• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic
Punisher.
  • Punisher.

Capture King

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Nobody in the general populace gives a f*ck whether these non-heterosexuals can marry or not, only the backwards religious people and the gay pride attention seekers do.

A lot of people care deeply about this issue, not just "gay pride attention seekers" (what a an offensively dismissive characterisation). It's probably the biggest civil rights issue of our time, in case you haven't noticed. 

I wish I could ride the moral, high horses like you do, but my opinion is that there are lot more pressing issues in the world than homosexuality, and the rights for gays to marry. Do whatever you want, as far as I'm concerned, religion and whatever the f*ck Jesus said should not decide laws and rights of people today. 

• gtamann123 likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

Nobody in the general populace gives a f*ck whether these non-heterosexuals can marry or not, only the backwards religious people and the gay pride attention seekers do.

A lot of people care deeply about this issue, not just "gay pride attention seekers" (what a an offensively dismissive characterisation). It's probably the biggest civil rights issue of our time, in case you haven't noticed. 

I wish I could ride the moral, high horses like you do, but my opinion is that there are lot more pressing issues in the world than homosexuality, and the rights for gays to marry. Do whatever you want, as far as I'm concerned, religion and whatever the f*ck Jesus said should not decide laws and rights of people today. 

Don't do it, man.

Don't do it. You'll get the lecture.

There are more important issues, but that doesn't mean this should be dismissed. Everyone deserves the right to love whoever they want and share their property (as well as a motherf*ckin' tax break, lucky bastards) with whoever they choose. The governments of each country are able to focus on multiple issues, and the "more pressing issues" excuse doesn't fly.

• Mockage likes this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:18 PM Edited by rawrsnar, 01 April 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Oh what a world it would be if we could all agree on legalizing gay marriage. Unfortunately, these kind of conflicts will exist as long as there are people who want to f*ck others out of their rights, so there will always be lots of people on the other side rallying for it. So even if this issue isn't as huge as child slavery, It's always going to be very prevalent in our society. 

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

If I can marry a blow up doll, I sure as hell could marry someone who shares the same sexuality as I. 

• EphemeralStar likes this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

Homosexuality is a type of mental illness.

Why else would they have fought so hard for the right to get married?

• Punisher. likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

I'm only seeing one type of mental illness in this thread, boy.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

There are more important issues, but that doesn't mean this should be dismissed.

quoted for truth.

just because there are "child soldiers" and "poverty" in the world doesn't mean we can't also rectify the issue of social equality in our own country.

to say otherwise is retarded.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:19 AM Edited by Melchior, 02 April 2014 - 07:19 AM.

I think it takes a special kind of asshole to roll their eyes at a civil rights movement.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

Let's not have this turn into another bitch-fest. Plenty of topics on the morals of homosexuality that the closet bigots and homophobes with absolutely no scientific or technical understanding of sexuality can go and vent their ignorance in.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Wow, I suddenly remember why I stopped posting so much round here.

Jokes or not, some of you guys are pretty damn embarrassing.

Glad this has been passed, about damn time.
  • Moonshield, Kirsty, Gilligan and 1 other like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

Am I the only one with the intense mental prowess to tell that this was a joke?

• Moonshield likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

Am I the only one with the intense mental prowess to tell that this was a joke?

Poe's Law?
  • Melchior likes this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Yep, immunity to humor.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:19 AM Edited by Myron, 02 April 2014 - 08:20 AM.

Yep, immunity to humor.

I didn't get that you were making a joke about marriage when I first saw that, my mistake.

Nothing to see here.

Punisher.
  • Punisher.

Capture King

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

Let's not have this turn into another bitch-fest. Plenty of topics on the morals of homosexuality that the closet bigots and homophobes with absolutely no scientific or technical understanding of sexuality can go and vent their ignorance in.

lol, nice twisted joke up there, which completely went over the head of some people  :lol:

technical understanding of sexuality  :monocle: 

Any Sex Engineers or Doctors here? 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

As I said before, Poe's Law applies here.

Also, many of the usual arguments against homosexuality are based on not understanding biology and the concept of what constitutes natural and what doesn't.

Regardless, not the topic at hand.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

"Gay pride attention seekers" I didn't know that civil rights activists who supported the equal treatment and protection of all citizens under the law where attention seekers. What does that make that MLK guy?

• Melchior likes this

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

I almost expected to see something about Piers Morgan deciding to move back to Britain when I saw the topic title.

Anyhoo, I saw this on the news the day before it happened, good thing. :)

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

sh*t the holey war has started!

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

I'm like most people I know in the fact that this law being passed doesn't effect me one bit. If gay people want the right to be married then that is something (in my opinion) that should of been allowed to happen years ago.

• Doc Rikowski likes this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by Doc Rikowski, 02 April 2014 - 05:24 PM.

How about marriage between heterosexuals males (or females)? ;)
Nobody ever thought of that but how about marrying your best friend and have a non sexual marriage relationship?
Sharing the same roof, expenses and tax benefits but having a regular heterosexual sex life with women (or men) outside the marriage?
Is marriage defined only by two persons having sex with each other? Couldn't both persons care for each other but have sex with others and still be married?
Couldn't two friends have or adopt children?
Basically why friends can't marry each other solely based on friendship?
It would work wonders in a lot of cases! :D
  • Punisher. likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

what I can't understand is.....

guys. did you forgot that God IS the one who made you Hetero/Homo etc?

I mean, seriously. He make your skin color, your eye colors, your hair natural color, and your sexuality. why He would blame you for being a Homo if HE'S the one who made you one?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

So, you admit that God makes mistakes. When God experiments and goofs he let's go. So why can't humans?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I'm afraid you misunderstood me...

I meant that God make our sexuality and etc. if He made me a Homo (as an example) why would I burn in Hell if God HIMSELF made me gay? its like a teacher never telling his students that today they have an exam, and when all the students fail at it, he punish them.

same here. God make our sexuality, our skin color, etc. why would gays burn in Hell if God himself made them gays?

and who said God make mistakes? :p

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Ain't Religious Mythology sum'pin?

The con-men that run Christian Mythology just have to scare the sheeple to shake that last coin from them, especially those little ole lady's that burn those morning, noon, and night candles.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

That was a good thought weasel, too bad it has nothing to do with the topic. 

Punisher.
  • Punisher.

Capture King

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

How about marriage between heterosexuals males (or females)? ;)
Nobody ever thought of that but how about marrying your best friend and have a non sexual marriage relationship?
Sharing the same roof, expenses and tax benefits but having a regular heterosexual sex life with women (or men) outside the marriage?
Is marriage defined only by two persons having sex with each other? Couldn't both persons care for each other but have sex with others and still be married?
Couldn't two friends have or adopt children?
Basically why friends can't marry each other solely based on friendship?
It would work wonders in a lot of cases! :D

Sounds like an Adam Sandler movie plot.

"Gay pride attention seekers" I didn't know that civil rights activists who supported the equal treatment and protection of all citizens under the law where attention seekers. What does that make that MLK guy?

What on earth are you on about? Equality exists between sexualities, prior to gay marriage rules in the UK, it wasn't as if homosexuals had to sit on different buses or weren't allowed to commit to a civil partnership (which is practically marriage in everything but name, minus the religious part, when ironically most religious leaders oppose gay marriage). Comparing the plights of gay people to blacks in America 50 years ago, is laughable. Let's see, in the UK are gay people subject public lynchings,being hosed down with fire hoses and attacked by police dogs, or do gay couples end up having to spend the night sleeping in their car because  hotels won’t serve them, or are water fountains and restaurants marked with a sign saying something like “No gays”?? Do gay people get paid less in the UK? 

That was a good thought weasel, too bad it has nothing to do with the topic. 

He was talking to the guy who mentioned God and Sexuality, isn't marriage a religious ceremony? or do you just like being a jerk off? 

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

What on earth are you on about? Equality exists between sexualities, prior to gay marriage rules in the UK, it wasn't as if homosexuals had to sit on different buses or weren't allowed to commit to a civil partnership (which is practically marriage in everything but name, minus the religious part, when ironically most religious leaders oppose gay marriage). Comparing the plights of gay people to blacks in America 50 years ago, is laughable. Let's see, in the UK are gay people subject public lynchings,being hosed down with fire hoses and attacked by police dogs, or do gay couples end up having to spend the night sleeping in their car because  hotels won’t serve them, or are water fountains and restaurants marked with a sign saying something like “No gays”?? Do gay people get paid less in the UK? 

Right, because the police aren't attacking them and they don't have their own seats on the bus, they're totally equal. Care to explain to me why there's basically no gay leaders in politics, business or religion? Or why gay people have to flee to cities to escape discrimination and alienation? Or why transsexuals are constantly harassed and made the victim of violent crime?

Claiming that sexual minorities are treated the same as the majority is profoundly stupid.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

What on earth are you on about? Equality exists between sexualities, prior to gay marriage rules in the UK, it wasn't as if homosexuals had to sit on different buses or weren't allowed to commit to a civil partnership (which is practically marriage in everything but name, minus the religious part, when ironically most religious leaders oppose gay marriage). Comparing the plights of gay people to blacks in America 50 years ago, is laughable. Let's see, in the UK are gay people subject public lynchings,being hosed down with fire hoses and attacked by police dogs, or do gay couples end up having to spend the night sleeping in their car because  hotels won’t serve them, or are water fountains and restaurants marked with a sign saying something like “No gays”?? Do gay people get paid less in the UK?

Civil partnerships are different than marriage.

http://www.marriageq...riage/faqs.html

He was talking to the guy who mentioned God and Sexuality, isn't marriage a religious ceremony? or do you just like being a jerk off? 

Except marriage predates Abrahamic religion and has existed in almost every society, in which it had nothing to do with religion. Marriage is a legal contract, nothing more.

• Moonshield and ten-a-penny like this

Punisher.
  • Punisher.

Capture King

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

What on earth are you on about? Equality exists between sexualities, prior to gay marriage rules in the UK, it wasn't as if homosexuals had to sit on different buses or weren't allowed to commit to a civil partnership (which is practically marriage in everything but name, minus the religious part, when ironically most religious leaders oppose gay marriage). Comparing the plights of gay people to blacks in America 50 years ago, is laughable. Let's see, in the UK are gay people subject public lynchings,being hosed down with fire hoses and attacked by police dogs, or do gay couples end up having to spend the night sleeping in their car because  hotels won’t serve them, or are water fountains and restaurants marked with a sign saying something like “No gays”?? Do gay people get paid less in the UK?

Civil partnerships are different than marriage.

http://www.marriageq...riage/faqs.html

Except marriage predates Abrahamic religion and has existed in almost every society, in which it had nothing to do with religion. Marriage is a legal contract, nothing more.

In this regard, I stand corrected. My understanding was marriage, was a pact made before which ever God you believed in.

As for the link you provide, that is related to Ireland, not England and Wales, so it really proves nothing. 

http://time.com/4253...united-kingdom/

Gay couples in England have been allowed to enter “civil partnerships,” conferring the same legal rights as marriage, since 2005. Britain banned schools and authorities from “promoting” homosexuality until 2003.

Whilst no doubt this is a step in the right direction for equality amongst all people, it's hardly as if it nearly remotely compares to the civil rights movements of black people in the South here, that's laughable. Perhaps the plights of gay people in Uganda, maybe compare to that. Where it is a punishable crime. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users