the opposite team being better than me, that sums up my Rockstar MP career...im the best damn player on the losing side

• saintsrow and Ermac. like this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Thom Yorke is eating an ice cream cone. Your argument is invalid

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

I don't think these people realize you can get a decent KDR by simply flicking the analog stick up at people's heads lol.
  • Biohazard Abyss and koolaidandkfc666 like this

statistic
  • statistic

Playa

• Members

I'm often negative in DM's, though not 1-17 negative.  Usually around .5-.8 KDR.  I could do better, but I like running around and shooting at people.  I find it boring to camp out and wait, so I am the aggressor.  It's not uncommon for me to have the most kills, AND the most deaths on my team...  I also don't talk with my (random) teammates and tend to ignore whatever strategy they are using, lol.

And sometimes I'm pretty drunk, that doesn't help. 

• Grottesca and manicmechanic71 like this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

How in the world can you suck so bad at auto-aim?  

Because OTHER people are BETTER at using auto-aim/cover system. Is it that hard to understand? 

• Bluesun62 likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

when aiming is taken out of the equation (sort of, using the stick for headshots helps a lot)

all that really remains is tactics, so i geuss these players just run around like headless chickens

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

Because OTHER people are BETTER at using auto-aim/cover system. Is it that hard to understand? 

Yes, yes it is.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Some people merely aren't as perceptive as others either, that's a huge factor in a twitch shooter like this. Layers in heavily with perhaps a poor reaction time coupled with being mostly oblivious.

Same thing if you were to give a paintbrush to 100 different people and you told them to paint the same still life. You'll get 100 different levels of aptitude.

• saintsrow and Ermac. like this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by Grottesca, 31 March 2014 - 05:58 PM.

Still, there's no excuse for going 1-13.

Under any circumstances.

Ever.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 31 March 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Some people are just better at the game than others.

I've never played an AA deathmatch. I'm not trying to bash those who do, but I honestly don't see how it could be enjoyable. I'm not going to go into why I don't think it wouldn't be enjoyable because that's where I would start sounding like what people here like to call a "free aim elitist" and all that nonsense, but in the case of AA it's likely a combination of one player being more in tune with the one-two-three mechanic of the uncover->lock->shoot style of AA GTA, and people who are just used to other style shooters or simply just don't/can't get it. Maybe they don't know how to properly utilize cover, sneaking, are used to free aim or don't know it exists, or maybe...just maybe...they suck at video games in general.         

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users